Other Facial Cleansers & Scrubs:

Neutrogena Transparent Facial Cleansing Bar

Pros

Cons

• Ease of Application:

neutrogena is the only soap i recommend for soft and smooth and

I have used just about every kind of soap for bathing that has been created .Everytime I hear of a new kind that describes soft nondry skin I run and get it.They unfortunately never work.I end up feeling like the alligators they show on tv in those lotion ads.All the soap ads swear you,ll feel soft as a baby,s bottom,and I just could never get out of the shower without feeling as if i were being stuck all over or like my skin would just start cracking the first time i moved .But I have to say one time i was looking for bath soap and i had already found some to try when I walked past a shelf that had these bars of soap that was clear and it was called neutrogena.And too, it wasn't as expensive as what I had in my hand. Well I bought it mainly because it was clear and I liked that about it .The first time I tried it I was ,well i was hooked!And surprisingly so was my husband, he actually commented about how it didn't dry his skin and it rinsed off so well.It really did do what was said about it.Another thing i like about it , it lasts longer than other bars of soap.Its almost like rubbing lotion on your body.Also it doesn't have a strong soap smell.I know some people may believe if you can't smell a persons soap thier not clean but I dont believe thatI think you should be able to smell a persons perfume or a mans shaving lotion instead of a monopoly of smells. Its way too overpowering for me to have a persons fragrances slamming into each other so you feel like falling over backwards.Im talking a lot about bath soap but all neutrogena products are all equal in thier ability to do what is required of them.So If you want  to feel soft and feminine or if your a man and you want your girl to smell that sexy aftershave try neutrogena!

Ehhhhhh mehhhhh errhhmmm

I can't stomach the idea of putting bar soap on my face. Please. Don't make me do it. Haven't you read all of those articles that talk about the bacteria that grows on bar soap??? Ahhhhh!!! Ok, fine. I'll try it. It's so convenient right? And cheap? Just a bar... A bar... Ok, let's do it.

First off, I will applaud the convenience of using bar soap on your face. Bing bam boom, you're lathered up. And it's so soapy and clean feeling. Maybe this is not such a bad thing after all. Until I had to put this soap back down in my shower. Is that surface clean? This bar is going to touch it! And then touch my face again! Ok, I need to stop.

My face definitely felt really clean after using this face wash. Realllllly clean. Like, squeaky clean. I looked in the mirror, and my face even looked clean. My makeup was totally gone, and my face had a nice shine to it. But not, like, oily shine... perhaps a shine of dryness. Because in about 5 minutes, I couldn't move my face. Talking felt like it was stretching my skin in every direction. And then... about an hour later... I was so oily I wanted to wash my face again! But I dared not.. I know that oily skin can be a result of over-drying.

Sooooo, after a few days of use, the dryness went away, but I broke out. Mehhh-sad-face. So whether it was the bacteria that grows on the soap... the soap itself.. The drying..... This soap didn't work for me. Which I was fine with. I'll go back for my face wash in a container of some sorts that seems more sanitary to me.

That Neutrogena clean medicine smell.

Great for all skin types

Comments about Neutrogena Transparent Facial Cleansing Bar:

My husband and I have been using this facial cleansing bar soap for a few years now. It is great for all skin types. There is no fragrance, so if you have sensitive skin it will be great for you. I have oily skin and I think it works well for my skin type. I feel my skin had not been as oily since I have been using it. I also like using this product because I sometime will get a little acne pop up here and there and it works good for cleansing your skin well enough to help clear the acne problem spots. It is a very good price for facial bar soap too. I would highly recommend this product to anyone with any skin type that is looking for a great facial cleanser.

I think this product is very effective. I have oily skin and a little acne sometimes and it works great to help with both problems.

Very easy to use.

There is no scent to this facial cleansing bar soap which is great, especially for those who have sensitive skin.

No Scent

Comments about Neutrogena Transparent Facial Cleansing Bar:

The Neutrogena Transparent Facial Cleaning Bar is a very effective way to control greasy skin and acne. My dermatologist recommended this for me as a solution to my acne problem. I was pretty skeptical at first, but after a week of use I noticed a huge difference. No a year later, there is no signs of acne. One of my favorite things about his product is that it does not leave your face feeling oily, and it is virtually scent free. This is huge if you have a sensitive nose.
The only drawback I have is that it is a bar based product, which makes it hard to store it out of the way so guests aren't using it as bar soap for their hands.
Overall it's a very effective product, that you should try if you have a sensitive nose or skin.

