Other Coffee Makers:
80R08
Aerobie AeroPress Coffee and Espresso Maker
Rca_2013_overall_value

Aerobie AeroPress Coffee and Espresso Maker

Pros

• Easy to use (3)

• Everyday (4)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Everyday drinker (4)

I couldn't live without it!

I first discovered this brilliant little gadget(or something like it) from watching TWiT, a technology podcast hosted by Leo Laporte. He had it on air one day and he was saying how much he liked it. It wasn't expensive and that was why I tried it. Do not let the low price fool you! It works and it works well. This little device allows you to customize coffee the way you want it because it only makes one cup at a time. No mess, no fuss and the perfect cup every time is exactly what it was designed to give you and it does just that. I only wish I had found out about it sooner because it totally changed the way I enjoy coffee and the occasional cup of espresso. If I had to give a negative point it would be that it does require filters but I do not mind at all. Overall a great little gadget!

Exceptional!

Easiest you'll find!

Just push!

Again, exceptional!

not for a family

I had an **Aerobie AeroPress Coffee and Espresso Maker 80R08 and it worked great. It was easy to use. the **Aerobie AeroPress Coffee and Espresso Maker 80R08 made great tasting coffee and expresso and it was easy to clean. the problem was It is my sister and I. the **Aerobie AeroPress Coffee and Espresso Maker 80R08 only makes one cup at a time. when It is my sister and I and we were in a hurry, It just did not work. in conclusion, for the single person or occasional coffee drinker**** the **Aerobie AeroPress Coffee and Espresso Maker 80R08would be great. It makes coffee fast and it taste great. it is easy to store and clean. bu if you drink a lot of coffee or having friends over, the **Aerobie AeroPress Coffee and Espresso Maker 80R08 is not the potfor you.******

Great alternative to a standard coffee pot.

from Florida

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Durable
  • Easy To Use
  • Fast
  • Stylish

• Home

Comments about Aerobie AeroPress Coffee and Espresso Maker:

I purchased my Aerobie Aeropress coffee and espresso maker because I liked the way it looked, and because I wanted something a little different than the coffee you get from a regular drip coffee pot, so I opted on this. Because of that, this purchase was made out of desire not out of need.

That being said, this is one of my better spur of the moment purchases. It has worked out to be quite the asset to my kitchen and breakfast arsenal since I bought it. The coffee does actually have a different taste when made with this aeropress instead of with my regular drip coffee pot. The coffee has a richer bolder and stronger taste, but not in a bad way.

It is also pretty easy to clean up, I thought that it would be somewhat complicated to clean out and make ready for the next use but surprisingly it wasn't. It is actually pretty easy to clean up after each use. Which is another big plus. I don't like things that are hard to clean or take a lot to keep them clean.

It is also pretty easy to use, and didn't take long to get a hang of. It was a little confusing the first time or two, but after I knew how it worked- it was easy.

I would recommend this to anyone who likes their coffee richer and smooth- or is just looking for a different way to make their coffee. It's fun to use, and makes delicious coffee every time.

Difficult to use.

from Tom Bean, Texas

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Accommodates All Cup Sizes

Cons

• Complicated

Comments about Aerobie AeroPress Coffee and Espresso Maker:

I received this coffee press as a Christmas gift and, if I keep using it, I may scream! It's been a nightmare! It seems easy enough to use but, when you put the filter in the area for filtering, coffee grinds go AROUND it and I end up with coffee grinds to drink! Maybe I am doing this wrong but I have tried over and over again and getting the same result. ARRRGGGHHHH! I have wasted so much good coffee that I am ready to toss this in the trash as I PRAY the person that gave it to me doesn't see this post!

