Other Airlines:

Pros

Cons

• Service:
    • In-Flight Accommodations:

Jet Blue is better than the bad publicity suggests.

I'm not someone who travels much.  This isn't necessarily by choice, mind you, just that I seem to prefer to have my fun all year round rather than trying to pound as much as possible into a week or ten days.

Until this past January, I hadn't been on an airplane since 5th grade (I'm now 27 years young).  So, needless to say, my experience is rather limited.  My brother moved down to Tampa, FL last year, and I decided to go see him and also spend some time with my parents, who were vacationing down there as well.  My family had always gone with Jet Blue for their Florida trips, so I decided to conform and fly Jet Blue out of Boston as well.

Despite the nightmarish Valentine's Day storm that handcuffed the airline so badly, my experience just 2 1/2 weeks prior was quite different.  I found the automatic check in to be quite easy.  The baggage claim people were friendly and helpful (again, not on a plane since 5th grade, a lot of this was foreign to me!).  The in-flight crew were polite.

I paid $99 each way (total cost for round trip after taxes and what not was about $215).   I really don't know if I could've done much better.  But for no stops, and the perfect times of day for flying in and out, I wasn't going to bother looking elsewhere.  I'm pretty self-sufficient.  I don't need a lot of amenities when I'm flying.  Give me a book or a magazine, a soda, and a light, and I'm good.

I did find the DirecTV service to be useful, especially on my flight back.  Like many airlines, all they offered for food was a soda, water, or coffee, and a light snack (peanuts, cookies, etc).  But the flight was barely 3 hours long, so I didn't see a problem.

I know this airline got a bad rap after what happened in February, but I found them to be first class in every way possible.  Call me naive, but I was perfectly satisfied in every way possible.

best for longer trips

I fly all the time for work and for pleasure. I started using JetBlue a few years ago for my cross-continental trips and fell in love. The snacks are great, the planes are comfortable, and hey, you can watch TV! Then I decided to use them for shorter trips...between NYC and Chicago. Awful, awful! They book their flights so close together that they can rarely make the turnaround. Every time i've flown them on this route, there has been a delay of at least 1.5 hours. I think they just have unrealistic expectations of everything working competely as planned. If one minor detail is affected, their whole schedule falls apart. Use them for long haul, but not for short.

Enjoyable Airline, Great Features

from Boston MA

Comments about Jet Blue Airways:

Free snacks, wifi, and entertainment seem like they should be a very obvious value, but most airlines fall short and JetBlue takes a major lead. I wish they flew more internationally, but domestically, hard to beat!

Would definitely use again!

from Long Island, NY

Comments about Jet Blue Airways:

The seats were comfortable and they were very accommodating with our car seat. We didn't get an attitude like we have had in other places.

The best!

from New York City

Comments about Jet Blue Airways:

This airline is my go to! I usually look for flights with JetBlue before any other airline. I always end up booking my domestic trips with them. They have great service, the planes are updated, staff is professional and courteous, snacks and drinks are free. I haven't had a bad experience with them to this date. I've been using them for over 5 years. Great airline, great service!

The best!

from Ormond Beach, FL

Comments about Jet Blue Airways:

Jet blue is at the top of the pack when it comes to airlines and I am considered a road warrior when it comes to work travel. Flying cross country often it's such a joy seeing new airlines offer Jet Blue flights. From free wifi, more sitting room, great snacks and friendly staff, to a reputable reputation from helping those in harms way get out of dodge, you just can't go wrong! I heart Jet Blue!!

Favorite Airline

from Milford CT

Comments about Jet Blue Airways:

I've been using Jetblue for 10+ years. Its my preferred airline. I've never had an issue with delays, staff has always been friendly and positive. I like that they have free wifi on planes .I even tweeted them while on my flight because I had an issue with the headphones not working. They helped me resolve the issue in minutes ( ps if you have headphone with a microphone don't insert the jack all the way) Snacks are yummy, great selection of drinks on flight. Make sure to follow them on social media and for their newsletter for last minute deals for better savings. I alsoo like that they are affordable . The few times I haven't flown them I was disappointed

Returning Customer

from Livingston, TX

Comments about Jet Blue Airways:

I have not received a sample. I am not an employee or family of. Several years ago I frst heard of JetBlue Airline when someone I knew used this airline when visiting. When I flew out of state, I also used the airline and had no complaints. Before Using the airliine I had never heard of I kept asking did you have a good flight (not bumpy and no complaints), so chose them when I vacationed. Attendants were polite and helpful. Flights were on time and I encountted no problems. I have had a few funny moments through the years that have had nothing to do with whick airline I went on. My family flies when can afford to do so forvisiting relatives out of state which is not every year.

It's one of the best Airlines that i've ever used

from Piscataway, NJ

Comments about Jet Blue Airways:

The first time that i used this airline two years ago, i was very satisfied, it offers a great service where you'll be very comfortable during all the fly. Sincerely it's one of my favorite airlines though it doesn't have many advertising.

goo the same

from san

I have a

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Jetblue has gone downhill

from Fairfield CT

Comments about Jet Blue Airways:

I have been flying Jetblue for many years, since they first started up. I have always loved their service/flight and thought they were the best. Not anymore. Since July 2014, i have flown them 6 times and all 6 times have had numerous delays (with very little information given to the passengers), rude airport staff, rude flight attendants, and overbooking. About the only good thing it still has going for it is the extra legroom and no fee for checked baggage. I think i will have to consider another airline the next time i fly.

Like A Rocky Ride On The "Cheese Bus"

Comments about Jet Blue Airways:

Last November I took my first round tip flight from NY City to Barbados. .Jet Blue was the only airline that offered the flight non stop. Reliable on time service was rendered. Professional courtesies were extended, but my round trip flight on their air busses were rocky and shaky with no menton of turbulance. I felt a little bit like a school kid riding on the "Cheese Bus" My first checked bag was free of charge. The aisle on the airbus is very narrow.

Service
The ground staff and flight staff were very polite professional and accomodating. My luggage was overweight by 5 pounds They politely recommended I take the excess weight and add it to my husband's underweight bag. They patiently waited.

In-Flight Accommodations
Inexpensive and tasty snack box variety was offered. I purchased the meat snack box and the cheese snack box. I asked the flight attendant to deliver it to my husband who was seated 12 rows behind me as he booked his flight last minute. The flight attendant cheerfully obliged.

• Service: