4.1

4.1

Pros

Cons

• Immediacy:

Surprise, Clean & Clear Deep Cleaning Astringent is the best!

Clean & Clear Deep Cleaning Astringent works ridiculously fantastic! I’m not kidding. At least it works fantastic on my skin. I have tried many products for oily skin but this product is amazing. I would have to give this product a 10 on a scale of 1-10 that’s because this product is marvelous at controlling oil because of its oil-fighting formula. It will definitely help treat and prevent pimples. Maybe that’s because it’s by "Johnson & Johnson", they have always made great products. This product deep cleans and when you use it, you can really feel it working. It has the ingredient “salicylic acid” in it, which seems to work wonders. I have tried other products with salicylic acid in them but they don’t work quite as well. I guess it’s their secret ingredient, I wish I knew, so I could make it myself. It will help prevent pimples and you will see results within two days. I love the smell of it too, as it does not smell medicated which makes it all the more delightful to use. The container it comes in is really pretty because the color of the astringent is a pretty orange-ish/pink color, which shows through the stylish clear container. The design of the container I love too. I can’t say a bad thing about this product, I only wish it was lower in price, as it can be a bit expensive. I highly recommend this product to one and all who have trouble with acne, if they are not allergic to salicylic acid.

Clean & Clear Astringent is good enough

It's hard to know for sure just how well an astringent is working (at least it is for me), but this astringent has always been a pretty good stand-by. Moderately priced, Clean & Clear Deep Cleaning Astringent helps my face feel clean and smooth after using it. I've used it to follow up a face wash or to spruce up my face in the afternoon on a hot day. It's not terribly irritating or drying, but it's also not doing anything that amazing, either.

As I said, it's hard for me to tell the true efficacy of any astringent on its own. This one is effective in making me feel better by being refreshing and making my face feel clean. What it's actually achieving, I'm not sure - but that's good enough.

Ease of Application
Doesn't get much easy to apply: like any astringent, you simply swipe it on using a cotton ball or pad.

Convenience
It's convenient to use, I suppose, so long as you have a cotton ball or cotton pad handy.

Side Effects
I've never experienced any side effects using this products. It's not even drying.

Immediacy
Immediacy is a tough category as so few products fall can be rated as "very good" for their immediacy. The effects or even how quickly Clean & clear Astringent is working were both areas that even after several years of use I still have trouble to determine.

An essential

Comments about Clean & Clear Deep Cleaning Astringent:

This astringent is essential in my skin care routine. After a long day, it is very important to clear your skin of dead skin cells, excess oil, and makeup and dirt that may be in the atmosphere. I use this product after I cleanse my face as an extra step to purify my skin, and it makes a world of a difference. My skin looks much more even, clearer, and the salyc silic acid in this product treats and prevents acne. I use this product every day and I definitely recommend this product.

I can really see a difference in my skin after I started using this product. It looked much brighter, clearer, and radiant. The acne medication in this astringent also cleared up all my acne, and it prevents future breakouts from appearing.

Ease of Application
I don't need to much of this product to get results. I use about a nickle sized amount onto a clean cotton pad and can effectively cleanse my entire face.

Convenience
This is a product that gets the job done fast and effectively.

Side Effects
Although this product can sometimes dry out the skin, it does a great job overall, and I find that the benefits outweigh the costs.

Immediacy
I noticed results in my skin after using this product for around a week.

Love this stuff!

Comments about Clean & Clear Deep Cleaning Astringent:

This astringent is awesome! I have generally clear skin but sometimes have light breakouts and some blackheads and this keeps those times at bay.

