3.9

3.9

Pros

Cons

• Service & Support:

The NetGear WND3300 makes surfing the net a breeze!

My household purchase the NetGear WND3300 about 9 months ago.  The reason we were in the market for a new Router was because our old one was slowing us down.  The recent addition of laptops to our lives had increased our inter-net usage threefold.  This meant that we were on the Net all of the time and of course we wanted faster and faster speeds.  Then we discovered wireless.  Needless to say our old router was not up to the task.  After several months or research and discussion we decided upon the NetGear Brand.  Research indicated that the NetGear brand was the best bang for our buck in a home setting with 3-4 computers.  We have one desktop and 3 laptops.  The laptops connect wirelessly.  We also wanted a router that could offer us speed.  There is nothing worse than a slow inter-net connection.

So after much debate, we chose the NetGear WND3300.  It has performed great.  Our inter-net speed is super fast.  Our connection never drops and even when all three laptops are connected to the wed, we do not experience a decrease in downloads.

If you are in the market for a wireless router, I highly recommend the NetGear WND3300.  You can connect up to 4 devices including a printer.  This router is perfect for in home use.  You will not regret purchasing this router.

I would not use a Netgear Wireless Router.

Maybe a Netgear Wireless Router, WNDR3300, works for some, but ffom my experience it was difficult to hook up and not only that, but it also never worked! I tried everything. I called Netgear about it, had a professional install it for me, the had another proffesional install it for me, troubleshooted, visited the Netgear Customer website, everything. I could not get it working and neither could anyone else, even the professionals...

Maybe it was just my conditions and Internet Service Provider or something like that, but Netgear Wireless Routers will not work for me. I have seen reviews where it works reat for some customers, but overall most reviews say it was, at the least, very difficult to hook up.

Had I ever installed any kind of Wireless Router before? No, but I am technologically inclined. And I also know for a fact that I was setting it up correctly. I hope everyone got some use from this. I am not trying to discourage anyone from buying or not buying a Netgear Wireless Router. I am just speaking from my own personal experience.

Simple set up

Comments about Netgear RangeMax Wireless Router:

This was the easiest wireless router set up that I have ever had. Comes with simple instructions that actually work and get you wireless internet very quickly. My previous router always had set up issues and I would spend so much time getting it to work properly whenever I had to move it. This one easily transferred from one house to another without any problems, just plug in and go! The blue light on top is fun, but I really appreciate that it turns off by pressing it. Otherwise the bright light would have quickly gotten annoying. I store mine in an armoire on my house first floor and for the most part I get good signal throughout the house. One issue I have found is that there are definite dead zones, but luckily they are small and I can easily move to a different spot in the room and find super strong signal. I also have to reset it about once a week when the signal starts to go in and out really badly, but I have always had to do this with routers.

Awesome router

Comments about Netgear RangeMax Wireless Router:

My husband bought this router for our home. We live in a two bedroom condo on the second floor. Our iphones connect to either band on the router 5ghz or 2.4ghz but he has it set up so that our roku and laptop connect to the 2.4ghz and our iphones and ipad to the 5ghz. This way, the wifi network does not get bogged down. The wifi distance is pretty good as well. I can go anywhere on our unit without diminishing the wifi signal. The router also has guest wifi networks that are also split for 2.4ghz and 5ghz. This router is awesome to say the least.

• Service & Support:

This is a top notch router

Comments about Netgear RangeMax Wireless Router:

Great features with the dual band wifi. I have this router set up at our unit in a condo complex on the second floor. I can go from one end of the unit to the other side without diminishing the wifi connection. I went into my closet, which has mirror doors, in the room farthest from the router and the wifi connection went down only one bar. I like the dual band feature which allows me to separate the newer electronics that connect to 5ghz band and the older electronics which only recognize the 2.4ghz.

NETGEAR WIRELESS ROUTER

from Willows, CA

Comments about Netgear RangeMax Wireless Router:

I PURCHASED THE WIRELESS ROUTER SO WHEN MY BROTHER CAME THIS WAY IN HIS CAMPER HE COULD GET ON LINE  IT WORKS GREAT HE PARKS ABOUT 500 FEET BEHIND OUR HOUSE AND GETS FULL STRENGTH, WHEN MY DAUGHTER COMES TO VISIT SHE DOES WORK ON HER LAPTOP AND NEVER HAS A PROBLEM  I WOULD RECOMMEND THE WNDR3300 WIRELESS FOR ANYONE WHO NEEDS ONE

This modem will drop you like a hotrock.

from Fultondale, AL

Comments about Netgear RangeMax Wireless Router:

This modem performed horribly. I was getting booted off of the internet about every 20 minutes and it would take me about 10 more minutes to get back on the web. I don't consider myself the type to be overly critical, but criticism must be given where it is due. The customer service at Netgear is really horrendous as well. If you can understand what they're saying it usually doesn't make any sense. They were not very helpful at all. It would have been so much of a hassle to package and ship my unit back to them, so I cut my losses and went out and bought another modem that, needless to say, was not netgear.

Great signal!

from Indianapolis, IN

Comments about Netgear RangeMax Wireless Router:

My cell phone has never caused problems with interference. The signal strength is great! I get signal in every room plus on my balcony outside. Setup is easy, and it works very well with AT&T and with my Mac.

wndr3300 fantastic connections

from Summerville, SC

Comments about Netgear RangeMax Wireless Router:

the Netgear WNDR3300 does it allit is fast capable of streaming video to your tv or just a great wifi network for your pCS it is easy to connect the signal is strong and easy to connect to other computers I love it's speed reliability and versatility I bought it to stream video to the Tv as well as to keep the Pc's online and it's never let me down

Works well if you have 2.4 HZ security system

from Smyrna, TN

Comments about Netgear RangeMax Wireless Router:

This router has worked well for what I intended which is to give me a dual band signal where I could get the 5.0 HZ. I have a security system that runs at 2.4 HZ  and the standard wireless runs at this same frequency. The issues I have is that you cannot just set it to pick the 5.0HZ on your computer if you are using their jump drive. The program will pick, what it senses, is the best frequency to connect to and the 2.4HZ is a default. It would be good to have something in this program that will allow you to override this and pick the 5.0 HZ.When it picks the 2.4HZ it will then kick out with interference from my security system and this kicks your wireless single out before it try's to move to the 5.0HZ on the N Dual band. Then when it senses the 2.4HZ is again available you are kicked off wireless and it try's to go back to the 2.4HZ. This defeats it's purpose. Poor customer service in resolving issues.

I would not use a Netgear Wireless Router.

from Robertsdale, AL

Netgear WNDR3300 Powerful Yet Weak

from Washington, DC

Comments about Netgear RangeMax Wireless Router:

I brought the Netgear WNDR3300 Wireless Router for its price and features.  This was the cheapest router I found that would allow me to broadcast on two ranges simultaneously.  This was especially important as I live with multiple roommates, some who do not have Wireless N while others do.  I also picked this router as I was able to format it with custom firmware of DD-WRT, which makes the router much more powerful.  While there are many features to like, the router unfortunately only has internal antennas, which greatly reduces the range of the wireless network,  Furthermore, other have complained that this router, if used with the standard firmware is quite underwhelming in power.  There is also the problem that the top of the router has a large blue light that cannot be turned off, unless DD-WRT is loaded.  If you possess the knowledge to upload this custom firmware and live in a space that is quite small, I would consider this router, or else stay away,