Other Coffee Makers:
Keurig
B40
Keurig Elite Gourmet Single-Cup Brewing System

Keurig Elite Gourmet Single-Cup Brewing System

Pros

• Easy to use (25)
  • Brews quickly (15)
  • Stylish (15)
  • Multiple settings (13)
  • Durable (11)

Cons

• Hard to clean (12)
  • Limited cup sizes (4)
  • Coffee doesn't stay hot (3)
  • Limited features (3)
  • Pricey / poor value (3)

• Everyday (25)
  • Home (18)
  • Office (11)
  • Short trips / weekends (10)
    • Brew Performance:
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Everyday drinker (15), Casual drinker (7), Coffee aficionado (5)
    • I received a sample (40), I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand (3)

New parents have to own this coffee maker!

When I asked for this coffee maker for Christmas, I almost took it off my Amazon wish list. After all, I have way too many coffee makers already. I can make coffee with a European press, my espresso machine, a small four-cup coffee maker or a nice LCD display automatic timer 12-cup stainless steel machine. Shoot, I can even brew coffee in the woods with my camping percolator or my camping espresso maker. Let's just say I like coffee.

So I really didn't think I needed another method of making coffee, but I had people bugging me for gift ideas and a shortage of time to look for things I want and this went on the list.

Then I got it. I plugged it in. I brewed coffee with it. The other coffee makers got tucked deep into a bottom cabinet in my kitchen.

The beauty of this coffee maker is does two things a groggy, sleepy person needs in the morning: it brews coffee quickly, and it doesn't take much effort to brew a cup. I've always hated finding the filters, fidgeting with them until I get one loose, finding the coffee, trying to scoop it in without getting grounds everywhere, pouring in water and, worst of all, waiting for an entire pot to brew.

Once my baby twins arrived, they conspired with my 4-year-old to keep me away from my beloved coffee in the morning. Then the Keurig arrived, and I could now brew my coffee and actually drink it before the kids finish their Cheerios. No handling filters or coffee grounds. The tank holds enough water for several cups. You just get a coffee cup, lift the handle on the machine, pop a K-Cup coffee pod in, close and press the "start" button. In 30 seconds, the coffee is done. Sweet!

After one day of owning my coffee maker, my husband said to me, "This was the best gift you got!"

The annoying thing about the coffee maker is that no one sells the coffee in stores. You can find maybe one or two varieties at Target, but no local grocery store carries the K-Cups. You can deal with this by ordering online ahead of running out. (I actually sent a rude email to Green Mountain Coffee when I learned it would be several days before my order shipped and I was running perilously low. The customer service representative responded that she would have it shipped immediately, since it seemed to be urgent.)

If you are getting it as a new parent, the other downside is the noise. It makes a loud rumble as it brews and reloads the chamber with water. If you have noise-sensitive babies (or household members), it could wake them.

All in all, I just know one thing. I can actually drink a cup of coffee when I want it: the minute (literally) I wake up.

Do not buy the Keurig Elite because it does not work.

Bought the Keurig Elite for my wife for a Christmas present.  Turned it on and all LED lights flash.  I have checked the web and learned the following:Read complete review

1.  I am not the only person to have this problem.

2.  The problem is fatal for this product.

Do yourself a favor and vist Keurig.com and see if you can search "troubleshoot".  It does not exist.  You will see that their web is set with a focus on marketing rather than support after purchase of the product.

The price and the product are horrendous.

Great machine worth the price

from Los Angeles, California

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly
  • Durable
  • Easy To Use
  • Multiple Settings

Cons

• Hard To Clean
  • Loud

• Office
  • Weekends

Comments about Keurig Elite Gourmet Single-Cup Brewing System:

I love using this machine. It brews quick, like having coffee on the go.

Pretty good, easy to use.

from St. Cloud, FL

About Me Casual Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly
  • Durable
  • Easy To Use
  • Stylish

Cons

• Hard To Clean

Comments about Keurig Elite Gourmet Single-Cup Brewing System:

This coffee maker is easy to use, makes a cup of coffee quickly and is great! Best coffee maker I habe had so far. Has not let me down yet.

Love My Keurig

from Nashville, TN

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly
  • Easy To Use
  • Multiple Settings
  • Stylish

Cons

• Hard To Clean
  • Limited Features

Comments about Keurig Elite Gourmet Single-Cup Brewing System:

Love this product. I received it as part of a review and it works great. Easy to use and great for everyday coffee. A bit hard to clean which is really it's only down fall.

I would buy again

from Muncie IN

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly
  • Easy To Use

Cons

• Coffee Doesn't Stay Hot
  • Hard To Clean

Comments about Keurig Elite Gourmet Single-Cup Brewing System:

I do like this coffee maker. It's quick and single serve so you can have many varieties. The coffe is good. The only downside is the coffee doesn't stay hot long and I have a hard time cleaning keurigs.

Makes very weak coffee

from Kingsport TN

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly
  • Easy To Use

Comments about Keurig Elite Gourmet Single-Cup Brewing System:

While this brews quickly, the coffee is always weak. I've tried every brand and every type of coffee I can imagine, and all the settings, but I simply cannot get the coffee to brew with any strength. It's just brown water, really. There's also a very weird plastic taste that won't go away, no matter how many times I clean the machine.

So many different uses

from Chicago, il

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly
    • Easy To Clean
    • Multiple Settings
    • Stylish

Comments about Keurig Elite Gourmet Single-Cup Brewing System:

When I bought this kerig I wasn't sure about using a k cup everyday. After all they get expensive and produce more waste. However I found this machine is perfect for my French press and my loose leaf tea. I even use it for instant hot water to make soup. I do enjoy the occasional k cup and love that I can fill the tank once a day and use it for all my needs

I like this product but wouldnt buy again

from Elkhart Indiana

About Me Coffee Aficionado

Pros

• Brews Quickly
      • Durable
      • Easy To Use
      • Stylish

Cons

• Hard To Clean
      • Small Pot

Comments about Keurig Elite Gourmet Single-Cup Brewing System:

I love that its fast stylish and coffee in seconds but I don't really care for the fact that there is not enough space for where you would place your cup to be filled I drink a lot of coffee and love to have a big cup exspecialy if leaving I have to use a smaller cup and run my pod thru twice to fill one big cup other than that its great

Good product

from libya

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly
      • Easy To Clean
      • Easy To Use
      • Large Pot

Cons

• Small Pot

• Office

Comments about Keurig Elite Gourmet Single-Cup Brewing System:

A practical and beautiful product
      good luck

Great system!

from Kirksville, Mo

About Me Casual Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly
      • Easy To Clean
      • Easy To Use

Cons

• Limited Features

Comments about Keurig Elite Gourmet Single-Cup Brewing System:

I use this almost daily to fix my coffee and overall it's a great product and very easy to use

Still works

from OHIO

About Me Casual Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly
      • Durable
      • Easy To Use
      • Multiple Settings
      • Stylish

Cons

• Coffee Doesn't Stay Hot

• Weekends

Comments about Keurig Elite Gourmet Single-Cup Brewing System:

Since I'am the only coffee drinker in the household, I bought the Keurig singlecup coffee brewer. I use it almost daily and it still works great after a year. Only downside it seems like the coffee just doesn't get as hot as I would like. It easy to use and clean