Other Coffee Makers:

Bodum Chambord 3-Cup French Press Coffee Maker

Pros

Cons

• Brew Performance:

Bodum Chambord: An Excellent French Press.

Those that have seen my Bunn reviews know that I'm a huge "coffee person." I buy a varied set of beans from a variety of regions, and I expect my brewers and french presses to be capable of top performance. I've tried quite a few french presses, and the worst ones have been the brands sold by Starbucks. The best, however, has been this very model: The Bodum Chambord 3-Cup French Press. It's hard to talk about what makes a french press good except that it works, doesn't break easily, and is made of top materials. Indeed, this french press will provide the best performance for its price. (Which is quite low, relatively speaking.) Nothing is overcomplicated and it's extremely reliable and easy to clean. For those that want a good french press, look no further.

Functions well but could use a pour-spout filter

This glass based press is nice and filters the grounds well. However, the model doesn't filter the grounds again as you pour your cup. Also, the press is a little bulky to be portable. It is, of course, portable due to its size, but carrying glass on a flight is always hazardous. Drastic temperature changes are also more likely to weaken the glass and increase the likelihood of the base breaking. I know far too many people who break the glass base and must buy a replacement (almost as much as the press itself). I recommend their similar plastic single-cup french press as a more durable alternative. It is equal in quality of cup.

The metal structure is nice to prevent breaking for the clumsy groggy coffee-maker, but still isn't fool proof. This Bodum press will not be a sad purchase either way, but I caution you to consider your rate of clumsiness and if it needs to be portable before you decide on a glass v. plastic press.

Quick and tasty cup of coffee

from Midland, MI

Comments about Bodum Chambord 3-Cup French Press Coffee Maker:

If you like a full-bodied coffee, a french press is the way to get that taste. This Bodum French press works really well to achieve a richly flavored cup of coffee in just minutes. It is easy to use; simply add coffee grounds, fill with water, let it steep, and push the plunger down. The nice thing about it is that you can adjust the strength of your brew simply by letting it steep longer.

Brew Performance
The thing I like most about this coffee press is the level to which you can control the brew intensity by using more or fewer grounds and by letting it steep for varying amounts of time.

Many garbage disposal manufacturers warn against throwing coffee grounds into disposal units. If you are worried about this or simply do not want to rinse the grounds down the drain this may be a little difficult to clean quickly.

Although you can only brew three cups of coffee at a time, it's easy to use it repeatedly in a short period of time.

UPDATE: I ended up breaking this press and having to get a new one. I don't believe it's more fragile than the pot of a traditional coffeemaker, but it is glass nonetheless and caution should be used while handling it.

EASY AND FUN TO USE

from Yorba Linda, CA

Comments about Bodum Chambord 3-Cup French Press Coffee Maker:

I was looking for a portable coffee maker and decided on the Bodum coffee press. I really like the coffee press instead of a regular sized coffee maker because you can take it anywhere you are. And it's a lot easier to clean than a regular coffee maker. I do like the fact that you can also control the strength of the coffee you are drinking. The glass is nice and the base is very sturdy. The only thing I'm concerned about is replacing the filter in time. But I think as long as I take care of it and wash it thoroughly after every use the filter should last a long time.

Brew Performance
It's performing well so far. I've only had it for less than a month.

It's easy to clean as long as you do it right away. Otherwise the grounds would get stuck in the tiny holes and then it would be impossible to clean.

Very easy to use. Just a few steps and you've got your freshly brewed coffee!

I like the design. I like the black base and handles. I also like that it's glass so it looks more authentic and it's probably more environmentally friendly.

• Brew Performance:

I you presses, you will love this one!

Comments about Bodum Chambord 3-Cup French Press Coffee Maker:

This makes delicious coffee! Mine broke (by fault of my own) so, I need a new one and it will be the same one!

Brew Performance
It brews great, I have no complaints in this area.

I mean, it's a french press. There isn't a whole lot to clean and what is there cleans easy. Some people choose not to clean them to build up flavor but, I am too much of a germ freak for that.

It's like your standard press so, not much to say there. Of course it's more time consuming then a coffee machine but, if you want that bold, smooth, fresh flavor then it's worth the extra time for a french press.

I think it's very sleek and easy to use. I don't really like modern looking things but, a lot of people do so, I am sure they would love this. It would be cool if they antiqued the style a bit.

Like I said, mine broke by no fault of theirs. I would say the durability is excellent. These are pretty thick and hefty yet, remain light and small at the same time.

• Brew Performance:

If you want a French Press that will LAST and LAST!

Comments about Bodum Chambord 3-Cup French Press Coffee Maker:

I've been using this coffee maker every day, sometimes several times a day, and it never gives up. The filter screen is still in perfect condition, all the parts are still tight and intact. I have used other cheaper ones that start leaking grounds into the main chamber, have loose handles, etc. No such troubles here. It costs more, and it's worth it.

