Other Acne & Blemish Treatments:
Acne Spot Treatments
Mario Badescu
Mario Badescu Drying Cream

Mario Badescu Drying Cream

Pros

• Easy to use (3)
  • Effective (3)

• Adult acne (3)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Budget shopper (3)

Dries 'under the skin' bumps before they turn into mountains!

Two of my sons suffer from acne. It's not too terrible, really, but it's bad enough that it's noticeable and my sons hate it. Since I have been trying various **Mario Badescu** facial products myself recently, I decided to buy a small jar of **Mario Badescu Drying Cream** and see how well it would work for my sons.

We found that this product works wonderfully for drying out the nasty bumps that pop up out of the blue on my sons' faces and foreheads. It actually works best on the 'under the skin bumps' that keep growing until they begin to look like small mountains.

Just a tiny bit of this cream gets under the skin and attacks those bumps and makes them disappear very quickly! It also helps dry up pimples that have already come to a head and look awful, but it takes the product a little longer to dry those pimples up than it does to dry up the 'under the skin' type bumps.

The **manufacturer's product's description** is as follows: *"An effective treatment to dry up small under-surface blemishes that appear as raised bumps in oily areas of skin. Aloe rich cream conceals and heals erupted pimples."*

**Ingredients:**
*Deionized Water, Peanut Oil, Retinyl Palmitate, Polyglycerylmethacrylate (and) Propylene Glycol, Apricot Kernel Oil, Dimethicone, Stearic Acid, Tocopherol, Cetearyl Alcohol (and) Ceteareth-20, and Isopropyl Myristate.*

If you have under the skin bumps that are really getting under your skin and on your nerves, I recommend that you give **Mario Badescu Drying Cream** a try. A little goes a long way, and I have seen very positive results, very quickly, when my sons use this product. If it worked as well on actual pimples as it does on the bumps that pop up under their skin, I would give this product 5 stars. Since it doesn't, but does work very well in shrinking the 'under the skin' bumps, I give it 4 stars.

This product works very quickly and very effectively in treating and getting rid of cystic type bumps, that pop up under your skin and sometimes grow to be very large. It treats and makes them disappear quickly. It's not as good at treating regular acne, or "pimples." It does help them to dry up and smooths skin that has pimples, but it takes longer to treat them than it does cystic acne, and it doesn't work as well in treating pimples as it does those "under the skin bumps."

Ease of Application
It's very easy to apply this product. It's a topical cream, so you simply apply the cream to affected areas, and rub it in. The cream then goes to work and does the rest for you.

Convenience
Because this is a one step, cream application, it's very convenient and can be taken with you and used almost anywhere.

Side Effects
Mario Badescu Drying Cream dries up and gets rid of cystic type bumps without drying out the rest of your face the way many other acne medications do. My sons do not experience any side effects when they use this cream.

Immediacy
As I said before, Mario Badescu Drying Cream dries up and gets rid of cystic type bumps quickly. It only takes a couple of days to see those under the skin bumps begin to shrink. It takes a bit longer to treat regular acne with this cream, though.

Kinda didn't work...

So the thing about this drying cream is that it doesn't work at all on cystic acne. It works fine with other kinds of acne that are closer to the surface, but that's what you get with a drying cream - it dries the area so that it can just peel/pop off. Cystic, unfortunately are so deep in the skin that I honestly didn't notice the cystic coming up faster or healing faster while using this cream.

Also I noticed that it didn't work nearly as well without the Buffering Lotion (also from Mario Badescu), so it makes this product kind of not all that great if it requires another purchase to make it useful.

I was also not too fond of the fact that it's basically a clay mask of a sort, and you have to cover your acne with it, wait until it dries, then rinse/wash it off. It's really annoying because if I'm applying this at night after I showered and did all my usual skin moisturizing routine, it means i'd have to reapply those same skincare stuff after I rinse this off. Or i can use this first and then moisturize, but since this is a spot treatment, that means my face will be all dry feeling for a good 20-30 minutes before i can moisturize it. I'm somewhat sensitive to the feeling of dry skin so I definitely can't follow this second method.

Because of this, I just honestly didn't think this product was really worth all the hassle, whereas I've now discovered products that are far more affect even for cystic acne, and is so much easier to use in comparison.

I gave it a 3 based on the fact that it DOES work well on non-cystic acne when used together with the Buffering Lotion.

Best thing ever

from New York

About Me Budget Buyer

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Works Effectively

• Blackheads & Whiteheads
    • Inflammatory Acne
    • Moderate Acne
    • Severe Acne
    • Teen Acne

Comments about Mario Badescu Drying Cream:

Best thing ever a little dab when you notice a pimple or zit come in and in a day or two The pimples been dried out and gone

Splurge, But SOOOO Worth It!

from Long Island, NY

About Me Budget Buyer

Pros

• Easy To Use
    • Soothing
    • Works Effectively

• Blackheads & Whiteheads
      • Inflammatory Acne
      • Moderate Acne

Comments about Mario Badescu Drying Cream:

I'm not a brand snob when it comes to most things. I buy things when they're on sale and usually stick to lower-end brands. I happily splurge on this though. It works!

