Other Acne & Blemish Treatments:

Clinique Acne Solutions Spot Healing Gel

Pros

Cons

• Immediacy:

I cannot find a better acne spot treater.

Clinique's Acne Solutions Spot Healing Gel is well worth the little extra money over a drug store brand.  I have found that the active ingredient, salicylic acid, works best on my occasional blemishes.  Clearasilis the only other brand I have been able to find that uses salicylic acid instead of benzoyl peroxide, and they don't come close to the Clinique Acne Solutions Spot Healing Gel.

The gel is nearly invisible, so you can dab a little on before work if needed, and it dries quickly so you can use it right before bed to.  It works so much better and faster than anything else I have tried.  I think that it is a higher concentration of salicylic acid than most other options, but is still not too harsh on skin.

I am not a usual purchaser of department store cosmetics, but this is one type of product that I will forever buy from a department store and not a drug store. This product is definitely worth paying a little more money.

Litteraly a gel!! Its thick and gross!!

i used this product while also using Clinques Acne Solution kit a few months ago. it says that you can wear makeup over it and it looks natural..thats total bs..i use a mineral foundation and it litteraly shined through the foundation..my friends at school even noticed (it was so embarssing!)  it was hard to wash off and didnt help heal anything!

Effective Acne Treatment

from Littleton, CO

Comments about Clinique Acne Solutions Spot Healing Gel:

I use the Clinique Acne Solutions Spot Healing Gel when I feel a blemish starting to arise. I apply it to the spot using a cotton swab. It does tingle for a few seconds but it makes it feel like it is working. A small amount is needed for each use so the bottle lasts for a long time making it a great value. In most cases the blemish is gone by morning but if it is not, I apply a second day and that does the trick. This healing gel is actually feels like it is healing because it does not dry out the areas applied. Best acne product I have ever used.

Side Effects
none, it doesn't even dry you out

Not too bad!

from TN

Comments about Clinique Acne Solutions Spot Healing Gel:

When I was younger I was active in cheerleading and I was always practicing and working out, so the constant sweat worked against my skin. I tried many different kinds of creams, washes, and gels and could never seemed to find a product that worked for me all the time. With Clinique Acne Solutions Spot Healing Gel I finally found my answer. I found that this gel really did get rid of nasty breakouts and even prevent breakouts from happening. It was very easy to use also. The only downfall of this product to me is the price. Even though it is a little more pricey than drugstore brands, it honestly is worth it. I did not have to use a whole lot of this at a time to get results, so it did last a long time. I would suggest that when applying it to make sure you put it directly onto the trouble spots though because sometimes the gel did dry my skin out so much that it would peel. I would recommend this acne gel to anyone who has problems with acne or occasional breakouts because it really does reduce the redness and size of pimples quickly.

• Immediacy:

This is expensive and doesn't work that well.

Comments about Clinique Acne Solutions Spot Healing Gel:

This is the most expensive acne product that I ever bought. I wanted to give it a try since my acne was getting out of control at some point. I thought that maybe expensive products were expensive for a reason. In short, I was not impressed. When you apply this on your skin, you feel like something is getting better because you get this fresh scent and a slightly tingly feeling. But at the end of the day, after a few weeks of usage, I didn't see any dramatic changes to my acne spots. There were come minor reductions but I think the cheaper solutions would also bring that much change. In sum, I think this is overpriced and you don't need to spend this much money on something that doesn't work that well.

This is not very effective in reducing acne spots.

Immediacy
You don't really notice any immediate results. You do feel fresh after applying but the actually changes are not noticeable.

• Immediacy:

works wonders making my pimples go away

Comments about Clinique Acne Solutions Spot Healing Gel:

I just bought this acne solutions spot healing gel from Clinique about a month ago and it works great. I always breakout when that time of the month comes and my pimples get really bad. This healing spot gel works right when I apply it to my pimples. It reduces the redness fast and it dries out my pimple quickly. The size of my pimple reduces in one day and by the next day its flat and dried out. I like how it doesn't leave me with an acne scar. My skin has been looking a lot better. I only apply a little bit to any breakout I have because a little bit is all I need. It doesn't burn my skin and its not harsh. When I feel an ingrown pimple coming I put some of the healing gel on and it prevents it from getting bigger. I like how its not irritating to my pimples. I will definitely keep buying this from Clinique, it was a little pricey but its worth it because the pimples go away in one day.

• Immediacy:

Wow! This actually works!

