Other Routers:

Netgear Router

Pros

Cons

Netgear WNR3500L Router is lightning fast

I am the proud owner of the Netgear WNR3500L Router. I bought this a while back when i had trouble with my other router that was not a Netgear brand. I love the lightning fast speed this router has. I can run three laptops and a desktop all at the same time and the Netgear WNR3500L Router will not even slow down at all. i have owned other types/brands of routers through the years. The Netgear Router seems to out weigh them by far. The other routers would slow down as you would add another laptop trying to access the internet. This particular router is the cream of the crop. There has not been any time that the Netgear has failed to do it's job. There are so many products that claim to be number one, the best in the market and the only one of it's kind. The Netgear Router truely does what it says it will. This has the more bang for your buck. The price was the same as other brands that i have purchased before. If in the future I have to purchase another due to ware and tare, it will most definately be a Netgear.

Great range, terrible firmware with WNR3500L Netgear router

You are looking at a great product if you are concerned with the range of a wireless router but if you are not in for firmware troubles then you should not even go close to this router.  I love the speed and everything but I have had so many problems with the firmware crashing on me even though I have kept the original firmware.  Antenna design is the best ever as it gives you a large coverage and a very fast speed.  Setup it very easy and its pretty much plug and play.  The price almost makes you ignore the crashing problems and go for one, but as I mentioned before it might get a bit frustrating. I have heard my friends that they put customized firmware on the Netgear routers that makes it easier to maintain and also comes down to have to crash at all.

All in all, if you are on a budget cut then go for this router you should be able to pull it off since there are ways to fix the firmware problems, be careful not to void the warranties.

Good product for the price

Comments about Netgear Router:

I bought this product after I switch internet companies and decided to get my own instead of my providers. Having never dealt with routers, I think this device does everything I require of it. The setup was a breeze (about 5 minutes), I am able to use all of my devices, at one time (5) with no problems, and its range is great throughout my whole two bedroom apartment and extending to outside. I cannot comment on its reliability for someone who is a hardcore gamer, but for the casual internet user, this router is great. I can say that the performance of my internet service is a lot better since having this router.

I love the speed this router provides. There are no hitches or delays in performance.

The way it is built in a standup capacity, I don't think it would last long in a high traffic environment.

Setup & Ease of Use
Setup was easy. It took me know time at all thanks to the easy instructions.

Service & Support
I have not needed to rely on any service or support technicians at this point.

• Service & Support:

Very good product. Very good for the price.

Comments about Netgear Router:

This is a very good product. They say you get what you pay for. Well, with this router you get much more. We have used it for over a year now and it has given us no problems. Love it!

The performance of this product is very good. It is very easy to hook up and maintains on at all times with no hassle.

This Netgear router is very durable. I've dropped it. It has fallen off the desk into the floor. It has been stepped on. Not once has it failed me. It is Very durable. We have even had power outages and it has never given us any problems.

Setup & Ease of Use
The setup of this product is very, very simple. All the information is provided and you don't have to worry about it being in the wrong language! You can leave the settings as they are or create your own custom settings.

Service & Support
So far I have had no problems with this product so I have not had to deal with any support on it. I am sure that if I needed the support It would be very easy to get and the staff would be very nice.

pretty good overall

Comments about Netgear Router:

I've had some big issues with this router before. I had to bring one back but the one that I replaced it with works pretty well. I really didn't want to pay so much for a router but we have a lot of devices that use the internet so I decided to go for it. I think it was good for the price and set up was definitely easier than with some other routers.

I can use pinterest while my husband uses XBOX live and I can have my phone connected to the WIFI at the same time without a lot of problems.

The connection ports are not very tight or strong so if it falls over the cords come unplugged or lose and then it doesn't work

Setup & Ease of Use
set up was really easy! The help website is easy to use and very helpful with connection problems or slow internet issues. You can also see how many people are connected which is good because we live in an apartment so that's a big issue.

Service & Support
I haven't had to call the support line because the website has had the answer to every problem I've had.

