Other Facial Cleansers & Scrubs:

Burt's Bees Sensitive Facial Cleanser

Pros

Cons

• Ease of Application:

Burt's Bees Sensitive Facial Cleanser Cleans & Moisturizes!

Thanks to BzzAgent, I received a full-size bottle of Burt's Bees Natural Skin Solutions Sensitive Facial Cleanser with Cotton Extract. This wonderfully rich, soap-free cream cleanser soothes dry, irritated, tight-feeling skin. I have Atopic Dermatitis on my cheeks and suffer from red, overly-dry, chronically irritated skin on a regular basis. Finding a facial cleanser that not only cleans well, but will not strip essential moisture from skin is a must in my book. I really enjoy using the Burt's Bees Sensitive Facial Cleanser as it does not aggravate my skin, it cleans away dirt, oil and makeup without over drying or causing redness and irritation. I love that this product is natural – It contains Cotton Extract to Soften skin, Rice Extract to Moisturize and Aloe to Soothe... All of which are completely necessary for someone with super sensitive skin and an easily aggravated skin condition. Burt's Bees Sensitive Facial Cleanser is skin friendly for daily use. This product is Soap Free, Fragrance Free, Hypo-Allergenic, Non-Comedogenic, Allergy Tested and Dermatologist-Tested. After washing my face with the Sensitive Facial Cleanser, my skin is soft, moisturized and clean, never tight or dry. My cleansing routine follows with the Burt's Bees Natural Skin Solutions Sensitive Daily Moisturizing Cream; for nighttime, the Sensitive Night Cream. I was so impressed with the way this product worked, I purchased the entire set for my daughter who also suffers from Sensitive Skin and Dermatitis. Her skin looks wonderful and she hasn't had a single flare up since she started using the Burt's Bees Sensitive Skin line. I highly recommend this product to anyone that suffers from sensitive skin or for those with annoying skin conditions that require constant moisturizing. Also, on colder days when skin needs more moisture than the Daily Moisturizing Cream can provide, I use the Sensitive Night Cream during the day... Fantastic!

I like some aspects of Burt's Bees Sensitive Facial Cleanser.

I received this product in a full-size sample from BzzAgent in exchange for sharing my honest opinion of this cleanser with others, so here goes.

What I like about **Burt's Bees...Read complete review

What I like about **Burt's Bees Sensitive Facial Cleanser** is that it's made with 99% natural ingredients, is paraben-free and is not tested on animals. I don't have sensitive skin, so the fact that it's fragrance-free, hypo-allergenic and allergy-tested doesn't mean much to me, but if you have sensitive skin I'm sure that's great.

Since I don't have sensitive skin, I will review this product based on its facial cleansing abilities. This is a thin, creamy cleanser that does not foam or lather at all. If I liked the way this cleanser left my face feeling afterwards, I would have given it a higher rating, but I don't. It leaves my face feeling like I didn't wash it in the first place. I like my face to feel squeaky clean after I wash it, and this leaves my skin feeling oily/creamy like I just applied a moisturizer. I can usually tell if my face is clean by the way it feels, so it's weird using this product.

If you have dry, sensitive skin, I would definitely recommend **Burt's Bees Sensitive Facial Cleanser**. I personally don't like the way it leaves my skin feeling "unclean", so I would not buy it for myself.

I love that this is all natural and still effective.

from West Virginia

Comments about Burt's Bees Sensitive Facial Cleanser:

Burts Bees are a staple for anyone with sensitive skin like myself. I find that this stuff will leave my skin feeling soft, moisturized, and healthy when nothing else will. This cleanser is completely natural and there are no ingredients at all that I cannot pronounce or buy in my local grocery store. I love a great cleanser that does what it is suppose to, is all natural, and is budget friendly. This stuff really does the trick. The only thing I feel like this is missing is an exfoliate but they make other products to do that trick.

This cleanser is extremely effective. It's entirely natural and yet so powerful. I can have acne and notice it diminishes in just a few days while using this product. If I continue using Burts Bees, my skin stays clean and healthy. I feel like my face is soft, clean, and still has plenty of moisture after using this cleanser.

