Other Acne & Blemish Treatments:
Mary Kay
Mary Kay Clear Proof Acne Treatment Gel

Mary Kay Clear Proof Acne Treatment Gel

• Immediacy:

Mary Kay helps knock out acne!

This acne gel works wonders - fast!  This gel is gentle on the skin. It does not dry out the skin or irritate the skin. It does not leave any powdery residue or build up on your skin, as some other acne treatments do. I used this when I was using the Mary Kay daily cleansing system - the three in one face wash, age fighting lotion, and night cream. The system is very easy, and adding the acne treatment for the occassional acne issues was simple. There is no terrible or irritating fragrance and it does not require a lot of the gel to work in your skin. A little film of the gel to cover the troubled spots works just fine - there is no need to pile on the acne treatment because this little bottle does go a long way. On top of it all, it is not expensive. This little bottle delivers and will last quite a while. I highly recommend this product for any and all skin types that need a comfortable, quick, and guaranteed solution to their acne problems.

Dries Out Your Face

Last month, I really broke out. Bad. So I picked up the Mary Kay Acne Treatment Get. After the first time using it, by face felt really tight. That has happened before with acne masks, but never with a wash.

By the fourth time using it I had noticed that my acne was getting worse. I decided to give it just one more try. That was a mistake. The next morning after the fifth wash, my face was super dry. In fact, flakes of dry skin were coming off like peeling sunburn. It was just awful. I immediatly threw away the whole bottle and called my doctor. And guess what he told me?

He told me that Mary Kay products are something he doesn't trust when it comes to acne control. Makeup products by them are okay. But he has had other people wondering about this product.

My husband was very upset at what this did to my skin. He even called the number and complained. They told us they would send out a better wash by Mary Kay, but we declined the offer.

I am never going to buy a Mary Kay product ever again, makeup or not.

Side Effects
It dried up my skin, my face was super red, and it burned. It also made my acne worse.

Only one step in the treatment.

from Chattanooga

About Me Budget Buyer

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Hydrates Skin
  • Minimizes Pores
  • No harsh smells
  • Soothing
  • Works Effectively

• Adult Acne
    • Blackheads & Whiteheads
    • Inflammatory Acne
    • Moderate Acne
    • Severe Acne
    • Teen Acne

Comments about Mary Kay Clear Proof Acne Treatment Gel:

This is only one step in the treatment. You need to start Clarifying Cleansing Gel. Followed by applying the Clear Proof ® Blemish Control Toner. Then apply the Clear Proof ® Acne Treatment Gel. I only concentrate on the problem area. Last apply Clear Proof ® Oil-Free Moisturizer for Acne-Prone Skin. You wouldn't want to bake a cake without eggs or flower. ALL the steps are important and are intended to work together. I've wasted so much money with other products that did not work.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Disappointed

from Homewood, IL

About Me Brand Buyer

Pros

Cons

• Dries Out Skin
      • Ineffective
      • Irritates Skin

Comments about Mary Kay Clear Proof Acne Treatment Gel:

I thought I would give this product a try on my skin. I needed something for adult acne and to shrink pores. This was a total disaster. not only did it not do any of that, it broke my face out even more with large painful bumps and dried my skin out within a week. I discontinued the product and went to a dermatologist. I was advised that the product was too harsh and would not recommend any more usage.

This really works!

from Mesa, AZ

Comments about Mary Kay Clear Proof Acne Treatment Gel:

I received the whole Clear Proof kit from Influenster. I am SO happy they sent this to me. I'm 28 (as I'm writing this) and I still suffer from breakouts and blackheads. Thanks to getting the depo shot (birth control shot) I don't get a monthly, so I don't believe my breakouts are hormone related. But I tend to get the same zits in the same spots on my face. I used the system the first night I got it. The face wash was gentle, the toner doesn't dry out my skin, this product was applied ONLY to the affected areas and it didn't make my face feel tight or anything. After I applied this, I let it dry then applied moisturizer, which felt great.

I have oily/combo skin. My t-zone tends to get oily, while the rest of my face is pretty normal. I felt no tightness, no drying out, nothing that would make me not want to use this anymore. Now, just because I got it free doesn't mean I'm kissing rear on this. I really truly like this product and will be buying as it runs out.

Now, it's a bit pricey, but the facial cleanser is the only thing that will tend to run out faster. The toner and spot treatment should last more than a month because you use those as needed. The moisturizer should last more than a month because you really don't need a whole lot to get the desired affects.

I highly recommend this system!

Side Effects
        None! only apply a little bit to the affected area. No need to slather it on.

Immediacy
        Within a day I noticed a difference.

• Immediacy:

Effective, but not my favorite

from Santa Fe, NM

Comments about Mary Kay Clear Proof Acne Treatment Gel:

I have been using Mary Kay Clear Proof Acne Treatment Gel for a few months, and I am fairly satisfied with it. I sometimes use it all over my face, but most often use it as a spot treatment. It is not messy, and does not have an unpleasant scent. It is easy and convenient to use and absorbs pretty quickly. The downside of this product though, is that it does not show results very fast. With continued use and regular application, it does show results, but I have found that it is definitely not the treatment to use if you are looking for overnight results. This gel is not overly drying, and did not irritate my skin in any way. In my experience, it heals acne breakouts in a slow, gentle way. The only other complaint I have about it, is that it does not seem to do anything for lasting spots that remain after the pimple is gone. The addition of some spot-fading ingredient would be helpful.

