3.1

3.1

Pros

Cons

• Brew Performance:

Keeps coffee hot all day

Comments about Mr. Coffee 8-Cup Thermal Programmable Coffee Maker:

This coffee pot keeps coffee hot all day, and any leftover in the pot is still a bit warm by the next day.

The paper filter has a tendency to fall over on one side, possibly due to the force of the water coming through to drip out. When this happens, tons of grounds go into the pot with the coffee. If you wet the filter chamber first, then place the filter inside and wet it slightly to stick to the sides, it does not happen as much. However, it does happen enough to be a pain.

A solution for this is to buy a separate, permanent filter basket. This is an extra cost and in my opinion while it solves the problem, it makes the coffee taste a little funny. I prefer the taste with a paper filter.

The coffee pot I have is very hard to open and close the lid. My brother-in-law has the same model of coffee pot and I have no trouble with it. It opens and closes very easily. His seems to be worse than mine for having the coffee filter collapse and get grounds all into the pot.

The "burner" is not a burner at all, it is just a place for the pot to sit. This is because the pot is thermal and does not have to be kept warm to keep the coffee warm. I think this makes better tasting coffee when it is not sitting on heat all day. The pot has no problem keeping the coffee warm.

Another plus is that the pot won't shatter like a glass pot if you drop it.

Brew Performance
I have had no problem with brewing. Coffee tastes just fine. Brews quickly and isn't very loud.

I'm lazy, I haven't cleaned the machine at all. I just rinse the filter basket and pot before reuse.

Pot itself is hard to open and close (twist top). Would be tough for someone with arthritis

Filter basket is poorly designed. Paper filter often collapses getting grounds into the coffee.

Frustrating Coffee Maker...

Comments about Mr. Coffee 8-Cup Thermal Programmable Coffee Maker:

We have had this coffee maker for quite some time now. I'm wishing we hadn't and I think it's time to purchase another. I've never had so many things go wrong with a coffee maker before. There's a hole on the back of the water chamber that likes to spit out water all over my counter if you fill it too full. The hole on the top of the coffee pot lid is so small, that if something happens with the coffee filter... it clogs and spills coffee all over the place ( i couldn't tell you how many times this has happened.) And because it's stainless steel... the pot is not the easiest to clean. And no, it does not keep our coffee hot for long... which is also disappointing. Not quite sure what we were thinking when this coffee pot was purchased.

Brew Performance
It brews fast enough... but the coffee filter likes to cave in and leak grounds into the top of the pot.. then clog the small hole and leak coffee all over my kitchen counter :(

Not easy to clean at all, even if you take it apart. The pot is now stained because of this.

Pretty self explanatory to use. Never had a hard time setting the timed brew on it. The buttons are awkward to push though.. they're small and flat andyou have to hit it right in the center to get it to work properly.

Horrible design... completely. Who would make a coffee pot like this that leaks all over and doesn't keep your coffee warm?

It hasn't broke down yet and we've had it for awhile already.

Great for it's price!

Comments about Mr. Coffee 8-Cup Thermal Programmable Coffee Maker:

I owned this coffee maker for a few years now. It works like a clock :) It's nice that you can program it at night to start brewing at the specific time in the morning. The thermal carafe keeps coffee hot and fresh for hours. It's nice to have your second cup without it tasting burnt.

fast

Just like any coffeemaker you clean it by brewing water with vinegar.

It is very easy to use. All buttons are labled

I like mine black and stainless. Very stylish

Mine worked for several years

Can't go wrong with a Mr. Coffee maker

from Tampa, FL

Comments about Mr. Coffee 8-Cup Thermal Programmable Coffee Maker:

Mr. Coffee is always a brand that I trust. I love the fact that it has a Thermal coffee pot. I was never a big fan of all the old coffee makers with a glass coffee pot.. I could always taste the burnt coffee in the old glass coffee pots. If it was left on for too long. With thermal coffee pot you never have to worry about that.

Simply works great.

Cleaning is very simple and easy to do.