Ease of Application
This cleanser is so simple. It doesn't have soap or soap elements to it but a little water does the trick to get this stuff working. I apply a thin layer to my fingertips or face and then add water and do little circular motions to cleanse with.

I love the scent of this. I don't know if it's the cotton or the aloe or something else such as coconut that does it for me but the scents of this face wash come together to make a nice, soft scent that I can enjoy.

Great natural product

from Pittsburgh, PA USA

Comments about Burt's Bees Sensitive Facial Cleanser:

Overall, this is a great cleanser that provided a happy medium to the harsher cleaners that stripped my skin and the ones that were too gentle to be effective. It cleaned my face evenly and deeply without leaving my skin feeling parched or greasy. It was effective at removing make up and providing an overall general clean. The down side is that it does't do much for your skin when you have break outs and I needed another product to handle those issues. However, I noticed that as I contined use with the cleanser, the number of times I had a non hormonal breakout has reduced quite a bit.

This does provide a great overall cleanse of your skin. It leaves it feeling refreshed and removes makeup, dirt and other grime. It works well if you don't have any acne issues. But if you get an acne flair up, you'll need a stronger cleanser.

Ease of Application
Open the lid, squeeze and apply to a wet face. It doesn't get much easier then that! The product comes out easily and it is easy to control the amount that is disbursed.

Like most Burt's products, this has a very pleasant and not overwhelming scent.

Love Burt's Bees...

Comments about Burt's Bees Sensitive Facial Cleanser:

I absolutely love the Burt's Bees sensitive facial cleanser. This facial cleanser is soap-free as well as fragrance free so it's easy on your skin. It is hypoallergenic and is formulated with softening cotton, rice and yucca extracts as well as aloe to help moisturize your face. It removes dirt, oil and make-up with ease and does not cause redness or itching. I like the way it leaves my face feeling clean and refreshed. I also like that Burt's Bees sensitive facial cleanser is 99% Natural. This cleanser is easy to use, simply wet your face and apply the cleanser. Then massage the cleanser into the skin and rinse clean. This facial cleanser does not have the harsh smell that most facial cleanser have. I think it smells somewhat sweet. I have been very pleased with the effectiveness of the Burt's Bees sensitive facial cleanser and would definately recommend it to my friends and family.

Great for sensitive skin

from Wesley Chapel, FL

Comments about Burt's Bees Sensitive Facial Cleanser:

I have experienced acne breakouts and sensitive skin since I had my second daughter 2 years ago. I have tried so many different products to help control the acne and not cause added irritation and nothing really worked. I tried this cleanser since it is formulated to be for sensitive skin, and it really did help. My face felt so clean and it did not cause any irritation and redness that I was used to feeling after washing my face. I like the way this product lathers and really cleans deep in your pores without causing your face to break out. I could see a difference in my skin after using this product just a few times. I love the way my skin felt, it was very smooth and had a nice clean shine. I could tell that my acne was much better when I used this products and my skin would not break out as much.

This product really is great for anyone with sensitive skin.

Ease of Application
It is very easy to use. I simply rubbed it on my face until it had a nice lather and rinsed it off. It did not leave any residue behind.

This product does not have a scent, which I think is great for sensitive skin.

Burt's Bees Does It Again

Comments about Burt's Bees Sensitive Facial Cleanser:

I gave Burt's Bees Sensitive Facial Cleanser a 9 out of 10. This product is my favorite facial cleanser but it does not always do everything I need it to do. That is why I gave it a 9 out of 10.

The effectiveness is where my score is lower. While I love that this is a perfect cleanser for my sensitive face sometimes it does not get all of the makeup off of my face. The biggest problem is when I try to remove my mascara. This product does not always get all the mascara washed off my face but I love this product so much it is still worth it.

Ease of Application
The Burt's Bees Sensitive Facial Cleanser is so easy to use. My favorite thing about this product is that I do not have to use a lot of this product for it to make it work. In actuality you only have to use a little product. This is great for anyone on a budget because it last so long.

