3.6

3.6

Pros

Cons

• In-Flight Accommodations:

Customer service at its best!

I love this airline! I live in Alaska and use this airline quite often. The Customer Service agents go above and beyond to seat my toddler with me when we can't get seats together at check-in. I have had a lot of other airlines just tell us to ask people on the plane which can be stressful when people are all trying to board and get situated. I have also noticed that they are one of the few airlines that still let families with kiddos board first which REALLY helps. The flight attendants have always been very friendly and usually go out of their way to make sure we have everything we need including juice for take off and landing.....nice trick for little ears. I have had many pilots talk to my little one as we board or deplane and even give him wings....which he thinks is pretty cool.

We are world-travelers and I have not noticed that this airline has any more delays then any other airline. The weather in Alaska does cause some delays that trickle down the system but you can't exactly control the weather. I have found that this airline has a fair compensation program as well, giving snack coupons and phone cards for certain delay lengths.

One little story to point out the great customer service...I had tried to check in with Alaska then realized I was actually flying on a Northwest operated flight. I headed off across the airport with my infant, 2 bags, car seat, stroller, etc. I managed to make it about halfway there and realized I forgot my tickets at the Alaska counter. I was about ready to cry! I then hear an agent calling out my name. The Alaska ticket agent actually came looking for me with my tickets! She then preceded to help me get to the NW counter. That is service!!!

Where first class feels like economy/coach.

On flying first class from Anchorage to Portland and returning a week later, I was shocked at how old, tired and shabby the plane was, how old, tired and shabby the flight attendants were and how uncomfortable first class was.  The seats were a lovely 70's era 'pleather' that was sticky and uncomfortable.  The seat belts made me wonder if I had somehow gained 50 lbs I didn't know about -- they were so incredibly short/tight.  Low and behold a discount flght on Southwest showed me that the Alaska belts were 6 - 8" shorter.  The 'snacks' available to first class were of lesser quality on the 4 + hour flight than what was given to me on the hour long Southwest flight.  The first class seats didn't even recline so you could rest -- which was an important consideration on the midnight flights I took.  Bottom line:  don't waste your money on first class on Alaska Airlines, coach on other carriers is just as comfortable.

DONT FLY

from Utah

Comments about Alaska Airlines:

Do not fly Alaska Airlines. I was told I couldn't cancel my trip because my grandmother had a stroke and I was now a full time care taker. I was told however there is good news, if she dies I could extend the tickets for up to a year. What type of company spins the death of a family member as a bonus for flying.

Nice People But Thoughtless

Comments about Alaska Airlines:

My family's trip to see my sister in Walla Walla, Washington could have been much better than it was. On the final leg of our trip, the airplane from Seattle to Walla Walla, flew us all the way out there, and refused to land, turning back to Seattle instead of choosing to land in a nearby airport. The pilot didn't seem to care that he had stranded all of his passangers in Seattle. His response over the P-A was short of, "sorry, good luck with the rest of your trip, I don't really care what happens to you. My mother panicked. The customer service folks were nice, but not very helpful. I had nobody there that genuinely wanted to help us. I had to do the leg work for both our parents. The phone number we were given for the Ramada was for the wrong Ramada and my mother ended up paying for two hotel reservations at midnight. I feel that the airline should have compensated us for our loss time and energy wasted. I don't think they really care about the passengers, but they pretend to. I was severely disappointed on how things were handled. A stewardess we talked to later said, "The pilot could have landed, but he chose not too." She was helpful, once she was off the clock.

Service
We were served if not valued. I felt that the handling of our situation was handled very, very, very poorly. I think that this pilot should be fired or have to compensate all the passengers he stranded because he didn't feel like landing in Walla Walla or land at a neighboring airport. He wasted time and money by returning to Seattle. He used poor judgement and the customer service was lacking when we had to clean up his mess.

In-Flight Accommodations
I don't believe there were any accommodations. Free wine was served when the pilot refused to land. The snacks were awful, the wine was bad. I have had better service on Southwest Airlines. I asked if they had any other snack other than mustard pretzels and the flight attendant said that they did not and proceeded to snub me and move on to the next person.

• In-Flight Accommodations:

the name doesn't give away it's talents

Comments about Alaska Airlines:

This airline is second to none. It has thought of everything from ambassadors for the disabled, like me to making sure I am comfortable on the flight. They seat us in rows 6 that have only 2 seats allowing lots of room and making sure that I am first one on and the last one off.

Service
Service is excellent. The in flight attention is remarkable as they make sure I have water for my medication or a pillow for me to rest on. I think when I came in a wheel chair, they realized that this customer would need extra attention. And I got it!!!

In-Flight Accommodations
Excellent. As I mentioned above they make sure we have row 6 to have the extra space. You don't appreciate that until you are disabled. Even though our trip was only 4 hours, Kelowna to Las Vegas it went by so quickly. By the time I had my juice, it was time for pretzels and then nap time. I highly recommend this airline as having flown with it many times they continue to provide the same quality service.

Can't Complain for the Price I Paid

Comments about Alaska Airlines:

I flew to see my family this summer after Alaska Airlines had an awesome deal on tickets. They marked them down to sixty five dollars one way, which is awesome! The only downside was that I had to pay a fee of thirty five dollars for my luggage. Most airlines are that way, but because I usually fly Southwest Airlines, I guess I am not used to paying for my luggage. I flew with our baby, and they do not charge for carseats, or the stroller I flew with. I loved taking my stroller with me. I was able to get through the airport with it and then as I boarded the plane, I left the stroller at the front with them. They take care of it, and right as you get off the plane, they have all the strollers up front waiting for you, which is nice. The flight was actually somewhat on time, and we actually arrived to our destination twenty minutes before scheduled. It was really nice being early considering that does not happen very often. The flight wasn't too overcrowded and I was satisfied with the Alaska Airlines employees. They were all helpful and cheerful.

