Other Acne & Blemish Treatments:
St. Ives
St. Ives Naturally Clear Blemish & Blackhead Control Apricot Scrub

St. Ives Naturally Clear Blemish & Blackhead Control Apricot Scrub

• Immediacy:

It really works and doesn't dry out your skin!

I did not get any acne until the age of 30+ and I have suffered from blackheads and clogged pores since then.

Since I am not able to buy acne treatments...Read complete review

Since I am not able to buy acne treatments all the time, I was looking for something that I could use daily that would help, not dry out my skin and still within the budget.

I found this! When I use the facial scrub, it really leaves my face feeling fresh and clean. I love the way my skin feels so soft afterward.

As for helping clear up the blackheads and blemishes, yes it works. Do not expect overnight complete clearance of acne, blackheads and blemishes, it takes a few days to really see the results.

I have even given this to my older sister to use and she likes it too. If you just keep up with the daily cleansing, you will see the good benefits of having healthy skin and even looking younger a bit.

This procuct is worth the money you spend! And it really is a great value item. I would not only buy one for my sister, I would give one to my friends

Gentle Exfoliation, but BLEMISH CONTROL? Not so much...

As a woman who suffers from sensitive skin AND blackheads/the occasional blemish, I was excited to try St. Ives Naturally Clear Blemish & Blackhead Control Apricot Scrub. I am a fan of their original apricot scrub, so I went into using this product with high hopes.

Unfortunately, my results were less than spectacular. While I was thoroughly impressed with its gentle yet effective exfoliation (in other words, it didn't irritate my skin,) I did not notice a significant difference in the number of blackheads. Additionally, my breakouts didn't seem helped by this at all. Fortunately, I do not suffer from severe acne on a regular basis, but I am still disappointed that a scrub specifically made for blemishes and blackheads failed to live up to its promises.

Ultimately, if you are looking for a scrub that not only removes dead skin cells and improves the health of your skin while keeping acne and blackheads at bay, I would not recommend this product. While it does an excellent job at exfoliating, if that is all you are looking for their are better products on the market.

While an excellent, gentle exfoliator, this scrub did little to diminish my blackheads and blemishes.

Side Effects
No adverse side effects, even with my sensitive skin!

Immediacy
I'm putting this somewhere in the middle, since my skin definitely felt softer after one use but my blackheads/blemishes failed to be kept under control even after a month of regular use.

Clean and Gentle

from Wyoming, PA

Pros

• Exfoliates
  • Fights Breakouts
  • Improves Overall Texture

Cons

Comments about St. Ives Naturally Clear Blemish & Blackhead Control Apricot Scrub:

Extremely gentle, it won't dry skin out but still leaves it clean. Does fight acne but not as quickly as harsher scrubs.

My Go-To

Pros

• Exfoliates
      • Fights Breakouts
      • Smells Great
      • Softens Skin
      • Tightens Skin

• Energize Skin
        • Treat Acne
        • Treat Oily Skin

This scrub is amazing! It is all natural and contains apricot pit pieces as exfoliates. I do not have sensitive skin, so I typically scrub my face with this product for a minute then leave it on for one to two minutes. If you do have sensitive skin you may want to lightly scrub your face and leave it on for a smaller amount of time. The product is thick so it does take some effort to get off. I suggest washing your face in the shower so it is easier to wash off.

Gentle exfoliating cleanser leaves your skin feeling refreshed

This is the only face wash that I will ever use, I would choose not wash my face at all before I would choose to wash my face with something else! I love the amazingly clean and refreshed way that my skin feels each time I use it! The apricot scrub not only exfoliates my face, but also my hands and leaves them both feeling smoother every time!

Very effective at shrinking pores and reducing blackheads, as well as keeping them from coming back. Gentle enough for sensitive skin, but strong enough to clean and exfoliate better than any other cleanser, leaving skin feeling completely refreshed!

Ease of Application
        Quick and Easy to use, Couldn't be more simple!

Convenience
        Very convenient! Just a few simple steps, and doesn't require the use of any other products like other cleansers out there.

Side Effects
        This is the only face wash I have ever used that has not had any harsh side effects. Gentle enough for even the most sensitive skin.

Immediacy
        I can feel it start to work immediately as the apricot scrub exfoliates and cleanses my face, and the difference afterwards is noticeable right away! Not only is my face much smoother after every use, but it looks much healthier too!

• Immediacy:

This is a great product. I highly recomend it.

from Joplin, MO

St. Ives Blemish Control is easy, effective, and efficient. It is inexpensive and just as good as higher-priced brands. My skin feels clean right away and it clears up more and more after each use. This is what I use to keep my progressive acne under control. This is an A+ product. I noticed right away that my skin was better and so did everyone else.

It is very effective. The difference is obvious from the start, and it just keeps getting better after every use. I started receiving compliments on my skin after the very first use.

Ease of Application
        Just squeeze some out and scrub it in, or use a brush for maximum efficiency. Simple as that.

Convenience
        What is more convenient than a squeeze tube? It sits so that gravity helps rather than hinders, and your blemish control is always ready to go!

Side Effects
        No negative side effects, at least for me.

Immediacy
        I was complimented on how my skin looked better from the very first time I used it.

Scrubbing Excellence, Half-hearted User

from Little Rock, AR

I've probably used St. Ives Apricot Scrub Blemish Control for a few years. I mainly use it because it's what's around at my house, meaning that my husband uses it.