I love a fresh and clean scent and Burt's Bees Sensitive Facial Cleanser provides me with just that. It is such a calming scent. I like it because it is not like all the other strong cleansers.

• Ease of Application:

I personally do not like this face wash.

Comments about Burt's Bees Sensitive Facial Cleanser:

I don't think Burts Bees sensitive cleanser works that well. It does not lather and it does not get rid of the dirt on my skin and in my pores. It has a very thick, creamy and almost ointment like texture. It is also very hard to rinse off. The only way I was able to use it was to put it on a washcloth and scrub.

The cleanser did not rid my skin or pores of dirt or oils. I used a toner after washing with this and there was still a ton of dirt and grime on my face. I was not happy about it. I had to wash my face with something else.

Ease of Application
It goes on rather thick. Like I said above it almost has an ointment like texture. This face wash does not lather and does not rinse off easily.

Burt's Bees Sensitive cleanser does not really have a scent. The smell is really hard to describe but its very bland. It is for sensitive skin so I am not surprised. I find that most of Burt's Bees products though have a very strange smell.

The Only Cleanser I Can Use

Comments about Burt's Bees Sensitive Facial Cleanser:

I have had sensitive skin my entire life. My face has always been an extra-sensitive problem area. As a teenager I was able to use a popular menthol cold cream in a blue jar, but as I got older it dried my skin too much to use on a regular basis. Now I am in my early 40's and my skin is even more problematic than ever - redness, irritation, bumps - it seems like it just never ends. The Burt's Bees Sensitive Facial Cleanser is the only facial cleanser I can use right now. It is effective and does not irritate my skin. I wet my face, put a little cleanser on my fingertips, massage the cleanser into my wet skin with my wet fingertips, and remove with a warm wet washcloth. Sometimes I don't need any moisturizer afterwards but sometimes I do, so I follow it up with either the Burt's Bees Sensitive Moisturizing Cream for light moisturizing coverage, or Burt's Bees Sensitive Night Cream when I need a little extra coverage.

• Ease of Application:

Great product that does what it says!

Comments about Burt's Bees Sensitive Facial Cleanser:

I have used this product for more than two years and am extremely happy with it. I came to this having tried a number of other facial cleansers on the market, including those marketed for sensitive complexions, but I had a bad experience with most of these. I have combination/sensitive facial skin, and even cleansers that are supposed to be mild have caused redness and longterm irritation and abrasion. Burt's Bees sensitive cleanser is different. It has done what it says, and it has never disappointed. It is smooth and non-irritating. Prone to redness as my the area around my eyes and nose is, I've never had a bad reaction to this cleanser. It has a neutral scent--something that doesn't really matter to me, as I would prefer a little natural scent--but this is fine and it is completely soothing. Would definitely recommend this for anyone wanting a natural, non-abrasive facial cleanser.

great sensitive facial cleanser

from Harvard Il

Comments about Burt's Bees Sensitive Facial Cleanser:

I am so glad that I found Burt's Bees sensitive facial cleanser. I have acne prone skin that tends to get irritated and break out with certain cleansers and this cleanser really works. Having to use acne control medications tends to dry my skin out. This cream cleanser from Burt's Bees moisturizes my skin and makes it feel so clean without overly stripping it. My skin literally feels so soft afterwards. I had to get used to the fact that it doesn't really lather like other cleansers do, but that it's more like a cleansing lotion, thick and creamy. I like it even more every time I use it. It uses cotton extract to soften, rice extract to moisturize and aloe to soothe. Just wet your face beforehand apply the cream cleanser and then massage gently. I use my facial cleansing brush and then rinse clean. You will definitely see and feel the difference after just one use.

• Ease of Application:

Use this if you want soft skin!

Comments about Burt's Bees Sensitive Facial Cleanser:

This Burt's Bees product was so lovely. I used to use Noxema for my sensitive skin, but lately I've been looking for more natural products. This has the best smell to it, and is a rich cream. I felt so fresh and rejuvenated with it, and I haven't broken out once. I reccomend this product highly.