Other Acne & Blemish Treatments:

Neutrogena Rapid Clear Oil Control Foaming Cleanser

Pros

Cons

• Immediacy:

Love to use it every day!!!

I discovered this amazing face wash about a year ago and it's part of my morning ritual.  I have very oily skin and this stuff is efficient in allowing me to put on my makeup each day.  On the days where I wear no make up (3 times a week) its still part of my routine.  The oil absorbing qualities are just that....quality.  I've been very pleased with **Neutrogena Rapid Clear Oil Control Foaming Cleanser** and I highly recommend it to people with oily skin.  My face feels amazingly fresh after I use it.

Not the best

I bought this two weeks ago, and saw it one of my Seventeen Magazines. I expected to give it a try, and purchased it instead of my usual face wash (Clean and Clear Deep Clean with Exfoliating Beads). After the first use, I noticed how shiny it left my face (which meant it got rid of the oils). I didn't really feel it penetrating into my skin, but I thought I had to give it some time.

So I gave it some time and I don't like it all. My face is drier than ever! I've never had problems with face wash drying my skin but this left flakes all over my nose. There was also no improvement in getting rid of the acne. I literally have 10 times more acne than I have ever had. My forehead is breaking out like crazy!

Personally, **I don't recommend this product**. It's interesting to see that there aren't many negative reviews on this product. It's too pricey to make your face even worse than it was.

A Disappointing Cleanser Ineffective For Acne-Prone Skin

from Birmingham, AL

About Me Budget Buyer

Pros

• Gentle

Cons

• Dries Out Skin
  • Greasy
  • Ineffective

• Oily Skin

Comments about Neutrogena Rapid Clear Oil Control Foaming Cleanser:

Unfortunately, Neutrogena Rapid Clear Oil Control Foaming Cleanser failed to live up to my expectations. The price is a bit higher than comparable brands, and the product is inferior to those brands like Clearasil and Clean and Clear. For a product designed to control oil, I found the texture to be very unexpectedly greasy and thick, more like a heavy lotion or cream than a cleanser. Considering that it is described in its very name as a foaming cleanser, I was very surprised to discover that it barely lathered up at all. It felt like applying lotion and then rinsing it off, and the rinsing off portion was quite difficult. I had to splash my face for ages just to get the greasy residue off my face. However, once I dried off my face, I found my skin to be excessively dry. That is a rarity for my oily skin, so although Neutrogena's Rapid Clear Oil Control Foaming Cleanser does indeed help keep oil under control, it results in very dry skin, something basically just as unpleasant to deal with as oily skin. It contains none of the typical acne-fighting ingredients that similar products contain, such as salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide, so I don't really understand why this product is designed for acne-prone skin. It did not help my breakouts at all. I was very underwhelmed by this cleanser and expected more given the brand and price.

Amazing product for oily skin

Comments about Neutrogena Rapid Clear Oil Control Foaming Cleanser:

This product works wonders for oily skin. I have seen a huge improvement in my skin since using this product. I keep one by the skin in the bathroom and one in my shower. This product is very effective at gently cleaning away dirt, grim, and oil without drying out skin.I can actually see a change in my skin tone - it is more bright but without the shine. My skin looks healthier and clear. I often have to use oil blotting papers but not as often when I use this face wash on a regular basis. Neutrogena products are also kind to my skin. I often break out after trying a new product ,but I have not experienced acne or clogged pores while using this product. This facial wash by Neutrogena gets my skin incredibly clean. I have large visible pores and I worry about them getting clogged and causing blemishes. With Neutrogena Rapid Clear Oil control Foaming Cleanser, I do not have to worry anymore. I have had oily skin all my life and have tried various product for oil control both expensive and inexpensive.

Ease of Application
This product is very easy to use. Just wet your face and apply product using your hands or a cloth, work into skin and rinse off.

Side Effects
I have not experienced any side effects while using this product.

Immediacy
This face wash works great at getting your face squeaky clean without drying it out!

Not for Sensitive Skin

Comments about Neutrogena Rapid Clear Oil Control Foaming Cleanser:

Before I purchased this foaming cleanser I read numerous reviews online and was so excited to try it for myself. You should also note that I have combination skin, so one day it can be very oily and then the next day it can be dry as a bone. So it can be difficult to find a face wash that balances both the oily and the dry. At first the foaming cleanser was great! It had an extremely refreshing smell and it felt like it really cleansed my skin. After a few days of use though, my skin was left feeling very, very, very dry. So dry that my skin began to get patchy and flakey (not cute). So I had to discontinue using this foaming cleanser because it was stripping my skin of all oils, even the natural good oils. I would only recommend this facial cleanser to people that have extremely and excessively oil skin. I would not recommend this cleanser for those with dry skin or even combination skin.

Ease of Application
I applied this cleanser while in the shower, so easy.

Convenience
It's available at all of my local stores and I am able to apply it while my hair conditioner is setting.

Side Effects
Extremely dry and flakey skin.

Immediacy
My skin became dry after just a few days.

