2.9

2.9

Pros

Cons

• In-Flight Accommodations:

The one with the hot chocolate chip cookies

As many people know, airlines have been struggling for quite some time now to remain afloat. Many airlines have had to cut back on their budget and this includes those once coveted snacks/meals we all once received several years ago. I frequently travel, at least 2-3 times a year and the cost of flying has not become all that inexpensive in recent times. Many things come into question when trying to decide which airline to fly, the most common being price. However, along with price comes the service provided. Many airlines now no longer serve any type of food at all unless otherwise purchased. They are also at many times, not very helpful when trying to remedy issues with flight arrangements. However, Midwest has risen above many of their fellow airlines to continue to provide quality service along with those coveted snacks we all enjoy. While it may not be the full-meal we once had, without a doubt, if you fly anywhere on Midwest now, you will received hot, tasty, chocolate chip cookies along with a beverage (you even get to have the whole can). Because of this wonderful addition to my flight, I would have to say that Midwest is at the top selection of airlines for me to fly. The only real drawbacks are the cost is somewhat more expensive and they do not travel as many places as other airlines may, at least not directly.

Midwest Airlines, 5 strikes and you're OUT

Outbound from Milw. to Orlando was OK.  Half hour late due to light snow, I can understand.  However, the return trip was unacceptable!  I made reservations in October for my March flight - had seats reserved for my family of 4.  Arrived at airport 2 hours ahead of scheduled flight and was given 4 seats, but scattered around the plane.  My children were seated rows and rows away from us in middle seats next to strangers for a 2 1/2 hour flight.  Strike One.  Was told to speak to the guy at the gate.  Guy said (no lie) "I didn't make these reservations - it's not my fault".  No help at all.  I could talk to other passengers and see if they would switch.  Strike Two.  30 minutes after scheduled departure time, no information given about reason for delay.  Went to ask unhelpful guy.  He told us that maintenance was needed.  60 minutes after scheduled departure time, still no information given about reason for delay.  These people had an intercom, and did not use it.  The only way to get even the slightest information was to go up to the guy who was not "responsible for the problem".  Passengers started to go up one by one and ask questions.  Finally, an announcement was issued that a previous passenger had "ripped up an armrest and it needed to be fixed".  Maintenance had been called.  Strike  Three, Four and Five.  Anyone here who can problem solve??????  How about offering a single passenger a free ticket on the next flight?  How about giving us information???  How about duct tape?  90 MINUTES LATER WE TOOK OFF. ALL FOR AN ARMREST??  By this time (10:00 pm - flight was scheduled at 8:30 pm) my kids were NOT in the mood to sit by strangers.  Midwest sucks - not for the problems they experienced, but for how they handled them.

Used to have better rates and flight options.

Comments about Midwest Airlines:

Living in the Midwest (Chicago), I have used this airline quite a few times. If you were stuck in a jam, if other carriers weren't flying, if flights were delayed, or if you simply wanted to avoid getting stuck and taking a one way flight, non-stop, this airline carrier was decent, and offered rates lower than major carriers. Although their jets are smaller, seats aren't as comfortable, and they do not offer many amenities on board, the fact that they were cheaper and offered non-stop flights around the Midwest, was a major draw for me.

However, as of recent years (the past 1.5 years or so), I have had issues with them. I have found they cut back on flights to certain minor outlying cities, flights are constantly overbooked, and rates have jumped. Yet, they have not improved on in flight amenities, or the quality of their planes.

If they can get back to basic service for lower pricing, I would consider flying with them again. But, if they keep up with the same service, and increased rates (Still a few dollars cheaper than you pay with other major carriers) I would advise flying with a major carrier, simply for the comfort and flight availability.

• In-Flight Accommodations:

Midwest Airlines offers ccommuter service ina limited market.

from Peoria, AZ

Comments about Midwest Airlines:

Being from the Midwest, we have flown on this little commuter plane on numerous occasion. They offer competitive prices, good service and they gets you from point A to B. I normally try to do some work on these flights but it is almost always a bigger challenge than I am up to. The recent flight that I have been on are not full so moving to different seats is usually not a problem.

