3.8

Pros

Cons

Useless, useless, useless.

Comments about Neutrogena Deep Clean Long-Last Shine Control Cleanser/Mask:

I only purchased this product because of it's strong advertised selling point: gets rid of oily skin. Seeing how good the reviews are here, I wonder how many people really have OILY skin. As someone who has acne-prone skin and extremely oily skin (using clean&clear's blotting sheets, I can fill up the whole sheet during the summer + more!), I think I am in the position to judge the product efficiently.

This does absolutely nothing for my oily skin during the summer. I was in doubt that any product can suppress oil production for a few hours, but I went for it anyway.. and regretted. The harsh beads supposedly exfoliates my skin, but it really just irritates me more and probably increases oil production.

Save the money and purchase a few mud masks or a natural cleanser that is less harsh!

Falsed to keep it's advertised selling point. My oily skin stayed oily! And I had such high hopes

Ease of Application
It is a tubing that you squeeze out. Nothing difficult about it.

Too strong for me. The strong scent combined with the harsh exfoliating and hot summer heat makes me shiver just thinking back.

• Ease of Application:

Doubles as a cleanser and a mask

Comments about Neutrogena Deep Clean Long-Last Shine Control Cleanser/Mask:

I purchased this product because I love this brand and because I am on a tight budget. Therefore, I was really excited to see something that could double as a mask and cleanser. As a cleanser, it worked really well to get my face clean. I have oily skin and this cleanser was able to keep my breakouts under control. It also kept my face from looking shiny during the day. It kept my skin looking soft as well. As a mask, it worked well to soak deeply in my skin and remove dead skin cells. Overall, this product did great things for my skin and I would definitely recommend trying it.

It was effective as a cleanser and a mask for me. It really worked out the dead skin cells when I used it as a mask. As a cleanser, it kept my skin really soft and smooth.

Ease of Application
It was very easy to use. As a cleanser, you apply it to your face and wash it off quickly. For the mask, you let it dry on your face for an extended period of time.

The scent is fine. It does not have a strong scent to it at all.

• Ease of Application:

Neutrogena Makes a Great Cleanser and Mask.

from Blackwell, OK

Comments about Neutrogena Deep Clean Long-Last Shine Control Cleanser/Mask:

This is a nice mask, and also a good choice for a facial soap if you have oily or combination skin. I have combination skin and this soap works well on the oily parts of my face, without being too excessively dry to the dry patches on my face. It also gives you a deep down clean to control acne and cleans your face well enough to prevent new pimples from forming. It definitely controls shine as well. I have used it as a facial mask, usually keeping it on until it dries (about five minutes), than I rinse it off. It's better to use a washrag if you use it as a mask, as it ensures it all comes off more easily.

This is an excellent soap to help control acne, keep it from spreading, or prevent it from appearing, period! I usually apply this as a mask about one to two times a week. I usually like to use the masks that peel off, but this makes a great mask as well. It's ingredients to a great job about killing bacteria to prevent acne before it forms.

Ease of Application
This is easy to use. To use it as a cleanser, squirt a small dime size drop in your hand, add a small amount of water, lather and scrub your face. I don't use it as a mask very often, but it's easy to apply and should be scrubbed off with the use of a washrag.

It has a nice scent as well.

Not good

Comments about Neutrogena Deep Clean Long-Last Shine Control Cleanser/Mask:

This product didn't deeply cleanse my face at all. I used this product during the summer, when my skin gets especially oily and acne prone, and I expected for this cleanser to solve at least some parts of my facial concerns. This cleanser did absolutely nothing for me. It didn't give me shine free skin, it didn't absorb any oil at all, it didn't clean my skin right down to the pore, and it caused me to have a horrible breakout. I definitely do not recommend this product. It was only detrimental for me, and I will never ever buy this product again.

This product wasn't a good cleanser or mask. It did absolutely nothing for me. It didn't absorb any of the excess oil on my face, it didn't give me shine free skin like it advertised, it didn't give me deeply-cleansed skin. I can't stress enough how useless and ineffective this product was for me. I am pretty sure that this was the product that triggered a breakout for me. This is just a bad product.

Ease of Application
This product has a strange, grainy texture that doesn't exfoliate.

This product has a oily, medication like scent.

