3.5

3.5

Pros

Cons

• Immediacy:

Loved cleanser and moisturizer, but exfoliating gel too harsh!

I have really sensitive skin, and have issues with adult acne.  I bought the Murad acne kit hoping to find something that would work with both of my issues.  Most products are good for one or the other, but not both.    I really like the cleanser.  It makes my skin tingle and feel refreshed, and it isn't harsh.   The exfolliating treatment gel was another story.  I only used it once a day, as I knew there would be some irritation.  It cleared up my acne very well.  Unfortunately, the second morning after using it, I woke to find my face swollen and red!  I had to discontinue use.  The spot treatment didn't bother me as much, though I did notice some pinkness.  The moisturizer was fantastic. It really had the perfect amount of moisture.  It didn't leave me feeling oily, or too dry.  I actually wrote the company about my reaction to the treatment gel, and they sent me samples of a moisturizing acne treatment gel, and while it isn't as effective as the exfolliating gel, it still works pretty well, and doesn't bother my skin.

Over all, I like Murad products, but not all the products in the kit are for everyone.  I have purchased full sized bottles of the cleaner and moisturizer, and highly recommend them, even for sensitive skin.

Decent, but you could get the same product cheaper

I'm trying to get rid of my acne and I've tried everything, down to Accutane.

I'm trying to get rid of my acne and I've tried everything, down to Accutane.

I opted for Murad in hopes of finding a product, or series of products that would, in combination, clear up what nothing else has.

The three step process is nothing but salicylic acid. The cleanser is a cleanser and toner together, so if you get it near your nose or eyes, it stings. The "treatment" is 2% (I think) salicylic acid, and the moisturizer is just traditional moisturizer. There is also a spot treatment that is sulfur based. It is a poor value for the money and anyone could buy similar products in a drug store and, in combination, get clearer skin. I've continued to have breakouts while using the products, only now instead of deep cystic acne, I have large whiteheads.

Murad Acne Complex Kit

Comments about Murad Acne Complex Kit:

I bought the Murad Acne Complex Kit system after seeing numerous commercials for this skin care line. After seeing them over and over, I think I was a little brainwashed. My aunt was using the Murad skin care system for wrinkles, and she was impressed with her results. I ordered the Acne Complex Kit for an extremely high price. I usually don't spend much on acne products because they never work, but the commercials had me convinced this was the answer to my prayers. This skin care system was horrible and time consuming. There are five parts to this system! By the time I was done each night, my face felt like there was an inch thick layer of product on my face. It was very uncomfortable, and the lotion never really absorbed into my skin. I gave this a chance until it was gone, which was about two months. I saw no improvement in my acne, and I started to notice fine lines beside my lips. I'm only 24, and I had never had lines on my face anywhere! I think this skin care regimen was actually damaging my skin.

• Immediacy:

Pricey and not for all skin types

Comments about Murad Acne Complex Kit:

Overall, Murad Acne Complex is pretty amazing stuff. It works VERY well and much faster than the drugstore variety acne cleansers. HOWEVER... it can be quite drying on some skin types. If you have sensitive skin or even get a little dry in areas, Murad will make those areas much more dry and a little flaky. On the high side, the Acne Kit also provides a moisturizer that is wonderful. Your blackheads disappear, your pores shrink right down. In no time at all, you have clear, beautiful acne free skin. Just a little maintenance and you can say goodbye to acne. The price is not for the faint of heart, but it is worth every penny and goes a long way.

Say goodbye to acne, Murad is a miracle worker even on the most stubborn acne and cysts. Adios blackheads, whiteheads and large pores.

Ease of Application
Murad is no more difficult to use than any other product on the market, and easier than some. Just follow the routine they set out for you and you'll be a pro within a few days.

Convenience
Because it is a step system and bottled as such, it is extremely convenient. Just cleanse and move on to the next step that is in a separate container.

Side Effects
It can be fairly drying on some skin types. Keep this in mind and make sure to rinse very well and use the moisturizer.

Immediacy
You will see super fast results as long as you are faithful to your Murad kit. No relapses unless you don't use it routinely or sporadically.

• Immediacy:

Murad very expensive not very effective

Comments about Murad Acne Complex Kit:

Murad what can I say, steps like so many other systems of acne fighting it has steps! I feel like I'm fighting a battle not washing my face and clearing up adult acne! So I paid 29.95 for thirty days of a miracle and they say within three days you will notice a breakthrough! Well all I have to say is miracles cannot be bought for 29.95 plus shipping and handling. Within three days my skin was more oily than it had been before. I hate the smell of Murad! I will say my acne did clear up some however the pores on my cheeks looked huge! And my makeup did not smooth over my face very well after the morning use, because my skin was so greasy. By evening my makeup looked like smudged pastels. So I stopped using Murad. Within a few days of stopping my face was not dripping with oil.

It did minimize acne.

Ease of Application
All the steps are a hassle! Who wants to go through basic training every night in their bathroom?

Convenience
Once again very inconvenient to go through all the steps!

