Other Digital Cameras:

Nikon - Coolpix S4000 Digital Camera

Pros

Cons

the coolpix s4000 digital camera made by nikon takes the best

I am a 44 yr old single mother living on a fixed income. I have two boys of my own. One is 10 years old and he is very active. I like to take pictures to share with friends and family of the achievements and the activities he is involved in. Like when he rode his first wheely on his bike. His wheely was only 2 inches off the groud and he would of told you it was straight up in the air. It was one of his proudest moments and i was glad tha i had my coolpix s4000 digital camera with me. I purchased it as a mothers day gift for myself for the sole purpose of captureing moments like this and being able to share it with everyong whether it be printing it off at the local shopping center or downloading it on my computer to send via email to friends and family. At he time i bought this camera, i was trying to keep an eye on the prices. My friend has a digital camera and she let me use it when my grandson was born and i was very dissappointed in the time relay of snapping the shot and when the camera actually captured the pic. You never knew what the picture was gonna be. The person you were taking the picture of could have had a perfect pose and by the time the camera caught the pose the object had already moved and the picture never turned out to be what i wanted or what i expected it to be. So when i was shopping for a camera that what i first looked at. The coolpix s4000 captured the picture at the moment i wanted. Then the coolpix s4000 is so easy to use. There arent alot of settings that you have to go through for a great looking photo. When i first got the camera i set the settings and i havent had to change one of them and i still get the greatest looking picture. I like the idea of the usb cord hooking rite into the wall charger to the camera. There was only two cords that i have to keep track of. The cool looking case that came with it is the right size to carry in my purse. Not to mention i love the color of the camera and the case. My camera came with a stylist so i can write on the picture or i can add a graphic onto the pictue its self. My computer at home has the right programs on it to be able to burn off the cd of my pics instead of taking it to the nearest department store and paying high prices to have it done for me. I am also able to organize the pictures before i burn the cd. , and that helps when im looking for acertain picture. I know where it is at and i can usually go straight to it and make a copy of it. Another feature i like about my camera is the blink warning. My best friend always mangaes to have her eyes closed in every picture i have of her. With my new camera it takes the picture after she has already blinked and i have only pics of her with her eyes open now., The price at the time i bought the coolpix was a lil more than i wanted to pay at the time but i went ahead and got it and im totally satisfied with it. Im not sorry i bought it.. Its the best camera on the market as far as im concerned.  I love My Coolpix s4000,

Cool camera but pictures are often blurry

I received the Nikon Coolpix S4000 digital camera as a Christmas present.  It is the PERFECT size and the touch screen is really cool.  The problem with it is trying to take a decent "snap shot".  It took over twenty photos for me to get the first good photo.  It may sound like operator error but I actually am a freelance photographer and own a Canon DSLR and can take really good pictures.

The Coolpix has to be held COMPLETELY STILL to take a photo without blurring it.  I have arthritis and fibromyalgia and can't hold it that still.  I never realized how hard it was to hold a camera still because my DSLR never blurred anything.

I can't recommend this camera to anyone with arthritis or tendonitis or even carpal tunnel.  Anyone who has trouble holding their hand steady will have the same problem with blurring pictures.

There is no problem at all if you use a tripod, even if it is the small tabletop tripod.  If you can hold your hand really steady, there shouldn't be a problem.  I just can't hold it that still.  I've had to sit it on the counter or whatever is in front of me in order to take a decent photo with it.

The video portion works great.  It is a handy, easy to use feature of this camera.  With a decent memory card installed, you can capture a large amount of video on this device.

I love having the touchscreen on this camera.  It makes it very easy to use.  It is a slim designed camera and fits in your purse or pocket very easily.  It is the perfect size and is light weight and convenient.

