Other Airlines:

Jet Blue Airways

Pros

Cons

• In-Flight Accommodations:

Jet Blue is better than the bad publicity suggests.

I'm not someone who travels much.  This isn't necessarily by choice, mind you, just that I seem to prefer to have my fun all year round rather than trying to pound as much as possible into a week or ten days.

Until this past January, I hadn't been on an airplane since 5th grade (I'm now 27 years young).  So, needless to say, my experience is rather limited.  My brother moved down to Tampa, FL last year, and I decided to go see him and also spend some time with my parents, who were vacationing down there as well.  My family had always gone with Jet Blue for their Florida trips, so I decided to conform and fly Jet Blue out of Boston as well.

Despite the nightmarish Valentine's Day storm that handcuffed the airline so badly, my experience just 2 1/2 weeks prior was quite different.  I found the automatic check in to be quite easy.  The baggage claim people were friendly and helpful (again, not on a plane since 5th grade, a lot of this was foreign to me!).  The in-flight crew were polite.

I paid $99 each way (total cost for round trip after taxes and what not was about $215).   I really don't know if I could've done much better.  But for no stops, and the perfect times of day for flying in and out, I wasn't going to bother looking elsewhere.  I'm pretty self-sufficient.  I don't need a lot of amenities when I'm flying.  Give me a book or a magazine, a soda, and a light, and I'm good.

I did find the DirecTV service to be useful, especially on my flight back.  Like many airlines, all they offered for food was a soda, water, or coffee, and a light snack (peanuts, cookies, etc).  But the flight was barely 3 hours long, so I didn't see a problem.

I know this airline got a bad rap after what happened in February, but I found them to be first class in every way possible.  Call me naive, but I was perfectly satisfied in every way possible.

best for longer trips

I fly all the time for work and for pleasure. I started using JetBlue a few years ago for my cross-continental trips and fell in love. The snacks are great, the planes are comfortable, and hey, you can watch TV! Then I decided to use them for shorter trips...between NYC and Chicago. Awful, awful! They book their flights so close together that they can rarely make the turnaround. Every time i've flown them on this route, there has been a delay of at least 1.5 hours. I think they just have unrealistic expectations of everything working competely as planned. If one minor detail is affected, their whole schedule falls apart. Use them for long haul, but not for short.

It's one of the best Airlines that i've ever used

from Piscataway, NJ

Comments about Jet Blue Airways:

The first time that i used this airline two years ago, i was very satisfied, it offers a great service where you'll be very comfortable during all the fly. Sincerely it's one of my favorite airlines though it doesn't have many advertising.

goo the same

from san

I have a

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Jetblue has gone downhill

from Fairfield CT

Comments about Jet Blue Airways:

I have been flying Jetblue for many years, since they first started up. I have always loved their service/flight and thought they were the best. Not anymore. Since July 2014, i have flown them 6 times and all 6 times have had numerous delays (with very little information given to the passengers), rude airport staff, rude flight attendants, and overbooking. About the only good thing it still has going for it is the extra legroom and no fee for checked baggage. I think i will have to consider another airline the next time i fly.

Like A Rocky Ride On The "Cheese Bus"

Comments about Jet Blue Airways:

Last November I took my first round tip flight from NY City to Barbados. .Jet Blue was the only airline that offered the flight non stop. Reliable on time service was rendered. Professional courtesies were extended, but my round trip flight on their air busses were rocky and shaky with no menton of turbulance. I felt a little bit like a school kid riding on the "Cheese Bus" My first checked bag was free of charge. The aisle on the airbus is very narrow.

Service
The ground staff and flight staff were very polite professional and accomodating. My luggage was overweight by 5 pounds They politely recommended I take the excess weight and add it to my husband's underweight bag. They patiently waited.

In-Flight Accommodations
Inexpensive and tasty snack box variety was offered. I purchased the meat snack box and the cheese snack box. I asked the flight attendant to deliver it to my husband who was seated 12 rows behind me as he booked his flight last minute. The flight attendant cheerfully obliged.

• In-Flight Accommodations:

I just love this airline !

Comments about Jet Blue Airways:

I flight Jetblue a least twice a year and for me is the best airline. I love flying Jetblue! This is my third time to fly Jetblue, and i have to say that both times the cabin crew were friendly and professional. Also, you can't beat free snacks and tv! Thank you so much Jetblue for the pleasant experience. I look forward to flying you again when possible.

Service
Awesome service, awesome flights.The flights are so spacious and the attendants are too nice.I would strongly recommend this airline.

In-Flight Accommodations
The flight attendants were friendly and helpful, from preparing us for take-off to getting us snacks, drinks, and other amenities. I loved their in-flight television, free WiFi, and movies. Granted, traveling over the Atlantic, the WiFi and television petered out after about an hour, but we still had in-flight movies and Nickelodeon shows to watch.
I just love flying with jetblue and i recomends this airline.

