4.9

Pros

Cons

Great for picky dogs!

Comments about Nutro Natural Choice Small Bites Puppy Food:

I got a puppy a few months back and tried several brands of puppy food, but my dog just wouldn't eat them. I talked to a friend who recently had the same issue with her puppy and she recommend the Nutro Natural Choice Small Bites Puppy food to me. She mentioned the chicken, whole brown rice, and oatmeal flavor in particular. I tried it and my puppy ate it all! So, if you have a picky puppy I would definitely recommend giving this a try. It also has good ingredients, if you look at the ingredients list you will be able to read what is all inside of it.

Quality of Ingredients
This puppy food has great ingredients. If you read the ingredient list you will be able to read all of the ingredients, which is a great thing!

Flavor Selection
This brand has less of a flavor selection that other brands I've seen at the pet store, but my puppy loves the chicken, whole brown rice, and oatmeal kind so that is not a big problem for me!

One of my favorites

Comments about Nutro Natural Choice Small Bites Puppy Food:

I have purchased this dog food a number of times, despite the high price, and each time it always surprises me to see how much my dogs enjoy it. Now, I know that the disruption on the bag says that it is for puppies, but because my four dogs are small the size of the individual pieces are perfect for them, and the texture of the pieces are great because the aren't super hard so I do not have to worry about the dog food being to rough on their teeth. This isn't my regular dog food, but I do purchase it at least twice a year, as a special treat for my dogs.

Quality of Ingredients
As I previously said I love everything about this food, especially the ingredients. The ingredients make the food soft for them, and its enjoyable. My very favorite part of this food is that everything inside of the food is really good for my dogs!

Flavor Selection
As far as the flavor selection goes the dry food seems to be just the basic dog food flavor.

Great Nutro product!

from Davie, FL

Comments about Nutro Natural Choice Small Bites Puppy Food:

When my dog was a puppy, this was the only dog food that he would actually eat and enjoy. My family and I went through at least four different brands before finding this one for him. When we finally found this one, we knew that we made the right choice. Our puppy gobbled all of his food within just a couple of seconds! We had never seen him actually enjoy food like that before. It was a such a pleasant sight to see my puppy so happy over his food. This food is on the expensive side, but I still think it is worth every penny. I would recommend this for those who have puppies who are picky and/or have a sensitive stomach.

Quality of Ingredients
This dog food is the most nutritious food for puppies that I have come across. I can read the list of ingredients with ease, and that makes me feel comfortable feeding it to my puppy.

Flavor Selection
They have a few different flavors to choose from. However, my puppy always liked the chicken, whole brown rice, and oatmeal formula.

• Flavor Selection:

The price is high but it gave me peace of mind.

from West Virginia

Comments about Nutro Natural Choice Small Bites Puppy Food:

Nutro has some of the best reviews out there and we decided to try it for our little Dachshund that we adopted. He was small, even for his breed and had trouble chewing larger bits of food. We used several different types of small breed dog food but he always had trouble with bm's.

After I decided to spend a little extra and try this food, I was very happy with it. First off all, the ingredients are much better than most of the dry foods on the market at my local grocery. Second of all, the bits are small enough for him to be able to eat. He didn't pick through the bowl and only eat the tiny pieces like he usually does. He actually ate every morsel in his dish. And finally, his bowel movements improved significantly. I didn't have nearly as many issues with his digestive system. He could actually use the bathroom outside without having to either spend half an hour trying to go or having a liquid bm.

Quality of Ingredients
I find that the ingredients in this are much better than most at the supermarket. It's not full of ash and meals and other non-quality ingredients many companies fill their foods with. It has a lot of protein, even for the smaller breed.

Flavor Selection
My dog seemed to really like the food. He ate every bite. It's made small so small dogs don't have any issues eating it but he cleans his bowl every time so apparently the flavor is good.

• Flavor Selection:

Delicious, pups think they are given treats

from Pennsylvania

Comments about Nutro Natural Choice Small Bites Puppy Food:

This Nutro Puppy food is affordable and my pups love it! They are energetic and healthy and their coats are shiny and beautiful. They gobble this food up and I have to limit how much I leave out in their bowls (since they eat it all). It doesn't make a mess all over the floor, pellets are easy to pick or sweep up. The dogs think they are given treats and get excited when I put it in their bowl! I haven't ever seen my dogs so excited about pet food before.

Quality of Ingredients
It says it is made with high quality ingredients with vitamins, and my pups coats really do shine and they seem healthy. They are always energetic and in good spirits! I have been given compliments on behalf of the two dogs (both labs) and how beautiful there coats look. Labs are big eaters in general, but they seem to really love the ingredients in this pet food and gobble it all up. They are never sick from eating this food, which I have found they get sick when eating too much of other foods. This makes me think this is high quality pet food!

