Other Coffee Makers:
Keurig
B40
Keurig Elite Gourmet Single-Cup Brewing System

Keurig Elite Gourmet Single-Cup Brewing System

Pros

• Easy to use (13)
  • Stylish (9)
  • Fast (8)
  • Multiple settings (7)
  • Durable (5)

Cons

• Hard to clean (7)
  • Limited cup sizes (4)
  • Pricey / poor value (3)

• Everyday (13)
  • Home (8)
  • Office (7)
  • Short trips / weekends (6)
    • Brew Performance:
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Everyday drinker (7), Casual drinker (4), Coffee aficionado (3)

New parents have to own this coffee maker!

When I asked for this coffee maker for Christmas, I almost took it off my Amazon wish list. After all, I have way too many coffee makers already. I can make coffee with a European press, my espresso machine, a small four-cup coffee maker or a nice LCD display automatic timer 12-cup stainless steel machine. Shoot, I can even brew coffee in the woods with my camping percolator or my camping espresso maker. Let's just say I like coffee.

So I really didn't think I needed another method of making coffee, but I had people bugging me for gift ideas and a shortage of time to look for things I want and this went on the list.

Then I got it. I plugged it in. I brewed coffee with it. The other coffee makers got tucked deep into a bottom cabinet in my kitchen.

The beauty of this coffee maker is does two things a groggy, sleepy person needs in the morning: it brews coffee quickly, and it doesn't take much effort to brew a cup. I've always hated finding the filters, fidgeting with them until I get one loose, finding the coffee, trying to scoop it in without getting grounds everywhere, pouring in water and, worst of all, waiting for an entire pot to brew.

Once my baby twins arrived, they conspired with my 4-year-old to keep me away from my beloved coffee in the morning. Then the Keurig arrived, and I could now brew my coffee and actually drink it before the kids finish their Cheerios. No handling filters or coffee grounds. The tank holds enough water for several cups. You just get a coffee cup, lift the handle on the machine, pop a K-Cup coffee pod in, close and press the "start" button. In 30 seconds, the coffee is done. Sweet!

After one day of owning my coffee maker, my husband said to me, "This was the best gift you got!"

The annoying thing about the coffee maker is that no one sells the coffee in stores. You can find maybe one or two varieties at Target, but no local grocery store carries the K-Cups. You can deal with this by ordering online ahead of running out. (I actually sent a rude email to Green Mountain Coffee when I learned it would be several days before my order shipped and I was running perilously low. The customer service representative responded that she would have it shipped immediately, since it seemed to be urgent.)

If you are getting it as a new parent, the other downside is the noise. It makes a loud rumble as it brews and reloads the chamber with water. If you have noise-sensitive babies (or household members), it could wake them.

All in all, I just know one thing. I can actually drink a cup of coffee when I want it: the minute (literally) I wake up.

Do not buy the Keurig Elite because it does not work.

Bought the Keurig Elite for my wife for a Christmas present.  Turned it on and all LED lights flash.  I have checked the web and learned the following:Read complete review

1.  I am not the only person to have this problem.

2.  The problem is fatal for this product.

Do yourself a favor and vist Keurig.com and see if you can search "troubleshoot".  It does not exist.  You will see that their web is set with a focus on marketing rather than support after purchase of the product.

The price and the product are horrendous.

Reliable and Easy

from Cumberland, MD

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly
  • Easy To Use

Cons

• Hard To Clean

Comments about Keurig Elite Gourmet Single-Cup Brewing System:

Have been using this ever since I started drinking coffee years ago. So easy to use, just put water in the side, coffee in the keurig cup holder and put the flashing button. Then in makes your coffee within a minute or two.

Would buy again

from Fort worth Texas

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly

Comments about Keurig Elite Gourmet Single-Cup Brewing System:

Works great but seemed to slow down brewing after using everyday for a year

Perfect coffee cup in few touches of buttons

from Rosemount, MN

About Me Coffee Aficionado

Pros

• Accommodates All Cup Sizes
    • Durable
    • Easy To Use
    • Fast
    • Multiple Settings
    • Stylish

Comments about Keurig Elite Gourmet Single-Cup Brewing System:

I like it for my everyday coffee and tea drinks. I can brew hot and cold beverages with it.

Not a bad product!

from Atlanta

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Easy To Use
      • Stylish

Cons

• Hard To Clean
      • Limited speed after time

Comments about Keurig Elite Gourmet Single-Cup Brewing System:

I purchased this product about a year ago and I love it. I am a big coffee and tea drinker and it's just me that really drinks it. It was always such a pain making a whole pot of coffee and dumping it because I didn't want the whole pot. The start up /how to use instructions were very easy. It is hard to clean so I really try to only use bottled water. The distilling process or what ever they call it is kind of confusing which could just be user error. I also purchased my grandparents one so it definitely makes a great gift. I have heard of people having issues after storms with their product so just as a precaution whenever I finish using my I just unplug it. After a year it does seem to be running a bit slower than when I first got it. Other than that it has been a joy to have and an overall great buy.

