4.1

4.1

Pros

Cons

Most Reliable

I go through an easy 2-3 pots of coffee a day and burn through coffee pots faster than most people burn through underwear. So far I must say this is one pot that seems to keep up. With its easy side opening top for easier access to the water reservoir and arm that swings to go over the basket when it closes is an asset. To add to its features that normal pots have such as a timer, automatic shut off and the like it has an additional feature to brew a normal pot of coffee or a strong pot (which is great for my household and helped to put a little savings in our coffee purchases.). The only complaint is that the pot its self, it is like any other pot except you have to be extra careful when you pour. I always pour my cup over the sink because it just never seems to pour straight and runs down the side of the pot spilliing. This can be very irrating but does not deter from the great coffee the pot produces.

Brew Performance
This machine has consistantly brewed a great cup of coffee for me everytime in a timely manner.

Cleaning this pot is no easier or harder than your average coffeemaker.

Just pour the water and click the brew, if you want a strong pot hit the strength button. Thats about it.

The top that opens to the side helps makes filling the reservoir that much easier.

This is the only coffee pot that I have had for more than a year. Normally I have to purchase 2/3 coffeemakers a year but then again my coffee pot is used from morning till night. I have to say that this one has been able to keep up nicely

Starts out great then it's horrible.

I bought this coffee maker about a month ago. It worked great for about two weeks. It then started steaming very badly and fogged up the clock. A few days later, it would end the brewing cycle about half of the way through. I had to quit using it entirely when it would cut itself on with no warning & would then not shut off unless it was unplugged. I am really disappointed in this coffee maker. I have had a lot of good use out of my past Mr. Coffee coffee makers and I am really disappointed in the quality of this product. I can see why it was discontinued. I was looking for a coffee marker with the timed brewing & considered other coffee makers, but I felt like this was a good choice at the time. I also like the fact that you can select between two different brewing strengths. The design was also another key factor in why i purchased this model. If I knew that I would only get two weeks of reliable use out of this coffee maker I would have definitely selected a different model. After the problems I have had with this coffee maker I am going to think twice before I purchase another product made by Mr. Coffee. I am thoroughly disappointed.

Easy to use but something isn't right

from Clinton, TN

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

I have had this coffee maker for some time now. I love the ease of use, and I love that it brews a big pot but it's also easy to use if I just want a cup or two. The coffee tastes great, and brews in a reasonable amount of time. I also love that I can set the timer and prep my coffee at night and it turns on and brews all by itself in the morning. I don't need to function before my first sip. There is a slight problem though, I enjoy flavored coffee creamers and I love a variety of brands and flavors. Unfortunately the only brand I can use now is coffee mate. I believe the brewer makes the coffee too hot. International delights and Bailey's creamers curdle in my cup when I pour the coffee in. If I let the coffee sit for 5 or 10 minutes and then pour the creamer in, it's ok, but who wants to wait to drink their morning lifeline??? All in all I like this coffee maker. It's easy to use, coffee tastes great, and it looks pretty stylish on my counter. Even with a few issues, it's a pretty good machine, for a reasonable price. Also, I can use all my favorite coffees in this brewer. I love a coffee variety, and I get it here.

• Brew Performance:

Another star in a long line of great coffee pots!!

from Philadelphia, PA

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

The Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker is another great Mr. Coffee coffee maker.
This drip brewing pot makes a full 12 cups for easy entertaining or as little as 2 if you just need an afternoon pick-me-up.
The carafe is glass but can be swapped out for a thermal one easily. The handy side view water fill line window makes it easy to fill the reservoir (I like to pour it straight from my brita pitcher).
This coffee pot is also equipped with strength brew controls so you can have it more or less strong depending on your tastes.
A built in alarm lets you know when your morning cup of joe is ready and again when the 2 hour keep-warm time is up. This pot keeps the base warmer on for 2 hours from the time it is finished brewing and automatically shuts off so keep it from burning.
Like some other Mr. Coffee pots there is a programmable timer you can set to have your coffee brew for you whenever you need it. If you want it to be ready as soon as you roll out of bed or when arrive home after a long day of work.

The coffee tastes great, as always with Mr. Coffee which is in part thanks to the built in water filter that comes with the unit and sits atop the basket. You can choose to use the traditional paper filters or a washable and re-useable one.