Service
Starting with booking a reservation and ending with a flight, the staff is usually courteous and helpful. Normally on time -they can deplane, fill with fuel, do a quick clean up and be in the air quicker than I could possibly imagine. The only negative is that the planes are rather on the small side and the seats can seem rather small and if you happen to have long legs, or weight a few extra pounds, comfort might not be a part of your flight

In-Flight Accommodations
These small aircraft don't normally offer drinks or snacks to passengers but on some they now have a attendant and offer soda and such. Some even offer cookies which shocked me. I normally just grab a bottle of water in the airport prior to boarding. There is not such thing as a bargain fare with these commuter flights. You just pay the price. The purpose of these aircraft is to move people from point A to point B with as little problems as possible. Most of the flights that I have been on are not full and once everyone is seated you can normally spread out a little.

Now part of Frontier

from united states

Comments about Midwest Airlines:

Midwest Airlines used to be the perfect little discount airlines to pick up a little puddle jumper from one small town mid-west city to another. Midwest Airlines is also one of those airlines that you take a short little flight from a small town mid-west city to a larger airport offering transcontinental or international flights.

Service
One of the good things about flying Midwest Airlines is the fabulous personality that just comes along with those who live in the midwest and the south. A couple of years ago, Midwest Airlines was taken over by Frontier Airlines.

In-Flight Accommodations
Midwest Airlines offers the standard in-flight accommodations that come along with your basic discount airlines. Today, Midwest Airlines is now part of Frontier Airlines. While Frontier Airlines offers a number of in-flight accommodations, they all come at a cost. Internet is not one of the in-flight accommodations that are available on Frontier Airlines.

• In-Flight Accommodations:

price a litle higher, but well worth it.

from Milwaukee, WI

Comments about Midwest Airlines:

I have loved the Midwest airlines way of flying since I moved to Milwaukee 14yrs ago. if the price is close to that of a competitor I fly Midwest. plus you get a fresh baked choacolate Chip cookie when you fly.

I will only fly on Midwest from now on.

from Topeka, KS

Comments about Midwest Airlines:

I had to make an unplanned trip at Thanksgiving because of a death in my family. I was told to try Midwest. This was on Sunday morning and I had a flight out the next morning with a return flight scheduled for the following Monday. I thought one week would be long enough.The service wasn't planned until after I arrived and was for the following Tuesday. Midwest 's Customer Service bent over backwards to change my flight information at no cost. The $100  fees were waived.  You can not beat that for service.  From now on I will go through them first.

The only way to fly!

from Omaha, NE

Comments about Midwest Airlines:

Their planes are comfortable, service is good, food is reasonably priced for what you get, cookies!, business class amenities at coach prices.  If the route permits, this is the only airline I fly.  The only down side is that because they are not large, they don't get priorty into some airports.

Best Airline Around

from Andover, KS

Comments about Midwest Airlines:

Just an excellent carrier. I have flown many times and they are almost always on time and have fantastic service. And who can resist cookies?  I am moving to Austin, Texas from the Kansas City area and am thrilled that they have a direct route from those two cities, at a price usually less that Southwest.  I think Southwest is also an good carrier,but I do enjoy the larger seat and more legroom that I get with Midwet.

The Best Care in the Air - not just a slogan!

from Boston, MA

Comments about Midwest Airlines:

Have had only great experiences with Midwest.  They have a deep commitment to service and seem to genuinely care about customers - a rarity these days.  The seats are all business class and they still bake chocolate chip cookies onboard.  I was worried about AirTran's attempted purchase, and was relieved that they will remain independent.  Hopefully the new ownership firm will not change this gem.  My only wish for Midwest Air is that they would fly to Eau Claire, WI!

Flights were fantastic

from Brooklyn, NY

Comments about Midwest Airlines:

(LaGuardia-Milwaukee-LaGuardia) I was very concerned about flying Midwest due to the terrible reviews recently, but was very surprised. I flew them 2 years ago and loved the service and it was still the same this time. The flights were operated by Republic Airways, but with Midwest jets and there were no issues there. The service was great, I got the free chocolate chip cookes on the return flight, which was a huge plus because they are so good. Both flights were on time and landed early. The planes were clean and very well kept. I would still recommend them to anyone based on what I saw this weekend.

midwest air at DC - terrible experience

from Longmont, CO

Comments about Midwest Airlines:

Bad experience with midwest at Washington DC airport. Their staff there dont know how to help their customers and are VERY rude (especially the woman with name tag 02-11, yodit). Midwest needs to do a better job to train their front desk staff since that is the window they show to the customers their service. For me, it is not worth it to fly them to save a few bucks.