Other Acne & Blemish Treatments:

Mario Badescu Drying Lotion

Pros

Cons

• Immediacy:

I love Mario's Products !!

I am so thankful that I discovered Mario Badesu's products.  I will NEVER live without them.  I have oily skin and from time to time I get an occasional pimple.  The drying lotion will clear it up fast - as will the drying mask that he has.  My daughter (junior high) is cursed with the beginning stages of acne.  I can't believe it gets you that young!!  I've shared my Mario products with her and she enjoys using them.  Its a special way for her and I to spend "girl time" together.  She gets the tiny whiteheads on her nose and this stuff gets rid of them overnight or by the day after.  If she stops using the product, they come back.  Acne is so brutal!  I suffered with it as a youngster and I wish that I had the drying lotion back then!  When you order, you ALWAYS get freebie samples.  No one ever does that these days!  I tell people about his products all of the time.  Please, please try the Special Healing Powder.  It covers any redness that you have on your face, in addition to absorbing oil.  I swear that I have the oiliest skin on the planet and I cannot do without this product.  I will not.  I always buy 2 at time.  I put the powder on at bedtime and I use it every morning.  You can mix the powder with your regular face powder or you can use it by itself.  I can't give it enough praise!!!

i wanted to love this product...

really did...but it didn't really work for me.  i think that this product works best for people who get the white head type of acne, if you get the deep red pimples like i do, then this product doens't really do much for you.  i love mario badescu products overall, i have been using their line for years.  and this is the only product that i can give a low rating for.

This is so amazing especially for those with large zits

from Chino hills

About Me First Time Parent

Pros

• Acts Quickly
  • Easy To Use
  • Effective

Cons

• Daily Use
    • To Keep On Hand

Comments about Mario Badescu Drying Lotion:

I put a cotton swab in it and then directly on the area thanks being problematic and it works so quickly I can't even. Just remember that you don't need to shake it up. This really helps the acne get to the surface so you can pop it and then I put even more on it.

One word...incredible

from West Lafayette, IN

Comments about Mario Badescu Drying Lotion:

I love this product! I have no idea how I lived without it until now. Whenever I have a blemish or any redness on my face, I soak a cotton ball and dab this product on the spot. I go to sleep with it on and wake up and the blemish/redness is GONE! It does have a strong smell but I can live with that. I gave it a 9 mainly because of the consistency of the product. It is a liquid and a powder in the bottle but the instructions say NOT to mix it up. I find it difficult to get all the "pink" stuff on the cotton ball so I end up mixing the bottle anyway. I also have very dry skin and knowing that this product is called "drying lotion" can be quite scary. It does dry out the skin but only in the spot you put it. I just make sure I moisturize the next day. Other than that, it is a fantastic product and highly recommend it!

It is the fastest blemish remover I have ever used!

Ease of Application
    It is a bit challenging getting the right amount of "pink" product out of the bottle.

Side Effects
    It just has a very strong chemical smell but can easily look past that.

Immediacy
    The next day my blemish or redness is completely gone. My face is flawless the morning after I use it.

• Immediacy:

There's a reason everyone raves about this product!

from Sneads Ferry, NC

Comments about Mario Badescu Drying Lotion:

I usually have pretty clear skin but I suffer from the occasional breakout that will pop up once every few months when I go too long between running and washing my face or having hormonal breakouts. When I do get these break outs it's really bad, I will get a monster sized zit that takes two weeks to go away. It's very embarrassing because when that happens it really dominates my face. So I was very thankful to find a spot treatment that actually works! Mario Badescu drying lotion is amazing!
    When I can feel a zit forming I dab some of this lotion on my zit and it prevents or heals the breakout almost immediately so I can avoid the huge disgusting looking zits that I had previously suffered from. This lotion has been such a relief! It's great not to have acne like that anymore and it's something that's so simple to use. It doesn't have any negative side effects and it doesn't dry out or irritate my skin. Mario Badescu drying lotion is a truly amazing product!

• Immediacy:

Banishes my spots like magic

Comments about Mario Badescu Drying Lotion:

This little glass bottle is filled with a magic potion that makes zits disappear within 24 hours. It's kind of incredible.

I used to have a face covered with pimples, but now, as I've gotten older, I only get the rare hormonal breakout or random spot on my face. Whenever one of those buggers pops up, I use the Mario Badescu Drying Lotion, and the spot disappears overnight.

One problem I do have with this product is that you have to be careful when applying it. If you get this product anywhere except directly on the pimple, the skin around the pimple will become dry and flaky. That's something I'm willing to put up with, as this product is amazing, but it is something to keep in mind. I rarely can apply this product perfectly, so I usually end up with dry skin around my pimple. It's really hard to wear makeup over the dry skin, as makeup will cling to the dry patches.

But, like I said, it's worth it for nearly instantaneous results!

• Immediacy:

Effective, but can be extremely drying

Comments about Mario Badescu Drying Lotion:

You can never go wrong with Mario Badescu, and I think the prices of its products is indicative of that. This drying lotion works wonders and effectively fights any annoying breakouts of mine. This product works best with fully developed pimples (not the ones that feel like they're under your skin), such as whiteheads, and all I do is apply a little bit at night and wash off the formula in the morning. The product does a great job of drying out your pimples, essentially getting rid of the oilyness of your breakouts. After washing off the formula, I always see a visible change in the appearance of my pimples.

