Other Facial Moisturizers:
Olay

Pros

Cons

Olay Moisturizer with Sunscreen

My hairdresser likes to sell natural products, and she sells a wide variety of AVEDA products. Since I am a long time customer, she generally gives me a discount, which is really nice since Aveda is more expensive than other brands I've used.

I am fair skinned, and although I tan fairly easily I also have sensitive skin. A lot of facial moisturizers irritate my skin, turn it red, make it blotchy, or the fragrance really bothers me. When I see a product designed for sensitive skin, it gets my attention.

The bottle contains 2.5 ounces and the cap is designed as a push pump dispenser, making it easy to dispense with only one hand. My criteria for a face lotion is that it not be greasy and that it absorb easily and quickly. Olay Moisturizer for Sensitive Skin does not disappoint in either of those categories.

One of the issues I have is a skin condition called Melasma, and sun exposure makes it worse, causing dark spots to form on my skin. My doctor said I need to use sunscreen every single day, even during the winter months. I don't go out nearly as often in the winter, so I can use a different sunscreen in October through March than I can April through September.

Moisturizes - Non-greasy formula with Vitamin E, Aloe, and Green Tea Extract replenishes moisture and absorbs quickly into skin. Light enough to wear every day.

This product moisturizes and has a SPF of 30. It is100% PABA free and has been dermatology tested. It works as both a facial moisturizer and gives me the sunscreen protection that I need.

Keeps my melasma in check during the winter months when I am not outside as much

Ease of Application
Pump style applicator makes it easy to apply. It goes on smoothly and easily, like a lotion, and absorbs quickly.

Not crazy about the scent, but that is probably due to the sunscreen ingredients added

I just started using this moisturizer!

So far, I don't know how to feel about it just yet. It's moisturizing, but feels like a thick paste on my skin. It states that it's for sensitive skin, but it feels a bit harsh. The price is a bit high for its performance. A lot of product comes I the bottle though. I like the spout.

I feel a temporary difference. The difference doesn't last long. I feel like it doesn't blend into my skin as well, because when I get sweaty I can feel it getting sticky which causes me to itch. Although it does help out my extremely dry skin a bit.

Ease of Application
Ofcourse it's easy just to rub onto my skin, but it doesn't melt into my skin fat or deep enough to nourish enough, but it still works. I'd rather maybe use a different one, that's more sensitive. I think if the product says for sensitive skin, it should remain sensitive because it feels a little thick and rough.

The scent is a little harsh that's why I feel like it may not be best for a facial moisturizer.

for all those with sensitive skin types

from Dallas,TX

Comments about Olay UV Moisturizer SPF 30 For Sensitive Skin:

I know at first glance you are probably thinking that it is a small sized bottle for the price you pay. Well, good things come on small packages. There are many great factors on this lotion. Oil of Olay is a great company. They really cater to your skin needs. They offer so much for all your skin types. This is great because it is suitable for those with sensitive skin like mine. I am always trying all different kinds of products for sensitive skin. it can't get better then this. It is affordable even though it may seem you are paying a bit for such a small bottle. It has SPF 30 so it protects you from the sun. It is tailored to those with sensitive skin. It does not make your skin oily, but also does not dry out the skin. One of the main issues I have with lotions that offer SPF is that they tend to feel pretty oily. this was not the case here. It goes on smooth without the oil. It is a brand that is trusted. It smells awesome. That is one of the things that makes Oil if Olay memorable, the scent of their products. It is like a soft, very sweet, yet subtle scent. You know it is Olay merely by the scent. I really do recommend you give this a try.

It moisturizes. It is great for sensitive skin because it is targeted specifically for those with sensitive skin. It has SPF 0 so it protects against sun damage. All of this in one moisturizer.

Ease of Application
I love the pump feature. It makes application very easy and you do not have to get it all over your hands.

There is no other scent like this one. It has a sweetness to it and yet so gentle.

