Other Routers:

Netgear Wireless Router

Pros

Cons

NetGear WNDR3700 Router - A High-Powered Wireless Solution

Problem - Get rid of our expensive movie channels on satellite and purchase equipment so that we could instantly stream movies to our two TVs

Solution - WNDR3700 NetGear RangeMax tm Dual Band...Read complete review

Solution - WNDR3700 NetGear RangeMax tm Dual Band Wireless-N-Gigabit Router

We had been dissatisfied with the premium movie channels from our satellite provider for quite some time as they just play the same movies over and over again.

I researched the various options and picked a service that would allow us to stream programming instantly to our TVs.  I wanted to make sure that we bought quality equipment that would not only stream programming, but do it well.  The NetGear WNDR3700 looked like it would do the job nicely.  I upgraded to this model because one of the TVs was approximately 50 feet away from the router; and this model's specifications were up to the task.  We have had no reception problems with either TV using the NetGear Router.

I had been concerned about set-up; but the WNDR3700 was a breeze to set up even by a techie-in-progress such as myself!

One tip - The reliability of the streaming video is only as good as your internet connection, so be sure to test the connection before ordering your router.  Your Internet Service Provider can advise you on this issue. You must have a high-speed connection to use a streaming video service.

Now with the addition of the two players connected to our televisions that have internal WiFi capabilities, we get seamless, instant movies, TV shows, documentaries, etc...And we don't have to think about anything but entertainment!

Checks Out Now And Then

The Netgear is an OK router ... until it stops working on you.

The Netgear is an OK router ... until it stops working on you.

I've had this for about a year. It was easy to set up. The software was a piece of cake, as was setting my code. The price was right, too, especially since I got it on sale. I can only assume that the security settings are sufficient, but God knows what kind of hacks are available these days.

My main problem, however, is that every so often the Netgear just decides to quit working. I don't know why it does this -- it just does. At some point, the Internet just conks out, and then I have to go look and see if the Internet light on the router is blinking. If it is, I reboot it, and it's good to go. That's a pretty big pain.

It's clearly the router, because we have a desktop connected to our cable Internet, and that always works (of course, sometimes Comcast just goes out completely, but alas, this is not a review of Comcast).

I might be taking it easy on this router, because this is a significant problem in my mind, but for the most part it works fine and it's fast. I have numerous machines that connect to the Internet through the router, and it works fine. Still, I might not recommend it.

Beautiful Connection

from Huntsville, AL

Comments about Netgear Wireless Router:

When our last router died, we were off for a new one. The Netgear router was suggested to us and thus we bought it. Never have I been more happy with a product than this one. Great, functioning router!

It performs splendidly. I was able to follow the instructions, which were extremely simple might I add, and have my internet connection run perfectly.

It comes with rubber grippers on the bottom and a stand, if you prefer to make it stand straight up. It has lasted for a few months and looks splendid. Never had problems with it.

Setup & Ease of Use
This is one of the best things about the product. I was able to get it out of the box and easily use it. It did have a few instructions but just follow them exactly and it will easily be set up. Basically you just unplug your modem and then connect the ethernet cable and power adapter and your ready.

Service & Support
So far we haven't had to use their customer service, but I will say that I love how if the connection goes down, it will help you. If I go to a tab the support will pop up, if my connection is down, and it will try to help me solve my problem.

• Service & Support:

Neatgear WNDR3700 Wireless Router is the one for me!

from Fort Worth, Texas

Comments about Netgear Wireless Router:

Neatgear WNDR3700 Wireless Router is the best router I've tried so far. I purchased this new router for my family and I because the one we had was not functioning properly. I thought the cost of the Neatgear Router was a reasonable one, so I purchased it and took it home. It immediately picked up on everyone's devices. We have a great demand in our home for wireless internet and having a reliable connection at all times is very important. We have two laptops, a desk top, 4 tablets, and 4 android phones. They all function off of our Neatgear Wireless Router. Our house is a average size single family home and this router reaches all over the house and even outside of the house. I love that my friends and family can use the wireless connection when they are here, with the password. I love that we have to enter in a password for wireless access. It gives us security and ease of mind knowing no one can use our wireless connection except the ones we allow.

Great Service

Comments about Netgear Wireless Router:

Netgear really offers top-notch service. I've had the service for about two years and it's been great. Upon setting the service up was very easy, once set up connecting to the multiple laptops and phones was straight forward. Very fast internet service, worth the few bucks for the good service offered.

Improves internet speed

Comments about Netgear Wireless Router:

The Netgear WNDR3700 Wireless Router improved my Internet speed and connection. I play video games and my connection was horrible I would lag out and couldn't play online due to my connection once I bought this router my connection got way better and my Internet speed got really fast. I would defiantly recommend this product.

