Other Facial Cleansers & Scrubs:

Olay Sensitive Skin Foaming Face Wash

Pros

Cons

Olay Gives My Skin a Clean Slate

Olay Foaming Facial Cleanser is a soap-free facial wash that lathers as well as any soap. I think it's the perfect daily cleanser for all but the oiliest skin types. It gives my skin a clean slate before using my toner and moisturizer.

Once I've finished washing with Olay Foaming Facial Cleanser, my normal-to-oily skin feels clean, soft, and perfectly balanced.  My skin never ends up feeling stripped, nor do I feel any irritating residue. On the rare occasions that I wear heavier eye makeup, I use an eye makeup remover first and then follow with Olay Foaming wash with excellent results.

Ease of Application
The first thing I noticed when I opened the bottle of Olay cleanser is that the white liquid felt soft and luxurious.  Just a small amount mixed with water creates an abundant lather so I know this bottle is going to last awhile. Usually, soap-free cleansers don't lather up that well even when they claim to have foaming action, but Olay is the first brand I've used that really does.

I don't actually have sensitive skin, but I tend to only use facial washes that are gentle and non-irritating, which means they need to be fragrance-free. Olay doesn't add fragrance to the formula which makes this a gentle facial wash.

Not for my Sensitive Skin.

Me, being on the search recently for a new facial cleanser, decided to give Olay Foaming Facial Cleanser, Sensitive Skin a try. I had heard a lot of positive feedback from various friends and other sources, and I have always been fond of the Olay brand of products and entrusting them with my skincare.

I found it in the store, and immediately really liked the fact that the plastic bottle had a pump. This was important to me as not to have to clammer with a bar of soap and then lather up. The bottle had a simple design which was attractive to the eye too.

I got home and tried it that night in my shower. I used one full pump of the facial cleanser, and set about lathering it nicely in my hands and also cleansing my face. The product had a very strange smell (I cannot for the life of me place what it is- it was almost chemical). I rinsed the product off of my face and my face did NOT feel clean. The back of the bottle says it is effective for removing makeup as well, and this simply is not the fact with just one pump of product. So, I set about another round of product to cleanse my face. Again with the odd chemical smell, and a little bit of burning. I rinsed my face thoroughly, and my face still felt very dry even after I applied my moisturizer. I even got itchy red patches on my skin and a few zits- which I never get.

It is my experience that I would not recommend this product to someone with sensitive skin. Stick with a bar of gentle, moisturizing soap like Dove and steer clear of this product.

I love this product.

from Searcy, AR

About Me Budget Buyer

Pros

• Gentle
  • Moisturizing
  • Not Greasy

Cons

• Doesn't always remove all eye make up

• All Skin Types

Buy this product

I love this facial cleanser. Great cleanser without over drying.

from Campobello, SC

Comments about Olay Sensitive Skin Foaming Face Wash:

Gentle foaming cleanser without over drying. I love the feel of this cleanser.

I have been very pleased with this product. It provides gentle cleansing without overdrying my skin.

Ease of Application
Easy to use. I apply to my hand and mix with water and it lathers well.

Very mild scent.

Not clean enough for me

Comments about Olay Sensitive Skin Foaming Face Wash:

I bought this product because there was a sale and I needed a face wash. I used the whole bottle so as not to waste it, but it was not what I am looking for in a face wash.

Packaging: The bottle is nice and large, with a flip lid and a small pour hole. It is easy to get and use even when hands are wet or you cant see because your face is dripping wet.

Product: It was sufficient but nothing special. Very light scent, nice foaming action. But it was kindof thin and watery and I prefer a thicker, creamier face wash. It did not take off my makeup very well and did nothing special for my skin. I do not have a lot of zits, but sometimes get a few and this did not help clear. I did not feel like my skin was super clean after, although it was definitely cleaner.

Overall, I would say this is an adequate product. Maybe only buy if it is on sale or you have a coupon, otherwise try something with a bit more power to make skin feel extra clean.

Great face wash!

from Columbia, SC

Comments about Olay Sensitive Skin Foaming Face Wash:

Most facial products make my skin break out or too dry, but this is perfect for me. I'm 44 and my skin gets super-dry, even in the summer. I always say it's not fair to have to use zit creme & old-lady moisturizer at the same time, and with this cleanser, I don't have any breakouts! (I do use thick moisturizer, though.) I love this stuff!

Left an oily residue.

Comments about Olay Sensitive Skin Foaming Face Wash:

Olay Sensitive Skin Foaming Face Wash left an oily residue on my skin, which was somewhat difficult to get off even with another cleanser. I found it to be very heavy and creamy, which I thought would be a good thing since it might be less likely to dry my face out, but it went the other direction and was too oily for me. I actually ended up giving it to my husband to use when he had a sunburn, and he liked it well enough and used the entire bottle.

This was an effective product in that it got my skin clean, but it just made me feel greasy. I tried it a few times to make sure it wasn't just a weird skin day, but it did it every time.

