Other Coffee Makers:
Bodum Chambord 34-oz. French Press Coffee Maker
Rca_2013_normal

Bodum Chambord 34-oz. French Press Coffee Maker

• Brew Performance:

The King of French Press coffee makers...:)

We prefer French Press to perculated coffee - it's so much more flavourful. So, a French Press coffee maker was a must for us. We actually recieved this one as a wedding gift (after putting it on our wedding registry). While we prefer french press coffee it does require a lot more coffee grinds which makes it slightly more expensive to use...but this is not the fault of the manufacturer, that's just a reality of french press coffee (that I thought I'd throw in there for anyone looking who does not yet have much experience with it). When it comes to Bodum's make and model we love it. This size makes enough for about 2 good sized cups of coffee. The filter works well which is important and has been an issue with many other makes that I have used in the past (it's never nice to drink crunchy coffee...). We would definately stay with Bodum if we'd have to purchase another but would highly recommend getting their insulated model...we have found that if we don't drink the coffee immediately after making it, it cools down too quick to truly enjoy the second cup.

Great coffee, difficult cleanup

Maybe I haven't figured out the trick of using these Bodums, but it takes me so long to clean the filter after making a cup of coffee. I hate the idea of rinsing the coffee grinds down the sink and like to compost them, but it's near impossible to get these out without wasting tons of water and time. Don't get me wrong, I love the coffee that comes out of the Bodum (when I don't screw up the press angle) but the majority of the time, it's more work than what it's worth - despite how "sophisticated" it makes me feel using it (haha). At this point, out of sheer laziness, I am using my 4-cup coffee maker which allows me to use biodegradable filters so I can toss the whole lot in my compost when done. Super easy, and I still get great coffee.

My first Bodum cracked when my husband was cleaning it. He's a little too strong for his own good, but it shouldn't be that easy to break just by holding it.

hi

from nyk

About Me Coffee Aficionado

Pros

• Brews Quickly
  • Easy To Clean
  • Easy To Use
  • Large Pot
  • Stylish

• Everyday
    • Home
    • Office
    • Weekends

love it

Coffee tastes good again

from Redding, California

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly
    • Durable
    • Easy To Clean
    • Easy To Use
    • Large Pot
    • Stylish

• Everyday
      • Home
      • Office
      • Weekends

Comments about Bodum Chambord 34-oz. French Press Coffee Maker:

Wow! I was about to give up coffee until my daughter told me about the Bodum French Press. I had never heard of a French Press, but I had no problem finding one. I got mine at Kohls. What a difference! I have been using drip coffee makers for over 20 years. The coffee is mediocre at best. The machines have all kinds of problems and eventually no matter how well you clean them they make bitter coffee. Not so with the Bodum French Press. The coffee is smooth and delightful. I am so glad that I don't have to choke down bitter tasting coffee any longer. I find that heating the water in the microwave does an excellent job as well as heating it on the stove. This is coffee the way it used to taste. I will never go back to drip again!

Really fun and great coffee

from Sacramento, CA

Comments about Bodum Chambord 34-oz. French Press Coffee Maker:

I was given a gift card to a store that had the Bodum Chambord 34 Ounce French Press Coffee Maker on sale. I also love to drink tea, so I was familiar with the Bodum brand, because I own several of their teapots. Since those are high quality, I decided to give their coffee maker a try.

I was really impressed and pleased. Having never owned a french press before, I wasn't quite sure what to expect. Happily, it has turned out to be a fun little coffee maker. Not only is it no trouble to make coffee this way, something which I had thought it would be, but it also produces really fine results. The coffee just seems to taste better when it is made this way.

Additionally, I have found the unit to be easy to clean and the parts appear to be of a good quality. So I am anticipating getting many years of use out of this coffee maker; certainly a plus over the alternative coffee maker styles, which I seem to wear out in just a few years. Overall, taking the leap of faith to try something new, in the form of the french press, has proved to be a good decision.

Loved this!