Pros: It is easy to use, simply squirt a little on a cotton pad and wipe all over face. The bottle is reasonably priced and lasts a long time. I use this more often during times when I am having breakout troubles and this really clears up my skin fast. It leaves my face feeling super clean, like my pores have been washed out. Since you just wipe it on and leave it, you could easily use it on any problem areas (back, shoulders, wherever)

Cons: This stuff is super drying. It contains salicylic acid (which is why it works so well) but it also will make you really dry. Make sure to use moisturizer after you use this. And if you are using daily, it can really dry out your fingers. I always make sure to rinse off my hand after I touch this. Before I started doing that I noticed my fingertips were completely dried out and started to split. This product could also cause some irritation, I notice if I use it too often my skin feels a bit raw. Stay away from around the eyes and don't use too often and this should not be a problem.

Even with the drying out issues, I love this product and will continue to use it!!

what a great cleanser

Comments about Clean & Clear Deep Cleaning Astringent:

This cleanser does an incredible job of leaving my skin feeling so clean and repaired.

This is a highly effective wash. I always look great and feel great after washing my face with this cleanser. It has done a good job of getting rid of all my stray acne and makes my face feel like it's been professionally cleaned by an expert.

Ease of Application
It is incredibly easy to use this wash. Just like any liquid soap, it is very easy to apply to all areas you want to give a thorough cleansing to.

Convenience
Very convenient. You can take this with you or leave it at the house. It takes less than a minute to give yourself a thorough cleaning. Just apply and wash off, it's that easy.

Side Effects
There haven't been any kind of side effects due to me using this wash. It is gentle and is great for anyone of any age.

Immediacy
You can feel dirt and oil just washing away immediately after applying this to your face or whatever body part you're washing.

• Immediacy:

Good product but don't use too much!

Comments about Clean & Clear Deep Cleaning Astringent:

I was looking for an astringent to balance out my face wash and my moisturizer. I really like skin care so I wanted that three step treatment to my skin. I tried this astringent while I was using the clean and clear face wash and moisturizer. I did like the astringent and felt like it helped my skin. However, I could only use it every other day. When I was using it every day, my skin became extremely dry and would burn when I put this on it. Use it sparingly and you will be successful with it.

I felt like it helped provide more balance to my skin care regimen. I liked using the product and found success with it. However, make sure you only use it once a day or every other day. Twice a day ended up hurting my skin. It is strong on your skin so you have to balance it out.

Ease of Application
I always put it on a cotton ball and applied it to my face. It was really easy to use.

Convenience
It was always convenient to use at the sink before bed time and in the morning after a shower.

Side Effects
This is where my rating gets low. It really made my skin burn after using it twice a day. I had to really scale back so my skin wouldn't be damaged.

Immediacy
I saw results in my skin fairly quickly when used the right way.

Effective On Acne But With Bad Side Effects

from Birmingham, AL

Comments about Clean & Clear Deep Cleaning Astringent:

Upon first trying Clean and Clear Deep Cleaning Astringent, I was extremely impressed. Within a couple of days, my existing pimples seemed to be starting to clear up. It was very nice to find a product that seemed to work very quickly. I also liked that the astringent was easy to apply (if you use a cotton ball or cotton pad) and had a tingly feeling to it that inevitably tricks your mind into thinking something is really working. The smell is definitely quite strong, but since you rinse it off after a minute or so, that is not a huge downside. However, after about a week or two of using this product, my skin got exceptionally dry—I’m talking alligator-skin dry. My skin was constantly inflamed, painful, and flaky, and as this was the only new product I’d tried, it was clearly the culprit. I tried cutting down to just using it every day or so, but my skin was still sore and red. I ultimately had to discontinue use altogether. If you have skin that’s sensitive at all, this product may cause some unfortunate side effects as it did for me.

• Immediacy:

Definitely "deep cleaning" but also "deep drying"

from lakeland, florida

Comments about Clean & Clear Deep Cleaning Astringent:

I use astringents to remove make up from my face. I bought this one to try out once. Clean and Clear is a good company and I thought this product would be good too. I was very wrong. This astringent was definitely deep cleaning. I only had to wipe my face one time to get all of the make up off my face. That small amount worked very well, however, I started noticing that my face was drying out a lot more than usual. Also, my lotion was not working like it usually does. My face was getting dryer and dryer every day and the only thing that could have been causing it was the astringent. I know that astringent is supposed to dry out my face a little, but this was ridiculous. The skin on face was actually peeling. Clean and Clear Astringent is not a product that I would recommend to my friends or family. It took more than a month to get the skin on my face back to normal after I stopped using this product.