Ease of Application
This product is very easy to apply. I like the shape of the bottle, and you can squeeze out just the right amount without overdoing it. It lathers fairly well, but not great. However, it doesn't feel like it rinses off all that well.

The scent is nice, as with most Olay products.

Doesn't dry my skin.

Comments about Olay Sensitive Skin Foaming Face Wash:

I use this face wash to remove make-up and to wash my face before going to bed. It does a good job of removing all my make-up. My favorite thing about it is that it does not dry my skin. I just use a small amount to clean my entire face and neck, so the tube will last a long time. I also like that it is easy to rinse off and doesn't leave any residue on my face. I do not have sensitive skin, so I don't know how well this formula works for those who do. It is PH-balanced which is important to me. It is also a very good price compared to other brands.

It removes my make-up and gets my skin clean without the drying effects of soap.

Ease of Application
It comes out of the tube easily and I like the foaming action.

I do not like having a scent on my face when I sleep at night, so this is the perfect face wash for me. It is pleasant upon application, and I don't notice any scent on my face after rinsing it off. It is the perfect face wash to use before bed.

• Ease of Application:

Light and delicate face wash

Comments about Olay Sensitive Skin Foaming Face Wash:

I love how the Olay sensitive skin foaming face wash is mild and great for my sensitive dry skin. It has a rich lather that is really gentle enough to cleanse away all the oils and dirt from my face. Its very light and delicate on my face. I love how its not heavy and doesn't leave my face feeling oily. My face is shine free and feels a lot better. It gets really foamy and its very gentle to my face. I never get any irritation from this face wash. It makes my face feel really clean and refreshed. I really like how its unscented so its not harsh to my face, it clears up any blemishes I get. My face always feels so much softer after and a lot smoother. My face isn't oily and I definitely noticed a huge difference in my skins texture. I don't get any breakouts or any acne. My skin just looks a lot radiant. I would recommend this to anybody with sensitive skin, its safe to use for everyday.

Removes Makeup, Dirt, and Oil Without Drying out Skin

from Des Moines, IA

Comments about Olay Sensitive Skin Foaming Face Wash:

I have really sensitive skin, even though that wasn't the reason I first tried this. I was given it by a friend who didn't like that it didn't work for her. From that first time trying it probably a decade ago now, I haven't switched away from it. It cleans my face better than anything else I've found, removes all my makeup (even eye makeup), doesn't hurt my eyes, and leaves my skin feeling smooth.

This product is much more effective than many other products, especially more expensive competing products, both makeup remover wipes and topical application like this product. One thing to note, however, is that I have combination skin that isn't too dry and isn't too oily, so I do not know how effective this product would be on any other skin types.

Ease of Application
I love that I can easily put this on my face, with one hand, with my eyes closed, in the shower if really needed. It doesn't get much easier than that.

This product doesn't really have a scent, which is lacking a little bit. It would feel much more refreshing to have a refreshing scent.

• Ease of Application:

Great face wash for sensitive skin.

from Pennsylvania

Comments about Olay Sensitive Skin Foaming Face Wash:

Olay Sensitive Skin Foaming Face Wash is a nice product. It is specially formulated for sensitive skin. I have used many products that were for sensitive skin but irritated and burned my skin. This product does not. It is oil-free and fragrance free. It is budget friendly and is made from a highly trusted skin care brand.

This is a basic cleanser for sensitive skin. It is not meant to treat any extra concerns you may have. If you want acne treatment, skin brightening, spot correcting, or wrinkle reducing effects, look elsewhere or add other products to your daily facial care routine. This product does clean effectively without any drying or other side effects. I think this is an effective and gentle facial cleanser.

Ease of Application
This product comes in a tube with a snap open and close top. It can be placed anywhere, wet or dry. A little product goes a long way. Remember to let any facial cleanser absorb into the skin by washing or letting on the skin for at least a minute and a half. Most people wash and rinse so quickly that anything that may be in the product to help the skin is never fully absorbed.

This is a fragrance free product and it does not really have a smell.

• Ease of Application:

Great for sensitive skin!

from Ann Arbor MI

Comments about Olay Sensitive Skin Foaming Face Wash:

I got this product mainly because my skin is really sensitive and other cleansers leave it feeling tight or dry. Unlike those, this leaves you feeling clean and soft, but also a bit shiny. Overall, this is a really good product for people with sensitive skin and I would recommend it, as it does it's job and it's fairly cheap.

It definitely cleans your face, which is what it's supposed to. I have combination skin, and it's not that great with controlling oil, but it's good when you have dry skin. Just make sure you apply lotion after, or your skin will dry out more.

Ease of Application
It's just like any other cleanser, so it's easy to use. The one thing I would suggest is putting it on in the shower, as it made a lot of big bubbles when I use it, and it often gets in my hair.

There are definitely better scents out there, but this doesn't smell bad. It smells like a cleaner, which it is, but I would prefer if it was scented more.