Comments about Clinique Acne Solutions Spot Healing Gel:

When I was first introduced to this product by my sister-in-law, I was actually really not expecting this small bottle to work as much wonders as it did.

First of all, the bottle may seem extremely small. But I've been using this for a year, and no signs of it running out. Really, all you need is a dot of this product on any blemish/pimple, and it is nearly gone or atleast significantly subdued by the next day.

I've used it overnight for the most part, but you can also wear it throughout the day, but the part that you used it on would be shinier than normal.

When applied, you would feel a slight stinging, but do not worry about this- it is just the active ingredients. It dries out the pimple/blemish, and it is gone within 2 days!

You do need to apply it frequently, but don't bother putting on too much at a time.

Overall, this has been my lifesaver before important events and great in general to clarify my face.

VERY EFFECTIVE.

Side Effects
Slight stinging, a little dryness.

A must have!

Comments about Clinique Acne Solutions Spot Healing Gel:

I absolutely love this stuff. Every night after washing my face, I'm sure to apply the Clinique to any spots that need special attention on my face. It does an excellent job at shrinking pimples, zits, and black heads, and does so with the speed that anyone suffering from facial acne needs. I've been using this product for months now, and cant imagine my daily routine without it! The price may be a bit steep for some, but the product definitely does what it advertises.

Clinique is very effective at reducing and in the end erasing acne.

Ease of Application
Simply dab it to the spot where it is needed, or put a drop on your finger and apply to the needed area.

Convenience
Once per day before going to bed is all you need to see results.

Side Effects
Apart from the slight drying of areas where applied, no other side effects occur. It should be noted that while it does dry the areas applied slightly, It is still very gently on the skin.

Immediacy
Results are quickly seen after using Clinique for a few days.

Overall

Comments about Clinique Acne Solutions Spot Healing Gel:

I love this cleansing bar so much! I got a tiny sample bar and it lasted me over a month. I bought the full size and use it religiously. I have bad cystic acne with periods and this has taken care of that tremendously. It has also helped the acne on my back. I took a point off because it is kind of drying, I wouldn't recommend using it every day. I use it 2-3 times a week and seem to be okay.

Clinique: The best acne spot treatment I've ever used

Comments about Clinique Acne Solutions Spot Healing Gel:

I will never buy another acne spot treatment ever again. This stuff works so fast and so well that I will be a customer for life.

This tube is a bit pricey, I will admit. It is not as affordable as some of the drugstore brands. But this product has an active ingredient of salicylic acid, which does a great job at drying up and clearing up my zits, as long as I only have a few at most, and I've never found a drugstore product with this ingredient. You also only need a little bit; my tube is still going strong and I've had it for a long time.

My skin is not very acne prone to begin with, but when I get a zit, it is usually really red and inflamed and obvious. I put this on after washing my face at night, and by the morning it is almost disappeared. It applies with a dropper which makes it easy to apply just as much as you need on the spot where you need it.

There is only one downside to this product that I can think of, and that is the slight burning sensation I get, especially if the zit has already ruptured. It can also be drying, as is the nature of salicylic acid, so you can't use this over large patches of skin without getting dry as the desert. So, this really just is a concentrated spot treatment and probably won't be as effective for someone with more widespread acne.

This product is highly recommended! Clinique is famous for their skincare and this product is a home run!

Side Effects
Slight burning if the skin is open or the zit is ruptured; can be a bit drying on the skin because the salicylic acid is potent.

Okay-ish

Comments about Clinique Acne Solutions Spot Healing Gel:

More on the expensive side for the amount you get with what you pay for. Burns a bit on my very sensitive skin. Applies clear so perfect for use before makeup or for on the go, emergency application.

Convenience
small bottle

Side Effects
Burns quite a bit on my skin, though m,y skin is very sensitive.

Pretty Nice.

Comments about Clinique Acne Solutions Spot Healing Gel:

I actually first starting using this because my grandmother buys alot of the Clinique products from the store, like, all the time and she got this one day when she bought her usual stuff. She knows that I have a bit of a problem with pimples from time to time and she thought it might help. It worked okay, but I don't get lots of random pimples, its just an occasional one that pops up every now and then. I don't know if you had lots of pimples whether it would help you out or not, i think its just for spots like I get. It wasn't instant healing either, it took a few days but then again I didn't expect it to just make them completely disappear overnight. It's a nice product but I think instead of spending the money, I'll just stick to washing my face with my usual stuff because it doesn't make that much of a difference to me. It takes a few days for them to heal with my regular product anyway.