• Ease of Application:

Great everyday moisturizer with sun protection

from Greensburg, PA

Comments about Olay UV Moisturizer SPF 30 For Sensitive Skin:

I will admit I have been a loyal user of Eucerin's Daily Moisturizer with SPF 30 for about three years. However, there are definitely times when I run out and have not been able to find it in stock in stores where I regularly shop. When that happens I have purchased and used Olay UV Moisturizer with SPF 30. I have been very pleased with this moisturizer and it does a great job of protecting my skin without irritating it. Most chemical sunscreens tend to irritate the sensitive skin around my eyes (not to mention just plain burning my eyes in general) and I have not experienced that at all with this Olay moisturizer. The pump applicator dispenses the appropriate amount of moisturizer for every day use. I let it dry for a few minutes before applying my makeup (typically a BB cream) on top of the moisturizer. The scent is normal - nothing over the top or lingering. It does a nice job of protecting and keeping my skin healthy - however, I would not use it for a day planned in the sun (at the beach, amusement park, etc) since it isn't strong enough to protect me from sunburn. However, for daily use for work or running errands it is perfect.

Very nice procuct

Comments about Olay UV Moisturizer SPF 30 For Sensitive Skin:

I like how it makes my skin feel and look without having to pay a lot. Why pay more for skin care than you have to. It does what it's supposed to and that is what matters.

It works really well.

Ease of Application
Easy to use and you don't need a lot for it to work.

I like the unscented one but have used the scented and it's a pleasant smelling product .

• Ease of Application:

Great sun protection, but a bit suffocating during the summer

from Westchester, IL

Comments about Olay UV Moisturizer SPF 30 For Sensitive Skin:

I only used Olay UV Moisturizer SPF 30 For Sensitive Skin last winter to help fight the harsh elements of Chicago and the results were very good. I would apply this moisturizer once a day in the morning and it would keep my face hydrated all day with very little shine. Even though it did feel a little heavy on my face, it didn't have any negative affects on my sensitive skin. My face during this period actually became extremely soft and smooth while using this moisturizer. I wanted to continue using this product after the winter, but I found the thickness of this moisturizer to be suffocating in warm weather. It also would take a very long time for this product to absorb into my skin, which was an issue no matter the climate, but I welcomed it during the winter months. The only real downside I found to Olay UV Moisturizer SPF 30 is that it was nearly twice the price of the SPF 15 version. I would definitely recommend this product for use during the winter.

Re hydrates dry skin.

from Elko, Nevada

Comments about Olay UV Moisturizer SPF 30 For Sensitive Skin:

I live in the desert and also have really sensitive skin, so with this I have found that if I do not constantly moisturize my skin that my skin will dry out and become very hard to get re-hydrated. I have always loved Olay products so when I needed something for my skin I bought this. I really like that it has sunscreen in it and that it has an SPF of 30, this is something that is a must when you live somewhere that the sun is almost always shining on you. This smells so good, it makes me want to use it every day. It is easy to use and I just put it on once in the morning before I apply my make up and I also put it on once at night after I have taken all of my make up off. It works very fast and my skin always absorbs it quickly. This has taken my skin to a whole new level of being moisturized. My skin is now so soft and also has a very nice and healthy glow to it. I have also noticed that my acne has gotten a lot better with my skin being healthier and that I also do not get super red in my cheeks like I used to when I would go out in the sun, it is preventing any sunburn and making my skin healthier overall.

from Hermiston, OR

Comments about Olay UV Moisturizer SPF 30 For Sensitive Skin:

I think this Olay UV Moisturizer SPF 30 for Sensitive Skin is a great every day moisturizer for a person with sensitive skin. Actually, it can be used for any skin. When I used it this moisturizer, I found it to be non-greasy and it didn't clog my pores. The lotion felt light and refreshing when I applied it to my skin. I like that it has an SPF 30 protection. I use it every morning in the summer months. I like that the lotion is fragrance free also. I did find the cost to be a little more expensive than other SPF 30 lotions, but not too far out of the average price range. I also noticed fewer fine lines which I can have trouble with especially in the summer months. Another little trick I did was to add the moisturizing lotion to my make up foundation. The two blend very well together. I then was able to apply the combination in one application instead of two like I would have had to do if I used them separately. I like the pump action on this bottle. It makes it easier to use for someone who might have challenges opening a regular bottle of lotion.

