Other Baby Shampoo & Body Washes:
California Baby Super Sensitive Shampoo & Bodywash

California Baby Super Sensitive Shampoo & Bodywash

Pros

Cons

Perfect for babies or anyone with sensitive skin.

When I worked in the body care aisle at [Whole Foods Market][1] , **California Baby Super Sensitive Shampoo & Bodywash **was a huge seller for babies *and *adults.  It is well-known for being one of the most gentle shampoo/body washes on the market in the world of natural products.  People would buy it for their babies because it doesn't have a scent and because it is made with natural ingredients.  Adults with very sensitive skin would use it because of the lack of irritants, fragrance and artificial ingredients.

***California* *Baby* *says*: **"California Baby's concentrated, extremely mild, no fragrance formula is made to gently cleanse and soothe the most sensitive skin. California Baby's Super Sensitive Shampoo & Bodywash may be used for hair, face and body. Leaves hair noticeably shiny, soft and manageable."

I like that this product is a shampoo and body wash all-in-one.  My son doesn't have sensitive skin, but the gentle ingredients don't bother his eyes and it cleans his hair and skin with all natural ingredients.  I know that it is supposed to be fragrance-free, but I do miss having a nice smell in my son's hair when he gets out of the bath.

**California Baby Super Sensitive Shampoo & Bodywash is:**

- Tear-free
- All natural
- Free of nut oils, gluten, soy, oat or dairy (common allergens)
- Biodegradable
- Fragrance-free
- Paraben-free

**The Scoop!**

Whether the **Super** **Sensitive** **Shampoo** **&** **Bodywash** is for a baby or an adult with sensitive skin, you will be happy with this product.  If you are interested in other California Baby Super Sensitive products, they also make: hair conditioner, bubble bath, lotion and sunscreen.

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Whole-Foods-Alexandria-VA-review-20d96

I dumped it a week after I bought this

Actually my daughter didn't have any skin problem and eczema before. I had been used aveeno baby shampoo and wash since my baby was born. Because I just wanted to try other products, I searched and read a lot of reviews about baby shampoo & wash. And I decided to try it after I read many good reviews about California baby. And I thought "Super Sensitive" Shampoo & Bodywash would be better and mild thought my baby doesn't have sensitive skin.

After first time use, I actually didn't realized it's because of this baby wash. I founded that my daughter had a rash all over her body next morning. I traced back what she ate the day before. But Nothing special! I and Nurse didn't found out what's the reason. And it lasted for about 2~3 days with her itching and scratching..

After 2nd time use....I'm so surprised and didn't want to believe it. Red Rash again!! (It's like big mosquitoe bites) So I dumped it a week after I bought this. Needless to say, we're not going to use this with her again.

I think many moms and babies like this product. But Be aware that just because it says super sensitive, it does not mean it is good for all. Please test before you buy it if possible.

My two girls use Burt's Bees shampoo now. Though the price is higher than California baby product I satisfied.

Best shampoo and body wash combo out there, hands down!

Comments about California Baby Super Sensitive Shampoo & Bodywash:

California Baby Super Sensitive Shampoo and Bodywash has no scent at all, and is great for baby's sensitive skin (even newborns!). My son is 11 months old, and this is still the only shampoo/body wash that does NOT make his skin break out. We have used it since we brought him home from the hospital, and have tried a few others things in the meantime, and always come back to this product!

Baby's skin is clean after using this product and it easily washes off. I use a few pumps, which gets us through his entire bath, and I am able to lather him up and fully rinse it off quickly (and when you are dealing with a wiggly, slippery baby, time is of the essence!).
Baby smells nice and fresh after his bath, but due to the unscented body wash, he doesn't have a fragrance on him- he just smells like a baby!

I love that this product is unscented. This was extremely important to us because my son was a preemie, which makes him even more sensitive to scents and fragrances than other babies. And, he is completely fine with this California Baby product. (Never any issues with his skin or breathing). We are tough critics, and we love this shampoo and body wash!

So gentle!

from Voorhees, NJ

Comments about California Baby Super Sensitive Shampoo & Bodywash:

We absolutely love this body wash, it is our go to soap for our infant daughter. It does seem to be quite expensive, but it really does last forever. We got one big bottle when our daughter was born and ten months later it is only 1/4 gone. I also love that this soap is completely natural and safe, and we don't have to worry about it irritating her skin.

This shampoo/body wash does everything we want it to d. Just one pump washes my daughters hair and gets her body clean. It has never irritated her skin or given her a urinary tract infection, and because it is unscented it doesn't leave her smelling like we dumped a bottle of perfume on her.

I really love that this shampoo/ body wash is completely unscented. It's just one less thing to worry about- that the added scents will irritate her skin. I really dislike fake baby scented products, so I love that this soap doesn't have that.

Great for babies!

Comments about California Baby Super Sensitive Shampoo & Bodywash:

Being a first time mom I was very concerned about what to use on my newborn's skin. I did a lot of research, read a lot of reviews, and talked to fellow mothers about the best wash to use for my baby. California Baby shampoo and bodywash has been great for my baby since birth. I started using it because it's one of the only brands that I don't hear bad things about. My baby has had no reactions at all with any California Baby product. It is a very trustworthy brand and I will be using this brand for many years to come. There is no scent and it is a very mild soap. It has been spashed on and poured on my baby's face (with water) and there has never been any tears. My husband, who has very sensitive skin, has even started using this!