Nikon are the best!

from Florida

About Me Photo Enthusiast

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Good Image Quality
  • Good Image Stabilization
  • Good in Low Light
  • Great Zoom
  • Large Clear LCD
  • Nice Body Color
  • Small / Compact

Cons

• Lag / Shutter Delay

• Family Photos
  • Indoors/Low Light
  • Landscape/Scenery
  • Sports/Action
  • Travel
  • Weddings/Events

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix S4000 Digital Camera:

I bought this Nikon coolpix camera a couple of months ago to replace one that I had dropped and broke. I have a D-SLR camera made by Nikon that I have had for awhile and love it.

I didn't even have to look at the other brands before buying this camera. I've used other brands and nothing compares to the quality of Nikon. The only thing I don't like about it, is sometimes the shutter speed lags. Other than that I have no complaints.

My favorite things about this camera is the different settings. There are Ron's of different settings, from lighting settings to different tones and hues for you to choose from when taking pictures. It also takes video but I've only used it a couple of times.

Another big plus for this camera is the fact that it's sturdy. I unfortunately have the habit of dropping things like my phone and camera, so I'm glad that this camera holds up to my drops.

Nikon is a great brand, with that being said the price tag does match the quality. It's more of an investment but it's one well worth made. The picture quality is great.

I love my Nikon cool pix and so will you!

• Was this a gift?:

A Great Little Camera

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix S4000 Digital Camera:

I love this camera for so many reasons. It looks great, it's compact and it takes great looking pictures all for a pretty reasonable price.

Image Quality
The pictures this camera takes are fantastic. They are very professional looking. You don't get those annoying red eye pictures and there isn't any glare. For the price you'll pay for this camera, it's tough to find a better one.

You get pretty good battery life with this camera. I have had lots of other digital cameras and some of them eat up battery life fast. This camera has given me far more life out of my batteries and in the long run that will save you a lot of money.

It's so easy to use this camera. I took it out of the box and was taking pictures within a few minutes. It's pretty similar to other digital cameras, so I had no problems and neither will anyone else who buys this great camera.

This camera is very durable. I stick it in my pocket while I'm traveling and it still looks great and works great.

Battery Life
Better battery life than most other digital cameras.

Portability
Fits easily into a pocket or a purse.

Branded

from NA

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix S4000 Digital Camera:

I purchased this Nikon - Coolpix S4000 Digital Camera after I saw the advertisement in a daily magazine and the features were the highlights which made me purchase this digital camera. It was the first time I chose to buy a Nikon brand and before making a final decision, I read the description and reviews on the online websites and the nikon website as well. The camera has a 12 megapixel camera which is not too good enough when other brand offer 15 mega pixels but other features such as electronic VR image stabilization which minimizes the effect of camera shake, EXPEED image processing which delivers pictures with high quality and color, HD movie recording, subject tracking to count a few of them made me purchase this product. The price of this product is very reasonable and I have taken numerous pictures with this camera till date.

I take pictures and save it in my PC as the internal memory of this product is only 45 MB which lets me save very few pictures and in case of videos, I can barely save 1-2 videos in the camera and hence I need to save the videos on an external memory chip.

• Portability:

Great pictures but difficult to navigate

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix S4000 Digital Camera:

I found navigating around the camera with the instructions supplied not as easy as I would have liked. Directions will tell one how to do something without an explanation as to why you should do it or why you may need to do it.

Image Quality
Very good quality pictures

I have never had any performance problems. Once I figured out how to do what I wanted to, the camera worked just fine

Not user friendly as far as I was concerned. I would have liked a simpler camera. This camera requires a lot of scrolling through various functions and setting up. The old fashioned SLR cameras were worlds easier

I have dropped this camera more that once and had no issues. I have never gotten it wet so cannot say about this but as far and knocks, drops and bumps it has held up perfectly

Battery Life
Battery seems to last well. I use batteries made for cameras and other electronics so this may be the reason

Portability
Very good. I mean it will fit in the pocket of my jeans. Doesn't get much more portable than that. If you have a back pack, purse or jacket this camera will easily fit into them. You can wear it around your neck or attach it to a belt loop as well.

