Other Coffee Makers:
BVMC-CHX23

Pros

Cons

• Brew Performance:

Love me Mr Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker!

I got my Mr Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker as a Christmas gift and just love it! The features that is has that i like is you can program it to make your coffee,has a automatic shut off and its easy to program and clean. At 1st when i received it i thought it would be hard to get programmed,but actually it was very easy and anyone can do it so that is a huge plus. Also it is very nice to wake in the morning and have your coffee waiting on you as well as the automatic shut off shutting it off in case you forget. Also it's the perfect size and don't require much room and also looks stylish. I have yet to have any problems out of my Mr Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker so i highly recommend it to all the coffee drinkers that's looking for that perfect coffee pot.

inexpensive but reliable

As a college student, I immediately went for the cheaper end products for my kitchen when I finally moved into an apartment. This is a simple, no fuss, inexpensive product for those who simply want a machine to brew the coffee and nothing else. The digital readout clock and delay brew setting work perfectly fine. A tip to save you time in case you don't read the manual (as I didn't before figuring this out) there is an am/pm setting. It's just that it shows pm for pm and blank for am.

The figures on how much water and coffee to use in the manual called for a significant amount more coffee than on the package of coffee I had, so only follow that if you want a really strong brew.

I have also use this coffee maker to simply heat water which worked ok. The water didn't come out as hot as I would have liked, but it was the right temperature for my boyfriend, so maybe that is just a personal thing.

Overall, this is an inexpensive product which does what it says. Since there is no heating fixture below the pot to keep the coffee hot make sure you only make what you can drink within a short amount of time.

Great Coffee Maker

from Elizabethtown Ky

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly
  • Durable
  • Easy To Clean
  • Easy To Use
  • Large Pot
  • Multiple Settings
  • Stylish

Cons

• It shuts its self off after so long

• Everyday

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

I drink coffee all day long, from the morning until I go to bed. This machine is amazing at working day in and day out and still haven't had a problem out of it. It handles my all day uses of all day brewing! It looks fancy too.

Great basic coffee maker

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

This Mr Coffee maker is great for a basic coffee maker. It holds a very decent amount of coffee so if you drink many cups of coffee per day you only have to make one batch and it is good all day long. It is very simple to use and can be used by anyone even if they are not a coffee maker whiz. You have the option to make as many cups as you want though, so this is a great pot even if you only want a few cups. The only thing you have to buy extra is of course, the coffee and the filters. Mr. Coffee is a very durable machine as well. I have had mine for many years and it has never broken. The only problem I have is the lid no longer fits correctly so when you pour the coffee it sometimes spills out and dribbles down the side of the pot making for a mess to clean up. It is rather annoying, but does not compromise the taste of the coffee.

Brew Performance
Always great tasting coffee with Mr. Coffee machines.

Love the timer feature.

• Brew Performance:

No bells and whistles but it works

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

We got our Mr Coffee as a hand me down from a friend and it served us well for over two years. When we received it our friend had long since gotten rid of the instructions but it still took me about a minute to figure out the various features. Simple to use is, in my opinion, very important for something that I use to wake up in the morning. The best feature for me about the Mr Coffee is that it is programmable. I can set it up before I go to bed and hubby, who wakes up really early, can have his coffee waiting when he comes downstairs to go to work. If you are looking for a coffee pot that has a lot of extra features like brew strength than this is probably not the coffee pot for you. But if you just want a reliable coffee maker than I think this one is hard to beat for the price. We had ours for almost two years (and I'm pretty sure that our friend had it for a few years before that) when it started leaking. I would fill it before I went to bed and hubby would get up to half of the water I had put in it on the counter. All in all though I would say that for the price we (or our friend) more than got our money's worth.

• Brew Performance:

Quite nice, durable coffee maker

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

Fairly basic coffee maker. Functional but nothing special. Makes basic coffee, lasts a decently long amount of time even with intensive use. (I make multiple pots a day almost every day.) Two hour cut off can be annoying if you forget about it, but it is a decent safety feature, so no real complaints. 12-cup is a good size.

Brew Performance
Makes coffee, still nothing special, but nothing to complain about either. Decently fast though brew time does get slightly slower as it gets older.

Fairly standard cleaning for a coffee pot, nothing different to complicate matters. Inside is kind of difficult to clean but that is true of just about all coffee makers I have ever seen.

Have had it through three years of multiple pots a day and transport to and from college. I`ve even knocked the plastic part off of a desk without any damage. It does get a little slower and louder as it becomes older.

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

It is extremely easy to brew the perfect cup of coffee.