For me it was very effective. It cleaned up my acne problem within a month of daily use.

Ease of Application
Easy to use, just wish it was in bottle form as opposed to bar form.

No scent. This is great if you are sensitive to smells.

Good cleansing bar

from NA

Comments about Neutrogena Transparent Facial Cleansing Bar:

I love the Neutrogena Transparent Facial Cleansing Bar as it is very soothing on the skin and the soap bar looks elegant and it lathers well. the bar has a pleasant smell which makes the entire bathroom smell pleasant and after having bath, I feel like I have just gone to the spa and my whole body feels relaxed and my skin feels soft and smooth. It helps in cleaning and washing off all the dirt, sweat and dust from the body, thus leaving it dry and making the body feel refreshed and relaxed. It removes all the makeup from the face unlike other bars which require me to wash and scrub my face for repeated times and still few marks remain on the face.

The product is packaged very well in a white and black box and the price is just perfect. I purchased this cleansing bar for the first time last year and I had bought the entire pack of Neutrogena products which contained this product along with an acne-prone skin product and both worked well with my skin. It helps in removing the excess oil from the face thus reducing the chances of having pimples on the face.

Not good for my face.

from Elko, Nevada

Comments about Neutrogena Transparent Facial Cleansing Bar:

Someone raved about how much better a cleansing bar worked on their face then the regular face wash that was in a bottle so I grabbed one to give it a shot. I quickly found out why this would not be the right soap for me and how harsh it was compared to the liquid soaps that are available in the bottles. I got this out and used it and I instantly noticed that it smelled really strong and overpowering. This dried out my face so bad, my skin began to have splotchy spots all over it and was pealing like crazy after i used this. I had to moisturizes a lot more than normal for the week that I was using this and it still made my face feel rough and dry. My skin was a lot less healthy after using this for the time that I did, it made me break out worse and my skin looked very uneven and the color was so red in certain areas and made me look like I was really hot. My skin ended up being far worse off after using this and it did not add anything to my skin except for a couple of weeks to get it back to normal.

• Ease of Application:

Neutrogena Transparent Facial Cleansing Bar a decent cleanser.

from Canton, OH

Comments about Neutrogena Transparent Facial Cleansing Bar:

Neutrogena Transparent Facial Cleansing Bar is one of the first. If not the first facial products that I remember purchasing as a young teen. I had some issues with acne. Nothing major. And I was looking for something to correct it. Because in the world of a teen one little break out is a major issue. It works well enough. No bells and whistles. Just a good basic cleanser. It did seem to slightly dry my skin. Not a lot, but it did dry my skin a little. I'm not sure why. Maybe my skin is a little more on the sensitive side than I realized. Overall it is a decent facial cleanser. The price isn't bad and it's available everywhere.

Neutrogena Transparent Facial Cleansing Bar is effective enough. It does what it says. It cleanses the face. It doesn't do anything above and beyond that to me. It doesn't leave my skin extra soft or smooth. It just cleanses.

Ease of Application
Neutrogena Transparent Facial Cleansing Bar is easy to use. Just use as you would any bar soap. It lathers nicely and rinses away well.

Neutrogena Transparent Facial Cleansing Bar doesn't have a particularly nice scent. I don't care much for it. It smells a little medicinal in my opinion. Not necessarily a bad thing. I just am not a fan of it. I prefer a very light, fresh scent.

Neutrogena facial bar

Comments about Neutrogena Transparent Facial Cleansing Bar:

I did not like this facial soap from Neutrogena all that much and I usually love their products. It said it was good for acne prone skin so I bought it thinking it might help my face look better. First off it was hard to work into a decent lather so I could wash my face with it and I had to rinse it off for several minutes. My skin did feel softer after using it but it didn't feel as clean as I feel it should have. Also the soap got really slimy after sitting in the soap dish after using it. I also saw no improvement in my acne pimples.

This might be a better facial soap for normal skin, mine tends to be a bit oily in the t-zone and super dry in the cheeks. For me this soap just didn't work out well.

