Other Digital Cameras:

Nikon - Coolpix S6000 Digital Camera

Pros

Cons

Great Little Digital

I have owned this since May 2010.   The RED camera looks cool.

I have owned this since May 2010.   The RED camera looks cool.

The camera is compact enough to fit in my purse.   I purchased the case separately.  I recommend purchasing the camera with case, it is less costly.  The case is definitely worth having to keep the camera and lens safe.

The view screen is a good size but does fingerprint easily.

The flash location could be better placed, you need to be careful not to hold your fingers over it.

Overall, it has many settings.  It is easy to operate, especially should be good for those that read the directions.  I, personally, haven't spent much time reading instructions.  I just play with the various settings and test as I go.   I especially like the automatic and panoramic modes.

The software installes quickly and the program is easy to use.  I am experiencing some difficulty emailing photos as the software connects up to Microsoft Outlook which is not my primary email.  I cannot locate instructions as to how to set this to other email programs.  I need to get a computer techie to help me with this.

I have not used the HD movie function yet, cannot review this mode.

Overall this is excellent for the inexperienced photographer.  Small, lightweight and easy to have on hand for those Nikon moments.

It was nice the one time I used it

I bought a Nikon Coolpix camera when they first came out, I was so excited for it. I heard they were really nice and worth the money. I'm not a photographer, but I am that guy at parties who wants everyone to get together and have a cute picture for Facebook. I was led to believe the Coolpix was perfect for this!

And it was, the week that I got to use it before it mysteriously died. I don't have a history of breaking things, I'm very careful with my toys, and definitely don't throw money away. After using this camera for a few days, I put it in its case and had it in a drawer where I keep my other camera, mp3 player, and spare cell phone. A few weeks later I came back to it (I keep these gadgets in a locked drawer) and the camera wouldn't work. I charged it, tried to turn it on, and the screen was all white. I took it to a professional photographer friend of mine, and she said it was fried and "these things happen with lower end cameras".

Thanks, nikon!

Good for basic pitcure taking

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix S6000 Digital Camera:

This camera has it quirks but it doesn't take the quality of pictures I was hoping.

I have a problem with my camera freezing and when it does this the only way I have found to fix it is to take the battery out and put it back in, but once you do that you loose the pictures you have just taken.

It's never been dropped, and its always in a case if it is not in use. So my is doing good so far.

Portability
I always have it in its case and in my purse.

Excellent camera

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix S6000 Digital Camera:

My daughter got a Nikon CoolPix S6300 digital camera for Christmas. This thing is amazing. It's easy enough for a child to use. Yet it has so many features. First of all the picture quality is amazing. It has a panoramic photo feature that is super simple to use and looks great. It also has face recognition and smile recognition features. It's easy to edit and download pictures. It seems very durable which is huge if you are buying it for a child. She chose red for hers. We've had colored cameras before and the color seemed to scratch off the surface. I don't think this one will do that. The biggest problem I can see with this camera is not letting my husband "borrow" it permanently from our daughter!!

LOVE it!

from Jamul, CA

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix S6000 Digital Camera:

this camera works great, we wanted a new camera & liked this one and i've never had any real problems with it. it works wonderfully! having a toddler, its also been dropped quite a few times and it is still working just as good as the day i bought it. only thing i've ever had to do is clean the lense alot

i actually had to sit and read the directions figure out how to use it before i could get started

Good for a Beginner

from Silver Spring, MD

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix S6000 Digital Camera:

Overall this camera is oK. I bought it because I was in need of a new camera. I had wanted a Nikon for a long time, but I think this was the wrong one to get. My biggest problem with it, is that taking pictures on auto-mode is not very effective.

Image Quality
If you put the setting geared to the type of pictures you are taking. If you are taking pictures of people, put it on the portrait setting.

Takes pictures quickly and the battery life is good.

you have to change the settings everytime you take a picture.

I had it in my pocket and the lens cover was destroyed. Nothing else was in my pocket with it.

Battery Life
I take pictures everyday and only have to charge the camera about every week and a half.