Work!

from Baltimore, MD

About Me Budget Buyer

Pros

• Easy To Use
      • Works Effectively

Comments about Mario Badescu Drying Cream:

I received this in a sample box I get monthly. It worked great for me! I was a little hesitant because I thought it smelled awful! But, if you can get past the smell, it really works great! I even bought it in store. I'm anxious to try other products from this brand.

The only acne product that's consistenly worked for me.

Comments about Mario Badescu Drying Cream:

This product has been a staple of mine for years. It's worked on my most severe cystic acne and also smaller whiteheads. It's dries acne out within a day or two and I'm good to go. I use it nightly after cleansing and moisturzing. It doesn't overly dry out my skin like other treatments and it doesn't irritate my skin or cause redness. It actually helps reduce my redness. I would recommend this for people with all different ranges of acne.

great product

from San Diego ca

Comments about Mario Badescu Drying Cream:

I enjoy using the Mario Badescu Drying Cream when I have really bad breakouts. It works fast to dry up blemishes, and even the ones that are starting to emerge under my skin. The product doesn't really have a smell to it at all, and it was easy to apply it to areas I needed it on. The cream comes in a container that you have to dip your fingers in to get the product out. The drying cream heals my acne quickly before they are able to leave any scarring behind. I keep using this product until my blemish is completely gone which should take less than week when using this cream. It has not clogged my pores around my nose area I have not noticed it irritating my acne. The formulation of this cream is really gentle it only dries out the blemishes, and not the surrounding skin. I only use this as a spot treatment so the product lasts a long time for me. If you have severe acne all over it would make sense to put it all over your face as your night time moisturizer. Its very convenient for me to travel with if I get a random breakout. I highly recommend this.

Works but is Drying

Comments about Mario Badescu Drying Cream:

I have to say that I have suffered from acne since I was 13. Even now as an adult I deal with it. When my mom told me about this stuff, I had to try it. I have to say it does dry up the acne. It helps with whiteheads very well, and it especially works for those bumps that are under the skin and painful. It really did help end some of my acne problem; however, not only did it dry up my acne, it dried out my face. My face became flaky and peeled alot after using this item. I would recommend this as an emergency go to night before prom kind of thing. I would not recommend that anyone use this on a regular basis as it is extremely drying. With my oily skin, it really was a shock to find it so drying. Even when I only used it on certain spots, I found that it was drying.

As an alternative, I found that using a mixture of alcohol and calamine lotion had very similar effects for drying out pimples without the cost, and I could easily use my homemade concoction more readily and with less drying results.

Side Effects
        DRYING to all skin

• Immediacy:

Single most important skincare item.

Comments about Mario Badescu Drying Cream:

This product has lasted me AGES. I am so happy with this purchase. I have found that other products for pimples claim to help, but after awhile simply don't do the trick. I was getting very frustrated, then my friend recommended this magical product. You only need a small dab and it works better than anything I have ever tried.

No more gimmicks from the TV, I'm a Mario Badescu Drying Cream girl now.

It's the fastest working product I've ever used and makes my skin feel very wonderful. I would suggest it to both girls and boys it's a type of cream that doesn't look like it's supposed to be for a specific gender. I love it.

Ease of Application
        Dab your finger in the cream, spread it all over your impacted area, and you're done!

Convenience
        I put it on at night when I'm sensing a breakout.

Side Effects
        I have had NONE. My skin isn't the best reacting with products, but this product didn't kill my skin fortunately for me.

Immediacy
        You can see results the next day sometimes even within the next few hours depending on the severity of the break out.

Good product

from Virginia

Comments about Mario Badescu Drying Cream:

I always keep this on hand when I get a red bump or break out. I was very impressed with this product the first time I tried it and found that a little goes along way. I've had instances where a red bump will show up and I apply this at night and the next day the bump will have lightened up and started going away over time. It does help to use this product when you see a bump starting and I've made sure to give this product to my teenage daughters.

Of course this isn't a miracle cream and won't magically make bumps disappear but it does drastically ease the redness and slowly make the bump a go away.

Ease of Application
        It's very thick and has a light shade to it so you have to apply a very small amount and blend it in well.

Convenience
        I can apply this under makeup and it's not messy. You can keep a small amount in a container everywhere you go. It is a product that I always keep on hand.

Side Effects
        No drying of the skin, it doesn't irritate the skin and it's not harsh on the skin at all. But I am not a fan of the smell but this is the only thing that I wish was different is the smell that lingers on your skin, especially on the face.

Immediacy
        It's not immediate but does work over time, it has lightened really bad red bumps to my normal flesh tone overnight. But the bump will take time to go away.

Kinda didn't work...

from San Jose, CA

true to its name

Comments about Mario Badescu Drying Cream:

only a thin layer is needed to cover the affected area or individual blemish. best if applied to an unopened pimple. i say this because it is just what it says it is--drying. it will diminish an oily pimple overnight easily. however, i applied to an open or popped pimple i will dry it out so bad it will scab and/or peel making it hard to cover up. as you know, dried up skin cakes the cover up.