Other Acne & Blemish Treatments:

Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser

Pros

Cons

• Immediacy:

Gentle enough to use every day

After suffering a strange skin rash on my forehead and cheeks, my dermatologist suggested changing my facial wash.  I have always heard good things about Aveeno products and decided to check them out.  I was drawn immediately to the **Aveeno Clean and Clear Foaming Facial Cleanser** because it was oil-free, soap-free, and hypoallergenic.  Having what I consider to be sensitive skin I want to do my best to keep my face looking young and clear without drying it out and using too many products.  The **Aveeno Clean and Clear Foaming Facial Cleanser** has done exactly what it claims to do: helps prevent breakouts, for clear even-looking skin.  I use it everyday after I'm done working out at the gym.  I have had no problems with dryness or scaliness.  The scent is very, very minimal, which I appreciate, and one bottle can last quite awhile as you only really need one pump, or two, to clean your face.  I'm glad to recommend this product.

Caused cystic ance to appear

I like most of the aveeno lotions and potions; but this did not agree with my skin.  The first few days of use, I was pleased but within 2 weeks, I noticed large bumps under the skin...that by the way were painful.  I think the product contains soy, which is supposed to be great for your skin but I guess it wasn't for me and I tend to have sensative skin.  I purchased the entire line and ended up giving it to my mother to try.  She loves it and now doesn't use anything else but.  I would say if you're prone to breakouts or have sensative skin, this may not be the best product for you.

Left a Residue/Increased Breakouts

from Seattle, WA

Pros

Cons

• Doesn't Remove Makeup
    • Greasy
    • Ineffective

Comments about Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser:

Seemed OK initially, but after a week created more problems than it solved. Didn't seem to wash off entirely. Gave it to friend.

Actually works!

Comments about Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser:

After years of dermatology doctor visits and prescriptions, I began using this soap and haven't had a need to see a doctor or take/use prescriptions since. This soap actually prevents pimples and is easy to use. It washes away quickly and smells great. Best acne product ever invented!

It works better than any prescription I've ever used.

Ease of Application
      A pumps of foam on your Han and rubbed around your face, ribce off and you're done.

Convenience
      Just pump some into your hand and you're done.

Side Effects
      The only side effect is that it works!

Immediacy
      I saw a difference in the appearance and feel of my skin immediately.
      Although it worked immediately, I've used it DAIKY for years just to prevent breakouts. I'd be using a soap of some kind so I use what I know works.

Not that great.

from Kansas

Comments about Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser:

I've always been a fan of Aveeno because their products are gentle on my sensitive skin and they usually perform well. This cleanser was a let down, however. It comes out as foam, as stated, but I always felt like I needed a few pumps of it to get enough of the cleanser. It didn't really last for a long period of time and I ran out fairly quickly. I also had problems with the pump occasionally where it would get stuck down [that may have just been bad luck with that particular bottle though]. Secondly, I never felt like it actually cleaned my face. It basically just felt like I was putting water on my face. Lastly, it never helped with my occasional break outs, like some of the other Aveeno products I used did. Overall, I would say if you're looking for an Aveeno cleanser don't chose this one, their other ones are much better! It definitely doesn't perform any where near as well as their other products.

Cleans well

from Nashville, TN

Comments about Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser:

Overall this is a good product for the price, but I will say that there are others that I like better.

The Aveeno foaming face wash has a great smell and an easy, rich lather. You can use it on any skin type, and on my dry skin it provided moisture that I really needed. However, my biggest complaint is that I did not get the feeling that it washed off well. My face felt as if there was residue left behind.
      On another note the foaming face wash did clean my face. it felt like my pores were opened and I could feel it penetrating deep into my skin.
      This foaming face wash helps prevent breakouts as well, so if you are prone to acne or other skin conditions this is certainly something that you will appreciate.

Removes makeup and leaves the face clean

Easy to use bottle

Side Effects
      There were no side effects experienced when using the Aveeno wash. I found it to be great on my dry skin and left it clean.

• Immediacy:

Simple, basic facial wash.

Comments about Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser:

For those with active breakouts looking for major improvement, this product is not for you. I do NOT hate this wash yet I am not in love with it either. This wash broke me out miserably. For those allergic to soy, stay away from this product! This wash is perfect for those free of skin issues.

clean, simple fast

from New Jersey

Comments about Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser:

This left my face feeling clean and soft without the dry feeling of some other facial brands and a lot cheaper! I've paid for the more expensive brands, even the ones you see on television and I've been more content with the results of this brand at the fraction of the cost

I really cant complain I was looking for a facial wash that felt like a deep clean and left my skin feeling fresh and this wash did that. I've noticed less dryness and my skin appears smoother.

