Other Coffee Makers:

Bodum Brazil 34-oz. French Press Coffee Maker

Pros

Cons

• Brew Performance:

When you want to Indulge in a Great cup of coffee

I purchased the Bodum Brazil French Press after seeing one at a friends home. The coffee she made was delicious and I decided to read up on French Presses. I did my research and this seemed like a great choice, as it was incredibly economical and just perfect for the times I want a "really great cup of coffee", rather than just a caffeine fix. I drink a lot of coffee, and didn't regard myself as picky, but this makes coffee you want to just stop and enjoy -- there is a difference.
The ease of use, the freshness of the coffee produced is worth the time to boil the water. I keep a kettle ready. The Bodun is easy to use, easy to clean, does not get that oily bitter taste and has a very small footprint on the counter or shelf and does not have to plug in. It would be great for an office situation, instead of that questionalble looking pot of mud in the break room. Boil water, pour it in and take your own pot to your desk.
The price point was important to me, as I really did not want to become a barrista or go to a lot of bother to make coffee, with complicated equipment. I can't believe something so simple can work so well.

Brew Performance
I had actually doubted that the french press could make a difference, but the taste was great and this little gadget performed just as advertised, producing a fresh tasting coffee without that bitter undertone that I get from my drip pot.

Coffee grounds are what they are, but this was pretty easy to clean. My favorite trick is to fill the pot partly with water after the coffee has been consumed, then remove the filter part and pour the water/grounds through a strainer and then dump the grounds in the trash. That way I am not reaching into the glass carafe or trying to bang it on the trash can. (those coffee grounds shouldn't all go down your garbage disposal).

Could not be easier. Ground coffee in the bottom, add boiled water, stir gently, put filter press in place. Wait 4 minutes and then press down sloooowwwly on the knob...the slower the better. Serve and enjoy.

I can't think of any design flaws on this little gem. The simplicity is part of its charm. It is all about indulging in your very own special fresh cup of coffee (well it does make enough to share with someone deserving). Remember that the size of our normal coffee mugs is much larger than the traditional 4 or 5 oz "teacup" size. I fill our two average size mugs and there is still some left (which it mine!).

Before purchasing this pot, I had read that the glass carafe was prone to breakage. Yes, it is glass, and I treat it accordingly. I avoid bumping it on faucets etc. and I stir with a bamboo chopstik or skewer. It is no more fragile than say a wine glass, so don't let that deter you.

French Press Coffee Maker. Great Until it breaks!

In my household we've always used a French Press to make coffee. I bought the Bodum Brazil 34-oz. French Press Coffee Maker 1548-01US for a reasonable price. It's easy to use just as most french press coffee makers are. I picked this one for it's black, modern look and for it's overall appearance of looking low-maintenance. It's a little hard to clean the grinds out of the actual press but nothing not worth doing. I will say realistically this coffee press won't last you a few years. Ours broke after six months. The actual press started getting lop-sided and we found clumps of coffee grind in our cups but for the price it was very much worth it for the time we had it. I would keep replacing it.

Brew Performance
Works great until the bottom of the press breaks. You can still use it but you're going to have a few clump of grounded coffee in your cup.

It's never been too easy for me to clean french press coffee maker's. It's easy to clean the inside and easier to clean on the outside but take additional time to clean the actual press.

Extremely easy to use. Boil water, put coffee into the press, pour hot water into the maker, push down on the press to make the coffee. Easy peasy!

I love the look of this coffee press. It's slick, modern, and simple all at the same time.

It doesn't have a long lifespan and will need to be replaced within 6 months to a year.

Wonderful French press at a great price!

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Dishwasher Safe
  • Durable
  • Easy To Use
  • Improves Taste

Cons

• Everyday
    • Home
    • Office
    • Weekends

Comments about Bodum Brazil 34-oz. French Press Coffee Maker:

I literally threw my coffee pot away after purchasing this French press. It is very easy to use and easy to clean. You can take the plunger apart to make sure that is is cleaned well and it dries easy.
    You can adjust your own coffee strength by varying the amount of time you let the grinds sit in the water which is great! I love strong coffee so I can use less coffee but let it sit longer in the water before straining to get a full bodied coffee at a better value than using my old coffee machine.

