Other Routers:
Apple
MC414LL/A
Apple AirPort Express Base Station

Apple AirPort Express Base Station

Streaming music just got better!

I love music. When I'm in bed I play music on my system all night. There are also times during the day when I want to listen to music and I don't want to constantly get up and switch cd's or plug in my iPod and have to go over and change albums. Airport Express came to my rescue! It has a mini out on and and you can use analog or buy a optical cable for it and listen to music with no electrical interference and crystal clear audio. I can stream my entire iTunes to this device and choose whatever I want to play right from my computer, it's amazing. This device has many more applications however. You can use it to extend a network, create a network, plug in a printer, alongside streaming music. Here is one of my biggest advantages with this device. I go to my brother in law's house with my Xbox and play in a separate room. The Xbox has no wifi built in and an ethernet cable will not reach from the router. What is a guy to do? Simple! I plug the Airport Express into the wall and program it with my laptop to receive the current network in the house. Then I plug an ethernet cable into the Airport Express and into the Xbox and voila! I'm on Live before the game even loads. This is also great for hotels with just ethernet ports and you want to extend the network wirelessly. Great find!

Great for Streaming Music

I use this device to plug directly into my stereo receiver so I can listen to music on my network.  This device was the cheapest alternative I could find several years ago to do this.  However, this gadget has become somewhat obsolete for me at this point.  I will preface this statement by saying if your modem is apple, this can apparently be used to extend your wireless range which is a nice feature.  As I use a PC, and have a Netgear modem, its useless in that regard to me.

The reason I believe this is now obsolete is that most people have smartphones and can directly connect their phone to their stereo and stream music through a downloaded app or an app like pandora through their stereo.  In my case, I use an Ipod Touch to connect directly to both my network and to apps like Pandora.  Its not that big of a deal to get a playlist started and play.  The only downfall is that you need to leave the device plugged into the stereo.  With the base station, I believe you could use your Touch/Phone as more of a remote for the system.

Airport Express

Comments about Apple AirPort Express Base Station:

This is the greatest invention since sliced bread. Purchased one to hook up to me 20 year old Kenwood stereo system. Now I can listen to my Itunes throughout the house wirelessly whenever I want. You have to see it to get the full picture on just how cool this is. And it interfaced with my old stereo with no problems. My Kenwood amp is wired to a nice pair of Bose speakers in the living room. Can't explain how cool it is to have my entire Itunes collection (over 7000 songs) available to play throughout the house. Just took a simple RCA jack to tie in the Airport Express module to my Kenwood amp. The rest is all covered wirelessly. Peolpe are amazed when they come over and see how cool this setup is. And trust me, I'm no techie. Yet the installation was simple enough that even I understood it. I'm seriously considering adding one more module to tie in the stereo that is set up for the pool out back. The nice thing is I can set up Itunes to play randomly and i can go the rest of the evening with out having to mess with the stereo. I know the Airport Express has other uses, but being able to wirelessly play music throughout the house is just to awesome to describe. LOVE IT!

Works flawlessly

• Setup & Ease of Use:
  • Service & Support:

Spotty connectivity at best, cool when speakers are hooked up.

Comments about Apple AirPort Express Base Station:

Connectivity is spotty at best, but being able to connect speakers and play music around my apt all from my iPhone or iPad gives it a "wow" factor.

I have to reset, unplug and replug maybe twice a month.

I have had it for over 1 year which is 6 months longer than the longest I've had any other router.

Setup & Ease of Use
Plug in and go. Device doesn't even have any other buttons or features than on or off.

Service & Support
Apple support is top notch but I've never officially used professional support with this product.

• Setup & Ease of Use:
  • Service & Support:

Outstanding

from Miami, FL

Comments about Apple AirPort Express Base Station:

Apple AirPort Express Station is my best friend! I love the fact that you can take it on business trips and practically anywhere you want. The Technology Support is amazing i love it. One of the best things is that is very simple to install even for me since i am not a techie type of person it gets the job going and with no slow downs. The cost may be a little higher that most port stations but it is definitively worth it. If you are looking for the best of the best this is your next stop. And one of the things is that Apple is a leading market company like most people know. Apple has designed computer laptops, desktops, ipods what else. Well this is definetely one of the leading award winning items in my point of view. The compact is incredible I wouldn't have bought it if it wasn't for my best friend who told me it was really great and simple to install. And it really was very simple. If you aren't a techie this is perfect for you.

