Other Coffee Makers:
Models:
10096-729, 10096-364
Bodum Young 34-oz. French Press

Bodum Young 34-oz. French Press

Pros

• Easy to use (7)
  • Durable (5)
  • Brews quickly (4)
  • Large pot (3)
  • Stylish (3)

• Everyday (6)
  • Home (5)
  • Short trips / weekends (4)
    • Brew Performance:
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Everyday drinker (6)
    • I received a sample (4), I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand (3)

How can you talk about coffee without Bodum?

Thank goodness I learned a long, long time ago that real coffee comes from a french press.  High quality fresh beans are mandatory.  Grind them up, boil your water and let it steep.  No messy, expensive and non-biodegradable filters to fight with and best of all, easy clean up, grinds go right down the drain!  The coffee is strong and pure, no off tastes here.  The only way to really appreciate your beans is with a Bodum.

Flimsy Quality for a High Price

I prefer my coffee pressed since it tends to bring out the roast more, and most presses generally last a while. However, the Bodum Young 34 oz. French press gave me a lot of problems from the start. While I appreciate, the case for the beaker so that I could freely move and grab my french press while it was in use, the quality of the actual filter plate was beyond flimsy. I began to notice that some of my grounds were slipping up and escaping to the top so I kept adjusting the grind but regardless of the ground of the bean nothing seemed to do. It turned out that the plate wasn't fitting in properly, and after a few uses the filter plate was so bad that it was not even usable because it was bent. I would bend it back but it kept becoming disfigured, and I strictly hand washed this press. It is a shame because the quality of the beaker, and the case were very nice, and it was easy to clean, but with the amount of trouble the press gave me it wasn't worth it.

good

from morocco

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly
  • Easy To Use
  • Stylish

Cons

• Small Pot

Comments about Bodum Young 34-oz. French Press:

is a wonderful and great to use it's so easy and i love hes style that's really easy to use for adul and for children and i guess that's cheap i want to shipe him for my wife
and for the cons for me that's not important just small pot because u can use it just for one and that's good for me ^^

nice product

from kamnouz

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly
  • Large Pot

Cons

• Long Brew Time

Comments about Bodum Young 34-oz. French Press:

Always use this product is really wonderful recommend everyone to buy this product

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Totally in love with this product

from San Diego ca

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly
  • Durable
  • Easy To Clean
  • Easy To Use
  • Large Pot
  • Stylish

• Office

Totally recommend it

Its Nice

from Libya

About Me Casual Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly
    • Durable
    • Easy To Use

Comments about Bodum Young 34-oz. French Press:

Very beautiful it is a wonderful thing and distinctive Kteira
      I recommend you try it because it is really wonderful and very very beautiful and so I advise everyone to answer because it really is a great thing a lot
      You can also use it in all places
      It is a very wonderful tool and very unique and wonderful and new and free for you to advise everyone to try it
      It is considered to be an adjunct to the human being in this modern age, and this product is considered one of the finest products that I have seen in the past, modern, past and present.
      I advise everyone to try it because they will not regret it at all after they buy it and try it
      At first you say what I will do with it. I tell you that it will benefit you in your practical life a lot
      Thank you .

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

I thank the maker of the device

from Josn

About Me Casual Drinker

Pros

• Durable
      • Easy To Clean
      • Large Pot
      • Stylish

Cons

• Coffee Doesn't Stay Hot

Comments about Bodum Young 34-oz. French Press:

I am very happy because this pregnant woman is already there. He helped me a lot in my work. He helps me to regain my activity when the coffee machine breaks down. It reduces the coffee's comfort, but the only drawback is that if you forget it, cool it, but this is not important. I advise you to buy this pregnant.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

One of the most practical coffee preparing sistems

from Bogota, Colombia

About Me Coffee Aficionado

Pros

• Dishwasher Safe
      • Durable
      • Easy To Use
      • Improves Taste

Cons

• Fragile

Comments about Bodum Young 34-oz. French Press:

By not using direct heat on the coffee preparation, the result is a always well prepared coffee enhancing flavours without toasting over flavour.

Nice looking

from Montclair, nj

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Durable
      • Easy To Use
      • Improves Taste

• Office

Comments about Bodum Young 34-oz. French Press:

Easy to use and tastes great. Glad i purchased .

Eh. I don't hate it, but I'm not in love with it.

from Marietta, Ohio.

Comments about Bodum Young 34-oz. French Press:

I'm a coffee lover, and I've heard that the best cup comes from being made with a french press. I searched online and found the best reviews with this one. The coffee was good. I followed the directions, and bought high quality coffee. I was very pleased with the taste. The downside is that it's not very attractive. The glass was very thin and felt very fragile. The handle wasnt sturdy, but it was easy to grip. It isn't the easiest thing to clean. It's not something that I would use for every day use, but would maybe come in handy on camping trips or when the electricity is out.
            I'd say it's okay. I wasn't in love with it, but I don't hate it. I don't regret my purchase, and will use it every now and then. I think it would be a good gift for a coffee lover that has some free time. It's just not practical for every day use. The price on it isn't bad either, compared to some of the others I checked out. Keep in mind that this isn't hard thick glass when you are looking at others. It looks from pictures like it is very thick.

Flimsy Quality for a High Price

from Millville, NJ

About Me Coffee Aficionado

Pros

• Easy To Use

Cons

• Fragile
            • Hard To Clean

Comments about Bodum Young 34-oz. French Press:

Not thrilled with it, not dissappointed

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Easy To Use

Cons

• Time Consuming

• Occasionally

Comments about Bodum Young 34-oz. French Press:

After every one of my friends singing the praises of what excellent coffee a French press makes, I gave in and purchased one. I did my research first and saw that the Bodum won the American Culinary Institute's award for best French press coffeemaker. I tend to trust that organization so I decided to purchase it.

I followed the exact instructions to make the perfect cup of coffee. I used good coffee beans, ground them fresh, and used the right water temperature and plunging technique. While it did make a good cup of coffee, it wasn't anything I would praise nor was it worthy of the praise my friends made of it.

However, the coffee press itself is designed better than the other's I've seen, but the glass is far too thin. The handle is sturdy, the plunger work well, and the pot keeps the coffee hot for longer than I expected. Though I won't use this on a regular basis, it would be perfect for the times the power goes out and I have to heat hot water on our wood burner stove.

Overall, if you can tell a difference in French Press coffee and other coffee, I highly recommend you chose the Bodum Young French Press.

Be wary of the thin glass and pressing the plunger too hard, but otherwise it's a great for the prince.