Netgear WNDR3700 Wireless Router

Comments about Netgear Wireless Router:

This is a really useful item for my family. We have 5 computers in our household and other wireless items so it works great! From what I'd read prior to purchasing this it was supposed to be up to 5 items but I have all 5 computers running off of it, a printer and a bluray player. My daughters also have a Ipod and tablet which both use the wifi and it works. I'd recommend it to anyone! The only downside isn't the product itself but the customer service.

The performance is outstanding!

I haven't dropped it or anything but it seems to be pretty durable.

Setup & Ease of Use
I think it's fairly easy to hook this up. If a person follows the directions they should have no problems setting it up.

Service & Support
Customer service really sucks. That's the downside of anything from Netgear. If there's a problem installing it they blame it on everything other than their product. It's also hard to understand almost everyone you speak to with Netgear.

• Service & Support:

This router has worked fairly well for our household.

Comments about Netgear Wireless Router:

We purchased this router at walmart for about 40 bucks, and it works as advertised. I have only had to reset it a couple of times since installing it (about 1 year ago) The router's system page - where you set-up and change settings) is pretty easy to use, and the help info. on the right is very concise. It can be set up as a repeater router to extend the range of your existing network. You can also set up several wireless networks and or without encryption. One complaint I have is that the push to connect feature has never worked for me. But if I enter the ip address(es) and wep code(s) by hand it always connects no problem. So I could just be doing something wrong with the push to connect part. Overall I'd say this is a excellent router for the money

Our broadband speed is about the worst in the country so this router easily handles all the bandwidth it gets. Maximum transfer rate is approximately 200 kbps on a good day, and it's handled it easily, with that amount divided among 2 wired computers (through Ethernet cables) and several wireless devices and I have not had any issues

Setup & Ease of Use
The quick start setup instructions are easy to follow and the visual guides are as well. I had this unit ready to roll in about 10-20 minutes.

Better than the Cisco!

from Trinity, NC

Comments about Netgear Wireless Router:

Hard to believe that I actually said that, but this unit worked right out of the box where the Cisco device would not work at all. The unit was not defective, but incompatable with my phone company's provided connection. Rules are easy to understand, and easy to set up. the included website blocking works very well, and is also easy to configure. (My kids HATE this part!!!)

Excellent product thus far

from Westlake, OH

Comments about Netgear Wireless Router:

The Netgear WNDR3700 is my first foray into wireless networking.  I have always been skeptical of pursuing a wireless home network due to possible security issues, however my girlfriend's recent purchase of an iPad has forced my hand.

After extensive research, I decided upon this product.  I wanted a router that would be able to support my technical needs for an extensive period of time.  With dual band capability, I figured this would be the right product for me.  After awaiting a good deal, I finally purchased this product from Staples.

Setup was easier than I thought.  After roughly 10 minutes, I was up and running.  The Netgear software walked me through first time setup, and I was able to create SSIDs for the 2.4ghz and 5ghz bands, both with secure passwords.  The iPad picked up both wireless networks immediately, with zero connectivity issues.  The 5ghz wireless range seems excellent!  I have taken the iPad to all areas of my 2800 sq. ft. home, and there have been no issues.

Time will tell, but this seems to be an excellent product.

WNDR3700 is awesome!!

from Bridgeport, NE

Comments about Netgear Wireless Router:

I have used various wireless routers for about 14 years now. This newer model from Netgear is by far and away the best of the wireless devices that I have used. However, it is important to remember that the only way to get the top performance form the device is to use a brand new uigh end adapter designed for the Rangemax "N" specifications. Setup and configuration took less than 10 minutes for the basic setup. Being the computer geek that I am though, I took another hour or so to go through the options and setup for maximum performance in my house. After a few weeks of use, I was so impressed that when I was hired to get a local motel wired for Internet (on the cheap), I selected a series of these router in repeater mode to cover the spread out single floor motel. Now each guest room is well saturated with useable signal. I highly resommend this unit.

More features than I can justify, and I love it!

from Troy, MI

Comments about Netgear Wireless Router:

This unit is great, B, G, N and very friendly page for updating the system. The wireless works great, have owned for over 8 months and never been happier. My Cisco units, the Blue one's with two antennaes seemed to last 1-2 years then needed replacement. They were the standard, then I decided to stray to this one, the led lights are very quick to understand if communications are working right and we are pleased. It is passing through to 6 pc's, gaming system, work pc, telephone (OOMA VOIP) which I also recommend....No issues at all, though i did buy an extended warranty due to cisco experiences.