Comments about Bodum Chambord 34-oz. French Press Coffee Maker:

Initially I was a little skeptical about the idea of a french press. Bodum is synonymous with "French Press" and I had always heard great things about these simple devices. We loved ours and used it daily. Eventually it meet it's demise when a metal pan handle shattered it. I can testify that it was an absolute mess to clean up: it took quite a bit of work to get every shard of coffee ground covered glass...

Brew Performance
      The brew is wonderful. There is some real strength captured in the process. It produces much stronger coffee than a drip coffeemaker ever could. You can even brew tea or ice tea (pour over ice) in it in the same type of process with very good results.

I think that it is very easy to clean since you can get away with giving it a good rinse after each use. I have even accidentally left grounds in the base for longer than I would have liked and it cleaned up very well.

Boil water (I use an electric kettle). Add grounds to the base of the coffee maker. Add water. Add the press portion of the device and plunge it to right above the water level. Wait a little bit....keep the brew warm though! And the plunge fully to pour and enjoy. Yum!

After this broke, we bought a lesser Bodum model and this is far superior.

Do not stir with metal instruments. Do not whack with metal pan handles. Otherwise you should be all set. It's not that fragile.

• Brew Performance:

Best Most Aromatic Coffee Ever!

from Lake Elmo, MN

Comments about Bodum Chambord 34-oz. French Press Coffee Maker:

I love French presses and this one is Excellent. The coffee is a cross between the best espresso and a cup of coffee. The coffee bean flavor is brought out using this press and it leaves a lovely oil residue on top.
      Used correctly you will love this coffee press.

Brew Performance
      A lot depends upon you. Use the correct water temperature between 195F and 205F. Over heating the water will result in some bitterness.

You have to use a sponge down in the glass carefully to clean out the coffee residue that remains. The glass is somewhat fragile so caution is required when cleaning.
      The screen is a bit tricky to clean but a toothbrush can assist greatly.

Pour the water in and wait. Four minutes is recommended. For those of you who like their coffee hot, place towels around the outside to retain more heat.

The glass carafe can be tricky. Bumping or any bit of careless use may result in cracking. I have had to replace mine about every 2-3 years.

Best Coffee Ever

from Dallas, TX

Comments about Bodum Chambord 34-oz. French Press Coffee Maker:

My husband is more of a coffee pot guy. I am not addicted to coffee; for me, it is a flavorful beverage when I am in the mood. If I'm going to go to all of the effort to make a cup, I want it to taste amazing.
      I first came across the Bodum Chambord 34 oz. French Press Coffee Maker when I was in graduate school. At that time, I was looking for some sort of caffeine fix since the energy drinks just weren't cutting and were terrible for me anyway. I didn't even know what a French Press was until a friend introduced me to her mini version that she kept in her apartment. I immediately fell in love with it and found the full size version.
      I love how easy it is to make the perfect cup of coffee according to my taste preferences. I like it stronger than most people, so I can dump more grounds into the glass.
      I simply place the grounds in, pour nearing but not quite boiling water over the top, place the lid on and wait for a few minutes.
      When I've decided that it has reached the brewing strength that I want, I press the plunger down and then pour it into my coffee cup. The coffee stays warm during the brewing process.
      This French Press is so easy to clean as well.

Bodum French Press Coffee Maker

Comments about Bodum Chambord 34-oz. French Press Coffee Maker:

So my husband is a bit of a coffee snob and insisted we get a french press. I had never even heard of them before so I was a bit skeptical. I was pleasantly surprised at how wonderful the coffee tasted and at how easy it was to brew. All you need is boiling water and coffee grounds, that's it! Pressing the mesh plunger type handle down slowly brews a nice strong cup and since you don't need filters it saves money and waste. All parts are dishwasher safe and it hand washed pretty easily as well.

Brew Performance
      Makes a pretty strong cup of coffee, of course you can adjust the amount of grounds to make a weaker cup. The coffee that is brewed has more flavor from the grounds than using a normal drip maker.