Flavor Selection
There isn't as much of a selection as other brands, but my pups seem to love it regardless.

Great For Puppies And For Treats For Smaller Dogs

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Nutro Natural Choice Small Bites Puppy Food:

When I started fostering my small breed dog I had no intention on falling head over heels in love with him and keeping him. I assumed he would be with me for a couple of months then find a forever-family. When it came time to start looking for a permanent home I couldn't let go. I started out with another dry puppy food and switched to Nutro Natural Choice after a friend from the dog park said that once she switched to this she had no problems with her small breed dog having loose bowel movements.

I got a bag and started to switch over his food a little bit each day until he was completely on the Natural Choice. If you like to feed your dog a mix of wet and dry food Nutro also makes a 3.5 ounce container of a wet food. I've tried that a few times but he only liked two of the flavors.

I wasn't dissatisfied with the first dry puppy food that I was feeding him but his bowel movements were looser than they should have been and he did have a couple of poop accidents in the house because of it. Once I switched him over to this his movements were firm but not hard to excrete; after that there were no more accidents in the house. He liked the Chicken & Brown Rice flavor the most but it is a little on the expensive side. You can get this in the four pound or eight pound bag at most of the larger pet food stores as well as online but you have to read the listings carefully to make sure you are getting the small breed puppy version.

Even though he is no longer considered a puppy I still get the four pound bags when they are on sale as a treat for him. I like to mix it in with some of the other dry foods that he eats on a daily basis as well as putting them inside his Mini KONG toy. In the summer he spends a lot of time outside trying to keep up with the big dogs and he ends up using up a lot of energy when he's running or playing catch so I add an extra quarter cup of this to his regular dry food so he's getting a little extra nutrition.

Good food but pricey

Comments about Nutro Natural Choice Small Bites Puppy Food:

This is really good dog food. If you are looking for some good dog food without a bunch of junk in it than this is it. You might even call this te organic version of dog food. I brought this for awhile for my beagle when he was a puppy and can't say anything bad. Woodstock loved it everytime sat some out in his bowl. The only drawback is that it is rather expensive and not everyone carries it however I have seen it in most of the pet stores I have been in but not many of the grocery stores. I you are buying on quality then this is for you but if you are buying on price than keep looking. That being said you definately get a lot of bang for your buck. It is definately one of the healthies dog foods out there and the maker backs it up with a money back guarantee according to what a rep I talked to in the pet store told me. I could be mistaken but I have never heard of any of the other makers of dog food comin through with a guarantee like that.

Puppy Food

Comments about Nutro Natural Choice Small Bites Puppy Food:

The best puppy food on the market today. This natural choice small bites puppy food, provides the nutrition and protein that your little puppy needs to grow big and strong. Our puppy loved this food, and was always excited when the food came out in the morning. The quality of ingredients was amazing, everything is top of the notch in quality, which provides essential nutrients/vitamins for your dogs growing lifestyle. The flavor selection is abundant as well. This puppy food is good for any type of dog, whether it be small, large or medium. It can also be used for a dog that has a sensitive stomach. We were extremely happy with this food, and would advise for other new puppy owners to use it as well. This food provides that best nutrients and vitamins in a dog food that is available on the market, in my opinion. I would absolutely choose this puppy food over any other brand.

Puppy love

Comments about Nutro Natural Choice Small Bites Puppy Food:

I love my new puppy! And he loves this dog food! I want my puppy to grow up to be a strong guard dog, and this food is preparing him and leading the way to a very long and healthy life. I have a small chocolate Labrador Retriever, who loves my kids. I am always taking him out for walks, so he needs the energy that comes from this dog food. I like how there is dog food specifically categorized for puppies and adult dogs. This makes sense because they have different eating habits and needs. The food comes in really small bites. Since my puppy is so puny now, he can barely fit bones in his mouth. I love my puppy, and I recommend that anyone who truly loves their puppy should get this product. I do not think this product would work for older dogs though, since the portions would probably be too small. They would probably be thinking, oh no, now I hate to eat baby food. I would also recommend keeping this away from children, since I myself once tried out a dog biscuit out of curiosity.

Another outstanding Nutro product

from Twelve Mile, IN

Comments about Nutro Natural Choice Small Bites Puppy Food:

When we picked up our new puppy about three months ago, our breeder recommended that we continue to feed her Nutro Natural Choice small bites puppy food. We did, and we are very happy with the results. She just loves the flavor. I like it because I know I am feeding her a high quality food with no by-products. It has been very easy to find in the store as our local farm store keeps it in stock. It does cost more than your average run of the mill puppy chow but I feel it has been very well worth it. My puppy is growing into a beautiful healthy dog. She has a beautiful coat and shiny healthy looking fur and healthy skin. Our veterinarian asked what we were feeding, after we told him, he said well she looks amazing so keep doing what you are doing!