Portability
Very easy to carry

• Portability:

Coolpix S6000 is a Great Budget Camera!

from Chesterland, OH

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix S6000 Digital Camera:

The Coolpix S6000 is an extremely small camera. The S6000 sports 14.2 megapixels, 7X optical zoom, and 720p High Definition video recording, all in a small sleek design. The S6000 features multiple difference features and functions that can add a fun twist to your photos. The scene mode gives you options that will give you the best possible results depending on your location. The scene available are; Portrait, Landscape, Night Portrait, Party/indoor, Beach/snow, sunset, Dusk/dawn, Night Landscape, Close-up, Food, Museum, Fireworks show, Copy, Backlight, and Panorama assist. The S6000 can also take pictures in multiple different resolutions, 14mp (4320x3240), 8mp (3264x2448), 5mp (2592x1944), 3mp (2048x1536), PC (1024x768), VGA (9640x480), and 16:9 (4224x2376). Your options for video recording are 720p (1280x720), VGA (640x480), and lastly QVGA (320x240). Overall the Coolpix S600 is a great little camera that is easy to use, and takes outstanding pictures, and 720p HD videos!

compact easy to use

from Newark, DE

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix S6000 Digital Camera:

Love Nikon camer what is a good feature you can charge battery while it is in camera great feature

would recommebt this to any one. Easy to hold take great photos. A firend gave me one in red cool and smart looking even came with camer case. Did but 16 GB SD card for it since I enjoy taking photos of my grand kids

Must have for all ages.

It was nice the one time I used it

from Richmond, VA

Thanks, nikon!

Nikon is Amazing.

from El Paso, TX

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix S6000 Digital Camera:

Being honest, I was impressed by this camera when Ashton Kutcher came on tv and promoted it. 'Coolpix' was a name I was bound to remember. A year later I wanted a camera for my birthday and I didn't want to get a very expensive one, yet. Since this was going to be my first camera, I wanted something durable and up to date. Now, Nikon is a company one can trust since they have been in this business for a while now. I came across this camera at a store and loved it. With 14.2 megapixels the images are increcibly clean and clear. It can zoom 7 times! Not only does it zoom that much in still pictures, it has the capacity to zoom while shooting a video, an attribute some cameras do not have. When I compared it to a camera that my friend owns, I fell in love with the Nikon S6000 even more. Besides the quality of the images, the number of features this camera has is also commendable. It has 16 types of views for various environments. My favorite is the: Food :) Also, this camera starts really really fast and closes just as fast. So, you don't have to wait hours to take a picture.

Nikon CoolPix is the camera to have!

from Bradenton, FL

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix S6000 Digital Camera:

I got the Nikon Coolpix S6000 Digital Camera for my birthday after my old digital camera stopped working, and i was very excited to try it after seeing many commercials for it. It is very light and the perfect size to fit comfortably in your hands. I love that I can fit it in my pocket if I don't carry a bag with me, or I have my kids around and I need to put it away for a minute. It has 14.2 mega-pixels which is great for this size camera. The quality of pictures is perfect, I have yet to make a bad picture. It also has video feature which is amazing quality as well. This camera has some many other features for specific shots, I have yet to try them all, but having the options is great. The only downside it that it does not have an eye viewer and in sun light it is very hard to be able to see what you are taking a picture of. Overall, compared to other cameras I've had, this is definetly the best one.

The bomb for just over a benjamin!

from Upland, CA

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix S6000 Digital Camera:

Just got the s6000, out of the box it works flawlessly. Almost every feature has it's own button, but the unit isn't overcrowded with buttons. Probably what I like best is how fast it goes from fully off to ready to shoot, felt like about a second! Sometimes you just have to pull the camera out and shoot, this one is reasy as soon as you are. Also has an easy to find record button, which immediately puts it into video record mode. 720P and 14 megapixels give you all the quality you could need, the local wharehouse store had them for one thirty including case, and 4gig memory card, just charge it the day you buy it and you are good to go. I plan to go camping and see how long the battery lasts, but it seems that it charges via micro usb so if you carry the cord around you can likely sip power from any computer, or even one of those duracell battery recharger gadgets that charge cell phones could work in a pinch. I haven't tested large picture quality yet, but out of the box this thing is a champ.