This astringent was too effective.

Did not help my skin.

Comments about Clean & Clear Deep Cleaning Astringent:

Clean & Clear sounds like it would be a miracle worker for acne prone skin, but it didn't work for me. I have oily skin, so I assumed I would need a stronger cleanser such as this one to prevent blemishes and give me a clearer complexion. Clean & Clear Deep Cleaning Astringent does what it says--it cleans deep. The problem is, with oily skin, the more you clean it and the harsher the product you use, the more oil your skin will eventually produce. So even though my skin improved somewhat at first, eventually it got worse. Then you think you need to clean it more, and it turns into a vicious cycle.
After visiting the dermatologist I've learned that when it comes to your skin "less is actually more," and that strong astringents such as Clean & Clear Deep Cleaning are not the answer for acne.

Cleans but strips skin of what it needs.

Is easy to use.

Convenience
If something doesn't work well, it is not convenient.

Side Effects
Too drying. When skin gets "overwashed" it actually produces more oil.

Immediacy
Cleans immediately, and maybe short term, but eventually my skin started to break out again.

Mixed feelings

Comments about Clean & Clear Deep Cleaning Astringent:

I liked this product because I felt as though each time I used it I was getting a deep clean and it left my skin feeling clean and refreshed. However, I didn't receive the results I was hoping for when I used it. I would say its better for people who don't have acne and are looking for a product to clean the day away.

• Immediacy:

This is a good astringent.

Comments about Clean & Clear Deep Cleaning Astringent:

Clean & Clear Deep Cleaning Astringent works well for everyday use. I have combination skin, oily but with dry patches. My skin is also a little sensitive. This product does not bother my skin though and helps to keep my face clear of acne. It is not too harsh or too drying. You can feel it working, there is a slight tingle or burning feeling but that is typical of astringents and the feeling fades right away. You can use it after using a gentle facial cleanser or on it's own. If you use a cleanser with salicylic acid then you may not need to use this afterwards as it may overly dry out your skin. If you have a serious acne problem this may not be strong enough for you. I have light acne but I find if I use this regularly and after a gentle cleanser then my face will clear up and stay clear with continued use. I do follow it with a moisturizer. I think that is a must as astringents have a tendency to dry out your skin. If you are looking for a general astringent that is affordable then I recommend this one.

It works well if you have a light acne problem.

Ease of Application
Put some on a cotton ball or just splash some on your face.

Convenience
Great for a quick cleaning.

Side Effects
As with any astringent this can dry out your skin a little but it also helps with oil control so just follow with your moisturizer. Clean & Clear also makes one for sensitive skin.

Immediacy
You can feel it working right away and notice a difference after the first use. Skin and acne will improve with continued use, as well as preventing break outs.

• Immediacy:

ok for the price but there r better products out there

Comments about Clean & Clear Deep Cleaning Astringent:

I have sensitive skin and have an occasional breakout so i like to use an acne medication that is not too strong that will dry out my skin but that is strong enough that it will prevent acne.

I bought Clean and Clear Deep Cleaning Astringent to add as part of my face cleaning routine.
After cleaning my face I apply some of the Clean and Clear Deep Cleaning Astringent to a cotton pad and swipe over my face, and then apply my face lotion.
The smell of the astringent is very strong and kinda burns your nose at first (like rubbing alcohol) but then dissipates. I did not notice a real difference in it preventing my acne.

The pros of the product are the price and the fact that It didn't dry out my skin.
I eventually began using this for my body after a workout. I would pour some of the astringent on a cotton ball and appy to my back and chest and I was able to notice a difference in about a week... I had less body acne.
The packaging makes it easy to use by allowing u to squeeze as much or as little as you like.
I would not recommend this product since it did nothing for my face.