Great for sensitive skin

from Norfolk, VA

Comments about Mary Kay Clear Proof Acne Treatment Gel:

This came in the Mary Kay Clear Proof acne system kit. Upon the day of getting the kit I was eager to see how well this worked. I've tried proactive and it was to harsh for my sensitive skin, causing redness, and dryness. I noticed after 2 days of using this my black heads were vanishing. I wasn't expecting expecting it and was surprised, and of course pleased. Due to how well it worked with small black heads on my nose I decided to use it on other trouble spots. If I felt a pimple starting I would put this on that same night before bed after washing my face. I'd wake up the next day with the redness from the pimple gone. For me it's worked very well with trouble spots. Again I use this with the clear proof acne face wash so that could play into such great results. I did notice if I used this twice a day that my skin would dry out by my nose. I cut back to using it just at night before bed in addition to the clear proof facial moisturizer which is also fantastic. This is something I have and continue to recommend to others, especially those with sensitive skin such as myself. This is a product that packs a punch without being hard on your skin.

• Immediacy:

great product but not for me

Comments about Mary Kay Clear Proof Acne Treatment Gel:

My skin cleared up for the first time in years I felt beautiful again but I kept getting horrible headaches then eventually after I used it one day my entire head and face felt like it was on fire I layed in bed for two days feeling paralyzed with pins and needles feelings and burning sensation through out my whole body. I stopped using it and symptoms went away. Thank god. The head pressure was horrible. I am sad I had these effects because I was staying to be clear for once.

Made me clear! I started getting facial acne when I was 19 and now I'm 22. I feel like I've tried everything and this stuff actually worked it was amazing I was able to feel good without foundation and leave my house without make up on. Unfortunately I did develop an allergy to ity aced had to stop using it. Sad face :(

Ease of Application
        Great very easy to apply. I loved the toner I thought it smelled nice.

Great great great!

Side Effects
        Burning sensation in entire body especially face. Numbness in cheeks. Horrible headaches and pressure in temples

• Immediacy:

Works great without drying out your skin

from Wesley Chapel, FL

Comments about Mary Kay Clear Proof Acne Treatment Gel:

I suffered from adult acne after I had my second daughter and felt like I was trying every acne product on the market. My skin would get red and irritated. I tried to use acne spot gels on the larger pimples I would get and then my face would be dry and cracked in those areas.
        I bought this Mary Kay product after a friend told me to give it a try. I could tell that this product worked the first time I used it. I used it at night before going to bed and it really helped to minimize the pimple by the morning. I thought for sure that my skin would be dry and cracked, but not at all. It was very gentle on my sensitive skin and did not cause any irritation.This is now my go to product when a feel a new pimple coming on.

This is a great product for controlling new acne breakouts and also not irritating sensitive skin.

Ease of Application
        Very easy to use, just dab and let dry.

Convenience
        It comes in a small bottle, so I leave a bottle at home and also in my purse so I can use immediately if I feel a new pimple coming on.

Works!

from florida, USA

Comments about Mary Kay Clear Proof Acne Treatment Gel:

Overall, I have liked the MaryKay Acne Treatment Gel. I have used it anywhere I have noticed a blemish, face or body, and it has helped to clear it up faster than it would without a treatment. I also put a little dab of the treatment gel on any blemish that I have recently popped, and it has helped tremendously for my blemish to not come back.

The 5% benzoyl peroxide treatment gel has proven very effective in removing my blemishes on my face and body. It also has lasted me a very long time, as you only use a very small amount.

Ease of Application
        I simply dab a tiny amount onto the blemish and rub it in. Once it has dried, I continue with my skin care routine and makeup.

Convenience
        I have found this treatment gel to be very convenient. I carry it in my purse and use it whenever I notice a blemish surfacing.

Side Effects
        In using this product, I have had no side effect whatsoever. No redness, no dryness, no irritation. Just results.

Immediacy
        Within a few hours, the blemish has a noticable difference. Within a day or so, its gone.

• Immediacy:

I didn't see much change after using this.

Comments about Mary Kay Clear Proof Acne Treatment Gel:

You are supposed to apply this directly on the acne spot and they say that spot will go away. It was use easy to apply and use. But I didn't really see dramatic changes after applying this product on the acne spot. I felt like the spot became dry and seemed to peel off but it was mostly just a normal cycle of acne dying. Since you don't apply it all over your face, other parts of your face will get acne at a normal speed. Maybe this is effective for people that get a few spots here and there but it doesn't really work for people that get acne all over the face.

I didn't really see results after using this. I think it may only be effective for people that don't have severe acne symptoms.

Ease of Application
        It is easy to apply and easy to wash off.

Convenience
        The tube is small so it is convenient to carry around.

Side Effects
        You keep getting acne in other parts of your face.

Immediacy
        I didn't experience immediate changes in my acne spots.

This product is amazing

Comments about Mary Kay Clear Proof Acne Treatment Gel:

I really loved this product. It's very effective for a spot treatment, as most promise to help but don't. There wasn't really anything I didn't like about it. It does take a while to work, but it's that way with any acne solution so that shouldn't be too surprising. Overall, it was great. It's effective and convenient. I would definitely recommend it.