Can be put in the dishwasher or hand washed. Comes apart easily.

Put in the amount of coffee you want with boiling water. Slowly push the filter down and there you have it, freshly brewed french press coffee.

It's a glass carafe looking pitcher, not super fancy but gets the job done.

Has held up nicely for us.

• Brew Performance:

Another great french press!

from Stroudsburg, PA

Comments about Bodum Chambord 34-oz. French Press Coffee Maker:

I was first introduced to the French Press by a friend that worked at Starbucks and I got it as a gift. I absolutely love this French press. Not only is it very elegant looking but it makes an amazing cup of coffee. It's simple to use, and doesn't take very long to make a great cup of coffee. I like my coffee strong, and this makes a satisfying cup of coffee every time I use it. I would definitely recommend it. If you don't have a French press you should get one!

Brew Performance
      French presses make the best cup of coffee I've ever had. You can make your cup of coffee as strong or weak as you want. It also keeps your coffee fresh and hot for awhile. I would never go back to using one of those old coffee makers.

It's super easy to clean as well. I just a drop of soap and rinse it clean. You don't even necessary have to use a sponge unless the coffee grounds get stuck in the filter. Which rarely ever happens. You don't even have to use soap, you could just rinse it out with water if you get lazy.

This French press is very easy to use. All you have to do is add the amount of ground coffee you like in, add boiled water, press, and that's it! The filter completely separates the coffee grounds so you don't have little coffee grounds floating around in your cup!

I absolutely love the design of this French press. It's chic, classic, and elegant looking. Although the glass is fragile, the metal and the glass together make a very good combination. It looks great on the countertop when not in use.

It's durable unless you drop it on the floor, which I've done to several different French presses. If you don't drop it, this French press could last you forever. The glass can withstand very hot boiling temperatures, and like I've said I've never had one shatter unless I've dropped it.

Excellent coffee

Comments about Bodum Chambord 34-oz. French Press Coffee Maker:

I've owned two of these, and have always been very pleased with both the quality of the brew and the ease of use. Next to cold brewing, this is my favorite method of making coffee. Because the coffee doesn't boil, the end result is always smooth tasting, never harsh or bitter. I highly recommend it.

Brew Performance
      Exceptional brewing method! Once I discovered it, all other coffee methods, except cold brewing, became obsolete.

Cleans very easily, a quick rinse with a soapy sponge takes care of it. The coils on the plunger can be a little tricky to clean, especially if allowed to sit, though it's nothing a brush can't handle easily.

Extremely easy to use. Add coffee, add boiled water, wait, plunge, voila!

Great design overall, although the plunging device can get a little warped with age and allow grounds to get into the brew when plunged.

I've had two for a reason. Replaced the glass on my first unit twice because of a very clumsy roommate, and buying the glass chamber separately is almost as expensive as the entire unit. The metal cage was also dropped and became warped so I decided to just replace the whole thing. When the glass got broken again I just gave up.

• Brew Performance:

My favorite kitchen appliance!

from Hendersonville, NC

Comments about Bodum Chambord 34-oz. French Press Coffee Maker:

This has to be my favorite kitchen appliance of all times. Can't live without it!

Brew Performance
      Once to switch from a drip coffee maker to a french press, you will never go back. The full body flavor that this french press brings out of the coffee is absolutely wonderful. I have become so spoiled to my Bodum french press, that all other brewed coffee just doesn't measure up.

Once you get the hang of it, cleaning is a breeze. Since I use mine daily, I wash it by hand. The trickiest part to clean would have to be the filter on the plunger. I have found that by slightly unscrewing it so that it is loose but not completely removed helps to get the coffee grinds cleaned out. I also put it in the dishwasher from time to time and have never had any issues doing this.

Using this french press is super easy. It does take a bit longer to brew than a normal coffee pot, but the taste is totally worth it!

You have to admit, it is a beautiful little thing.

I have been using the same french press for the past 3 years and have had no issues with durability. It still looks like brand new when it is cleaned up.