Other Coffee Makers:
10096-729, 10096-364
Bodum Young 34-oz. French Press

Bodum Young 34-oz. French Press

• Brew Performance:

How can you talk about coffee without Bodum?

Thank goodness I learned a long, long time ago that real coffee comes from a french press.  High quality fresh beans are mandatory.  Grind them up, boil your water and let it steep.  No messy, expensive and non-biodegradable filters to fight with and best of all, easy clean up, grinds go right down the drain!  The coffee is strong and pure, no off tastes here.  The only way to really appreciate your beans is with a Bodum.

Flimsy Quality for a High Price

I prefer my coffee pressed since it tends to bring out the roast more, and most presses generally last a while. However, the Bodum Young 34 oz. French press gave me a lot of problems from the start. While I appreciate, the case for the beaker so that I could freely move and grab my french press while it was in use, the quality of the actual filter plate was beyond flimsy. I began to notice that some of my grounds were slipping up and escaping to the top so I kept adjusting the grind but regardless of the ground of the bean nothing seemed to do. It turned out that the plate wasn't fitting in properly, and after a few uses the filter plate was so bad that it was not even usable because it was bent. I would bend it back but it kept becoming disfigured, and I strictly hand washed this press. It is a shame because the quality of the beaker, and the case were very nice, and it was easy to clean, but with the amount of trouble the press gave me it wasn't worth it.

Eh. I don't hate it, but I'm not in love with it.

from Marietta, Ohio.

About Me Everyday Drinker

• Home

Comments about Bodum Young 34-oz. French Press:

I'm a coffee lover, and I've heard that the best cup comes from being made with a french press. I searched online and found the best reviews with this one. The coffee was good. I followed the directions, and bought high quality coffee. I was very pleased with the taste. The downside is that it's not very attractive. The glass was very thin and felt very fragile. The handle wasnt sturdy, but it was easy to grip. It isn't the easiest thing to clean. It's not something that I would use for every day use, but would maybe come in handy on camping trips or when the electricity is out.
      I'd say it's okay. I wasn't in love with it, but I don't hate it. I don't regret my purchase, and will use it every now and then. I think it would be a good gift for a coffee lover that has some free time. It's just not practical for every day use. The price on it isn't bad either, compared to some of the others I checked out. Keep in mind that this isn't hard thick glass when you are looking at others. It looks from pictures like it is very thick.

Flimsy Quality for a High Price

from Millville, NJ

About Me Coffee Aficionado

Pros

• Easy To Use

Cons

• Fragile
      • Hard To Clean

Comments about Bodum Young 34-oz. French Press:

Not thrilled with it, not dissappointed

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Easy To Use

Cons

• Time Consuming

• Occasionally

Comments about Bodum Young 34-oz. French Press:

After every one of my friends singing the praises of what excellent coffee a French press makes, I gave in and purchased one. I did my research first and saw that the Bodum won the American Culinary Institute's award for best French press coffeemaker. I tend to trust that organization so I decided to purchase it.

I followed the exact instructions to make the perfect cup of coffee. I used good coffee beans, ground them fresh, and used the right water temperature and plunging technique. While it did make a good cup of coffee, it wasn't anything I would praise nor was it worthy of the praise my friends made of it.

However, the coffee press itself is designed better than the other's I've seen, but the glass is far too thin. The handle is sturdy, the plunger work well, and the pot keeps the coffee hot for longer than I expected. Though I won't use this on a regular basis, it would be perfect for the times the power goes out and I have to heat hot water on our wood burner stove.

Overall, if you can tell a difference in French Press coffee and other coffee, I highly recommend you chose the Bodum Young French Press.

Be wary of the thin glass and pressing the plunger too hard, but otherwise it's a great for the prince.

An Attractive, Efficient French Press

from Dallas, TX

Comments about Bodum Young 34-oz. French Press:

This is the best-looking french press I've ever owned, which makes its reasonable price, ease of use and efficient performance even more impressive. For those who haven't used a quality French Press before, there's no comparison. The richness of French-pressed coffee makes every cup memorable.

Brew Performance
        When you press slowly and follow instructions, this press makes a perfect cup of coffee. It keeps grinds out of the press and allows that rich coffee flavor to seep through.

Most French presses are easy to clean, and this press is no exception. Simply wash out the grinds. As with all glass items, be careful while washing!

This is very easy to use as long as you don't press too quickly or grip the carafe too tightly.

This is a very solid design, attractive and functional. I do wish it had a bigger carafe, since the stated 8 cup capacity is more like 4 actual cups of coffee, but the design is terrific.

It's a French press. Don't drop it, put it in the dishwasher, etc. As long as you take care of it, it's fine.

Great French Press!

from Richmond VA

Comments about Bodum Young 34-oz. French Press:

I absolutely love using a French press to make coffee, and I really love this one in particular. I got to use it recently when I stayed with a relative and I was so happy with it. It makes wonderful coffee and it's so easy to clean. I also love the way it looks - it's something I would be fine with keeping out on the counter all the time and wouldn't have to worry about it not looking nice.

Brew Performance
        I loved the coffee this made. It was so nice, and no grounds got through at all! I have used some other French presses where some grounds escaped into the coffee, so it was nice not to have to worry about that this time.

This was very easy to clean. I really liked that about it.

I don't even use a French press very often, and I found that this was very easy to use. It is perfect for people who only use them occasionally or for those who are just starting to use one.

