Other Multivitamins:
One A Day
One A Day Teen Advantage
Rca_2014_normal

One A Day Teen Advantage

Geared towards males - exactly what my teen needs!

**One A Day****Teen Advantage****Complete Multivitamin****For Him**

- Supports healthy muscle function (with magnesium)

-...Read complete review

**One A Day****Teen Advantage****Complete Multivitamin****For Him**

- Supports healthy muscle function (with magnesium)

- Supports healthy immune system

- Helps bone strength

- Energy through the conversion of food to fuel

- Take one tablet daily

**My Viewpoint!**My teenage son eats and eats and eats all day long but the food that he is consuming aren't always healthy choices and I am constantly worried about whether or not he is getting enough vitamins and nutrients daily.  He is a serious athlete and is constantly working out and taking care of the outside of his body.  What teenagers don't realize is that they have to take care of the insides, as well.

I have taken* Women's One A Day* for many years and never even noticed that there was a **One A Day** geared not only for teenagers but for both male and female teenagers.  Thus breaking it down even further to the specific nutrients and vitamins that both need daily.

It is much easier for me to hand my son a vitamin pill in the morning then to worry about what he is eating and when.  Did he get enough Vitamin b, c or magnesium?  What about calcium?  Sometimes there is no way to keep track of what your teenager is ingesting when they are away from home.

Since being started on the **One A Day Teen Advantage Complete Multivitamin For Him**, my son says that he started feeling better and it would last throughout the day.  He feels like he has more energy and that he doesn't feel like he needs to take a nap by 3rd hour at school.  I am not sure if it has anything to do with taking vitamins but his 15 year old skin has cleared up quite a bit, too.   He does use medicine for it but usually still had outbreaks.  Now he has none.  Is this to credit to **One A Day Teen Advantage Complete Multivitamin For Him**?  I'm not sure but it sure does help!

One a day teen advantage smells terrible!

My mom got these for me a few years ago, first of all as a teenager still I believe one is much like a child so a huge pink pill is not that...Read complete review

My mom got these for me a few years ago, first of all as a teenager still I believe one is much like a child so a huge pink pill is not that appealing.

As  far as the vitamin's go they are not that bad of a selection, Vitamin A is for eyes there are 2500 IU inside each capsule. Vitamin C only has 120 mg, D 800, E 30mg and K 25mcg and of course other things like calcium. Iron and apparently copper which is a little frightening for whatever reason.

Vitamin A is stored in your body so i'm a little curious why there is more Vitamin A then other Vitamin's that would help support a healthy lifestyle.

My main problem with it is the color and smell when you open the bottle, its appalling, and of course its just a pill but if they want to promote vitamin's I would recommend they make it a little more pleasing to the eye. Even a regular vitamins doesn't look that bad and because teenagers are so picky in what they eat and they go for fast food and things that look good better I would think they would take that under advertisement.

All in All its an Ok Vitamin, I mean can you go wrong with them? yes...you can overdose, and every person has a different need of certain ones so I suppose since there is so little of each in here its good all around.

But this is not good for somebody seriously taking vitamins to stay healthy, I would point them to the bottles of A, B, C and E and take whatever would help their personal needs or consult their doctor.

Decent multivitamin if you're looking for an everyday source

from West Virginia

Comments about One A Day Teen Advantage:

I took these for added B-vitamins and Iron as well as Folic acid. I had to take B-12 shots and iron supplements for the longest time and someone recommended that because I'm just in my early twenties and I'm somewhat smaller, to try taking these. They did a good job of supplementing my iron. I didn't see any difference in my B-12 levels when I had them checked but as far as Iron goes they did a great job. I also used them for the Folic Acid as my teeth are really sensitive and my hair and nails (both finger and toe) are prone to cracking and breaking. This didn't do anything to help in so far as making them harder or stronger. I would recommend this as an addition to your daily routine and as an everyday multivitamin as well as a good source of extra iron but I do not recommend this if you're looking for a vitamin for hair and nails. Opt for the ones specifically designed for your hair and nails. Also, these do not have a great taste so I recommend getting them down quickly and with something with a little more flavor than water. They are also a little chalky for me.