I place the press with the inserted filter onto a wide mouth mug and use the appropriate amount of coffee, press gently and get so much grit! If it didn't allow grinds to get around the filter, this would be an awesome product as I love freshly pressed coffee.

it's very important in my home

from Cairo, Egypt

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Fast

Cons

• Complicated

Comments about Aerobie AeroPress Coffee and Espresso Maker:

This coffee maker is made of premium quality plastic, which makes it sturdy and durable. It sports a gray finish that highlights its design and gives it a refined look. This coffee maker is shatterproof and resistant to warping and odor, which helps extend its durability. The AeroPress Coffee/Espresso Maker by Aerobie has a plastic basket filter, which is removable making cleaning an effortless task. It has a water window, which allows you to keep an eye on the contents of the coffee maker. The coffee maker features a froth option and has a high altitude. The top shelf is dishwasher-safe making it hassle-free in its cleaning. This coffee maker is microwave safe allowing you to use it as per your requirement. It brews quietly for smooth operation.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Nice but a little slow.

from Rome,GA

About Me Coffee Aficionado

Pros

• Durable
      • Easy To Use

Cons

• slow to prepare

• Home
      • Office

Comments about Aerobie AeroPress Coffee and Espresso Maker:

I purchased the Aerobie AeroPress Coffee and Espresso Maker as a gift to myself. While we are a household full of coffee drinkers I am the only one that enjoys an Espresso in the mornings. This little gadget lets me have that morning drink without a lot of high dollar had to place equipment. I had my doubts at first site thinking the device looked fragile and weak, as it turns out this is one tough little unit. I have been using and possibly abusing mine now for over 7 months with no ill effects or loss of usability. The Aerobie AeroPress Coffee and Espresso Maker, is simple to use and clean. I have already suggested it to several of my friends and will with out any doubt purchase another of the same if the need arises. In the last 7 months I have become very pleased with this little unit, it has become my morning partner.

Best One Ever

from Giza

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Easy To Use

Cons

• Limited Cup Sizes

Comments about Aerobie AeroPress Coffee and Espresso Maker:

Overall good, but frankly it's plastic, it warps over time, the gasket breaks down, and you must have even hand pressure OR ELSE: prepare for a shower of squirting hot water and grinds.

Brew Performance
      It's OKAY. If you are looking for an espresso alternative, this isn't it. If you are looking for travel coffee maker, this works fine. Over time, the plastic will TASTE in your coffee, and the plunger will become 'sloppy', causing it harder to use, with spilling coffee, grinds and all. Don't expect to put it in your dishwasher either, without a problem.

Here's the deal: it is easy to pump the grinds into the garbage, yes. It's easy to rid yourself of the coffee filters (yes, this factor works well), BUT over time, the rubber gasket will be covered in the oils of the coffee, and the flavor will be off. It also is very particular as a plastic item. They say 'dishwasher safe', realize it's not really all that safe, because the plastic will begin to warp, and the gasket will begin to break down.

Yes, you simply add the coffee into the tube, then add boiling water and plunge. It is much simpler to explain, than do. NOTE: if you grind coffee yourself, too fine (espresso grind) will cause the plunger to NOT plunge!! If the grind is off even just a bit, or if you are exhausted when you're attempting to use this item, it is VERY easy to get squirted with BOILING water, grinds and coffee. Burns happen. I don't think it is worth the possibility of pain, esp. if you don't have dead on balance. Also, the flavor starts off "amazing" after about 6 months, it tastes barely "okay" because of the oils stay in the plastic, the gasket that does not really clean well, and it certainly isn't as good as a french press, which is more stable to work with, no flavor problems and doesn't shoot you with boiling coffee, grinds and water.

Being plastic, it warps over time, it's finicky to clean well, and the gasket stops working over time. The plastic over time begins to flavor the coffee, and it never tastes as good as when it was used the first week.

pass this one; plastic isn't durable as a coffee maker for anything more than travel machine.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Good item, but it does NOT make Espresso.

from Eugene, OR

Best of 2014

from Santa Monica CA

Comments about Aerobie AeroPress Coffee and Espresso Maker:

I have yet to find such an amazing coffee maker in my life. This is single serving, fast brewing, and very user friendly. It takes about 6 minutes to brew a full cup, stays hot, and has a cap feature so you can use the cup on the go! My husband uses this coffee maker every morning with great success, I would recommend this to anyone looking for fast and good coffee.