Side Effects
My face was greasy all the time. My makeup looked awful when I was using Murad.

Immediacy
It did begin to clear it up right away.

• Immediacy:

Murad Acne Complex Kit: big price, little results.

Comments about Murad Acne Complex Kit:

I thought the Murad Acne Complex Kit was overpriced for the results I got. My sister in law tried it and loved it so I thought I would give it a whirl but my results were not as good as hers. Very disappointing. I had better results from another well known acne program that's cheaper.

I did not get the results I was hoping for from the Murad Acne Complex Kit- especially for the price. I've gotten better results from less expensive products.

Ease of Application
All acne kits have a lot of different steps and products to apply. The Murad Acne Complex Kit had one more step from the kit I normally use, but it was not a big deal.

Convenience
There is a lot of different product to put on your face! Sometimes you just want to go to bed and not spend 30 min primping your face so you can wake up zit free.

Side Effects
I didn't feel that my skin was any more or less dry with the Murad Acne Complex Kit than with other acne kits. I did feel that my face was more red with it. Kind of weird.

Immediacy
Even though I was not in love with product and will not be purchasing it in the future I would still recommend it to someone looking for a different product to try. Every skin is different. It didn't work for me but it might for you.

• Immediacy:

I love the Murad acne complex kit!

Comments about Murad Acne Complex Kit:

The Murad Acne Complex kit is magnificent. To be fully true I thankfully don't suffer from terrible acne issues but I do suffer from the occasional blemishes. I love working out but all of the sweat causes clogged pores and then later turn to acne. I am so glad I discovered the Murad Acne Complex Kit. I no longer suffer from the occasional blemish. My skin is now perfectly clear and this product is wonderful. I love the face wash because it has such a nice lather! I also really like the moisturizer because it kept my face feeling smooth and hydrated. I would definitely recommend this kit.

This system really is effective. Since I started using it I no longer have skin issues.

Ease of Application
Very easy to follow. There are a lot of steps but well worth the process!

Convenience
There are a lot of steps so not super convenient.

Side Effects
I have experienced no bad side effects!

Immediacy
I could notice a real difference after a week.

Murad Acne Cleansing Kit

Comments about Murad Acne Complex Kit:

Although I wouldn't describe this as a "miracle" product, buying the system when I was in my early twenties really helped to get my skin back from acne. It was powerful, but it didn't feel like I was puttingchemo on my face to kill the acne. It worked well for me, but the price was to prohibitive to consistently buy it. It's a pretty safe bet for those who suffer from acne.

Good product. Helped to clean my face without a chemical feel when I was in my early twenties. The packaging was realistic about product expectations. I was surprised that the claims made on the package were true.

Ease of Application
The bottles and tubes did not offer easy ways to apply the product, but the designs were practical.

Convenience
The application of the products was great. However, not many retailers carried the product, making it difficult to stsy in stock.

Immediacy
I noticed a change in my skin after a about a week using using this. I was very happy with the results.

Amazing kit!

Comments about Murad Acne Complex Kit:

I have been using murad for a little while now (about 2 years) and I found this product really clears up my skin, I love this! Its a bit expensive tho, so your best bet is to buy from amazon

This works really well on acne prone skin types!

Ease of Application
Its so easy to use, you just squirt a small amount on your hand and rub it on!

Side Effects
No side effects for me! But everyones different so, just be careful!

Immediacy
It worked quickly for me, but everyones different!

• Immediacy:

The BEST line for acne control!!!

Comments about Murad Acne Complex Kit:

I can't live without my Murad!!! It's literally the best array of products for acne control and general skin cleansing! I've tried everything under the sun to take care of my skin without it being too strong or not strong enough until I found this line of products. The facial wash leaves my skin feeling clean and fresh, and I immediately use the toner as an addition to my skin routine. It's a MUST try!!!!

Awesome!

from Albuquerque, NM

Comments about Murad Acne Complex Kit:

We tried Proactiv for my son and were very disappointed with it. He broke out worse than ever, so we decided to try the Murad System and were very pleased! It worked for him within the first weekend. We won't try anything else!

Within a couple of days, my son saw a difference!

Best Regimen Available

Comments about Murad Acne Complex Kit:

Wonderful products! Worked on my kids' teen/hormone related acne as well as my own occasional stress related break-outs! We have tried everything from over the counter drugstore treatments to the celebrity promoted kits that are even sold in mall vending machines now. Absolutely nothing worked as well as Dr. Murad's product line. Some can cause reddening (temporary) to sensitive skin, but there are ssensitive and aging skin varieties available. Nothing works better than the spot treatment, which comes in a small tube that fits easily in a purse or pocket for those times when you start to feel a n outbreak or just a single pimple coming on. Caught early enough, the pimple doesn't even erupt; an already visible one (or more) disappears in record time. My son loves the spray on back treatment - no more embarrassment asking Mom to help - he just sprays on and the treatment is done. Two sons, a daughter, a good friend and Mom (me) can't all be wrong!