Steeped coffee

from Tampa, FL

Comments about Bodum Chambord 3-Cup French Press Coffee Maker:

If you have a little patience for it, brewing coffee in a French press can be highly rewarding. It brews a very flavorful cup due to more oils making it into the final cup. It can also leave some sediment, depending on how fine your grind is, but if you like a chewy cup Bodum makes a really good French press.

Brew Performance
Bodum has a great reputation for their Chambord French press because of the materials: heat resistant glass and stainless steel. It can handle the tough yet delicate job of brewing your coffee without interfering with the taste.

It's a French press. Grounds get stuck in the mesh filter. It can take some doing to work them loose. The packaging says it is dishwasher safe, but I would not trust this unit to the tender mercies of the dishwasher.

It couldn't be simpler to use. Measure out grounds. Boil water. Pour in water. Steep. Plunge. Pour. Drink.

The Chambord is well designed for producing a highly aromatic cup with a lot of oils transported from the bean to the brew.

This French press only lasts as long as the glass, so be careful with it.

• Brew Performance:

Best for a small kitchen

Comments about Bodum Chambord 3-Cup French Press Coffee Maker:

Overall, this french press is very useful. It doesn't take up a lot of space, is cheap to use, and makes fabulous coffee. I never swing by Starbucks anymore!!

The glass breaker seems a little loose, and it only annoys me when I go to empty out the grounds.

It's glass, so you do have to be careful.

Strong Coffee Superhero

Comments about Bodum Chambord 3-Cup French Press Coffee Maker:

I first was introduced to french press at a vietnamese restaurant and have been looking for a quality maker to match what I've been used to. Well, it didn't take much looking; this thing is a beast. Quality coffee all around, just make sure you grind the beans to the right consistency and you are golden. I'd highly recommend this to the coffee lovers out there, who don't mind a bit of a wait for the good stuff.

• Brew Performance:

My favorite way to make coffee

Comments about Bodum Chambord 3-Cup French Press Coffee Maker:

This is the most delicious way to make coffee. It takes a little time and effort but it's worth it, the taste is the best. I was introduced to this way of making coffee in European countries. I boil the water in my kettle, then pour it in the carafe, after I've added the coffee to the carafe. I let it sit for 5 minutes, then push the plunger, and it's done. It makes for a strong coffee, and I just use Great Value Colombian brand of coffee. It takes a little time to clean up, requiring that the carafe and plunger be washed, but it's worth it. Give it a try, you won't be disappointed. High end restaurants use this method for good reason. When I see this in a restaurant, I smile, knowing that I am in for a wonderful treat. Admittedly, it's more work than Keurig and Nespresso machines. Oh, and be careful with the carafe, it is glass, after all, and will break if you're not careful. Once, I wasn't careful when putting the plunger in the carafe after washing it, and it broke the carafe.

• Brew Performance:

A must have for every coffee lover out there!

Comments about Bodum Chambord 3-Cup French Press Coffee Maker:

Overall it is easy to use and easy to clean. It has a nice and sleek design and steeps/brews coffee very well. I'm a student who needs to wake early in the morning and this product makes coffee fast and easy. When I need my coffee fix i just add hot water, coffee, I wait a little and steep it. Easy as 1-2-3. Also it is easy to adjust serving size. Just fill hot water with what ever cup you're using and pour into the press. Also this press is very portable; you can bring this to your next camping trip or bring in to your office from home and back! Love this product.

Brew Performance
Allows you to brew and steep coffee easily. Almost anyone can brew coffee with this product!

Cleaning is also incredibly easy. All you need to do is rinse with water most of the time.

It is user friendly and is simple to use! almost anyone can use this press and make some great coffee.

It was a nice and sleek look to it.

I accidentally dropped the press once but there were no signs broken glass or broken parts. Very durable.

Awesome Press

Comments about Bodum Chambord 3-Cup French Press Coffee Maker:

I had never heard of a coffee press before. I have been a coffee drinker for over 30 years. A good friend of mine gave me a Coffee Press as a gift. I really did not even know what it was or how to use it. Well I couldn't wait to try it. Right then we went to the kitchen and tried it out. I was amazed at how it worked and how easy it was. The coffee was like the best cup I had in ages. This is a really awesome coffee system that will give you a full flavor rich cup of coffee every time. I am glad I have it. I have another coffee maker I use on work days when everyone is in a hurry. This is my weekend coffee maker for when I can sit back and just enjoy it without having to be on the run.

Brew Performance
I love the way it brews. ITt always makes the best cup of coffee. I was quite surprised by how the system works so fast to make such a good top of coffee.

Very easy to clean. Just wash it out like any other coffee pot.

Very easy .. add coffee grounds and water.

The design serves the purpose of the maker. Looks stylish though being made of glass.

Should last forever unless you drop it or break it somehow.