Brew Performance
It is easy to see how much water has been added and determine how many grounds you need to add for the perfect brew of coffee. The coffee is never too hot and the stay warm plate keeps the coffee at the perfect temperature.

All you have to do is rinse out the pot daily to stop coffee stains on the inside of the pot. If you have hard water you need to make or brew a pot of water with either white vinegar or baking powder to remove the hard water build-up inside the coffee maker. Just do this once a month to keep your machine running like brand new.

The clock is very easy to set. So is the timer. The timer can be set for anytime of the day or night. You only have to set the timer once and every morning you can wake up to a fresh pot of coffee. You can also over ride the timer and just start a pot as needed.

I think the design is absolutely perfect. I can think of nothing I would change. I have never had problems with coffee grounds in the coffee. The filter fits so that it can not slip or spill the coffee grounds. The opening for the water is very wide and doesn't cause you to spill water when you fill the coffee maker. The pot is clearly marked to allow you to see exactly how many cups of coffee it is filled to. Also, the area that holds the water is marked as a reminder of how much coffee you will make.

I have been using this brand of coffee maker for so long I don't remember using anything else. I received a new one for Christmas and finally retired the one I had been using for over five years.

• Brew Performance:

Wonderful coffee maker and great value.

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

I love this coffee maker. Easy to program and use. The coffee always tastes great, and I like that it automatically shuts off after two hours. I really have no complaints with this coffee maker at all.

Brew Performance
It brews the coffee very quickly, and has a handy stopper when you remove the carafe in case you really need that first cup before it is completely done brewing. I know I've had a few mornings like that. The coffee always tastes nice and fresh, never burnt.

There really isn't anything to clean other than the exterior, the carafe, and the filter basket once in awhile. These things are all a breeze to clean.

It's so easy to use. Just your basic drip coffee maker, and brews the coffee right away. The program buttons may take a little adjusting to, but you will have them mastered after a pot or two.

The design is sleek. There is no wasted space and fits nicely on my breakfast bar.

This coffee maker seems very durable to me.

Coffee whenever.

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

I love this coffee maker, I love the programmable delay button for any time that you want coffee. If you are like me and cant wait for a full pot of coffee to brew, it has a stoppable brew system to stop brewing so you can pour a cup of coffee.

Brew Performance
The brew performance is phenomenal. It has a stop brew system if you want a cup of coffee before the pot is done brewing. The brew time is very fast and only takes a few minutes, I can handle that.

This coffee brewing system is great to clean. It is very easy to run vinegar water through the system a few times and it is clean once again.

Very easy to use, simple and makes more than one cup.

I like how the top lid comes down and if the water spout is not in the right spot it corrects it when you close the lid. I like how you can set the delay for any time you get up in the morning so coffee is ready. I also like the shut off timer, if it has been on for a few hours it automatically shuts itself off.

We has a issue with the first one we bought, it seemed as if the system is fried by a broken seal to contain the water. We found water all over the counter the next morning.

Great, Basic Coffee Maker

from Austin, TX

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

This coffee maker is simple, nothing fancy, but I like it. Prior to this, I had a combination coffee espresso maker. I believe I made espresso 5 times in the 5 years I had it...As a result, when my husband and I moved I decided to ditch the fancy coffee pot and go with something a lot less bulky. My only condition was that it had to be programmable so I could make coffee at night and wake up with it ready during the week. I took myself down to Bed, Bath, and Beyond and found this coffee maker on sale. It was already cheap and even more so after the mail-in rebate. There is nothing fancy about it, not even a thermos carafe, but it gets the job done and does so without taking up a lot of counter space.

Brew Performance
I just put in the water and very quickly I get the amount of cups I want.

I don't have to clean it very often, but I do put the carafe in the dishwasher if it starts to look stained.

Very easy. The clock is easy to set. I was able to figure out the delay set without even using instructions.

I'm sure there are more aesthetically pleasing desings, but this takes up little room and has no unnecessary bells and whistles.

So far, so good, although, I paid so little for it, if it does break down in the future I won't cry. I'll just go out and buy another one just like it...although, maybe with a thermos carafe next time.

Decent Straighforward Coffee Maker

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

This is a good choice for a basic coffee maker. We are daily drinkers and purchased this model because you can set everything to go the night before and program it to brew when you wake.

The Carafe and coffee basket clean easily, cleaning the water resivor is a little more tricky.

The carafe spout dribble a lot if you don't hold it 'just so' when you pour. Other than that I have no issues with the overall design

• Brew Performance:

Love me Mr Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker!

from Johnson City, TN