• Ease of Application:

Great moisturizer with added sun protection

Comments about Olay UV Moisturizer SPF 30 For Sensitive Skin:

This is another product that I looked into for the sun protection factor aka SPF benefits within the moisturizer. It is one of the rare few that don’t have that sunscreen sensation when applying it on my face and neck area. Its light weight so I don’t experience that heavy lotion impression on my skin and I only use the Olay UV Moisturizer SPF 30 For Sensitive Skin on days where I don’t need to or feel like putting make up on. What I like about this product is that it’s sold in two skin type ranges one for sensitive skin and one for normal skin types; I have always opted for the sensitive type bottle. The only complaint is that you can’t use the entire product that you paid for unless you cut the top off and apply the remainder on your face – which I can honestly say I have done in the past when I really needed it and couldn't go out to buy more. Just saying they could have used cap down bottles that allows gravity to gather the moisturizer lotion to the lid of the bottle, that is my only one complaint. Overall for a supermarket product its price range is pretty decent and the lotion itself is non-greasy, and that extra protection against sun damage is an added bonus. Recommend as a moisturizer to have at home.

Magic in a bottle!

from chicago Illinois

Comments about Olay UV Moisturizer SPF 30 For Sensitive Skin:

I am an avid user of any product made by Olay, have been for many, many years. This is quite possibly the best of the products they have on the market. I love that it goes on smooth and creamy like, but it is not sticky and does not leave a residue. I also like that I can go bare faced or put make up on top of it and it does not smear at all, and I have the added knowledge of knowing that my skin is protected when I am out in the sun.

This product has really improve the texture of my skin in a relatively short period of time since I began using it.

Ease of Application
A little squirt goes a long way. I like that the amount that comes out seems to be already measured. This is especially good because this is a product that you really don't need to over use or apply.

You have a choice of scented or non scented. I personally prefer the unscented version because I can do without the clash of difference scents in my beauty regime.

• Ease of Application:

This is gentle but doesn't really keep the moisture.

Comments about Olay UV Moisturizer SPF 30 For Sensitive Skin:

This is a decent moisturizer but I would recommend it only for people with very sensitive skin. It is very gentle so if you have very sensitive skin, this lotion will not irritate your skin. However, if you don't have sensitive skin, this doesn't really do much to your skin. I think the ingredients for a bit too gentle. After about an hour after applying this to the face, I felt like the lotion was all gone and didn't feel anything at all. My face got dry pretty quickly and needed to put something else on. But since it is sensitive, I didn't have any side effects.

This is not a very effective moisturizer for normal skinned people.

Ease of Application
This is very easy to apply and absorbs well initially. But once it is absorb, you feel like you skin is back to it's initial state before putting the lotion on.

I think the scent is decent. It has some scent of citrus but it is not very strong and does not last long after you apply the lotion.

Wonderful moisturizer

Comments about Olay UV Moisturizer SPF 30 For Sensitive Skin:

The Olay UV moisturizer for sensitive skin is wonderful! I love the fact that this particular moisturizer is 30 SPF keeping my skin protected from harmful sun rays and other potential damage the sun could do to my skin. I also have extremely sensitive skin so this is a wonderful facial moisturizer for me to use daily. I love the texture of this moisturizer it is smooth and creamy and not too thin or too thick! I also like this facial moisturizer because it's not too harsh on my sensitive skin so moisturizers make my skin red and puffy but this moisturizer needs me skin fresh and renewed. I also like that this particular product is not scented so it doesn't smell too strong.

An extremely effective moisturizer.

Ease of Application
This product is extremely easy to apply.

This moisturizer does smell pretty great. It does not really have a strong scent so it's perfect for my very sensitive skin. Sometimes scents make me break out but I never have that problem with this particular product.