Great

from Miami, FL

Comments about Apple AirPort Express Base Station:

The Apple airport express is a very good router. First let me tell you that it is really tiny. It easily fits in one hand and can even fit in my pocket. So it is really easy to carry around with you in case you are traveling. It is very easy to set up and just after a few clicks you will be all set and connected to wireless internet. It supports a/b/g/n wireless so you will be covered. What I like most about the airport express is that you can use this cool features known as airtunes. So to do that all you have to do is connect your speakers to the router and then you can play music from your computer, ipod, iphone or ipad onto the speakers wirelessly. This is amazing and very few routers let you do this. You can also attack a printer to the router and then wirelessly send jobs to it.

Love it

from Port Saint Lucie, FL

Comments about Apple AirPort Express Base Station:

The apple airport express is a must have router if you travel a lot. It is really compact and can easily be carried around with you in your backpack. I really end up using it a lot when I go on trips. They look really good so it's nice to have it right outside and you don't need to hide it. You can also connect your speakers or a printer and then be able to stream music to your speakers wirelessly and also be able to print wirelessly which is definitely an added bonus. The set up process is very simple and in no time you will be connected to the internet wirelessly. You don't need to be an expert to be able to set it up which is nice. It comes with a one year warranty so incase there are any problems with it you can get quality support from Apple.

Best router for your apartment

Comments about Apple AirPort Express Base Station:

Very good looking and extremely small and portable router. I love the white look of it and its so easy to carry around with me on trips. Apple does make quality products so you will not have any problems with it and if you ever need any support you know it will be covered with the one year warranty. It is very simple to set up and you don't have to do much to be in connected to the wireless internet. Takes about 5 minutes to set up so no problem there. I also like the face that you can connect your speakers and printer to it and then be able to stream music to your speakers wirelessly and be able to send print jobs to it. I wish it wasn't so expensive but you are paying for quality so it's not a loss.

Good router

from Embarrass, WI

Comments about Apple AirPort Express Base Station:

The Apple airport express is really tiny and very portable. That is what I like about it most you can take it along with you whenever you are traveling. It looks really good and is very sleek. It is also very simple to set up and will hardly take you any time to have it up and running. It supports wireless n so you get faster speeds and a much better range around your house which is definitely an added bonus. You can also connect a printer or speakers to it and then be able to stream music wirelessly or send something to print to your printer wirelessly. The only drawback is its price. It is pretty expensive but what you pay for is great quality and wonderful service so if price is not an issue for you then this is ideal router.

Best router

Comments about Apple AirPort Express Base Station:

I love the Apple airport express. It is really compact and portable and very good when it comes to looks. It supports wireless n which is the latest technology when it comes to wireless connections. It hardly takes any time to set up and it is very easy to set up. Comes with a cd which has the software that you need to have to be able to do the set up. I also like the fact that it has a usb port so you can hook up your printer so you can wirelessly print to it and there is an audio port on it as well so you can connect your speakers and then you can use them wirelessly from your computer or ipod, ipad or iphone. This is a very cool feature and I haven't seen it in any other router. It is a little more expensive than the other routers available but you are paying for quality.

Awesome router

Comments about Apple AirPort Express Base Station:

So I was looking for a good router which would be light weight and compact because I need to travel a lot and would have to carry it along with me everywhere I go. Since I have a lot of Apple products I came across the Apple airport express and started reading up on the reviews. The airport express is a very nice router. It may be a little expensive but trust me you are paying for good quality and great service. You just cannot go wrong with Apple products in general. This being no exception. It was super easy to set up and within 5 minutes I had wireless internet in my house. Amazing. You can also connect your speakers and a printer so you can hear music wirelessly and print wirelessly too. Which is definitely an added bonus.

Best router for your apartment

from Columbia, MD

Comments about Apple AirPort Express Base Station:

I love my Apple airport express. It is so tiny that it almost feels like the brick on my adaptor for my laptop. You can just pack it in your bag and carry it with you wherever you go. Whenever I am traveling I always take it with me and usually when I have internet in my hotel room I hook this up to create a hot spot so I can access it from my ipad and my laptop. It is really simple to set up and you don't even need any instructions. It took me about 4 mins to have it up and going. I seldom have any problems with it so I don't ever have to reset it. It looks so amazing. Really tiny. Striking white with the silver Apple logo. There is an ethernet port on it so you can hook it up with the internet and then broadcast it wirelessly. It comes with a,b,g and n wireless. N wireless is the latest technology out there so it provides blazing speeds while browsing. It also has a usb port for you to hook up your printer and you can also connect your speakers to eat and hear songs through them.