3.6
Men's Health

Men's Health

3.6

some good info but after a year of mags' it gets repetative

I had a subsciption to Mens Health for a couple years. I mainly bought it for the fitness and nutritional info which seemed good at first because I did not have that much knowlege in those catagories.  The additional articles about random ways to pick up women or how to be succesfull and whatnot were interesting and amusing to say the least.  I found after a couple years that the information started to get repetative and I did not need the magazine when I could research any questions/supplements/strength,conditioning routines I had online. I still use Mens Health for their web-based information, but mainly for their free forums section on their website, there is a lot of good links to informational articles along with many people who know what they are talking about when it comes to fitness and nutrition.  This magazine is a good purchase for anyone new to the fitness scene and needs some solid base information and there are usually deals where a subscription costs little to nothing.

List after list of mostly useless information

***Bottom-Line:*** I have come to the conclusion the **Men's Health** is not written for...Read complete review

***Bottom-Line:*** I have come to the conclusion the **Men's Health** is not written for me.

I had been meaning to pick up an issue of **Men's Health **for quite some time when I picked up a copy-the October 2007 issue-while shopping for a computer manual at *Borders*.  The cover-as they always tend to do-featured a rather buff Jason Statham and article titles in big bold letters designed to catch the attention of that man looking for advise on *Six-Pack ABS, *or how to* Dress for More Sex, *or how to* Eat Better and Think Smarter, or *(my favorite) read what* 1,293 Sexy Women Confess What They Want in Bed.*

The problem with **Men's Health** is that there is very little useful information to be found with the fold of the magazine despite it daunting size.  Most of the articles are snippets of information stuck between far too many glassy advertisements featuring young male models in clothing I would never wear and probably couldn't afford.  Same for the automobiles.  To be sure there was one rather lengthy article in the issue I read, but it was about dogs of all things!  The article I wanted to have some substance-a snippet on Michelle Ryan, the new Bionic Woman-was barely a page in length; how disappointing.

And yes there was a snippet or two about healthy food, but nothing I didn't already know.  And the lists, there are endless lists of thing we can do to improve this or that, mostly dealing with self-image and sex; there are very few actually devoted to well, men's health.  Has our attention span grown so short that we must now condense or leisure reading into bullet points; endless lists that tell us how to live our lives?

I have come to the conclusion the **Men's Health** is not written for me, a man in the middle of his life, settled, with a family, a regular job, with far too little time work workout, and far too little money to afford the rich life-style pimped by the magazine.  Perhaps if I were young, rich, hip, the magazine would appeal to me, but I am none of those things, so...By the way what is the deal with all the lists?  Oh I already asked that question, I am still waiting for an answer.

Great magazine for men!

Comments about Men's Health:

Whether you are looking for advice on working out, supplementation, sex, lifestyle changes, or just how to become the best version of yourself Men's Health is a great place to start. Each volume of this magazine is full of articles about how you can start to improve your life one step at a time!

Men need to know how to live healthy lives

from Salt Lake City, UT

Comments about Men's Health:

I enjoy reading. It just so happens to be one of my favorite passtimes-especially when the information being obtained is beneficial to ones health. I thoroughly enjoy Men's Health for the sheer fact that you can learn how to change your diet and exercise routine in a such a way that life improves. Knowing that men and women are not created equal should also entice fellow men to pick up a copy to learn how they can face the issues confronting other men. Good Nutrition seems to impact every facet of life-including sex. We all want to better ourselves so pick up a copy and see what youre missing out on

Great articles on healthy eating and simple workouts

from Daly City, CA

Comments about Men's Health:

A wide variety of articles on nutrition, dieting, exercise.  I used to be a subscriber but I let it lapse.  I picked up the current copy at the newstand and decided to start another subscription.  i am especially interested in articles for men over 50 years old, pro's and con's of carbohydrate watching, and body sculpting.  I would like to see more articles on team sports; especially senior team sports such as basketball and softball.  I read several good articles on nutritional supplements; especially on supplements that target specific health issues such as memory and joint pain.

Too much about abs not enough about life

from Chico, CA

Comments about Men's Health:

There is way too much about abs and not enough about life. This magazine talks too much about the body and sexual dysfunctions. There is nothing about parenting, children, marriage, or hobbies.  There is other things to think about than how you look in low rise jeans and if you can keep your tallywacker hard.  I would like a magazine to talk more about life.

Too Pretentious for my simple lifestyle.

from Escondido, CA

Comments about Men's Health:

I found this magazine to be more fluff than substance.   I was looking for articles and advice geared to "everyday" people, but it seemed more focused on those who were already healthy and buff.   There are a lot of advertisements in this magazine, which detract from the few good articles I was able to find and somewhat identify with when reading it.   All in all, I guess if you are already in shape, it could be a good magazine for you.  Otherwise, in my opinion, it's a waste of time.

Men's Health covers everything a healthy man needs to know!

from Fishkill, NY

Comments about Men's Health:

Whether you need advice on working out, eating right, picking up chicks, or doing cool things, Men's Health is the magazine for you. I started my subscription a year ago. I have so many favorite parts it is hard to decide which is best. They always have a new "abs" workout every month which gives awesome advice on new exercise to uncover your abs. They always have great advice on what to eat on a healthy diet. They describe what foods are cancer causing or bad for you when you would think they are good. They describe the best workouts for you to do to obtain the best results. They give you success stories of people who have lost a significant amount of weight and turned their life around. They give you dating advice from famous ladies to tell you the best way to pick up and treat a woman. They do all of these things and more. Don't pay full price for the magazine. You can always find a better deal at discountmags.com or on spoofee.com if you search. It is a great magazine!

great magazine for your average guy.

from Hopkinsville, KY

Comments about Men's Health:

Okay, so I ordered my first subscription to Men's Health and I must say, great magazine. It has just about everything that concerns and interests a guy my age, without half naked women on the cover and on every other page. I have a family, a wife and an 11 year old boy. I prefer to not have those types of magazines (Maxim, Details, etc) around for my son to and wife to see. With Men's health I get great nutritional information, awesome articles, great how to sections, REALISTIC fashion advice, and exercise routines, without the innapropriate pictures. BUT I still get the cool, edgy articles and information that I would normally get in one of the other magazines. They also have great interviews with people that I am interested in. Very easy to navigate. Down side, I didn't like all the ads. WAY to many ads. Although I understand the need for them. I would highly recommend this magazine to people in my demographic.

this is the best fitness magazine

from Culver City, CA

Comments about Men's Health:

This magazzine is very good for finding out exercise plans to stay fit, and also meals that will help maintain a healthy body. It also talks about fitness supplements that will help you get bigger quicker and maintain it.

Its a great mens health magazine!

from Springfield, MO

Comments about Men's Health:

mens health magazine is a great magazine! i love it! it helped me find a way to lose 30lbs! Im down to the size that I wonna be at an Im proud of my self! mens halth magazine has workouts inside of it regarding your core, back, arms, chest, legs and every pther part of your body that i didnt mention! I recommend this mens health magazine to any guy out there

some good info but after a year of mags' it gets repetative