Users of this product do need to be careful though. I find that if I use this product every night on the particular pimple, my skin (especially the area that I've applied the product) gets really dry and flaky. The product can be very drying if you use it often in one place, so make sure you thoroughly moisturize your skin in the morning after you wash off the drying lotion.

Also, the drying lotion isn't mixed together... as in the bottom layer is usually this pink formula and then there's a layer of oil on top. You will need to buy a bunch of q-tips so that you can dip the q-tip into the bottle and pick up formula from both layers. The product dries on the skin in pink, so you can't really go out and be seen once you've applied it, but overall, the effectiveness of the product makes up for that!

• Immediacy:

Effective and affordable compared to other skin care brands

Comments about Mario Badescu Drying Lotion:

I don't know why it took me so long to try the Mario Madescu line when I've heard so many great things about it, but I'm glad I finally purchased this. All of the products I've used from this line has been a life saver, especially this product. I had severely bad skin when I was a teenager and suffered from cystic acne. I have oily/combination skin that is really sensitive (like I can sneeze and a pimple will surface). I have used numerous brands for spot treatment, but this seriously works a million times better than anything I have ever tried. I think it is affordable compared to some of the other products out there, but that is my opinion. Now as much as I adore this product for its effectiveness, there are some negatives. The packaging is just annoying. This product comes in either a glass or plastic bottle, you can choose which one to purchase. I chose the plastic bottle. I DON'T find this product to be user friendly in the sense that you DO NOT shake the product at all. It is meant to be separated. You take a q-tip and dip it into the bottle all the way to pick up the pink solution then you just spot it on where you are having problems. I put this on at night before I go to bed and the next day, it will literally dry out or help settle large zits. But the dipping thing is quite bothersome, but the effectiveness makes up for it. Another thing, I can not stand the smell. It is so strong, almost like acetone, but I can bare the smell of acetone more since it is never so close to my nose. It is mostly when I first put it on as with most every product, but just can't get used to it. I don't like the smell, but again I will deal with it because the stuff works. I wish I had this when I was a teenager.. Will repurchase again and again & also recommend to anyone!!

Best Drying Lotion I've Tried

Comments about Mario Badescu Drying Lotion:

This is an excellent lotion to help clear and dry up pimples. I put it on at night, before I got to bed, and in the morning, my pimple is significantly reduced. I will definitely be purchasing this again. I have the bottle formula, and I just dip a Q-Tip into it and put it on the pimple. It does have a high amount of alcohol and is pretty potent. I don't have sensitive eyes, but it sometimes burns them, so be careful if you do have sensitive eyes. Overall, this is a great product!

works well

Comments about Mario Badescu Drying Lotion:

I have very sensitive skin and most acne treatments dry me out. I decided to try a spot treatment rather than an all over face acne medication. I was very happy with Mario Badescu Drying Lotion. I put a dab on my pimple before going to bed and woke in the morning to a smaller and less red pimple.

The drying lotion does have a strong scnet, almost like alcohol but it is not too bad. The soltion is seperated into a pink chalky soluution and a clear watery solution that you do not mix together. Applying the drying lotion is very easy. I take a Q-tip and dip into into the solution to get some of the pink solution on the tip of the Q-tip and then I apply it directly to my pimples. The drying lotion is visible on the skin when it dries so i suggest using this as night time. The name of the product may worry you ("drying lotion") but all it actually does is dry out the pimple not your skin. Since using this product the life of my pimples has decreased to about 1-2 days rather than 4-5 days. Great product and would definitely reccommend it.

• Immediacy:

Great product, but use in moderation

Comments about Mario Badescu Drying Lotion:

This product works very well. In my experience, it dries up problematic spots overnight. it also reduces redness and irritation. This product has isopropyl alcohol, so it's very harsh on the skin. I would advise using an equally potent moisturizer. Otherwise, it will make your skin flaky, espeically during this harsh winter.

Not All That It is Cut Out To Be

from wilkes barre, PA

Comments about Mario Badescu Drying Lotion:

I used this product back when I had very back when I had really bad cystic acne. There are both some positives and negative associated with the product.

The Positives:
    This product was easy to use; you just shake the bottle and dab on a bit of the solution with a q tip. Like other Mario Badescu products it contains a fairly simple formula with no irritating chemicals. After using the product I did not experience and side effects nor did I see any worsening or my acne. After a nightly application of the product I found it to be effective on very small pimples and white heads

The Negatives:
    From the first use I noticed the the smell; it has a unpleasant alcohol and calamine odor which was difficult to get past, made me think of when I had chicken pox and was covered in spots of calamine lotion. I also felt that it did not stay on my face too well, it tended to drip down my face and not stay on the pimple. The biggest problem I had with this product, especially for what it was priced at was the lack of effectiveness. I have used this product both on "regular pimples" and the cystic pimples and it does not dry out your pimples overnight. For a regular pimple it took 3-4 nights of use to see the pimple start to dry out, which compared to other less expensive products is not that impressive. The product did not help to dry out my cystic acne at all, even after 5+ days of use.

Overall, I would say the effectiveness of this product would depend on the type of acne you have. If you have small occasional breakouts it might be something you would want to consider. If you get frequent breakouts or cystic acne I would look elsewhere.

Only worked on small pimple, not effective on medium or larger sized pimples.

Ease of Application
    Easy to apply, but difficult to keep on the area of interest

Convenience
    Small bottle is easy to travel with and store in my medicine cabinet

Side Effects
    No side effects or irritation

Immediacy
    It took time to see results and the results were comparable to cheaper products