Other Primers:
Napoleon Perdis
Napoleon Perdis Auto Pilot Pre-Foundation Primer

Napoleon Perdis Auto Pilot Pre-Foundation Primer

My first experience with Napoleon Perdis is a disappointment!

from Camp Lejeune, NC

Comments about Napoleon Perdis Auto Pilot Pre-Foundation Primer:

I recently went to the Marine Corps Ball, and decided that that was a good time to try out a product that is supposed to make my makeup last longer...or so I thought.  Not only did this product not do anything my moisturizer already does, it contains below-average ingredients.

I was under the impression that this product was similar to [Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer][1] .  Not necessarily a product I need, but for the formal occasion, I thought it was a great time to try a product that would extend the life of my makeup.

**Napoleon Perdis **says** Auto Pilot Pre-Foundation Primer**: "helps strengthen and smooth skin's texture" and "provides instant hydration for all skin types and helps makeup last even longer."  That sounded exactly like what other foundation primers that I have used did, so I was really surprised when this product turned out to be a totally different kind of product.

The texture of this primer is like a thin lotion.  It rubs in very easily and leaves your face feeling moisturized.  It ***does not ***go on or feel like a typical foundation primer.  This left my face feeling slightly oily instead of absorbing instantly like most primers do.  My makeup went on the same as it always does when I use a moisturizer.  In fact, this product works and feels exactly like a moisturizer, not at all like a foundation primer.  It didn't make my makeup last any longer than normal, which is what I was going for since it was for a formal occasion.

Besides not doing what it claimed, I also don't like the scent or ingredients.  The scent smells like strong perfume, and perfume gives me a headache.  I don't like the ingredients because this product contains two types of parabens.  Overall, I think **Napoleon Perdis Auto Pilot Pre-Foundation Primer** is a mis-labeled, strongly scented moisturizer made with sub-par ingredients.  I wouldn't use it again and am glad this was only a sample.

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Smashbox-Photo-Finish-Foundation-Primer-review-3a94