4.8

Mustela Foam Shampoo For Newborns

4.8

Pros

Cons

I still use this baby shampoo for my toddler!

from Chino, CA

Comments about Mustela Foam Shampoo For Newborns:

Mustela makes a great baby shampoo because the most important factor for me was that the shampoo was easy on the baby's skin and it didn't sting their eyes. When my baby was a newborn, I used this to wash his hair, and there were many times when I tried to wash it off with water and some of the soap accidentally streamed down to his eyes, but it never bothered him at all! He was completely fine with it, and never cried when any soap accidentally got into his eyes. It really is tear-free and it claims to be unlike some other baby shampoos that claim to be tear free but aren't 100% tear free. Therefore, I use Mustela shampoo on my kid to this very day. He is now almost 2 years old. I love being able to wash his hair every day and not have to worry if the shampoo will sting his eyes because he loves to play with the water and then gets soap all over his hands and wipes it into his face all the time. There has never been a time when he has cried because there was soap in his eyes. It's amazing!

The shampoo works well to clean the baby's hair, and you only need to apply a small amount.

There is a very nice subtle, clean smell afterwards. Nothing too strong at all, but still smells really good.

Mustela Foam Shampoo is the only one we'll use.

from Franklin, TN

Comments about Mustela Foam Shampoo For Newborns:

My baby developed really bad cradle cap when he was about two months old. We tried nearly every brand of baby shampoo on the market, plus special cradle cap treatments, but nothing worked. At the suggestion of our daycare teacher, we used Selsun Blue, which did clear up the cradle cap. However, I couldn’t stand the idea of just using an adult dandruff shampoo on my infant’s head, so after scrubbing his head with the Selsun Blue, I would follow up with Mustela Foam Shampoo. I felt like it would be gentle on his irritated scalp and his baby hair, and it was. Once we finally eliminated the cradle cap, we started washing his hair with just the Mustela Foam Shampoo and the cradle cap never returned. So for us it wasn’t necessarily a cradle cap cure, but it did work well for cradle cap prevention. We are still using Mustela Foam Shampoo nearly a year and a half later. My son’s scalp is healthy and his hair is shiny and soft. The foam and the pump dispenser are so convenient. I just pump a couple of puffs of foam right onto his head and it doesn’t run into his eyes. However, if it does get into his eyes when I rinse it off, it doesn’t seem to bother him. Most importantly, it doesn’t irritate his otherwise sensitive skin. Mustela Foam Shampoo is one of the more expensive brands out there, but a bottle lasts a long time, and I’ll pay any price for my son’s comfort. Since we’ve had so much success with Mustela, I don’t see us changing brands any time soon.

It's not a great smell, but it's not bad either.

Gentle and Smells Amazing!

Comments about Mustela Foam Shampoo For Newborns:

We were given the Mustela newborn shampoo as a gift and we loved it so much that we make sure we had it on hand for the birth of our second baby.
It is gentle, doesn't leave any residue, and smells absolutely devine. Friends and family would always comment on how nice our baby smelled and I couldn't agree more. Now the smell of the Mustela newborn shampoo will always remind me of my babies and the joy of holding them in my arms!

My first daughter had a very mild case of cradle cap and it was completely gone after one wash with Mustela's newborn shampoo. Also, we've tried other shampoos and this one is the easiest to rinse out and doesn't leave any residue.

It is now one of my all-time-favorite smells ever. It will always remind me of my baby girls. Total bliss.

Even with the scent, it did WONDERS for baby's cradle cap

from Kalamazoo, MI

Comments about Mustela Foam Shampoo For Newborns:

I've tried everything to help with my son's cradle cap. Sure, it doesn't hurt the baby to have unsightly flakes in their hair, but oh-- the smell.... I've wondered why my newborn smelled so bad to me all the time, even right after baths. It ended up being the cradle cap causing the terrible stench. I've tried all different kind of brands of shampoos-- only to come to discover that this newborn foaming shampoo did wonders. People say to avoid scented anything for cradle cap-- and Mustela products have perfume-- but it worked like a charm. I actually LOVE the scent of the Mustela Hair and Body shampoo which I use on my older child, but the foaming shampoo worked well for the cradle cap.