Wireless Router

from Eastlake, OH

Comments about Netgear Router:

I needed to purchase this router quickly as our previous one went out without warning. This router was the only one in my price point. I have been very pleased with its performance. We have had a spell of rough weather and our power has been out several times. The router has restarted every time without too much effort. The signal is strong throughout our ranch-style house, and I have been able to get a signal in the near outside of my house.

We live in a small ranch house all on one floor. This router works well here. I can get a weak signal outside in the driveway and depending on conditions I can go near my garage.

I cannot comment too much on durability as I have only had the router for a few months.

Setup & Ease of Use
I had a few issues upon set-up. The router was slow in warming up.

Service & Support
As mentioned in the previous category, I had a few issues at setup. I was able to call customer service and was walked through the problem. After a power outage I needed to consult them again and received the help I needed. Of course, as with most helplines, the wait on the telephone was long. Your patience will pay off as the operators were helpful.

The Netgear 3500 Router is adequate at best

from Skokie, IL

Comments about Netgear Router:

I had the Netgear 3500 wireless router for several months until I changed over to At&T's fiber optic lines. The router did work decently with my pc on an ethernet connection. However, connecting to a wireless PC 3 feet away was in and out. Plus, the wireless range of the router was not as good as with the Motorola router that replaced it.

worked decently with an ethernet connection. Weak wireless range; some connection problems with printer. Also, it wouldn't do 1-push detection with Netgear extenders.

seemed like it was lasting reasonably well.

Setup & Ease of Use
worked with the PC. Wireless printer drops required frequent reboots.

Service & Support
I could follow the written and pdf customer service documents. I did not call support.

Great range, terrible firmware with WNR3500L Netgear router

from San Jose, CA

So-so Router

from Melbourne, FL

Comments about Netgear Router:

I bought this router to replace my older model. It's an alright product at product that offers go iodnternet connectivity when you need it. One of the minor downsides is the flimsy stand it comes with. It's bends easily, although it's not really a neccessary part that contributes to the functionability of the router. The router is usually works fine although it tends to cut out briefly on random occassions. It's not very noticable if you're surfing the web or just looking online in general, but it's a real pain if you're an online gamer. The instability with the random disconnections will in turn disconnect you from your games. If you don't mind having to reset the router a few times a month then it's no problem. Personally I wouldn't recommend this router to anyone, but it's affordable and you get what you pay for. The setup for this router is quick and easy, around 5 minutes if you know what you're doing.

It could be better

from Philadelphia, PA

Comments about Netgear Router:

I consider myself an expert computer user. I bougt **NetGear WNR3500L Router **about 6 month ago. I read a lot about this model before I did this decision. It is not bad device but it has it is own bugs (errors :) ). I thought that I had problems with my internet provider and wrote many times to techical support. I was upset 3 days long with a poor internet support but then I found out the solution of my problem and the reason of it was my netgear router. This black box blocked my calls via xlite tool. I rolled back to two previous versions and now it works fine. I found a list of bugs in this model and now if I have any problem - I try to find this problem in this list. No other complains. Wireless signal is quite strong and is able to go far distances. Do not forget to restart it from time to time

Minus: the price is too high. I would reduce it twice.

I recommend  it to my friends and other customers.

great router

from Herriman, UT

Comments about Netgear Router:

Awesome router. put dd-wrt or tomato on it and that makes it just awesome, so many more option and settings you can do. i love it. the price is a little but on sale it is well worth the money. gigabit ports is great with n 300 mbps is awesome for HD movies, hd tv, or anyhting else you need to stream over the router. much fatser then other routers. installing dd-wrt was easy just follow the guide lines on website

Sleek, functional & fast!

from Edmonds, WA

Comments about Netgear Router:

Besides the sleek dark appearance, this router outperforms my past routers. I was able to set up a wireless network with advanced settings in under 5 minutes. The router menu seemed very efficient and I never actually had the read the manual. It has four ports which work as advertised and the wireless n was extremely fast. With all the new devices supporting that spectrum now, it was an upgrade that I really appreciated once I experienced it. With past routers, we all come to know and hate spotty service. In a large home, the wireless coverage was really quite good. It handled multiple iphones at once while also streaming xbox 360 and laptop. It definitely can handle the traffic and I really enjoyed the easy ability to tweak different settings without thinking too hard.