Other Acne & Blemish Treatments:

Neutrogena Blackhead Eliminating Scrub

Pros

Cons

• Immediacy:

Neutrogena Blackhead Elimiinating scrub works!

Neutrogena was the 4th or 5th blackhead eliminator I tried to get my black heads to go away. I have blackheads all over my face with a couple bad spots. After using it for only 4 days I have noticed a big difference Now they are gone. I used it everyday for about 2 weeks. I now use it once or twice a week to keep the blackheads in control.I works very good. I won't use another product.

Neutrogena blackhead eliminator is very effective. It works,plain and simply.My blackheads are gone. It started to work in a couple days. I now do not have blackheads all over my face. It was even able to work that good on the bad spots.

Ease of Application
Neutrogena blackhead eliminator is easy to use. I use it in the shower. Just scrub your face and rinse. There is only one step, not 3 or 4 like other products. This one product works well and all you need is Neutrogena Blackhead Eliminator Scrub, with no other product to use .

Convenience
Neutrogena blackhead scrub is convenience with only one step. Apply to face and rinse.Thats one of the reasons I use it . I don't have to use 2 or 3 other products to make it work. My counter is not full of product to clean my face. Just Neutrogena in the shower.

Side Effects
There are no side effects from using Neutrogena. I do not experience any side effects with this product.

Immediacy
The Neutrogena scrub works almost right away. I noticed a big difference in a couple days.

Too much salicylic acid!

I have very oily, acne-prone skin. I went to the Neutrogena site to find products for my specific skin type. I entered my information and this is what they recommended:

Blackhead...Read complete review

Blackhead Eliminating Daily Scrub

Oil-eliminating Astringent

Anti-acne Moisturizer

Oil-free Acne Wash Daily Scrub

I used all the products as recommended, and my face looked worse than ever! I think it was just a case of salicylic acid overload! Salicylic acid dried your face out, so your face produces more oil, and your pores get clogged, producing more acne. After about a week of following the regimen, I quit using the products all together. I was able to return some, and I just gave the others away. I didn't want to deal with having to send them in on my dime and wait for a refund. I'm not saying that each product is bad on its own, but all of these together is just too much.

Now I use Philosophy products (I wrote a positive review on those) and my face is much clearer. They probably cost 4-5 times more than Neutrogena, but they work!

It does work, but it's not good for acne prone skin

from Westchester, IL

Comments about Neutrogena Blackhead Eliminating Scrub:

The Neutrogena Blackhead Eliminating Scrub does help to remove blackheads, but it comes at a cost. This facial scrub isn't good for sensitive skin and acne prone skin. It will remove blackheads, but if your have acne prone skin it will make it worse. Using this scrub will inflame preexisting acne and make your face red and swollen. It will leave scars behind if you rub it on acne. I used the Neutrogena Blackhead Elminating scrub once every three days in the morning and it did help with my blackheads, but my acne become worse. I tried using it once a week, but it still made my acne worse and had no affect on my blackheads. My acne took much longer to go away than usual because of this product. I would definitely recommend this product to someone who doesn't have acne, but has blackheads. If you have acne prone skin or very sensitive skin I wouldn't recommend Neutrogena Blackhead Eliminating Scrub.

Immediate Results and Easy Application

Comments about Neutrogena Blackhead Eliminating Scrub:

I have mixed skin types so I have both dry and oily areas and use this product on my nose and chin which tend to be oily. This product has grit! Quite literally it has beads that get down into the pores and scour out blackheads. I notice a difference if I miss a day of using it. I never expected it to make such an instant difference but my pores are clear when I use it and I reap an instant reward. This product makes my skin feel so fresh and it's consistency allows easy application to isolated areas. This is a remarkable product at an affordable price.

• Immediacy:

Neutrogena Blackhead Elimiinating scrub works!

Ease of Application

Convenience

Amazing.

Comments about Neutrogena Blackhead Eliminating Scrub:

This doesn't work right away, but after the 3rd time or so you use it, you really start seeing results. It works wonders if you use it properly. If not, results may not be satisfactory.

