Other Acne & Blemish Treatments:
Acne Scrubs
Neutrogena
Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Daily Scrub

Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Daily Scrub

Pros

• Easy to use (4)
  • Effective (4)
  • Smells great (3)

• Reviewer Profile:
    • Budget shopper (3)

I was highly satisfied with this product.

I have experimented with several different treatments and cleansers. This one has been one of my favorites. On its own it does not do much for blackheads and whiteheads, but it does not react to the sulfur soap I use for those. It is definitely effective in treating inflamed and puss-filled pores. I used it three times a day, twice a day and once a day for a while, as well as alternating it with other products and it was most effective being used twice, once in the morning and once in the evening without alternating with other products. I recommend it for acne at stages one and two. After that, you need something stronger.

Painful red sand in my eyes. But fewer blackheads?

I purchased this facial exfoliation product because I like other acne treatment products from this brand. I used several bottles before deciding the side effects outweigh the benefits. Yes it helps reduce black heads, especially on the chin. But the red grit in this cleanser is especially sharp, and it sometimes scratched my skin painfully. The grit also would stick to my eye lashes and eye brows and get into my eyes when I rinsed my face. It left my skin feeling soft but raw and red. I couldn't use it it in the winter when it would dry out my skin, and leave it chapped in the cold dry air. The smell is not awful, it has a medicinal smell typical among these type products. The color is pleasant but the texture is not. It has a decent lather for an exfoliant, fairly creamy yet foamy. The product lasts a long time but I also don't recommend it for daily use. In fact, I don't usually recommend it.

Amazing Product!

from Arkansas

About Me Budget Buyer

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Hydrates Skin
  • Minimizes Pores
  • Smells Great
  • Softens skin
  • Soothing

• Inflammatory Acne
    • Severe Acne
    • Teen Acne

Comments about Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Daily Scrub:

Used to help control out of control acne. Works wonders on oily skin.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

I would not buy this product again

from Camp Douglas, WI

About Me Budget Buyer

Pros

• Easy To Use
    • Smells Great

Cons

• Dries Out Skin
    • Ineffective

• not sure if it cleared acne at all

Comments about Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Daily Scrub:

I used this daily in the shower. The product I felt did not clear my pores, it also dried my face out terribly. The smell of this product is ok, I just felt it was not worth the money, it did not clear my acne like I thought it would.

Love this product!

from San diego

About Me Brand Buyer

Pros

• Hydrates Skin
    • Soothing
    • Works Effectively

• Blackheads & Whiteheads
      • Moderate Acne

Comments about Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Daily Scrub:

This product has been very effective on my acne and blackheads. It's very refreshing on my face after each use.

Great product

from Asheville, NC

About Me Medical Professional

Pros

• Acts Quickly
      • Easy To Use
      • Effective
      • Gentle
      • Not Messy

• Daily Use

Comments about Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Daily Scrub:

I've been using this product for about three years now and it works great. Very effective in getting rid of acne.

I was highly satisfied with this product.

from Joplin, Missouri

About Me Budget Buyer

Pros

• Easy To Use
        • Minimizes Pores
        • Smells Great
        • Works Effectively

• Adult Acne
          • Inflammatory Acne
          • Moderate Acne
          • Teen Acne

Comments about Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Daily Scrub:

Excellent Acne Face Wash Product !

from Kansas City, Missouri

Comments about Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Daily Scrub:

This is an excellent product that my husband and I use daily. I have dry skin issues, and with this product I never have the problem of my skin drying out too much, unlike other acne products that seem to do. My husband and I both love Neutrogena products, but this is the one that we constantly keep going back to it's always at a reasonable price. I recommend this product for people who have mild to moderate acne that don't have a lot of money to spend on some of the more expensive acne systems out there.

Extremely effective and helps to keep blemishes away and also leaves you skin soft and smooth feeling, won't dry it out. It removes the oil from you skin and after a few uses you will be able to see a difference in your skin.

Side Effects
          Experienced no side effects when using this product.

Immediacy
          Within the first week I could already see a difference and the blemishes on my face were less than before.

• Immediacy:

The scrub that works well!

Comments about Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Daily Scrub:

I used this product last week for the very first time. I usually do not have acne or pimples, thanks to the Neutrogena cleanser I use. But it was this last week, after a long day I went to bed without taking off the makeup. (Yeah, that is so lazy of me, I know!) The next morning when I woke up, there were these two tiny, nasty looking red looking acne on my chin, ready to pop out any minute. They were so painful to touch. It was then I used this Neutrogena Oil- Free Acne Wash Daily Scrub. I have always seen my husband using it so thought it might help me as well and yes, it did.
          The scrub has a gentle, grainy texture, that is not harsh on the skin. The skin feels so fresh and cool after every use. By the end of that day one of those little acne was gone, and the other one took four to five days to disappear.
          I will recommend this product to those with acne prone skin, this product works! Though I won't go to bed with makeup in the future, but if I do I know this scrub will be there to rescue me!

Side Effects
          no side effects!

• Immediacy:

Quick Acne treatment and face-wash.

Comments about Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Daily Scrub:

I use this product every night before going to bed. When I first started using this product my acne was pretty bad to say the least. After using the product you can feel a tingly sensation, although it does not burn. It's very quick to use while taking a shower or just washing up you face before bed.

If you're looking for immediate results, I wouldn't necessarily recommend this product. It does take some time before you will start seeing improvements. You must use it pretty consistently. I've noticed if I skip a day or two my acne starts coming back pretty fast. You can also use this product on other problem areas, like the back and chest.

You don't need to use much of this product, so at the price and the amount that you get in the bottle, it should last a while for the average user.

I do recommend using a moisturizer after using this product because it will, like many other treatments, dry out your skin.

Neutrogena daily face scrub

from Georgia

Comments about Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Daily Scrub:

Well let me begin by saying that this face scrub has an amazing tangy scent that I love. I definitely like the beads in the product as a scrub and although it smells great, it is not the best product for acne I have found on the market. Initially, the scrub does dry out cystic pimples. Perhaps this is from the beads in the scrub but it really didn't prevent me from breaking out much to be quite honest. It dried out existing pimples but did not prevent more acne from forming. This product may work for some but it did not work for me. I love the smell and beads as they brush across the face as a method of exfoliation but it really didn't do what I needed it to do to help me have clear skin. I will say that the product works immediately in the sense that it dries out existing pimples on contact but overall, I would rate it a seven and say that it lacks effectiveness because it did not prevent acne. It is easy to apply, however.

• Immediacy:

Painful red sand in my eyes. But fewer blackheads?