Great product for growing teenagers

from SalemNY

Comments about One A Day Teen Advantage:

I started taking One a Day Teen Advantage multivitamins when I was 15 years old. My doctor actually recommended taking these, not this specific brand, because I was very active in sports and not very good at eating as healthy as I should have been. They were packed with all the vitamins and nutrients that I should have been getting from my diet but wasn't. I had somewhat acne prone skin before taking these and it seems that all I needed was to consume vitamins my body needed to have clear skin. They also seemed to help my hair and nails grow in stronger and thicker. I remember these were always on sale for buy one get one free so my mom would stock up on them. I took them up until I was 18-19 years old and then switched to an adult equivalent. The years that I took these seemed to help my focus, health of my body and condition of my skin, nails and hair. When my child gets to be the age when I started needing supplemented nutrition, this is the bramd I will stick by.

Great Vitamin For My Teen

Comments about One A Day Teen Advantage:

One A Day Teen Advantage is a great vitamin for my teenage son. My son is sixteen years old and plays football along with a few other sports. He is always on the go with work and sports, so he occasionally skips meals. I decided that I would find a vitamin that would provide needed nutritional value. It's hard to find a good vitamin that is aimed just for teenagers. Most of the vitamins on the market today are either for grown adults or smaller children. That's why I was impressed to find One A Day Teen Advantage. The vitamin doesn't have a strong odor or taste to it. Also, the vitamin isn't a really large pill like most others. My son doesn't mind taking the vitamin and says that it makes him feel great. I really like that I can find the vitamin at my local pharmacy and that it is very reasonably priced. I feel that One A Day Teen Advantage is a great vitamin for my teen and would definitely recommend One A Day Teen Advantage to any parent with teenagers.

ILovedIt

Comments about One A Day Teen Advantage:

I think this is a great source of energy for your child when they are in sport, etc. I used them for my son and he stated that he had more energy. I think they work especially when you are not able to provide the nutrients that they need. Groceries are very expensive these day. My son did not seem so lethargic after he took them, he had plenty of energy to complete the task he need to for that day. I would recommend this for teens who are not able to get the nutrients they need. My son stated that they were easy to swallow, but as with anything you should not take it on an empty stomach. He said the pill never made him sick as long as he ate and there was no funny after taste once it was take. I think that can be one of the most discouraging thing for a child, a bad after taste. The coating made it easier to go down and did not feel like it was stuck, you know like some other vitamins you buy.

Great choice for teen girls

Comments about One A Day Teen Advantage:

I started buying One A Day Teen Advantage for our teenage daugther a few years ago. Teen Advantage for Her is a complete multivitamin that is designed specifically for teenage girls. They have key ingredients such as vitamins A, C, & E to help with their skin and immune systems. They contain Vitamins A, C, Copper and zinc to help promote healthier looking skin, Vitamins C, E, and BetaCarotenes to build up immunity, and Calcium, Vitamin D and Magnesium to help strengthen their bones. They also contain Vitamins B6, B12, Niacin and Riboflavin to help increase their physical energy. These vitamins help them by converting food into energy. We noticed a dramatic change in her overall health once she began to take these on a regular daily basis. She is a lot less susceptible to colds and illnesses that are passed around among the kids at her high school. She also has more energy throughtout the day. Definately a great choice of multivitamin for teen girls.

Great for those from 12 to 19.

from Liberty, KY

Comments about One A Day Teen Advantage:

While us adults in the family prefer to pick and choose specific vitamins for our nutritional needs, these multivitamins are perfect for our teenagers. They are formulated specifically for the younger generation and for specific sexes, so that their growing needs are well met.

After taking these for a few weeks our daughter told us that she seemed to have more energy and her teenage acne began clearing up. Our sons told us that they were playing better at sports. So hopefully this is a sign that the vitamins are working.

The pills aren't too big and are easy to take with a meal.
The kids report that their urine is not fluorescent or as bright in color as ours is in the morning each day, so more of the nutrients are being absorbed by our teenagers. Regardless, the children feel great for taking them, and as parents we{re happy that they{re getting the extra nutrients and vitamins they may need in a diet that is not so good all the time.