I love the design of this. It's attractive and functional.

Great for daily use.

• Brew Performance:

Press system, stronger, bolder taste.

Comments about Bodum Young 34-oz. French Press:

I like the traditional coffee press, as opposed to the drip bean coffee makers, when I want a stronger, bolder cup of coffee. With this said, if you measure out for an eight or ten ounce cup of coffee, you can expect closer to five or six ounces. I'm not sure why, but each time I measure out for an eight ounce up, it makes about half the amount. But, again, the press system is going to allow the coffee beans to infuse the water a bit deeper, meaning a richer and much stronger cup of coffee, so you might not need the full amount.

I like that it is easy to use, and literally takes about one minute to make a cup of coffee. Just place the beans in the press, add water, and heat; there are no secrets and nothing difficult to figure out (but it does come with an instruction manual that includes pictures if you want exact specifications for use).

I haven't had any issues using this press coffee maker, it makes a strong cup of coffee, and every cup I have served to guests, has been well accepted and appreciated.

Easy rinse out after use, or you can place parts in the dishwasher for quick cleaning.

Best to read directions prior to use, but it isn't difficult to understand at all.

An awesome french press

Comments about Bodum Young 34-oz. French Press:

This french press will instantly make any morning better. The coffee from this french press is delicious. Your coffee in a french press will taste way better than it would from a regular coffee maker. This french press is pretty cheap and well worth the money. This french press has a sleek design. It is durable and easy to travel with. The biggest issue is the size of the french press. If you are a big coffee drinker or serving a large party you will need to make multiple pots.

Brew Performance
        This french press brewing very well.

This french press is pretty easy to clean. The grinds can be a pain to clean sometimes.

This is a very simple product to use if you know how to use a french press. Even if you don't it is easy to learn how.

This french press is a nice piece for any kitchen. It is not as fancy as some presses, but it is a nice affordable model.

This is a very durable product and will last a long time if properly taken care of.

• Brew Performance:

Bodum French Presses are the Way to Go!

Comments about Bodum Young 34-oz. French Press:

I am obsessed with my Bodum 34 ounce French press! I use it every day to make my coffee, and I could not be happier with this product. It makes a smooth tasting batch of coffee, and the fine mesh filter ensures that no coffee grounds will slip through into your mug. Affordable, and the perfect size. 34 ounces means everyone gets a cup!!

Brew Performance
        Simply excellent brew performance! From start to finish, brewing a batch of coffee takes approximately 10 to 12 minutes. You can't beat that!

I mean, French presses are never that fun to clean! Getting the filter thoroughly clean is a bit of a process, but doesn't take more than 5 to 7 minutes for the most thorough cleaning. It really only needs to be thoroughly cleaned every 5 to 7 brews, anyway. A quick rinse in between cleanings is just fine.

Self-explanatory! But it also has a nice little instruction booklet. Grind your beans, boil your water, pour it in the French press, wait 3-4 minutes and voila! You have a wonderful batch of coffee.

Love the design of all of the Bodum French Presses, but especially this one because of the spacious size. 34 ounce capacity allows you to make a cup of coffee for everyone, and the red color is just beautiful!

It lasts years! Going on 3 years with mine, and no issues!

everyone needs one

Comments about Bodum Young 34-oz. French Press:

I got this french press coffee maker as a present and it seriously did not leave the package for six months. Then we had a power outage and I needed my coffee in the morning so I pulled it out and loved it! I use it evey single weekend when I have more time to sit and enjoy my coffee (usually use a Keurig).There is just something about the way the coffee brews in this that makes it taste so much better! It tastes great with all different kinds of tea also because it pulls the taste right out of the tea leaves without having to let it sit for hours. The only thing I do not like about it is that it does not make as many cups of coffee as the package says. You will also have to take time to figure out how much coffee beans to use as it is much different than making it in a regular coffee machine. It is so cute and easy to use! Also it is very easy to clean and hard to break. I recommend!

I love my french press.

from Stroudsburg, PA

Comments about Bodum Young 34-oz. French Press:

The bodum young French press is affordable, and makes the best cup of coffee I've ever had at home. I've tried many other ways of making coffee, but I love this the best. I never get coffee grounds in my cup, It's easy to clean, and impossible to break. I've had a ton of other French presses that have ended up broken because they were made out of glass and metal. This French press is clumsy friendly and it keeps your coffee hot! I will continue to use this for years to come!

Brew Performance
        I get a perfect cup of coffee everything I use the Bodum Young French press. I like my coffee very strong, and this never disappoints me. I think that a French press is the way to go when you're making coffee at home. I always get a very rich cup of coffee every morning. I will never go back to making a cup of coffee in an electric pot.

It's very easy to clean and take apart. I like that you can hand wash it, but it's also safe to put in a dishwasher. I just use hot water and some dawn dish soap and it gets all of the extra coffee grounds out of it.

It's super easy to use, and you don't even have to plug anything in! All you have to do is add the ground coffee, hot water, and press.

I really like the design of this French press. It's decent looking for a French press that is made out of plastic. It still looks sleek and modern. I have to agree that a French press made of glass and metal is better looking though. I think that if the whole French press was black without the red it would look a lot better too.

The plastic on this French press makes it very durable. I like that it's not made out of glass because I've dropped others in the past and they've broke and shattered everywhere. I've never had a problem with this, and I'm sure I will have it for many years to come.