I love this product

from New Port Richey Fl

About Me Coffee Aficionado

Pros

• Accommodates All Cup Sizes
      • Durable
      • Easy To Use
      • Fast
      • Multiple Settings
      • Stylish

Comments about Keurig Elite Gourmet Single-Cup Brewing System:

I use my Keurig everyday! What I love most about it is it's quick and easy to use, I can have a cup of coffee made in less than a minute and be out the door.

Great Cup Of Coffee

from Kernersville NC

About Me Casual Drinker

Pros

• Easy To Use
        • Fast
        • Multiple Settings
        • Stylish

Cons

• Hard To Clean
        • Limited Cup Sizes

Comments about Keurig Elite Gourmet Single-Cup Brewing System:

My husband and I purchased the Keurig ourselves probably 5 years ago. We absolutely love it. We used to have a regular coffee pot, but would end up wasting a lot of coffee because we would always make too much. The Keurig solved this problem. It helped us not to waste coffee by allowing us to make it by the cup.

The only problems I have with this machine is that it's hard to clean the internal parts (we usually use vinegar) and that the largest cup size doesn't fill up a large coffee cup quite lime I'd like it.

I love my Kuerig!

from Wakefield Mi

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Easy To Use
        • Fast
        • Multiple Settings
        • Stylish

Cons

• Limited Cup Sizes

Comments about Keurig Elite Gourmet Single-Cup Brewing System:

This works great! I love the ease of use!

Not quite the hype

from Alabama

About Me Casual Drinker

Pros

• Easy To Use
        • Fast
        • Stylish

Cons

• Fragile
        • Limited Cup Sizes
        • Noisy
        • Pricey / Poor Value

Comments about Keurig Elite Gourmet Single-Cup Brewing System:

Keurigs are extremely appealing because of they are so easy, so convenient, and so fast. In this respect, I agree totally and love this aspect. This is why I myself decided to break down and buy this over-priced coffee maker. Sad to say, that is exactly what this is - an over-priced coffee maker. Only 2 months after using my Keurig, I pressed the button one morning to brew my cup of coffee, only to find that the machine refused to drip. I turned it off and then back on, and still no such luck. Long story short, I tried several things but it never worked again. Household Keurigs are definitely not the hype, as appealing as the ease and quickness is, these qualities do you no good if the coffee maker will not continue to work. I gave it 3 stars for convenience, aside from that I would give it 0 stars.

the great

from Jordan

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Durable
        • Easy To Use
        • Fast
        • Multiple Settings

Cons

• Hard To Clean

Comments about Keurig Elite Gourmet Single-Cup Brewing System:

It is an excellent product for those who like to get a good coffee, it's easy to use, clean and care
        ...................
        >>>>>>>>>>>>
        I like this product bec the price is very good as it is easy to use easy to clean but there ara small issues that the cofee doesnot stay hot and hard to load

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
        I simply cannot live without my Hamilton Beach 2-Way Brewer 49980. I love that this coffee maker allows me the flexibility of brewing a mug of coffee for the road at the start of each work day
        .......................
        ..................................................
        The coffee maker would be great for a couple, family, or just one person. It is also a great product for offices, work places, or small apartments.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
        Very fast for coffee..................................>)

Great Coffee

from MI

About Me Coffee Addict

Pros

• Easy To Use
        • Fast

Cons

• HArd to clean

• Every day coffee

Comments about Keurig Elite Gourmet Single-Cup Brewing System:

I have wanted a Keurig Single-Cup brewing system for EVER. Pretty much since they came out. But we have a standard 12-cup coffee pot so it seemed senseless to have TWO coffee makers. Well, my wonderful husband bought me the Keurig Elite Gourmet Single-Cup Brewing system coffee maker for Christmas and I LOVE it. I love using this because so often in the afternoon I just want one more cup of coffee, but don't feel like measuring and adding coffee to the regular pot just for ONE cup. Enter Keurig. It is perfect if you are in a hurry and just want one cup fast. It's very easy to use. This particular model allows you to choose the cup size you want - small medium or large, and the amount of coffee that is made is automatically adjusted.
        It is easy to use and very quick. The only downfall of this model that I can see is for some reason the coffee doesn't seem to be SUPER hot. It definitely does come out hot, but seems to cool down quickly for some reason.

Overall I love this coffee maker and will continue to use it for a long time!