Nevertheless, I'm satisfied using it. It *feels* like it's effective because it's has a rough, scrubbing ingredient in it (black walnut shells?). I have oily skin and use the product almost daily. It does not dry out my skin, which I appreciate. Without a comparison to another similar product, I can't speak accurately right now on this scrub's blemish and blackhead control claims. I think it is not effective at removing eye make-up. With all the scrubbing bits, I'm afraid to use it near my eyes.

However, the packaging could stand to be improved. The lid acts as the bottom of the fat tube. And the lid sort of becomes a bowl, catching my shower water. Thus, the lid gets moldy. Yuck. I even have the tube toward the back of my shower, rather than directly in the spray.

• Immediacy:

Good as a daily exfoliant

I first bought this product because I had heard fantastic reviews about it and I was trying to find a way to get rid of my acne scars. The directions on the back said to use 3-4 times weekly so I decided to use it every other day. After using it for a few months now, I think I can fairly review it. The smell is fresh and invigorating, although not (to me at least) the prettiest scent in the world. I feel like it is mild enough to use as a daily exfoliant but at the same time it contains salicylic acid, which definitely does its job. I use it when my skin seems to peel and it definitely gets that problem under control. Recently, I have started using it about once a week instead since my skin doesn't seem to peel as much anymore, perhaps thanks to this scrub. My only complaint about it would be that when I use it before bed, I wake up with rather oily skin. This might just be due to the fact that it does such a good job cleaning, but even so, I have decided to use it in the morning instead so that I don't wake up with a face full of oil. Despite this, I would still recommend the product because it definitely does its job.

St. Ives Apricot Scrub

So I used this scrub several times a week for months and all it did was make my skin super soft. Don't get me wrong, my skin felt amazing, but it did not do what it said. It did not help with blemishes other than irritate them and my blackheads were the same as they were before using this product. I get horrible blackheads on my nose and thought it would be worth a try since this stuff is so cheap, guess you get what you pay for! I don't recommend using this if you have bad blemishes or any blemishes that are open. It will irritate them some and make them red. All it did for me that I liked was make my normally dry cheeks nice and smooth. I will not be buying this again as I was looking for something for my blackheads and blemishes, not a dry skin cure.

Did nothing for my blemishes or blackheads, even after months of regular use.

Ease of Application
        Easy to apply, just scrub gently into skin after wetting, than rinse off.

Convenience
        Added another step to my skin care routine and didn't work so not too convenient for me.

Side Effects
        If you have any open blemishes it will irritate them and possibly make them bleed so be careful using this.

Immediacy
        Didn't work for me at all even after months of use.

Use for Body, Not For Face

I used this product quite a bit in my youth, and now that I am older and wiser, I cringe at the thought of scrubbing my face with this. Even though it is marketed as "Blackhead and Blemish Control" the scrubbing particles they use in this scrub are way too coarse for use on the delicate skin of the face. They can cause small scratches and tears in this delicate skin. So for that reason I would not recommend using it for cleansing your face or neck. However, I think the skin on your feet, elbows, and back are tough enough to take the scrubbing. Back skin can be a problem for blackheads and blemishes as well, so I think it would be especially great for this area. The price is really affordable (as St. Ives products all tend to be), especially for use on your body, which covers a large area. The smell is great and very pleasing. Buy something with a finer grain for your face though.

• Immediacy:

Fresh, Clean and Smooth Faces!

I recently stumbled across this product while showering at a friend's house. I first thought the same thing I always thing when I see a new facial cleanser that I have yet to use; great, another chemically based scrub that boasts of amazing effects and falls short of it's claims. After applying it to my face I quickly felt the sandy and abrasive particles working on my face to break-up all the dry skin that my face frequently accumulates during the colder winter months. After gently rubbing it into my face for about a minute, I rinsed it off only to feel my freshly cleaned face again! It was great, I bought the product the next day and use it frequently to help remove those blemishes.

Ease of Application
        Scrub gently! Not much force is needed to remove your blemishes.

Side Effects
        Your face will feel fresh and smooth after use.

Immediacy
        Feel the effects immediately with the scrubbing particles that break-up the dead skin and blemishes on your face.

Exfoliates thoroughly

I really like the way this product exfoliates my skin really thoroughly and efficiently. You can really feel the beads on your skin and it almost feels like a salt scrub in terms of consistency, or maybe even like sand. It's not a bad or extremely rough feeling, it's still pretty gentle, but rough enough to assure you that it's doing something for your skin. On that note, I still wouldn't recommend this scrub to anyone with sensitive skin because the beads will definitely overscrub your skin and leave it possibily feeling raw or just very red.
        I do, however, think this product works well for people with more oily, acne-prone skin, as it will remove dead layers of skin and clean deeply, rather than just sort of washing off the surface.
        My only qualm with this product is that I've heard from dermatologists that the beads actually leave tiny microscopic cuts in your skin that damage it over time.
        I'm a strong believer that you should do what works for you, so if you try it and it works then by all means keep with it.

Scrubs off dead skin cells and you can feel it working.

Ease of Application
        Really easy to use. Comes in a squeeze bottle and is simply to apply.

Convenience
        You can find it at any drugstore.

Side Effects
        May or may not cause tears in the skin. Can also be too rough on sensitive skin. Don't recommend everyday use. Maybe 1-2 times a week at most.

Immediacy
        You'll notice results right after the first use and even more within a week or two of consistent use.