• Ease of Application:

Love the way this product feels and the way I feel afterwards

from West Virginia

Comments about Neutrogena Deep Clean Long-Last Shine Control Cleanser/Mask:

When I first got this, I didn't realize it said cleanser and mask so as I opened it up and began to try to lather it, I was a little disappointed. I didn't think it was working very well until I actually realized it said cleanser/mask. I was still a little bummed out because I didn't mean to try something that was a mask...

Boy did my opinion change quickly! This cleanser/mask made a world of difference. It smelled more like a mask than a cleanser and it went on more like a mask as well. It isn't super thick but it's pretty creamy and goes on feeling a little like a wet clay mask.

It really penetrated deep into my skin and make it feel super soft and supple. I used it all over my face, neck, and chest and was amazed at just how nice it felt afterwards. It did a good job cleaning the dirt off of my face and chest and even removing my makeup but doesn't do much for eye makeup and mascara.

It left my skin feeling great. I felt soft and clean. Also, I noticed it took the shininess out of my face and it didn't leave me feeling dry. My skin had a glow to it. I have been guilty of using it three or four days in a row before without any harsh reaction on my skin.

It doesn't help my blackheads much but my T-zone felt very soft and seemed like it was opened up more to be able to be exfoliated out with another product and/or pore strips.

Definitely recommend giving this one a try.

Did a great job as a mask and softener. Less effective as a makeup remover but overall decent cleanser.

Ease of Application
A little different as it lathers but layers like a mask at the same time. Easy to apply though. I massaged with my fingertips.

Not much smell here. Smells a bit like clay but suitable smelling for guys and girls.

The Best Cleanser Ever!

from Egg Harbor Township, NJ

Comments about Neutrogena Deep Clean Long-Last Shine Control Cleanser/Mask:

As an individual who struggles with mild acne, it was always difficult for me to find the brand with the perfect fit. Most other brands I've tried, which include: Olay, Clearasil, and Biore, have not worked for me as well as Neutrogena Deep Clean Long-Last Shine Control Cleanser/Mask has. Not only does it give me a fresh, light sensation after usage, but it also gives me an oil-free complexion that lasts longer than the other brands I have tried. In addition to having a pleasant smell as opposed to most facial cleansers, the advantage that this cleanser has to other Neutrogena products is that it can be used as a mask too! Not only can I use it was a facial cleanser, but I can use it as a facial mask when I see fit. The fact that it can be used as a mask makes it all the more effective because I believe masks help reduce pores and cleans the dirt and oil skin-deep more efficiently. Overall, this facial cleanser has produced the most outstanding results for my acne and skin type.

Neutrogena Deep Clean Control Cleanser Mask works good

from Memphis, TN

Comments about Neutrogena Deep Clean Long-Last Shine Control Cleanser/Mask:

This product is a good thing because it makes your face feel good like it is breathing. I like how it cleans the face and all the dirt that is on the face. I do not have oily skin so it works for me and I have no problem with this product at all. When I first got this product I really enjoyed it this made me feel like I was getting a facial. I am not sure what the benefits form this product gong to be until I have tried it out for awhile and when I do then I will come back and post about it again. It really does get my face clean and I like that and I can tell how my face glows after I finish using it. My sister and cousin are using this same product and they are seeing a difference in their skin since they have been using it and they have used it longer than I have. I can not wait to see how much it can do to my face in order to improve my complexion. I have noticed that my skin is radient looking and it always feel fresh.

Neutrogena Deep Clean Shine Control Cleanser/Mask Feels Great!

from Grand Blanc, MI

Comments about Neutrogena Deep Clean Long-Last Shine Control Cleanser/Mask:

Neutrogena Deep Clean Long-Last Shine Control Cleanser/Mask is a new product that I was excited to try.

I have incredibly oily skin and have always been on the lookout for products to help me out. I use oil control foundation, oil control pressed powder, oil free moisturizer, and oil free cleanser. I heard about Neutrogena's new oil control cleaser/mask and wanted to try it.

This is a really nice product. It comes in an attractive tube. The cleanser itself is a pretty light blue color, smells great and is a little abrasive which is great for cleaning out pores. This stuff feels great on my oily, acne prone skin. It washes all that oil away and my skin is left feeling smooth, oil free and also not over-dry.

This product can be used as a mask or a cleanser. I use it as a cleanser everyday, and use it as a mask a couple days a week.

Sadly my skin didn't stay oil-free all day, but it did stay dry for a couple hours, which is longer than other products I have tried.