This is a must buy for any coffee lover!

Adequate coffee maker

from Westchester, IL

Comments about Bodum Brazil 34-oz. French Press Coffee Maker:

The Bodum Brazil 8-Cup French Press Coffee Maker is a very simple machine that does a good job of producing coffee, but it's far from perfect. I load the glass container with coffee grounds and pour hot water into it. I take a spoon and stir the grounds around for about 20 seconds and place the lid on the container. I then push the plunger apparatus down and it strains the coffee grounds. It does a good job of extracting the natural essences from the coffee grounds. The coffee has an adequate taste, but it's not on par with my automatic coffee maker. The coffee produced is usually smooth, but it's a little on the weak side. On more than one occasion I have ended up with gritty coffee despite following the same routine. The main issue I have with this coffee maker is that it leaves behind a lot of residue at the bottom of the glass. If I don't clean it within a hour it can become a chore. I wouldn't recommend the Bodum Brazil French Press Coffee Maker as a primary coffee maker, but it's an adequate backup.

• Brew Performance:

Perfect coffee press for cold brew coffee!

from Abrams, WI

Comments about Bodum Brazil 34-oz. French Press Coffee Maker:

After the glass broke on my first bodum coffee press, I finally purchased a new one to start brewing cold brew coffee. So far, the bodum french presses have done a good job for me. When I have brewed hot coffee, the ability to let it brew for as long as it needs for a stronger flavor without having to use extra coffee grounds is a high point for me. Since I'm the only one in my household that likes pressed coffee and this summer I've had a craving for cold coffee drinks, my new press has been used only for cold brew, and I've been very happy with the results! I let it sit for 24-48 hours, stirring a couple of times, and then filtering it a couple times when done, it's the perfect strong brew for a much-needed summer afternoon eye opener.

Cleaning the unit seems to be easier than when my old one, even though the design was pretty much the same. This style of bodum press is pretty easy to disassemble to clean the entire unit.

French Press Coffee Maker

Comments about Bodum Brazil 34-oz. French Press Coffee Maker:

I love the Bodum original french press because of its design, durability, and price. The Bodum design is very simple but modern looking. It makes for easy use of the device and easy cleaning when done. The press with its mesh screen allows you to press coffee grinds or tea leaves for your preference. It holds the loose bits down so that none escape into your mug when you pour. This model comes complete with plastic handle, lid and bottom to prevent heat transfer. The sleek design looks good in any kitchen! The Bodum french press is very durable. I have not seen a problem with it in years, and even then, some Bodum french presses have the option to replace certain parts instead of the whole thing (i.e. the glass can be replaced). I think that the price for this Bodum is a great deal. I've purchased Bodums many times (as gifts) from different places and they are all listed for the same price, which I find convenient. There is no worry about getting the best deal. I feel that this model, with plastic pieces in stead of metal, offer a still sleek but more cost effective option to other models. So although this one does not have replaceable parts, it is inexpensive enough to replace completely.

• Brew Performance:

Product works well, low price

Comments about Bodum Brazil 34-oz. French Press Coffee Maker:

Product works well but you must buy coarse ground or whole beans and grind them yourself because the mesh screen lets through powdery grit. The molding around the glass container is plastic, it seems durable but is flexible and comes away from the glass. I put it in the microwave for like 4 minutes and then let it stand for around 6 minutes on average depending on the type of coffee.

Love It!

Comments about Bodum Brazil 34-oz. French Press Coffee Maker:

What can I say – I use my Bodum French Press EVERYDAY! My parents got us using the Bodum French Press when we starting complaining about our lack of counter space for the coffee maker. We have a very small kitchen with very little counter space, because of this, I had given up the use of my coffee maker since there was nowhere to put it. When my parents came to visit, they could not be without their coffee. My mom brought her Bodum French Press with her to make sure that she had her coffee.

