Other Coffee Makers:
Melitta
Melitta 10-Cup Thermal Coffeemaker

Summary

The Melitta 10 cup coffeemaker with a Thermal carafe has 3 brew strength settings including regular, bold, and robust. The adjustable warming plate allows you to control the temperature in the carafe after brewing. The cone filter basket provided better flavor extraction for a better tasting coffee. Other conveniences include programmability with a 2 hour shutoff and automatic pause and serve functionality.

Melitta 10-Cup Thermal Coffeemaker

Pros

Cons

Okay coffee maker

Comments about Melitta 10-Cup Thermal Coffeemaker:

We bought this coffee maker back in April of last year. Off the bat, we were very satisfied with the design of the coffee maker as well as the ease of use. The timer function is really neat, although we have not used it a lot. Unlike some of the other reviewers, I am not too impressed with the temperature of the coffee. I wish it was hotter, since I always drink my coffee with milk and do not want to bother with heating the milk. A negative thing about this coffee maker is that it has a tendency to drip/leak when you poor from it. Also, the coffee maker broke down totally (would not power on any longer) after about eight months of use, but that may be our own fault, since we never got around to decalcifying the coffee maker.

Brew Performance
Brews a decent coffee, but a bit too cold for my taste.

It is really easy and intuitive to use.

Love the look of this coffee maker. The blue light is kind of cozy.

The machine broke down after about eight months, but it may have been our own fault.

• Brew Performance:

Finally a way to keep my coffee warm and fresh with no scalding.

Comments about Melitta 10-Cup Thermal Coffeemaker:

I love this coffee maker! I am an addict. I need a couple cups of coffee at least in order to function at my normal capacity. I like to return and have another cup an hour or 2 later. Sometimes I want a cup of coffee in the afternoon, several hours after I initially made the pot of coffee. This always meant that I had to make another pot. I considered the brewstation that keeps it warm, but everything I read said that it scalded the coffee as it kept it warm. So I heard that the way to go was an insulated carafe. Well that makes sense. But there were not insulated carafes available for the coffeemakers that I had. The last coffeemaker that I had was the free Gevalia one. It took forever to brew and leaked if you didn't have the lid EXACTLY right. This one is awesome. It brews pretty quickly. It has a nice display for the timer option. IT KEEPS THE COFFEE HOT FOR THE ENTIRE DAY! I can go back in the evening to get it ready for the next day and what is left is still steaming! It is also an attractive coffee maker. This is the one to buy!

Not love but like alot.

from Acra, NY

Comments about Melitta 10-Cup Thermal Coffeemaker:

Overall it is good. Brews fast. The coffee is hot.

Brew Performance
Very good, has 2 brewing tastes, regular, bold and robust.

No problem with cleaning. The top come off of the pot completely so you can get inside for a good cleaning.

Very easy. Put the water and coffee in, press the button and there you are. Great because while it is brewing if you can't wait you can take the pot out and pour a cup and it stops and starts again when you replace the pot.

Good design, except that the pot is quite heavy and I have to use 2 hands to pour because of the heavyness.

Looks like it will last forever.