• Portability:

great quality pics and video

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix S4000 Digital Camera:

I love Nikon because every camera I've had from them have all been of good quality. I don't even own photoshop because my Nikon cams take good pics and the cds that come with them make tweaking pictures easy if u have to. I currently have this one over a year now and have had no problems. I have dropped it a few times (never bought a case for it) and everythings still works superbly, just a few scratches on the outside though. Before I suggested my sister getting this for me for Christmas I read some reviews on it. Many people said their battery died quickly and when they recharged it and put the battery back in the camera it worked a short time and then the battery completely stopped taking the charge. This has never happened to me and I've had mine over a year, during which time I have only charged the battery TWICE. I decided to always remove the battery when I am not taking photos (for fear of having it stop working from previous reviews) and I guess this is why I haven't had the problems others have had. The touch screen is an added bonus. A MUST BUY!!

Great camera so far

from North Wilkesboro, NC

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix S4000 Digital Camera:

We recently got this camera I actually think ours is an s4300 model. This camera has so many features. It has a 6x zoom with a 3 inch LCD touch screen. This camera is easy to use and the photos turn out great. We really like that we can edit the image on the screen. So far we have had no issues with this camera. I actually bought this camera for my husband whose HP camera recently stopped working. I knew that whatever camera I got him would have to be equally as good if not better than the HP he had and as it turns out he really enjoys taking pictures with the Nikon. He will now just take random shots and they turn out so nice looking. I am glad he likes it so good and I’m also happy that we have a camera that allows us to capture great images to save those special memories forever.

• Portability:

Good enough for the casual photographer

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix S4000 Digital Camera:

I am no professional when it comes to cameras and photography, but I'm very pleases with this camera. The pictures come out very clear and the colors are vivid. It also has several different settings too choose from which works for all photo taking ooccasions

Great camera

from Logan, UT

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix S4000 Digital Camera:

Bought this camera 2 years ago to replace an aging camera. Has a touchscreen viewfinder so you can easily browse photos and take new ones. Also has a video option. I don't know much about photo taking, I'm more of a "point and click" kind of person. We have great photos and it's pretty easy to use. There are a lot of features to it that I don't know about or don't use. I could probably read the manual and learn but I just want to be able to take photos of my kids for memory purposes.

• Portability:

A Picture is Worth 1000 Words With This Camera!

from Colusa, CA

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix S4000 Digital Camera:

This camera was an AMAZING upgrade to my Kodak easyshare. I love the touchscreen of this camera you use to scroll through pictures, menus, options, etc. It makes me feel super high tech :) This camera has a large clear highly detailed screen, but is slim and fits well anywhere. I have two small children so I've always got my nikon with me to pull out and snap pictures. The best part about this camera is that it has a rechargable camera that you just charge right into your computer or wall as you would a cell phone or mp3 player. This is a huge plus for me. Being a huge picture-taking-fanatic, I was going through batteries like crazy! This is the antidote to killing our environment with all the batteries we are throwing into the landfills! I really love this camera! I got the last one in the store and refused to settle for anything else because it was love at first flash. hehe. If this is in the running for a new camera for your picture taking needs, I highly recommend it!

Easy to use camera for a decent price.

from Mount Vernon, IL

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix S4000 Digital Camera:

I purchased the Nikon Coolpix S4000 to replace my previous digital camera that was about 5 years old. The S4000 offers 12 megapixel images and a pretty neat touch screen display. I purchased the champagne silver color and am really happy with it. I think it looks more expensive and sleek than that other colors the camera is offered in. One thing that really sold me on this camera is that it says it has image stabilization. With my old camrea every shot I took was blurry or fuzzy looking. It could have been that the camrea was only 7 megapixels or it could just be that I can't hold still. So far I've had really good luck with the pictures on my Nikon. The only issue I have with them is that sometimes that lighting looks off. The colors look different than those that you see in person which is sort of a hassle. I really haven't taken a ton of pictures with this camera yet so hopefully that was just the room lighting and not a normal issue for this camera,