Side Effects
If you don't read the directions for application, you will not be happy. Using it more than 4 times a week will result in redness and irritation.

Immediacy
Does not work the very first time. Need to use it 2-3 times before seeing results.

Too much salicylic acid!

from Doyline, LA

Blackhead Eliminating Daily Scrub

Oil-eliminating Astringent

Anti-acne Moisturizer

Oil-free Acne Wash Daily Scrub

This eliminating scrub is above average!

from North Hollywood, CA

Comments about Neutrogena Blackhead Eliminating Scrub:

I bought this facial wash a few weeks ago and use it every morning and evening. When I used it for the first time, my face feels smooth due to the microbeads that were in it. My face also feels cool and it does not dry your skin unlike the other facial scrubs. On the other hand, I noticed that it does not clear up my blackheads. I thought that after 3 to 4 weeks (I have been using it for at least 8 weeks) my blackheads would at least decrease. But it didn't. At least it made my face clean and smooth even if I still have blackheads. I would recommend it to my family and friends because it might work on them. Even if it didn't work on my blackheads, I still use it because it leaves my face fresh and smooth. I might just suggest that they use cold water when they wash their faces because it really feels good with the microbeads and they should not use too much scrub because too much microbeads on their face might scratch their faces. Still, I highly recommend this product.

Your skin feels fresh!

from Salt Lake City, UT

Comments about Neutrogena Blackhead Eliminating Scrub:

I have a lot of issues with acne and black head specially around my nose.  I tried this and my skin felt fresh.  The thing is that it didn't really eliminate any blackheads and the pimples just kept coming.  It all depends on your skin.

This stuff works, but not amazing.

from Halifax, PA

Comments about Neutrogena Blackhead Eliminating Scrub:

I have tried lots of things for my acne that don't work so well and I have tried things that work wonders. This is one of those that doesn't work so well. I used this for about a week before it began to just fail. This product has microbeads that will help get rid of stuff in your skin and exfoliate your skin, but you need to SCRUB forever. It doesn't really work so well on your blackheads, either. My skin did clear up fter I used this, but then a week later, my skin was back to normal. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone, but I know this product has worked for some of my friends. Overall, I love Neutrogena for facial cleansers and acne stuff, but this is a product I didn't like. It costs to much to buy something like this that isn't going to work. If you don't mind rubbing this into your face for ten minutes, it probably works great, but I do not have the patience for something like that.

Leaves you feeling fresh and clean

from Chula Vista, CA

Comments about Neutrogena Blackhead Eliminating Scrub:

I love to use this facewash, and it smells great.  When I come home, my face feels gross from everything it was exposed to throughout the day, and I wash my face with this stuff and feel so fresh and clean afterwards.  The scrub isn't too harsh, it's actually pretty smooth on your face, and it scrubs just as well as the harsh scrubs and much better than the really gentle ones.  It works well at preventing breakouts, especially when used with a salycic acid moisturizer.

Neutrogena Blackhead Eliminating Scrub is my favorite cleanser

from Ann Arbor, MI

Comments about Neutrogena Blackhead Eliminating Scrub:

Neutrogena Blackhead Eliminating Scrub is my favorite facial cleanser. I have combination dry/oily skin and I love the microbead scrub. My skin feels clean after washing (twice a day) and it doesn't leave an oily residue. I do need to use moisturizer during the colder seasons, but unlike other face washes I've tried, I don't feel like I need to wash my face again after a few hours. Does it clear up blackheads? I think it works as well as I'd expect. As a result of this scrub, I don't have any zits. If I looked closely at a mirror, I can still see my pores, but I'm still pleased with the results of this wash. If I switch cleansers, I usually end up with zits by the end of the week. My husband and I both use it. I use it twice a day.The only con for me is the price, but just a little pearl of it is enough! I'd say we go through one bottle every 2-3 months. I recently stocked up and purchased 3 bottle when there was a good deal.