Outstanding product

from Modesto, CA

Comments about Mustela Foam Shampoo For Newborns:

Love this product. It worked so well when my son had cradle cap but I still use it now and he's going to be 2 next week. I love the smell and he loves to wash himself with the foam.
This is a product that I will continue to use with any new children we might have. Also great to give as gifts.

It took my son's cradle cap away with in the first couple of uses. Works and smells great!

Cradle cap cure

from Orlando, FL

Comments about Mustela Foam Shampoo For Newborns:

My 7 month old son started to get cradle cap just under his hair a few months ago. I tried what worked when my 2 year old was a baby. Olive oil, soft toothbrush.. it just wasn't working and I felt it was getting worse with our cooler weather moving in. I can honestly say I have seen 75% improvement in 2 uses.

It is very easy to use. Simply apply the foam to the wet scalp, massage in and let it sit for a few minutes and so its magic. It is thick enough that I can apply it, put my son in his tub and play while it works.. then just rinse it away. It smells amazing and the scent last a very long time on his hair. It leaves his blonde hair very clean but soft and I can see more of his scalp after only two washes. I am looking forward to using it tonight again. It can be used every day it is so gentle. The price may be high for some.. but buying a few bottles of "cheap" stuff that doesn't work will end up costing you more in the long run.

Only thing that takes care of cradle cap!

from Draper, UT

Comments about Mustela Foam Shampoo For Newborns:

My oldest son had the worst cradle cap.  After trying several different products we had a friend suggest that we try the Mustela Foaming Shampoo with a soft baby brush.  It was amazing.  The results were immediate.  With out second son we started using the Mustela Foaming Shampoo with his first bath.  I am not sure if he didn't have the same problem with cradle cap, or if it was because we started using this right from the get go, but he has not had any problems with cradle cap at all.  The bottle seems to last a long time.  As I said, we used it with my first son for over 6 months, let a friend use it for about 6 months and we have been using it for almost 3 months with my baby and I think there is enough left that we shouldn't need to buy anymore.  It is a little expensive, but I think it's totally worth the price to have a nice, soft, flake free scalp on my babies.  Don't be scared off by the price, it's worth it!!

Great newborn shampoo

from Carlsbad, CA

Comments about Mustela Foam Shampoo For Newborns:

Mustela foam shampoo for newborns has been great for our baby.  He started getting cradle cap and Mustela foam shampoo has really helped his skin.  We were not using it at first and once we started using it we noticed a difference.  The Mustela shampoo and other products all smell really great.  I love the way our baby smells after we use them.  The Mustela brand and this shampoo are pretty expensive though.  Our baby has sensitive skin and we feel the Mustela shampoo works well for him.  I do not know how long we will be using this shampoo though with the expensive price tag.  I guess as long as it is working for our baby’s skin.  We got a bottle at our shower and have still been using it.  I use Johnson and Johnson for his body wash, but this shampoo seems to work just a little better than the Johnson and Johnson baby shampoo.  I always recommend this to any one who has a baby with cradle cap.

The best!

from San Bruno, CA

Comments about Mustela Foam Shampoo For Newborns:

It is extremely mild to your baby's skin and works wonderfully on cradle cap. Only after few times using it, my baby boy didn't have any cradle cap. Of course, with other brands,if your baby's cradle cap is not severe, it will go away eventually. This product just helps shortening that time I think as it works really well. I love the smell too...there's something special in this product's fragrance. If you do not like sort of artificial fragrance, you may not like it, but I found myself keep sniffing on my boy's head after using it! I would definitely recommand this product to other moms.

The best!

from Banks, OR

Comments about Mustela Foam Shampoo For Newborns:

Mustella is a great brand that I feel good about using on my daughter.  I received a bath set for my shower and am now hooked on it.  The quality is worth the price tag.

My daughter has sensitive skin and I have to be careful about what I use on her.  The foam shampoo works great.  It smells amazing, like a baby should smell!  Yet it isn't overpowering.  It also doesn't bother her skin, which is the most important thing.

One bottle lasts a very long time.  Granted my daughter has very little hair, but we are still using the bottle we were given at my shower.  It's been 1.5 years!  A little bit goes a long way!  I wash her hair every other day, and this thing really lasts.  Like I said, you may spend a bit upfront, but it lasts a long long time.

I love Mustella products so much that I now give them out for shower gifts.  They make a baby smell like a baby should smell, fresh, clean, and babyish!