After the first cup of coffee with the Bodum French Press I was sold. Not only was it easy to use, it made one great cup of coffee. I simply heat the water electric kettle, pour over the coffee in the Bodum French Press and in three minutes I have a cup of coffee. I only drink one cup in the morning, so this saves me from having to make a full pot and is so much easier to clean up. The best part is that I have been using the same one for the last three years without any issue.

• Brew Performance:

A great quality french press!

Comments about Bodum Brazil 34-oz. French Press Coffee Maker:

You see coffees being described like a fine wine. Having citrus notes, or a full body, sometimes a crisp finish. You think, "Who come's up with that???" Using a regular coffee maker with a filter traps all these flavors/notes so they're not released into the coffee. A french press coffee maker allows all those qualities to remain in your cup.

I really enjoy using my Brazil Bodum French Press Coffee Maker for this exact reason. I was given the opportunity to do a side by side taste test of my favorite coffee. One cup was through the regular coffee maker, the other was done with the Bodum French Press. With the regular coffee brewer, all the sweet hints of my favorite dessert coffee were completely nonexistent! That was the moment I was forever devoted to my Coffee Press.

I had picked this model up at a local kitchenware store and love the quality. Bodum creates very sturdy coffee presses.

Brew Performance
    No grounds in your coffee!

Top rack dishwasher if necessary. I hand wash mine and it takes but a minute.

• Brew Performance:

An excellent way to make the perfect cup of coffee!

Comments about Bodum Brazil 34-oz. French Press Coffee Maker:

The Bodum Brazil 34-oz. French Press coffee maker is such an easy, affordable way to make the perfect cup of coffee! I have been using one for about four years now, and I will never go back to traditional drip coffee makers. I love the fresh, rich taste of french press coffee, and the Bodum Brazil 34-oz. French Press coffee maker is extremely affordable and durable. Give it a try!

• Brew Performance:

Perfect coffee and tea every time!

Comments about Bodum Brazil 34-oz. French Press Coffee Maker:

I love my Bodum French Press. It' simple to use, easy to clean and built of strong sturdy materials that will last forever with proper care. This product is nearly perfect. It's great for hot or cold brewing and works just as well for tea or herb infused broths as for coffee. It's a great size for three people to have a standard 8oz cup or for two people to have a large cup. It's easy to hold and transport and very easy to keep clean. I especially like that none of the internal parts are plastic, which can warp, stain and hold on to flavors. All internal parts are glass or metal so you get a nice clean flavor. And you'll never need filters again which is not only convenient but frugal. If I had one complaint it's that I wish I could disassemble the plastic base from the glass for easier cleaning. Occasionally small particles (like tea leaves and coffee grinds) end up stuck between the plastic base and glass carafe. If there was an easy (safe) way to remove the plastic to clean the base this would be a perfect product.

• Brew Performance:

My favorite way to make a cup o' joe

Comments about Bodum Brazil 34-oz. French Press Coffee Maker:

I love my french press. The aromas it produces, the oily quality of the coffee that it creates is just unbeatable. When I was a barista we would quietly make ourselves a french press in the back as the only way to taste new blends or just for our daily dose. During the week I use a Keurig purely for convenience and time but the weekend is all about the french press. It definitely makes Monday morning Keurig coffee seem terrible, but it takes some more work and patience to get the press just right. I prefer to weigh out my beans to get the ratio just right and I clean it as soon as possible so its definitely more work than a Keurig but the quality is just incomparable. Cleaning is definitely the only drawback, but one that I think is well worth the quality.

The best.

Frustrating at times but worth it.

Ground beans, hot water and 4 minutes is all you need.

Simple and handsome.

I've had it for years and it works just as well as the first day.