• In-Flight Accommodations:

Worst airline EVER, save yourself the headache

from Connecticut

Comments about Jet Blue Airways:

I will never travel jetblue again! My husband and I had the worst experience. We booked our two week honeymoon to Barbados through our travel agency who used JetBlue for our flights there and back. We arrived 2 hours prior at the airport with plenty of time to board. Once we got to the check in desk to drop our luggage off we were told as well as another woman in front of us that we were not able to board because they closed the flight. They wouldn't tell us why or any other information expect that they could get us on a 9PM flight (it was 7AM at the moment) With no other choice we spent the entire first day of our honeymoon in the airport as we lived a state away and we couldn't even check our baggage in for our later flight until 3PM. The JetBlue employees were rude and arrogant. They had no care in the world and would not tell us any information as to why they closed the flight on not only us but other passengers as well. We finally boarded our 9 PM flight and my husband upgraded our seats ($70 each seat) feeling so badly that we spent our first day in the airport. The crew was so unfriendly and our flight was practically empty. We made a phone call to our travel agent who was very unhappy and called JetBlue herself. She found out that they had a passenger who brought a ton of extra luggage so they hit their weight limit and therefore could not let anyone else on. On our way home with JetBlue the flight was so over packed, they ran out of seats and were asking people to take later flights and to check in their carry on bags. It was absolutely ridiculous and the service was bad once again!

• In-Flight Accommodations:

One of my new favorite airlines.

from Stroudsburg, PA

Comments about Jet Blue Airways:

I flew JetBlue Airways from New Jersey to Florida, and it was the first time I've ever flown on JetBlue. I travel a lot but I usually go on US Airways, Delta, Allegiant, or United Airlines. I have had trouble with all of those airlines but not with JetBlue. Not only was it an inexpensive flight, but it was one of the most comfortable flights I have been on yet. The JetBlue flight had plenty of extra leg room, and the seats weren't cramped together. I usually get bad motion sickness and anxiety, but JetBlue made me feel at ease and very comfortable. The seats were extra cushioned and cozy. It was only a two hour flight but I felt very relaxed and fell asleep for the whole flight. I didn't get motion sickness at all. Not only was the airplane comfortable, but the flight attendants were very accommodating and pleasant. Even though it was only a two hour flight JetBlue gives you a full free drink of your choice, and a bag of chips or cookies, which I wasn't expecting but it was very nice. Most airlines nowadays for a short flight don't give you anything.

Not only was the flight really nice, but going through security and checking my bag was a breeze. I was early for my flight, and didn't have any problems with the airline at all. I will definitely be flying JetBlue again, because I was very satisfied.

Service
The service was great. Going through security was a breeze, and everyone was friendly and accommodating. The flight attendants were very friendly, and so was everyone working at the airport.

In-Flight Accommodations
Usually for such a short flight you don't get anything, but the flight attendants were very nice and accommodating. I got a free checked bag, not only that but a bag of chips and a full can of soda. Most airlines are cheap and just give you a small cup to drink, but they give you the full drink to enjoy. You had a choice between a bunch of different snacks to choose from. Not only that but the seats were very comfortable, and there was a lot of leg room. Also if you wanted another snack they were inexpensive for a full snack box. Only $6 which is cheap for airplane food.

Reliable service

Comments about Jet Blue Airways:

JetBlue Airlines is a reliable carrier of flights around the United States. They have expanded their service to cover major airports, such as Boston's Logan Airport, and smaller hubs, such as Providence's T.F. Green Airport. With options existing for point of flight origin, their prices are affordable and comparable to other airlines in the market. Jet Blue also offers a unique feature, compared to other airlines, of the in-flight television service that provides a welcome distraction to passengers travelling longer distances. While no carrier offers meals anymore, the snack service on Jet Blue rates the same as the competitors. Staff on the planes have always been courteous and friendly. The pricing and in-flight TV give Jet Blue a leg up on the rest of the airlines I have flown with. If Jet Blue is headed to my destination, it is the first airline that I consider for my travel needs.

Inexpensive But Impressive

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Jet Blue Airways:

I have flown on Jet Blue a few times for local, short flights and once for a flight cross country from Pittsburgh to Los Angeles. The one thing that I love about using their website is that it shows me the prices for the same flight if I am willing to change my arrival or departure date. It is also a simple format that is easy to navigate.

Since I am an amputee I need to be able to take my leg off and stretch out my residual limb; I have never had a problem with Jet Blue not being accommodating. When the plane is loaded and they have all of the passengers seated I usually ask if I can move to an area where there aren't any other people so I can take my leg and sleeve off without people feeling uncomfortable.

The prices for flights are comparable to other airlines but their service is better; there are some nice free snacks and drinks to choose from but if you are going on a longer flight you might want to pack some of your own snacks or a small meal. They do sell boxed lunches and boxed dinners but they aren't all that filling if you are really hungry. If you are a coffee junkie you with love the fact that they have Dunkin' Donuts coffee.

When I have to fly I check the Jet Blue site first for the prices; I only travel with one bag and they allow you to have one bag for free. I have a trip planned for early next year to Los Angeles where I will get to try out the Jet Blue Mint service. I booked the flight for $699.00 round trip.

• In-Flight Accommodations:

A good compromise between discount and pricey

from San Antonio, TX

Comments about Jet Blue Airways:

In an age where flying is no longer about luxury, it is easy to feel nickel-and-dimed by airlines. They have found ways to charge for basic services we all once took for granted. Jet Blue, while certainly not immune to these changes in culture (they charge for snacks in-flight, after all), still retains at least the spirit of the brand they created for themselves years ago. They are still a relatively small airline, which is good for customer service, and their flights offer more amenities than bare-bones cheap airlines like Allegiant or even Southwest. The television service is a nice touch, and most flights have wifi now. They do allow one checked bag for free which makes travel much easier (it is a nightmare to try and cram everything in a carry on).

Service
Jet Blue staff have always been cheerful and helpful. It's one of my favorite things about flying with this airline.

In-Flight Accommodations
Love the tvs, hate that I have to pay for snacks.