3.7

Pros

Cons

Neutrogena astringent

Comments about Neutrogena Clear Pore Oil Controlling Astringent:

Boy does this astringent really dry out the skin! I was breaking out really bad from stress and I love most products from Neutrogena so I bought this to add to my routine. I used it at night the first time and my skin was so dry when I woke up. When I first applied it, it made my skin feel all tingly which made me think it was working. I did not rinse off and maybe I should have, that might have helped the dryness I experienced or it might just be a really strong astringent. My skin is not overly oily, this astringent would probably work better on skin types like that.

This really dried my skin out. I could not continue to use long enough to know how effective it would be at helping clear up acne or oily skin.

Ease of Application
I put a small amount on a cotton ball and gently rubbed all over my face. You don't have to rinse off so as long as you have a cotton ball or even some toilet paper application is very easy.

Pretty Good Astringent

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Neutrogena Clear Pore Oil Controlling Astringent:

This Neutrogena Clear Pore Oil Controlling Astringent is a pretty good astringent. It does remove excess oil from my face each time I use it. I won't say it is great at controlling the oil on my face, but it does add benefit after cleaning my face. This astringent is a bit pricier than other astringents. However, I would still recommend it to others.

Overall, this is a pretty effective astringent in terms of cleaning and removing excess oil. I don't, however, think it helps control any oil on my face throughout the day. I've got very oily skin so I am constantly looking for something to help me control the oil.

Ease of Application
The Neutrogena Clear Pore Oil Controlling Astringent is pretty easy to apply. I prefer to use a cotton ball to apply my astringent and it helps to keep it mess free.

Very fragrant smelling astringent. It has a medicated fragrance and leaves your skin smelling clean when you apply it after a fresh face wash.

• Ease of Application:

Very good for drying up pimples

Comments about Neutrogena Clear Pore Oil Controlling Astringent:

I really like the refreshing feeling this toner has on your clean skin. It is invigorating and makes your skin feel even cleaner. Plus, you can actually see remnants of oil and or makeup on the cotton ball after you use it. I have combination skin and use this for when it is oily or breaking out. It dries it right up without irritating it like most astringents can. Then you have a clean face, a clean palette to put serum and moisturizer on, or makeup, whatever your routine, this is a major helper to make your look last ,even if you don't wear makeup. If your skin is borderline dry, just use it as needed on the spots where you need it the most. It will make a difference. It actually shows you if your facial cleansers are actually doing their jobs or not. When you see all of the icky remains on the cotton ball you will be convinced that this is a good product. I totally recommend it to anyone with combination skin

Controls Oil very well

from Hayward, CA

Comments about Neutrogena Clear Pore Oil Controlling Astringent:

It's been a long time since I'd felt I really needed something like this for my face. However, recently, I've been feeling more oil build up and decided to give it a try as the price was very attractive and Neutrogena is a great brand. The first thing I was hooked on was the pleasant smell. Very little alcohol smell that normally comes with these types of products. It did a great job cleaning my pores and leaving my face feeling clean and fresh. I noticed a little glow about an hour afterward and it also enhanced the way my make-up applied and stayed in place. It goes a long way too. I bought it 3 months ago and haven't made it halfway through the bottle while applying about every other day.

Immediately face felt cleaner

1 simple cotton ball

very attractive and pleasant for this type of product.

Keeps my face oil-free

from Waco, TX

Comments about Neutrogena Clear Pore Oil Controlling Astringent:

Neutrogena Clear pore works best for my skin. It keeps my skin oil free thoughout the day. I have gone through a lot of Atringents, this one keeps my face clean. This one works, but it does sting a little. I dont mind the sting its a small price to pay. I recommend this product.

Good for oil control, bad for mostly everything else

from Atkins, VA

Comments about Neutrogena Clear Pore Oil Controlling Astringent:

Depending on what you need out of it, Neutrogena Clear Pore Oil Controlling Astringent can either be a very useful, or utterly useless product. If your skin trends towards being excessively oily and isn't particularly sensitive or doesn't dry out easily, then this product will work well for you. However, if you have oily skin, but also sensitive skin or skin that dries out easily (Seems silly, doesn't it? Well, I do), this product will leave you with a bigger mess on your hands than ever you started with. Furthermore, if you have large pores and are buying this solely for the astringent effect in it alone (namely, to make your pores smaller) don't be surprised if there is no visible change after a week of use. Or a second. Or a third. Or....get the point? For me at least, that part never worked. To be fair, this is a very basic astringent with the same ingredients as nearly every other one out there. Alcohol (oil removal/drying effect), witch-hazel extract (the ingredient for pore shrinking/part of solution that makes skin feel tight) and purified water. So if the witch-hazel doesn't do what its supposed to then its likely just the fact that it doesn't work well for me rather than it being a fault of the brand. I guess the bottom line is some people will get a good bit of use out of this stuff, while others will find it to be a terrible product and a complete waste of money. It all depends on skin type.

Cleans my face nicely and smells good.

from Carlisle, PA

Comments about Neutrogena Clear Pore Oil Controlling Astringent:

I have used a variety of astringents over the years and Neutrogena's astringent is very nice in my opinion.  It cleans my face well, and feels good too when I use it!  The scent is pepperminty but not too over-powering which I have experienced with other products I have used!  When I am done cleansing my face, it feels crips and clean - I can also see my face is clean by the dirt left behind on the cotton paid.  The astringent dries quickly and doesn't leave any residue on my face either which I have also experienced with others I have tried.  The price isn't too bad either for a bottle of it - especially if I can hit a sale on it and use coupons too.  Neutorgena products can also be found virtually anywhere so it is easy to pick up more when I finish up one bottle of it and need to buy it again.