Other Digital Cameras:

from Las Vegas, NV

Pros

Cons

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix P90 Digital Camera:

Nikon P90 Coolpix camera is a good camera, looks like a professional photographers camera, has tons of features, has great zoom lens, but has a horrible battery life! Don't expect to take this camera out for the day and not run out of juice on the battery. It doesnt last long at all. If you choose to use the video camera feature on this digital camera, the battery dies even faster. There are tons of cool features plus huge photos can be printed out without going blurry, great megapixel size. It is a 12.1 mp and has a tilting screen so that you can take pictures that you cant see exactly straight on, just point and tilt and shoot! Has pop up flash that is built in and lens cover that can be attached with a cord or taken off and stored away. Not heavy to hold in hand and has strap and case that you can buy to go with it. Comes with software and cables to hook up to computer too. You can also add more memory with memory cards bought at store. I suggest buying an extra battery if you do have or are thinking about buying this camera! Focus on it takes a bit to do, but for the most part, excellent photos are to be had when using this camera!

Great camera for beginners!

from Kirksville, MO

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix P90 Digital Camera:

The Nikon Coolpix S90 digital camera is such a great camera for someone who wants their camera to do more than the regular point-and-shoot.  It is in between the point-and-shoot and the DSLR type cameras. You have the options to change many of the settings such as aperture and shutter speed.  However, if you do not know how to use those settings, you can just use the regular 'auto' setting.  The camera also has many different scene type settings, which can all come in really handy.  The zoom on this camera is outstanding.  I was amazed how far out I could zoom and still have it be clear and in focus!

The one thing I will say is bad about this camera is that when you take pictures indoors, they sometimes turn out real fuzzy and unfocused. It took me a while to get it right and figure out the settings for that.

Bottom line: buy this camera. It really is a great, reliable camera to have around.

Great quality pictures, easy to use camera

from Wilson, NC

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix P90 Digital Camera:

I just bought this camera and was surprised when I received it. It resembles a DSRL, but it is also a lot more compact and easy to use. It has 12.1 mp, resulting in awesome quality pictures. A 24x zoom, with Vibration Reduction that allows to get great pictures from a distance. Reading the manual is obviously a requisite, since this camera has many settings that can be adjusted depending on the type of picture desired. Great landscape pictures, and portraits as well. Many variations of lighting to play with. Overall, great camera for an incredible price. If you just want a point and shoot camera, this is not the one you are looking for. But if you would like to learn to use a DSRL camera, this is definately a great begginers camera.

This takes wonderful photographs and is easy to use.

from Saint Charles, MO

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix P90 Digital Camera:

I LOVE THIS CAMERA WITH MY WHOLE HEART!!!! It is a fantastic camera. I am not the best of photographers yet but, this is a great tool for me to work up the ladder. It is a sturdy camera,it's lens is great, the zoom is awesome, the pictures are wonderful, and you do not have to be a genius to use it. If you aren't into the whole manual focus thing then you don't have to put it on that setting. It's a camera that is friendly to even the people who aren't savy with technology. I take this camera everywhere with me and it's lithium battery is very durable and has a long life. They are also affordable to purchase a second one. The camera comes with software and a rechargeable battery. The manual that the camera comes with is also very handy. What I love about the camera is it really captures the colors of the subject being photographed. It's very, very sturdy and I just can't say enough good things about this camera!

A great inbetween camera!

from Hamilton, OH

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix P90 Digital Camera:

Having a small pocket size Pentax and a full size SLR, I needed something that took good pictures, had a great zoom, versatile, and could be snuck into concerts and shows.  I waited for the P-90 having looked at the Canon IS and the Nikon P-80.  The P90 was everything I was looking for.  I was even able to put it in my shorts at Riverbend in Cincinnati because they would only let shirt pocket size cameras in which is BS, because some of these smaller cameras have 12x zooms in them now. The P90 24x zoom can get a face shot from 200 yards with no problem as long as you have enought light but that would be a problem with any superzoom model you would buy. The built in flash works decent, again this is designed for a point and shoot situation and good for about 12-15 feet. This camera only has a vga quality video but not too bad.  The new P100 has full 1080P video and a 26x zoom for the same price of my camera from last year, but that is the way of technology.

Nikon Coolpix P90 is a great camera even for beginners!

from Camp Douglas, WI

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix P90 Digital Camera:

We purchased this camera in February and have not regretted it!  It takes wonderful pictures and even video which is great with our son's sports!  It even tells you (on the screen) if someone blinks so that you can retake the picture!  We are still learning  how to use all of the features but for general pictures there is a setting so you don't mess it up.  Also there is a panorama setting so that you can take a series of pictures to put together (haven't used it yet). I have used the slow motion setting and that is great for sports activities!  All in all a great camera!

Awesome camera!

from Stanford, KY

Pros

Cons

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix P90 Digital Camera:

We bought this camera 18 months ago and absolutely love it!  We have 3 kids under 8 so we take lots of pictures of children and family.  The zoom is great - allowing us to take close up pictures of the kids even when they are way back in the yard.  I have gotten some great face shots when they didn't know I was taking pictures because I am able to be so far away.

The one draw back on the camera is that the inside shots sometimes look kind of yellow on the viewer.  Once I put them on the computer, they look fine.  But its hard to tell whether I got a good picture sometimes on the indoor shots until I upload them.

One nice feature is that the lens cover is attached by a small string.  This makes it impossible to lose.  One of the earlier cameras had a detachable lens cover but it was not attached.  Great upgrade.

There is also video and audio record options.  I have been able to record audio that we uploaded then transferrred to a cd.  Great feature!