Cleans my baby very well. It washes off very easily and doesn't leave a residue. Very mild yet effective.

There is no scent which is what I want for my baby's sensitive skin.

Awesome, like all of their stuff!

Comments about California Baby Super Sensitive Shampoo & Bodywash:

We try to be as careful as possible about what products we use in our home, especially with our children. From both a safety and an environmental standpoint I have always really liked California Baby. I bought the Super Sensitive when I was pregnant with my youngest and it has been one of our favorites ever since. Even as a newborn it never irritated or dried her skin out and when all of my friend's kids were getting cradle cap mine never got it. Whether that has anything to do with her shampoo I obviously can't say for sure but I suspect that it does. Now that she is a toddler and bath time has become an olympic event I love the convenience of having only one product to wash both her hair and her skin as well as the fact that it lathers well and a little goes a long way. It also rinses very easily, so important, especially with a toddler who hates having the shampoo rinsed out of her hair. And it also makes a nice sudsy "bubble bath" which she adores.

California baby is great for really sensitive baby skin

Comments about California Baby Super Sensitive Shampoo & Bodywash:

California baby Sensitive is just awesome. My child gets really bad winter skin, and we had tried a lot of things, but this works by far the best for the winter months. It soothes her skin and actually helps to heal the areas of irritation. It smells great and is easy on her eyes if she gets any in there.

sensitive baby bodywash and shampoo

Comments about California Baby Super Sensitive Shampoo & Bodywash:

This is a great product for babys with extra dry skin, or for a child who breaks out over anything and everything. I was skeptical when my mother in-law said this was the best thing to use for my baby girl. But when I used it I was amazed at how it didn't break her out like everything eles.

Perfect for sensitive skin!

Comments about California Baby Super Sensitive Shampoo & Bodywash:

I love this shampoo and body wash! My son had eczema pretty much from the moment he was born. It continued to get worse over time. Soaps tend to aggravate eczema. This one does not! Hot water also aggravates eczema and other skin conditions. I found some of the other "sensitive" washes required hot water to fully lather and rinse off. California Baby cleans and washes off easily with only luke warm water.

I love the smell (or lack thereof) of this! My baby is now 3 years old and he gets surprisingly dirty. This soap has cleaned any and every big mess he has managed to get himself into. It even gets sharpie permanent marker off skin.

I have noticed that it tends to dry out your skin, which is particularly bad for eczema. It's still much better than other soaps! I just make it a point to put lotion on after we use this in the shower. It pairs really well with the California Baby Calendula Cream.

Great for eczema

from Medford, NY

Comments about California Baby Super Sensitive Shampoo & Bodywash:

My children have eczema and I use California Baby Super Sensitive Shampoo and Body wash to bathe and wash their hair. I used many different sensitive shampoos and body washes before finding California Baby and they all irritated my children's skin. Although it is pretty expensive, a bottle will last a good amount of time and is worth every penny in being gentle on their sensitive skin. It also smells very nice and I love that there aren't any harsh and unnecessary chemicals in it. We prefer organic products and look for as natural as we can get when it comes to hygienic products. As most of the time the child is having an allergic reaction to a chemical that is in a product. So the best thing is to avoid products with chemicals. Even if your child isn't having a reaction on the outside to other shampoos and body washes, it is best to use a chemical free product anyway. Since there is no reason for harmful chemicals to be in a children's shampoo and body wash.

Way too expensive for normal skin/thick hair

Comments about California Baby Super Sensitive Shampoo & Bodywash:

My neighbor told me that this bodywash & shampoo was a great product and that she used it on both her kids, so I went to the nearest Wholefoods and bought some to try on my then 5 year old daughter. It was not cheap! For the price of a small bottle, I could get 3-4 bottles of other name brand childrens Shampoos/Body Washes.

The smell was great and it is tearfree, so it had those going for it, and I heard that for children with skin issues, it works wonders. Since my daughter has normal skin, we didn't reap any additional benefits compared to using Johnson & Johnson or other children's bath products. Also, as a shampoo, it is mild, so she needed to use quite a bit for her thick hair; maybe for babies it would work better.

If your children have skin conditions or fine hair, California Baby might be worth it for you; for children & babies with normal skin, you can get much better bang for your buck with other children's bath products.

Love it

Comments about California Baby Super Sensitive Shampoo & Bodywash:

This is a great shampoo and baby wash for newborns and toddlers. I chose it because I wanted to avoid the harsh and harmful chemicals that the big companies put in baby shampoos. I am confident that this shampoo is made out of the finest ingredients. The company is very reputable and reliable. I also like how it is made by an environmentally friendly company. The shampoo does not irritate my children's skin or eyes. It is very sensitive yet does a good job of cleaning dirty skin and oily hair. It makes a nice lather. The pump top is convenient. I even use this shampoo because it leaves a nice clean feeling. It is expensive though so I do not like to waste it by using it for bubble bath or hand soap. I buy it on amazon to save money.

Not hard to wash off skin but does a good job cleaning. Sensitive enough for my newborn.

The scent is very faint. It does not bother my newborn or toddler.