Ease of use is very simple, nothing difficult about it !

design is great very for a reg. joe kind of coffee maker

Mr. Coffee, Not the best coffee pot I've ever had

from Belcher, KY

Comments about Mr. Coffee 8-Cup Thermal Programmable Coffee Maker:

After breaking the pot of my last coffee pot, we had to run out unexpectedly and purchase a new pot. This is what we could find that was black and close to home on a Saturday morning during coffee withdrawals.  I initially was very pleased with the basic coffee pot that Mr. Coffee brings to the table. It looks simple, performs simply and is easy to clean.  I still use the pot but often wish it had a few changes to the design to make it user friendly.  For example, I find that it leaks water often when I am filling it in the back of the pot. This is really annoying and I get tired of cleaning it up. My biggest complaint, as most coffee drinkers would agree I'm sure, is that the pot drips when I am trying to pour it into my cup. It drips all over the floor, countertops and my cup. I don't understand this! The design should make SURE not to drip no matter what the price point- low or high. I would not necessarily recommend this pot.

Works pretty well, but showing wear

from Jeffersonville, IN

Comments about Mr. Coffee 8-Cup Thermal Programmable Coffee Maker:

We received this coffee maker as a Christmas gift a few years ago and it is still working well, but the labels on some of the buttons have started to peel off.  I like the thermal carafe - SO much better than the glass versions with hot plates.  It's safer and the coffee doesn't get that "burnt" taste.  If you have hard water, be prepared to buy and run Mr. Coffee cleaners every other month or so.  We use the coffee maker on a daily basis, so the deposits build up.  I don't use the programmable feature anymore, but when I did it worked well.  I have had some issues with grounds getting into the coffee, but I have chalked that up to either cheap filters that fold over during brewing or it needs to be run through a clean cycle.  The clean cycle is probably one of the best features on the coffee maker.  It takes an hour or so, but I feel like it works better than just running a cycle of vinegar and water.

Not so hot Mr. Coffee Thermal coffee maker...

from 98674

Comments about Mr. Coffee 8-Cup Thermal Programmable Coffee Maker:

My wonderful husband purchased this coffee maker for me to replace a smaller Mr. Coffee coffee maker.  (We love Mr. Coffee!) At first it was great.  I loved the stainless steel carafe, it was totally stylish and matched my other appliances.  A few days into it I was wondering if I could return it...it didn't keep my coffee hot and there's not a way to keep the warming plate on.  I can make a pot of coffee for my husband at 5 am and when I got up at 7 it would be luke warm, hello mr microwave...ick!   If you're a zombie woman by the time bed time rolls around (like me) then you'll forget to empty the carafe (since you can't see that there's still coffee in it) and go about making coffee.  In the morning your husband will have a huge mess to clean up, I guess it could be fine if you're mad at him.  I've also experienced problems with the filter caving in and then since the hole is so small in the carafe it quickly gets filled with coffee grounds and there's nowhere for the coffee to go except on the ground. The buttons often get stuck, could be the many overflow incidents though.

I wish I would have taken this coffee pot back, even after 3 years of use I still forget to empty it from time to time and wake up to a mess.  I would never purchase another coffee pot with a carafe.

Hot Coffee? Not so much.

from Mesa, AZ

Comments about Mr. Coffee 8-Cup Thermal Programmable Coffee Maker:

I've had a 4-cup Mr. Coffee for over 15 years that works great.  It's just too small.  Thinking the brand would be a safe bet I purchased this 8-cup with the thermal carafe.  To my disapointment, if you don't drink that coffee right away, within 15 minutes the coffee is luke warm.  There is no hot plate on this unit and you will be left completely dependent on the carafe to keep your liquid gold - HOT.  Also, several times I have experienced the heartbreaking spill of coffee all over the counter if I screw the lid of the carafe completely closed.  In essence the carafe has to be at least a quarter of the way open to avoid the spill, and that may also lend a hand in the luke-warm coffee situation.  Overall, the price didn't hurt the pocket, it's a simple unit to work, but not exactly the quality I was used to with my 4-cup.  If your going to give it a shot anyway...I would definitely recommend getting the glass carafe.  At least that way your hot plate can keep your coffee hot while you get the kids ready in the morning.

Great bang for your buck!

from Port Orange, FL

Comments about Mr. Coffee 8-Cup Thermal Programmable Coffee Maker:

*This is a great coffee pot for the price.  It has many features, such as the timer, and the removable grinder pot.*

*Only bad thing is that when you fill it, you MUST be careful to only fill it to the 8 cups, or it will spill water all over your counter.  I learned the messy way!!*