Brew Performance
      Probably the fastest brewing coffee maker I have ever had, it also brews fantastic tasting coffee regardless of the brand I have noticed. I usually stick to the same, but I tried my husbands and liked it even more because of this!

If you have large hands I can see where there will be a problem, as it is a single serving coffee machine, you need smaller hands to clean the machine properly, but it can be done.

Press the button and you're done! Seriously, you just add your mix and the filter and you're good to go! Very fast as well.

I'm a fan of the design, it brews hot, fast, coffee on the fly.

Me and my husband both have used this coffee machine almost daily for about a year, we have not noticed any difference in the coffee! I really recommend this coffee machine.

Very nice!

Comments about Aerobie AeroPress Coffee and Espresso Maker:

I admit that I favor exlectric coffee pots and have not quite mastered using a coffee press as of yet. I bought another brand and couldn't make a good cup of coffee. Then a friend got me this for Christmas one year. With this I was able to make a decent shot of espresso. The main thing I love about this, and something I have a problem with concerning my espresso machine, is the cleanup is simple. It doesn't do as quite a good job as my machine, but it serves a quick purpose. I use this mainly to prepare coffee for other drinks.

The most important thing I've found with this is you need excellent coffee beans, and it's best to grind them right before using.

Brew Performance
      Brews really well for my needs. Unlike my espresso machine I don't have to judge the proper time to stop the pulling.

It's a durable and very well built press. One of the best I've seen so far in it's price range.

It's very easy to clean. I clean it with simple dish washing detergent and water.

If you're not familiar with a coffee press or espresso, you may want to buy a small book of some kind to help you along. If you are experienced with it then you'll have no issues.

The container is plastic, durable, and BPA free. So far it's lasted me a long time with no breaks or cracks.

• Brew Performance:

Feels like a science experiment!

from Richmond VA

Comments about Aerobie AeroPress Coffee and Espresso Maker:

I have to admit, I probably had more fun making the coffee with this coffeemaker than I did actually drinking the coffee that came out of it. I was excited to play around with it because it reminded me of something you might find in a chemistry lab, and it did not disappoint when I got to work. The coffee also turns out really good with this!

Brew Performance
      I thought that the coffee tasted delicious. It brewed up great and exactly the way I like it.

This was pretty easy to clean. It didn't take a lot of time or effort.

It looks a little intimidating and weird, so I think some people might be a bit thrown by it at first. However, I found it to be very easy to use and also a lot of fun to play around with.

I love the design of this. It's just sci-fi enough to tickle my fancy, but it looks sleek and attractive in the kitchen.

As far as I know, this coffeemaker has held up just fine with regular, daily use.

• Brew Performance:

Quick and easy coffee maker.

Comments about Aerobie AeroPress Coffee and Espresso Maker:

I would be hard-pressed to go back to regular drip coffee drinking after using this Aeropress coffee maker. It is so fast, easy and convenient to use but most importantly, the unadulterated taste to my coffee is unbeatable. I have zero acidity or bitterness in my cups of coffee when using this machine, it gives me the perfect cup every single time. I like that I have the option of making one to four cups at a time as well. So when I am not sharing the coffee, I do not have to make and waste a whole pot, I can make my own cozy little cup of coffee to enjoy any time that I want, and just the way that I like it. It is so easy to adjust the water levels, as well as the grind of your coffee to make a weaker or a stronger cup depending on your preferences. The filters that it comes with are the only additional expense as far as having to replace them, but I do not find that at all costly when considering the amount of coffee I used to throw away not drank on account of too much made, or the coffee just tasting too bitter. It is a must have machine for any avid coffee drinker.