Great for On the Go!

Comments about One A Day Teen Advantage:

I purchased One A Day Teen Advantage for my then 15 year old son, who ate a lot of junk food. As a matter of fact, he had developed a Dr. Pepper diet. This meant that the only thing I could count on him consuming, was Dr. Pepper.He usually ate pizza, burgers, or chips and fries. Believe me, this wasn't what I fixed for dinner, or made for breakfast. It was a battle to get him to eat healthy food, and he just found a way to eat junk throughout the day.

Needless to say, I really needed to make sure that he got some kind of nutritional supplement, to make sure that he had some chance at survival, let alone proper growth or health.

My friend recommended that I try One A Day Teen Advantage Vitamins for Him. It did give him some extra nutrition. The best thing about it is that it is so easy to add to a meal. It takes virtually no time, and no preparation to take. Simply swallow it with a glass of water, and take it with a meal. It doesn't get much simpler than that.

Not the most appealing to teens

Comments about One A Day Teen Advantage:

This vitamin is good. It has all the vitamins and minerals a teen could need to stay healthy. The only problem is a lot of teens are not exactly fond of pills. They are quite large to swallow. To improve this product I would suggest making the pills smaller or making them into another form such as a chew able vitamin or a gummy. It would be much more appealing that way and easier to swallow. Other than that I would say this product is good for teens. It has Vitamins A and C, Copper, and Iron for healthy skin. (Which is what most teens would want) It has Vitamins C and E, Beta-Carotene, Selenium, Zinc, and iron to support a healthy immune system. Vitamins B6, B12, Thiamin, Riboflavin, and Niacin to help provide energy. For bone strength it has calcium, Vitamin D, Magnesium, Zinc, Vitamin K, Copper, and Manganese. Those are only a few of the vitamins and minerals this multivitamin contains and the benefits it provides.

Overall

Comments about One A Day Teen Advantage:

I've been taking this multivitamin for a few weeks now, as I was constantly feeling exhausted and lightheaded.The first time I ever took it i took it in the morning, and I felt really bad after. I had an upset stomach and felt like I was going to throw up. I had to lay down for a while to feel better. Now, I take them in the afternoon around dinner time, and I haven't had a problem. My suggestion is to try it later in the day..don't take it in the morning. My doctor sent me for blood tests, but they didn't tell us anything. I figured I'd give it a shot, as I thought I might be low on iron and these had one hundred percent of the daily recommended value. Whenever you take any kind of medication, including a vitamin, you should take it with food. I take mine with my dinner, so I always remember to take it and I know I put a good amount of food in my belly. I haven't had any problems with nausea, upset stomach, or vomiting. I feel like I am lightheaded less often and not as tired, as well. I really haven't been taking them all that long to tell you if they really do help clear your skin up, but that is not why I am taking them. Don't worry about getting sick from the vitamin. It's all in your head; if you think you're going to fell sick, then you will. Plenty of people take the vitamins and feel fine. I read the reviews too, and was a little skeptical before I started taking them. But, like I said, I haven't had any problems with them. Additionally, I know the one reviewer who complained about feeling sick was cutting the pill up to swallow it. Of course you're going to feel upset if you do that! The insides of the pill will dissolve on your tongue! YUCK!!!

Helped With My Acne!

Comments about One A Day Teen Advantage:

My mom purchased these vitamins for me when I was in high school. In addition to the internal benefits of this daily vitamin, it also helped with my acne. I suffered from mild acne, and after just a few days of taking these vitamins, my acne improved! I took these vitamins for year, and noticed the overall change in my appearance, energy, and mood. This is a great brand of vitamins. I used to see the commercial all the time, and think I should have been a spokesperson! I think all the nutrients, and health benefits of this vitamin really help with the adolescent growth stage. The makers of this vitamin know what vitamins a growing teenager needs, and I'm forever grateful to this brand, for helping improve the quality of my skin, just by taking a daily vitamin. I, also, like One A Day Teen Advantage is gender specified, and has appropriate supplements to maintain good heath.