Just pour some vinegar in the reservoir, brew it through and rinse a few times by running a couple brew cycles with just water.

oh so pretty! I love my stylish red one!

Most Reliable

Brew Performance

Cleaning this pot is no easier or harder than your average coffeemaker.

• Brew Performance:

The coffee doesn't like the cup

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

It brews decent coffee but just about every time I try to pour the coffee into my cup, it gets everywhere else too. The pour spout on the actual pot just sucks. The setting controls can also be kind of intimidating for those of us who do not like to read the directions.

Brew Performance
it's pretty cut and dry on brew performance. It brews a decent cup as long as you know what you are doing.

It's no worse than any other coffee maker as far as cleaning but it would be nice if someone invented an easier way.

The controls can be a little confusing. When I am half asleep I do not want to try to figure out which buttons I have to push for coffee.

The pot that comes with this coffee maker sucks. It gets coffee everywhere. They could put a little more thought into the design so that coffee does not end up all over my countertops.

It still works after two years and one move so I guess it is pretty durable. I have not tried to really test how durable it is but with normal use it will last a long time.

Great coffee maker

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

I have had this coffee maker for about a year and the exact same one before that. It has been a great product. I love how easy it is to program and have coffee waiting in the morning! This may be discontinued, but they still sell them at Walmart.

It is a little difficult to clean the water reserve. I would love it if it detached.

• Brew Performance:

Starts out great then it's horrible.

• Brew Performance:

Quick to brew and easy to use.

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

Not top of the line, but definitely not at the bottom either.

Brew Performance
Brews super fast, and has an alarm that beeps when your coffee is ready.

The basket is removable, which makes that part of cleaning a breeze. Then there is the water-and-vinegar trick for the tank. Generally speaking, this machine is super easy to clean up.

Even if I did have any issue figuring out how to operate the coffee maker, the instructions provided are very helpful and very plainly stated.

This coffee maker has a sleek appearance and many useful functions. The stainless steel trim gives it a "flashy" look, for those who are into that type of thing. There is the "set it and forget it" function, which is super useful for busy mornings.

I have only had my coffee maker for about four months and it is holding up fantastically so far. I guess I really can't say much in this area, except for that my boyfriend is a danger to all electronics and has yet to mess anything up.

Great coffee maker

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

I've had the Mr Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker for about a year now. It's a great coffee maker for the price you pay for it. It has some very good features, and I'm happy with it. That's why I'm a bit confused at hearing that it has been discontinued. I like that the opening at the top if big, and it makes it so easy to pour the water in it to fill it up. Another feature that is awesome, is that you can choose to brew regular strength coffee, or you can choose to brew it stronger. I always select the "stronger" setting. I like that it has a replaceable filter. It makes the coffee taste so much better than it would if you had just poured regular tap water in it. I like that it beeps to let you know when your coffee has finished brewing. It also beeps after two hours to let you know that it is turning itself off. I have really enjoyed having this coffee maker. It doesn't get clogged or brew slowly like most other coffee makers do after a few months. This one brews fast each and every time. It's been a great product.

• Brew Performance:

Good for the not-so-frequent coffee drinker

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

My husband and I don't drink coffee that often and so this one works well enough for us. If we were heavy coffee drinkers I wouldn't want the glass pot because it is so breakable. We had not used our coffee maker more than a moth and coffee grounds were already starting to find their way to the bottom of the pot. However, it is very easy to use for the occasional coffee drinker.

Mr. Coffee 12 cup programmable is economical

from Coatesville, PA

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

This is a great coffee maker if you don't want to go the more expensive K-cup route and if you are looking for just a coffee maker for a couple or family. It is easy to use, reliable, and you can set the brew strength. It has a timer so you can have fresh coffee when you wake, but only takes about 5 minutes to make a pot if you want to make it to drink immediately. I like the modern design and the chrome front. Other bonus features are a brewing pause and serve button and water filtration system.

It has a removable filter basket that lifts out for fast, easy cleaning.

I love the 2 hour auto-shut off feature and the brewing pause and serve so you can pour a cup before it is finished brewing.

The chrome looks modern.

No problems yet, and I've given this to my college-aged daughter for her apartment so it will be used well and hard so we'll see.