Other Acne & Blemish Treatments:
Acne Kits
Mary Kay
Mary Kay Velocity Skin Care System

Mary Kay Velocity Skin Care System

Pros

• Easy to use (4)
  • Soothing (3)

• Moderate acne (3)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Budget shopper (3)

Say goodbye to oily skin and hello to velocity!

I used Velocity cleanser many eons of time ago when my aunt lived in the area and became a Mary Kay consultant. I ran out after she moved and decided to try something else for awhile, but I ended up coming back to the Velocity cleanser. It works on my oily skin and the moisturizer replaces and replenishes my lovely facial skin cells. The moisturizer is so lightweight you hardly know it's there, unlike other lotions that feel like they drag your face into the depths of despair and stick it to the slimy half oily walls and leave it there. Velocity cleanser and moisturizer is by far the best stuff there is!

Didn't work for me

I guess it works wonders for other people, I saw no difference. I guess I just don't have the right acne problem or skin for this product?

This product...Read complete review

This product did nothing to keep my skin clear.

Ease of Application
Super easy to use! Just like every other face acne treatment out there, wash and moisturize.

Convenience
Not really convenient in that it's another step in the process in the bathroom every day. But convenient in that it's just another step that I was already doing. It isn't like you have to go out of your way to use it.

Side Effects
I didn't particularly like the moisturizer, I found that it made my skin feel weird, I think it was just so light that it felt like it was really doing anything in some places, and in others I feel more oily. But the places I was more oily weren't the places I was breaking out in. So I guess no adverse side effects, just unpleasant feeling skin for my preferences.

Immediacy
Well considering that it never actually worked for me, I would say immediacy was non existent.

Love this

from Detroit Mi

About Me Budget Buyer

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Hydrates Skin
  • Smells Great
  • Soothing
  • Works Effectively

Comments about Mary Kay Velocity Skin Care System:

I loved this set just got the trial size to try ended up getting a few of the full size items

I loveee this product

from morocco

About Me Budget Buyer

Pros

• Easy To Use
    • Smells Great
    • Soothing

Cons

• Bleaches Fabric

• Adult Acne
    • Blackheads & Whiteheads

Comments about Mary Kay Velocity Skin Care System:

use it every day or once a week

I loved this product

from newyork

About Me Brand Buyer

Pros

• Easy To Use

Comments about Mary Kay Velocity Skin Care System:

I loved how this product is. It puts on very easily and smoothly. I have severe acne and at points it makes me look like i don't have any at all. Their is a large amount that is given in this product and for the price you get an amazing amount. This is my go to product for every occasion its smooth and creamy which helps apply to the section that is necessary. . If your ever looking for a product that has a great amount and will help I would buy this in a heart beat.

Best working acne set that I have tried!

from ferndale, washington

About Me Budget Buyer

Pros

• Easy To Use
      • Hydrates Skin
      • Minimizes Pores
      • Soothing
      • Works Effectively

Cons

• time consuming to use every product in the set

• Adult Acne
      • Blackheads & Whiteheads
      • Inflammatory Acne
      • Severe Acne
      • Teen Acne

Comments about Mary Kay Velocity Skin Care System:

I live my life on a budget but I set aside enough money in our budget every month for me and my three year old daughter to be able to do some girly things and buy girly products, like nail polish, lotions, and face creams. Obviously since she is only three years old she doesn't need acne treatments but I certainly do. I bought this one in the hopes that it would help my skin without being painful to use. I do not get acne every single day and I do not have severe acne that causes my face to always be covered in blemishes. I do however get tiny blackheads from time to time that most acne medications do not get rid of that easily or at all so I have tried many many acne treatments including medicinal prescription treatments to no avail. When I bought this one I was desperate but also convinced that this one would be another dud that didn't work for me. I only originally bought this one because the store was going out of business and this set was only a dollar and some change. I am so glad I bought it though because if I had not then I would still be struggling to get rid of my acne to this day, but instead I just use this set every few days and it keeps my pores minimal, clean, not oily, and dry enough that black heads do not form but not so dry that my skin is itchy or painful. It is a happy medium and it is perfect. One thing that I personal do not like is that one of the items in the set does not smell as nice as the rest of the products but that is only because it is different than the other ones. It is a thick mask type product that you put over the acne covered area for about twenty five minutes or so. It does not sting either unless you have been scratching or picking at the area and have open skin because then it will sting. It is thicker and has kind of a musty scent which only bothers me when I get a blackhead on or around my nose but other than that, that item is my favorite out of the whole set because it works amazingly and instantly. Love it!

Didn't work for me

Comments about Mary Kay Velocity Skin Care System:

This product did nothing to keep my skin clear.

Ease of Application

• Side Effects:
      • Immediacy:

Gets rid of acne

Comments about Mary Kay Velocity Skin Care System:

The Mary Kay Velocity Skin Care System is excellent for teenagers. I am always constantly breaking out, whether it's on my nose or forehead because my face is so oily. After I use the Mary Kay care system, my skin feels so much clean and less oily. It just feels so refreshing and my face is smooth to the touch!

• Ease of Application:
      • Convenience:
      • Side Effects:
      • Immediacy:

My kids love this!

Comments about Mary Kay Velocity Skin Care System:

All four of my children have used this and we have never had an acne problem. It leaves their skin feeling so smooth. The scent is very fresh and doesn't overpower. A little goes a long way with the moisturizer so we always buy two cleansers with one moisturizer.

Love this gentle action cleanser that packs a punch.

from El Paso, TX

Comments about Mary Kay Velocity Skin Care System:

Amazingly gentle and powerful formula for skin. This product is amazing in the fact that it fights the acne on your skin but does not leave it dry or cracked like all others I have tried. It is a true gentle formula that most anyone can use and the scent is gorgeous. It does not smell like all the other medicated type acne products but clean and fresh so you don't smell like a medicine cabinet when you go out. That is truly what I love about it and that it is a great deal for both of them. I don't have to pay an arm and a leg just to get the great skin care benefits of department store brands like most others do.

Say goodbye to oily skin and hello to velocity!

from Stratford, WI

Good for combination-oily skin

from Phoenix, AZ

Comments about Mary Kay Velocity Skin Care System:

I've been using Mary Kay Velocity skin care products for a few years and have nothing negative to say about them: I have a combination skin with those "traditional" oily spots (forehead, nose and chin) and the cleanser does a great job - personally I like it better than Creamy Cleanser or Deep Cleanser 3 (Classic Basic Skin Care). The moisturizer works great too - it's light, fast-absorbing and has a nice scent.