• Immediacy:

Love it but not for sensitive skin

Comments about Neutrogena Rapid Clear Oil Control Foaming Cleanser:

I have always had issues with my acne, going so far as to avoid my photo being taken from even my own family members in my shame and embarrassment. I like to call myself a connoisseur of facial treatments because I have tried so many in the attempt at finding the perfect one. I first bought the Neutrogena Rapid Clear Oil Control Foaming Cleanser because I had heard so many great reviews from family and friends. I love how foamy this cleanser is, making you feel like it is cleaning out every pore on your face! I used this facial cleanser for about two months before I opted for a different cleanser due to my skin being too allergic and becoming way too dry from the ingredients. My skin is very very sensitive to those things. I did notice a decrease in my acne breakouts. I was still having them but they were few and far between, which made it all the more difficult to switch facial cleansers because I was noticing a difference.

• Immediacy:

leaves my face feeling so clean and oil free

Comments about Neutrogena Rapid Clear Oil Control Foaming Cleanser:

I sometimes get mild acne here and there and need a cleanser that's light and that will clear my breakouts fast. This cleanser here does the trick. Its so gentle and light on my face, it cleanses all the dirt I have from leftover makeup. Its foaming action is mild to my face, it removes the oils I have on my face leaving my face to feel soft. My face never feels oily and it always feels clean. It really goes deep into your pores and dissolves pore clogging dirt and oils. It even works on in grown pimples that won't go away, it minimizes them really fast. Its not harsh on my face and doesn't have any strong chemicals in it. Its gentle enough to use everyday because it won't dry out your face out. I rarely get acne and when I do I always have the Neutrogena rapid clear oil control foaming cleanser with me. I would strongly recommend this to anybody who has an oily face or mild case of acne, you will see the difference in your face.

• Immediacy:

Really gets down into my pores and makes me feel refreshed.

Comments about Neutrogena Rapid Clear Oil Control Foaming Cleanser:

I have fairly clear skin most of the time and it doesn't need a whole lot of pampering, but facial cleansing and deep pore cleansing is definitely a big plus for me. I wanted to try this out, and I loved that it really cleaned my skin down to the pore. I felt so refreshed after I had used it. I definitely recommend for many skin types.

• Immediacy:

Great product for oil control.

Comments about Neutrogena Rapid Clear Oil Control Foaming Cleanser:

This Neutrogena Rapid Clear Oil Control Foaming Cleanser worked great for my oily skin. For years I have not been able to rid myself of the constant shine from excess oil on my face. I was searching the shelves at my local store and found the Neutrogena Rapid Clear Oil Control Foaming Cleanser. I took it home and immediately tried it. I loved it! I did notice that when I used it every day my skin started getting really dried out. I switched to every other day and it does a magnificent job riding my face of excess oils and helps prevent new acne pop ups because of the great control it provides when used regularly.

This product is highly effective. I might would even go as far to say it is too effective. I had to switch from daily use to every two days because it removed so much of the oils my face started getting really dry.

Side Effects
The biggest side effect I noticed was drying my skin out too much. I just switched my usage and the problem no longer exists.

Immediacy
As soon as I wash my face and rinse it the oils are gone!

Pretty Good

Comments about Neutrogena Rapid Clear Oil Control Foaming Cleanser:

For me, this just lacks the power of the punch, but that's not to say it's "bad." It's just personally the Stress Control (Neutrogena) facial scrub has more benefits more quickly. I think if your acne isn't so bad or you just need to prevent breakouts, this could work.

I found the Neutrogena Stress Control to work much better. Have to give this one an 8.

Ease of Application
It's just a tad too gritty for me -- or the scrubbiness is not as cohesive as I would have liked.

Convenience
Certainly convenient.

Side Effects
I felt like it reddened my skin a little in a way that just didn't sit well with me. Not a big deal, but enough for me not to keep using it.

Immediacy
Took too long to really create a noticeable change in my skin, well over a week.

Pretty effective

Comments about Neutrogena Rapid Clear Oil Control Foaming Cleanser:

I have been loyal to Neutrogena brand for a while now, because all the other facial cleansers that claim to help with acne-prone skin just seemed to break me out more.
Neutrogena is the one for me. I just recently picked this stuff up, the beginning of this month (October) and already I am seeing a difference in my skin. It stays oil-free a lot longer during the day, and my breakouts are a lot less severe.
I still get a zit here and there, but my problem areas are almost acne-free. I was having a lot of break outs along my jawline and my t-zone was oily most of the time, but now I have seen dramatic improvement in both areas.
(In addition to this awesome product, I also use an acne cream and daily moisturizer every day, and I wear sunscreen on my face every day even in the winter and/or even if I don't think I will be going outside. It never hurts to be safe!)

I saw results in the first week!

It was very quick!

Clear and Glowing Face!

Comments about Neutrogena Rapid Clear Oil Control Foaming Cleanser:

Since I was 12 I struggled with acne on my forehead and chin area. The pimples were so frustrating and they would all pile up together to make it look like i had a disease on my face. People would even ask me what was on my chin! The acne was super red, discusting, and most of all EMBARRASSING! Until one day my mom made an appointment with my family doctor and she said of course it was my hormones and because i was in the stage of getting acne, but she recommended to use a Neutrogena acne face wash. We purchased it right away and i started using it. Within weeks i started seeing my face clear up little by little and i remember that by 7th grade i always had a clear face up until now that i am 18! I still use this product and will never stop! i always recommend it to anyone that struggles with acne and they love it. This face wash is not greasy what so ever, doesnt burn, and does the magic for you! i Love NEUTROGENA!