• In-Flight Accommodations:

Great prices and direct flights

from Provo, UT

Comments about Alaska Airlines:

I have been super impressed with my flights on Alaskan airlines. Their prices have been super reasonable, and often we have gotten one way flights for a hundred dollars. And in our family of four it makes round trip flights a lot more doable. Another plus for Alaskan airlines is that they offer direct flights from Salt Lake City, Utah to Portland, Oregon which recent airlines have discontinued and more than doubles flight time.

Service
No complaints here. There were the typical in flight drinks offered, the stewards and stewardesses were very friendly and offered promptly. I received a lot of help with my two young children and their service was excellent.

In-Flight Accommodations
Their airplanes vary from which airports you are traveling from, how long the flights are, and how full the flights are. They supply drinks and a light snack on all flights, I believe. Some flights have offerings of films, but I travel a short two hour flight and do not get that option.

Great flight from PDX to SEA to ORD

from Chesterton, IN

Comments about Alaska Airlines:

My husband had some credit from a flight he had to cancel so we decided to do a little 3 day weekend to Portland. We took Alaska both going and coming, but the flight home stood out the most and made our experience the best.

Upon going, which was in the morning, we were offered Starbucks coffee and a little in flight snack. On the way home, which was in the afternoon, we had one stop in Seattle until we continued on to Chicago. This is roughly a 30 minute flight on a propeller plane. Right after take off we were immediately offered locally brewed beer or wine free of charge. What? Do domestic airlines even offer that any more? Apparently Alaska does and I love them for it! After drinks we were offered a light snack and Starbucks coffee.

The flight from Seattle to Chicago got a little intense. There were two men on board who were drinking alcohol at a crazy rate and at one point a flight attendant cut them off. They became a little unhappy about this, but lucky due to bad weather they simply explained to the men that they couldn't continue service because they were ordered to be seated due to safety reasons. Although they accepted this reason they weren't all too happy. We did in fact fly into some bad weather that happened to be hitting Chicago at the time. Viability was really low, but the landing was as good and as smooth as could be and the captain got a round of applause upon touching down.

Overall good experience. Very professional and had nice little detailed like the local beer and wine. I really appreciate details like that. Would definitely use again.

• In-Flight Accommodations:

This is a good airline company so far!

from Puyallup, WA

Comments about Alaska Airlines:

I just took a trip with my family this past week and we took a plane both ways through Alaska Airlines. It all went pretty smoothly. I was traveling with kids, so I was hoping that it would just be an easy trip and it was. The kids enjoyed the first plane ride the most because they gave them coloring books and crayons. On the second plane ride they didn't provide that. We had no problems with boarding the plan or getting our luggage, which was nice. I did notice that one person that was handling the luggage was a little rough with it and one of our bags had some marks on it when we got it back. It was nothing major though. On the first plane ride it seemed like their was more room than the second, but it was still good. We got two drinks and a little snack bag of a pretzel mix. There was also the option of buying snacks or food if you wanted more. I miss the days that they would give you meals on the plane for free. There was also handheld devices to watch movies on for purchase as well. All in all it was a nice trip. My kids loved riding on a plane and it all went smoothly. The airline people were nice and we arrived a little early on both flights. I would use Alaska Airlines again.

Service
All the people that worked there were nice and helped you if you needed it.

In-Flight Accommodations
There was food, drinks and movies available. There was air conditioning and lights above you and the chairs reclined a little.

Great service

Comments about Alaska Airlines:

This flight was a little different. It was one of the newer 747 planes and they told us it was new. We didn't board the plane until 20 minutes after it said we would. We started boarding right around the time we should have left. We sat on the plane for what felt like forever. It was a nice plane, but man the wait took forever. It was over an hour after our flight time was set that we left. They had to fill out new paperwork for the new plane and it took them a while. Once we were in the air the flight went by quickly. The staff was very friendly and the new seats on the new plane were really roomy. I was quite impressed. We also had good seats with headrests in them. I was definitely a fan. The staff brought around food and we enjoyed the cheese and fruit trays and enjoyed some beverages. The bathrooms were nice and roomy too. Better than the ones they have on most airlines. I was definitely a fan of that. All and all it was a great flight!

• In-Flight Accommodations:

One step above budget airlines while still a great deal

Comments about Alaska Airlines:

I have flown on Alaska Airlines for over 20 years. Every experience with them has been good. The service is always courteous and they typically provide more amenities and food/drink options than other major non-luxury airlines. I have also been very impressed with their routes. While you can spend less money with other airlines you will typically have to make a couple stops or layovers to get to some destinations from Seattle. Alaska Airlines offers a nonstop flight to many of these destinations for only a little bit more money. Overall, Alaska Airlines is a great deal for people willing to spend a bit more money and get a bit more service and convenience.

In-Flight Accommodations
My experience with Alaska Airlines is that you get a little bit more food and drink in comparison to other domestic airlines.

Nice Flight to San Diego

from Palm Bay, FL

Comments about Alaska Airlines:

Well, let me start by saying this company flies to more than Alaska. I think that is what people always think when they see the name. We took this airline from Orlando to San Diego for a straight through flight a few months ago. We were able to pick our seats in advance, which was nice. We also got drinks and snacks offered several times. Surprisingly, the little meals they offer onboard were reasonably priced - about $7. I had some of the trail mix and chocolates from one of the meals, and it was good. I would recommend buying them if you are hungry. They also rent DVD players onboard for only $10. I think this is a great price. I had brought a magazine to read, but if I had not I would have probably gone for that. They do have a loyalty program, which we went ahead and signed up with to start earning points. Hey, you never know when you might fly with a company again! Maybe a trip to Alaska is in order...