Other Digital Cameras:
Point-and-Shoot Digital Cameras
Nikon
Nikon - Coolpix S1000 Digital Camera

Nikon - Coolpix S1000 Digital Camera

The Nikon Coolpix with projector capability is awesome!

from Ontario, CA

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix S1000 Digital Camera:

I saw a commercial for this Nikon Coolpix camera and knew I just had to have it. After purchasing my camera, of course I brought it out with me to every single occassion. After taking a group photo, I would show off my camera by projecting the picture right away on a wall, floor, somebody's t-shirt, etc. You can do this with the push of a button, no need to connect to a computer or anything else. Needless to say, my Nikon Coolpix camera is always the hit of the show. People are amazed that it is able to project the pictures right away, pretty much on any flat surface, and the projected picture is amazingly clear. Whenever I got out in big groups, people always ask to use my camera and show it off to others that haven't seen it yet. It is such a crowd pleaser and is so entertaining to everyone to use. Even though I agree with other reviewers that the quality of the digital pictures is not the best, it is good enough for someone who is not trying to take professional pictures. I would highly recommend this camera to anybody that just loves to take a lot of amateur pictures of friends and family members...you won't regret it!

Nikon S1000PJ is a great concept...just not a great camera

from Austin, TX

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix S1000 Digital Camera:

The Nikon S1000pj is a great concept for a camera, but does not function well for a camera. The projector projects a very clear image, and the image can be rather large, but the camera itself does not take the best pictures. It takes a while to focus on some pictures, and the flash typically overexposes the subjects severely. The video is fair, and fun to watch on the projector, but is not HD and not the best VGA quality. The camera itself has a solid, metal body, and is very compact for how much power it really has. For 349, it is a very overpriced camera, but I myself got it from amazon for 149, which I found fairly reasonable. I ended up getting rid of mine, just because the image quality was average at best. The camera does not work well at high ISO, and the pictures overall were just not very crisp and below satisfactory. The projector also worked well at parties when you want to show people your pictures....it does it's job as being a social camera, but not one that is good for taking quality pictures.

new & innovative camera

from West Chester, OH

Comments about Nikon - Coolpix S1000 Digital Camera:

I think this is world's first compact camera with a built-in projector, it offers an exciting way to share your photos or movie clips without the need to connect to a TV or computer. Extremely simple to operate, you only need to touch a button to project your favorites onto any flat surface: be it the wall for a presentation or the ceiling for a bedtime story. Combined with a slim body that offers superb portability and a host of automatic functions that make it easy to take superb images, sharing your stories with family and friends wherever you go was never more fun. The COOLPIX S1000pj - a groundbreaking way to share your moments.I bought this camera 3 months back and I feel its really amazing,to have both the camera and projector built together.the picture quality is extremely good and adjustable between 12mp or 8mp,i would recommend it to all of you.