Ease of Application
      it comes in a pump bottle so its easy to place on your hand or on a applicator with out any mess there isn't any complicated process like other creams that require you to sit and wait. this is simple, apply and rinse with water

Convenience
      easy to use pump bottle with a turn lock to stop spills or if you need to take it with you. its also easy to use the pump to put the lotion into a smaller bottle.

Side Effects
      I experienced no side effects which is great because my skin is sensitive and other products have left me blotchy and itchy before, with this product I had no such experience.

Immediacy
      this product can be used regularly and I did feel the benefit right away, kind of like when you go to the dentist and straight after you feel better!

• Immediacy:

Not really an amazing foaming cleanser

Comments about Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser:

This is a nice, fresh foaming cleanser. It didn't really help reduce breakouts or prevent breakouts for me, but it did clean my skin and reduce oil which was nice. This product would be great for sensitive skin, but it wouldn't really be that effective for people with lots of blemishes and people who want to treat blemishes right away. It would be good for people with normal to dry skin types because it doesn't cause any dryness, peeling, or flaking.

It cleans skin, making it feel instantly cleaner and less oily, but it didn't really reduce my breakouts or clear them. After using a full bottle of it, it didn't help treat my blemishes at all (they were all the same size and they were still there).

Ease of Application
      After a few uses, the pump stopped working.

Convenience
      It didn't really make my skin care routine any easier, I still had acne.

Side Effects
      There aren't any real side effects.

Immediacy
      After using a full bottle of this product, I still had lots of blemishes. This soap only cleaned my skin, it didn't treat my acne at all.

• Immediacy:

Gentle, soothing, and softening facial cleanser

Comments about Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser:

This product does what it is says: Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser gently cleanses your face with a refreshingly soothing foaming formula. I never had any problems with this product, and it made my sensitive skin feel clean and soft. There was an Aveen advertisement in magazines when I used this as a teenager, and I remember being impressed that it worked so well and made me feel as glamorous as the model in the picture. It really does make your skin feel soft and smooth! Don't worry about this facial cleanser drying out your face or causing redness.

Gently cleanses your face without being too harsh or abrasive.

Convenience
      Since it's already foamy in the bottle, it's super easy to pump out on your hand and apply to your face. You don't have to take the time to lather it up yourself, which is a plus if you're in a hurry I suppose.

Side Effects
      None whatever.

Immediacy
      Works like a charm every time.

Great Gentle Cleanser

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser:

I'm a relatively recent convert to Aveeno's line of products and have become a dedicated fan of their lotions so I figured I'd try their facial line as well.

I normally use a scrub based acne product so it took me a little while to get used to the whole foaming cleanser thing.

I really like that this product does not over dry the skin as so many acne products do. It leaves your skin feeling soft and clean, but not tight or itchy.

I have sensitive skin and try to avoid all products with excessive scents to them. This has a very subtle scent so it does not irritate my skin. It is also oil free and hypoallergenic, both of which are great for sensitive skin.

This is gentle enough to use every day, or twice a day. It cleans without stripping the skin and leaving it flaky and dry.

I've had a very good experience with this during the past few weeks since I started using it. It's left my skin soft and clean and I haven't noticed any irritation or increased blemishes.

• Immediacy:

The best facial wash I have personally ever used

Comments about Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser:

I absolutely LOVE this face wash. It is easily accessible and great for its price. The first time I bought it after hearing about it from a friend, I thought that it was expensive for a "drugstore" product (most of the face washes I used before this were only 4-6 USD). However, I soon found that the efficiency of this product overcomes its monetary value. It feels luxurious on the skin, it takes off my face makeup (when I washed my face twice with it), it has a very light not-offensive scent, and it just makes my skin 5x better. The only complaint I have about it is the pump. I have used 4 bottles of this soap, and 2 of them ended up having "broken" pumps by the time I was halfway done with the bottle. By "broken", I mean that every time I would push the pump down, it would stay there so that I would have to manually pull it back up so I could pump more product out.

Convenience
      Extra convenient because I never needed a separate cleanser/oil product to take off my face makeup.

Side Effects
      No side effects. Very gentle while still keeping away pimples.