Other Acne & Blemish Treatments:
Acne Scrubs
Neutrogena
Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Foaming Scrub

Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Foaming Scrub

Pros

• Effective (5)
  • Easy to use (4)
  • Smells great (4)
  • Minimizes pores (3)

Cons

• Dries out skin (3)

• Blackheads & whiteheads (3)
  • Moderate acne (3)
  • Teen acne (3)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Budget shopper (3)

Scrub Your Face Clean With Pink Grapefruit and Neutrogena

I understand why Neutrogena selected pink grapefruit as an appealing ingredient in its newest line of skin care products.  Grapefruit is naturally acidic, smells great, and is associated with refreshment.  Because I have slightly oily skin, the **Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Foaming Scrub** sounded like another terrific product from Neutrogena.  First, I must say that the fragrance is amazing.  With just a little squeeze of the scrub you get a burst of pink grapefruit-y fragrance and a generous amount of foam.  The little microbeads in the formula provide the scrubbing action to help exfoliate dead skin cells.  The scrub also contains salicylic acid, which is beneficial to combating blemishes if it remains in contact with skin long enough.  I don't know if there is enough of the salicylic acid in the product to make a difference in reducing blemishes, but it is an active ingredient.

I felt that the scrub rinsed off quite easily and completely, with no residue.  Afterward, my face felt extremely clean, and when I followed up with a swipe of toner, there was no leftover dirt on the cotton pad.  The oiliest parts of my skin felt perfectly fresh, however, the patches where my skin is less oily did feel a little dry.

Based on my experience, I would recommend **Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Foaming Scrub** only if you have oily skin.  I personally think it may be too harsh for normal to dry skin.  I love the fresh grapefruit scent and cleansing ability, but I think added moisturizers would be an improvement.

This face wash smells like body odor.

I received a free sample of Neutrogena's pink grapefruit foaming face scrub.  I wasn't crazy about it being made with grapefruit, because that leads me to believe it will dry my skin out.  However, because it was made by Neutrogena, I thought it was worth a try.

Neutrogena normally makes very good skin care and hair care products.  When I think of something that has been made by them, I typically think of a high quality product.  This was not one of those products.

I used Neutrogena's pink grapefruit face scrub as directed. Wet your face.  Apply the face scrub to your hands.  Add water and work into a lather.  Then massage gently into your face.  Rinse when done.  As soon as I applied it to my face, the smell hit me.  It didn't smell like grapefruit or anything citrus.  To me, it smelled like body odor.  I DO NOT want to put anything on my face that smells like a stinky body!  I went ahead and washed with it anyway, thinking the smell might go away.  It didn't. It claimed to be a "foaming" face scrub, but I never felt any foaming action.  Maybe I removed it too quickly?

After I was done rinsing off my face, I ended up having to wash my face with something else to try to get rid of the smell!  It was awful.  After two washes and a moisturizer, the horrible scent was gone.

If you use this, be sure to avoid your eyes when you apply it to your face.  I missed this part of the directions, and massaged it too close to my eyes.  There are small little exfoliating beads in it, and you should never use that kind of product near your eyes.  It got in mine, and I couldn't wear eye make-up for a day after I used it.

The benefits listed on the website for this product are:

- Salicylic acid acne treatment.
- MicroClear technology.
- Clears breakouts.
- 100% Naturally derived grapefruit extract.
- With an uplifting blast of grapefruit plus Vitamin C, this unique formula clears blemishes and blackheads.
- Eliminates oil and dirt without over-drying.
- Made in USA of domestic and foreign components.
- For the treatment of acne.

To be fair, I will add that there are good reviews for this product on their website.  Obviously someone out there likes it.  After using it once, I threw the remaining free sample away, so I can't say if it would do any of the things it says it will.

I've tried many other face washes and scrubs that are a lot more enjoyable than this one.  Because of the scent, and the exfoliating beads, I cannot recommend this product.

I love this product, I stocked up!

from Baltimore, MD

About Me Brand Buyer

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Less red
  • Minimizes Pores
  • Smells Great
  • Works Effectively

Cons

• Eye irritation if near eyes

• Inflammatory Acne
  • Severe Acne

Comments about Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Foaming Scrub:

In the morning almost every day I apply this product on my face after I wet it. Then I usually leave it there to settle (because that works for me) and wash it of after about 2 minutes. This products gets rid of inflamed pimples and acne in about 2-3 days. It also makes acne less red. It gets rid of acne and makes it almost invisible within a 5-10 day radius. One problem is you definitely don't want this near your eyes (atleast a centimeter within space) it does burn.

Not for normal tondry skin

from Lawrence, MA

About Me Brand Buyer

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Smells Great
  • Works Effectively

Cons

• Dries Out Skin
  • Irritates Skin

• Adult Acne

Comments about Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Foaming Scrub:

This would be a great product if you have oily skin. I wanted to love this but unfortunately it doesn't work for me. I have normal to dry and if used more than two days in a row it dries my skin out even when using moisterizer.

I still use the product but not everyday. I usually go 1 or 2 days in between. Overall I do recommend this product but not as a daily facescrub. It is easy to use and give you that good clean feeling which is a plus.

Smells horrendous!

from Orange County, CA

About Me Budget Buyer

Pros

• Works Effectively

Cons

• Smells Bad

Comments about Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Foaming Scrub:

My mother first bought this product for my sister and I to use in the shower a few months back. The first time I used it, I couldn't stand the smell -- it reeks like body odor! It also stung my face and wasn't soft on the skin like foaming face washes I had used in the past.
I only ever used this face wash two or three times before returning to the Olay product I was used to. My sister didn't mind the smell and continued to use the Neutrogena product. She has used it for about five months now. It effectively helps with acne, but is not at all pleasant to use.