Ease of Application
It was a little hard getting enough of a lather to apply to my skin. Also I had to rinse off my face a lot more than I am used to to get it all off.

I really did not notice much of a scent. Maybe a really light medicine type scent to it.

• Ease of Application:

been using since I was a teenager !

from MA

Comments about Neutrogena Transparent Facial Cleansing Bar:

This Neutrogena facial bar soap has been around for decades and for good reason - it is a quality brand that delivers !
When I was a teenager , I used this for my sensitive skin that was oily and prone to breakouts . It is a very gentle bar soap with glycerin which softens skin and it has no dyes or chemicals or other harsh additives like many other bar soaps .

It is transparent and very square shaped and lathers well and rinses even easier ! It can be used in the shower for the entire body but it is particularly gentle as a facial cleanser for all skin types .
Now that I am older and no longer suffering from blemishes , this is STILL a quality soap that I keep on hand . The gyclerin softens my thinner , dryer skin now and it really cleans well. My skin glows after using this soap- I do not use it daily because I often want a product that delivers a little more moisture , but I use it at least once a week to really deep clean my face - my skin feels firmer after using and it is not at all harsh .
If you like soap that really smells like flowers , etc, this is not for you - it has little scent because it is pure - no perfumes or dyes -excellent for sensitive skin or those who need hypo-allergenic soaps.

A Good, Simple Product

from Grand Rapids, MN

Comments about Neutrogena Transparent Facial Cleansing Bar:

Neutrogena's Transparent Facial Cleansing Bar is a good, simple, basic product. It does not try to be fancy, and by taking away a lot of frills and hype I think that makes it more effective. I had a difficult time finding a product that our teenaged boys would use. They felt that most other cleansers, especially those not in a bar shape, were too feminine. To them, the Neutrogena Cleansing Bar is just a bar of soap.

It is a moderately effective product, not too drying. Good for everyday use.

Ease of Application
Like any bar of soap, the Neutrogena Transparent Cleansing Bar can seem a little messy. Obviously, if you are showering you can just rub the bar of soap over your body, or use a washcloth or a scrub pad. It rinses off pretty easily too. If using just on your face and in the sink, you would need a nice soap dish for storage. Being a bar of soap makes it not as portable to bring to the gym as a foam or gel that comes in a bottle with a cap.

There is not too much scent to the Neutrogena cleansing Bar. It just simply smells like soap and leaves you smelling clean.

• Ease of Application:

A great Neutrogena product!

from Pennsylvania

Comments about Neutrogena Transparent Facial Cleansing Bar:

Neutrogena is a well known and trusted brand for skin care. I have used and loved many of their products over the years. I typically don't use bar soaps and cleansing bars but I love to try new things and decided to give the Neutrogena Transparent Facial Cleansing Bar a try. This is so simple yet so effective. It is gentle with minimal additives and chemicals. It is also dye free which is great for sensitive skin. Some Neutrogena products can be pricey but this is within my budget and I can often find coupons to lower the cost even more.

This make my skin feel so soft, refreshed, and clean. It rinses well with no residues left behind. It did an excellent job of removing the dirt, oil, and other stuff that accumulates on my skin everyday. I like that I don't have to worry about it irritating or burning my skin and causing more problems in the long run.

Ease of Application
This is not as convenient as a liquid cleanser but using it is a nice experience. You can apply directly with your hands or use with a washcloth for extra exfoliation and cleaning power.

This is scent free which is great for sensitive skin.

Love the Soap but melts Too Quickly

from Wrightstown NJ

Comments about Neutrogena Transparent Facial Cleansing Bar:

I love the Neutrogena products line and the one item I have been using for years it the Neutrogena Transparent Facial Bar. I used it in high school and am still using it today some 40 years later. You know that since it has been around so long there has to be a good reason why. This soap is great for your face. It lathers up well and cleans your face till it is glowing. Itis gentle but I have found if I use it more that once a day my skin will feel dry but for once a day it works for me. This soap is more expensive that others but it does work and would work on all skin types. The only problem I have found with it is that if you leave it in your shower stall or bathtub it will dissolve away quickly so it is beat to remove it and put it somewhere to dry on a soapdish otherwise it will only last about three days. It has a nice scent, clean and not overpowering. Your face feels super clean after washing !