Great for people with large pores.

from Brighton, Illinois

About Me Budget Buyer

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Minimizes Pores
  • Smells Great
  • Works Effectively

Cons

• Dries Out Skin

Comments about Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Foaming Scrub:

I am not going to attest to how this product reduces you acne because that is not what I use it for. I have large pores and semi-oily skin, this product does an amazing job of exfoliating the skin and helping to remove build up while leaving my face feeling smooth and clean. I love the fresh grapefruit scent and the scrubbing micro beads. I do find that it dries my skin out a bit, I would recommend applying a light moisturizer after using this product. All in all it is a very good face scrub for people that are looking to reduce the look of their pores and the oiliness of their skin.

Great product but not for every day

from Thunder Bay

About Me Budget Buyer

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Minimizes Pores
  • Smells Great
  • Works Effectively

Cons

• Dries Out Skin
  • Irritates Skin

Comments about Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Foaming Scrub:

I bought this scrub hoping to help my black heads and I wasn't disappointed! The product is very good at removing blackheads and making skin feel deeply cleaned and fresh by removing dead skin cells. The scrub also helped with my overall complexion. The only downside is that the scrub can be quite drying if being used twice a day like a normal facial wash. I can only use it a couple of times a week otherwise my combination/sensitive skin gets quite dry and irritated. Overall a great product but I use other neutrogena face washes along with it in my routine.

Excellent Scrub:

from Fort Walton Beach,Fl.

Pros

• Does What it Says
  • Easy to put on
  • Leaves A Clean Scent
  • Not messy

• After Makeup Use
    • all the time
    • Morning and night
    • To Deep Clean

Comments about Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Foaming Scrub:

I've had Acne on and off for many years. And lets face it,you can tone it down.But it truly never goes away permanently. I LOVE THIS SCRUB!!!!

• Was this a gift?:

Best smelling acne line

Comments about Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Foaming Scrub:

Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Foaming Scrub was the first product from Neutrogena's grapefruit line that I tried. The best part about this product is that it smells amazing for an acne product. The grapefruit scent is fresh and not fake-smelling, and totally covers any chemical smell. Though it says "foaming" in the name, I don't think the product really foams up very heavily, but as a facial cleanser, it doesn't really need to. The "scrub" part is a sort of microbead exfoliator, so it's not too heavy-duty an exfoliator, and is definitely gentle enough to use every day. The use of the scrub to exfoliate in conjunction with the acne medication makes this an effective treatment for preventing acne. I don't think it works extremely well for breakouts that have already happened, though. I would leave those to a more concentrated spot treatment, and use Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Foaming Scrub for the entire face to prevent breakouts.

• Immediacy:

Not a fan of this product!

from Davie, FL

Comments about Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Foaming Scrub:

I will start off with saying that Neutrogena normally makes amazing skin care products. However, I did not like this face wash at all. This product did not clear up my acne like it should have, and it also left my skin feeling very dry and irritated. I would not recommend this to anyone who is trying to clear up their acne. It is too harsh on the skin, and it will leave you with worse acne than you had to start off with.

This product was obviously not effective in any way. My skin was even worse after using this acne wash.

Very easy to apply.

Convenience
    This product was a complete inconvenience considering the fact that it did not work for me.

Side Effects
    This product definitely gave me some side effects. When I woke up the next morning after using the Neutrogena oil-free pink grapefruit face wash, my skin was broken out even worse than before, and I was experiencing a lot of irritation and redness.

Immediacy
    There was no immediacy at all.

A great invigorating scrub

Comments about Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Foaming Scrub:

I've been using this product for a very long time, and am in love with it. It exfoliates my skin, getting rid of all the dead skin cells that could cause future breakouts, and it clears my face of dirt and sebum. It prevents future breakouts and helps reduce current breakouts.

This product clears away dead skin and removes excess sebum without over drying skin. It really clears away current breakouts and prevents future breakouts very well. It is a very refreshing, invigorating scrub that is gentle enough to use on a daily basis.

Ease of Application
    There are micro-beads in this formula which makes exfoliating skin easy and painless, without over-drying skin.

Convenience
    This product is pretty thick, so it doesn't run off your face or hands.

Side Effects
    I don't have any dry skin after using this acne treatment, which is very impressive because I usually always experience flaking skin whenever I use an acne treatment.

Immediacy
    This product really minimizes current acne, and clears a full face of blemishes in a week. Even through my worst breakouts, this product really helped clear it out faster. It also prevents future acne very well, and it is a very impressive product.

Works well, smells great

from Southfield, MI

Comments about Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Foaming Scrub:

This face wash is pretty nice. I'm a fan of the newer Neutrogena acne products. I was hesitant to try them because I have had bad luck with the older, more traditional Neutrogena face washes. However, I received a sample of this Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Foaming Scrub so I didn't risk much by giving it a shot.

I found this face wash be quite effective. It exfoliates nicely, it left my skin feeling soft and smooth. It also smells really great.

Ease of Application
    It's easy to apply, you just have to be extra careful not to get any of the exfoliating beads in your eyes.

Convenience
    The only thing about this face wash that makes it less convenient than some others is that because of the exfoliating beads, it's not great to use around your eyes.

Side Effects
    I didn't have any side effects from using this face wash.

Immediacy
    This face wash worked very quickly. The exfoliating beads make your face soft right away and it kept my face clear too.