Other Clothes Dryers:

Maytag Neptune Gas Dryer

i love my Maytag Neptune Dryer

from Trenton, NJ

Comments about Maytag Neptune Gas Dryer:

i bought the Maytag Neptune Gas Dryer when i bought the Neptune washing machine, three years ago, used. this dryer is still running like new. the screen is easy to read and understand, which makes it very easy to increase or decrease time needed for the particulars of a load of wet clothes. i can easily dry lots of towels until they're all dry or i can easily fluff up something that requires little or no heat.

the lint trap is the only issue i have with my Neptune Gas Dryer. the lint trap is easily accessed to clean out after every wash. what i don't like is that it seems that the lint trap isn't big enough or positioned properly in the machine. there is too much open space between the lint trap and the frame of the machine. i find that i'm always chasing lint down into the cavity where the working and moving parts are. my fear is that it could start a fire, so i'm very careful to make sure i take the vacuum to it every so often.

Outstanding Maytage Neptune Dryer

from Mitchell, SD

Pros

Cons

Comments about Maytag Neptune Gas Dryer:

I don't have anything bad to say out this dryer.  We purchsed this a dryer as part of a set with our Maytage Neptune washer.  We purchased it in October of 2002 and 8 years later it is still working great.  I love all of the different settings.  I usually dry our clothes and bedding on low.  But I use the high setting for towels and such.  When I remove my laundry, everything is always dry.  I don't have to dry anthing a second time which is nice because with 5 people in our family, I usually have another load ready to do into the dryer.  I probably dry on average 10-12 loads a week and it hasn't failed me yet.  I would definitely recommend this dryer to anyone looking for an efficiant and reliable dryer.  I think it was a little more pricier when we bought it.  But, it has definitely been worth the extra money.  If we had to do it all over again, we would definitely buy this Neptune dryer again.

Best dryer I have ever owned

from Apple Valley, CA

Comments about Maytag Neptune Gas Dryer:

The maytag dryer is the best dryer I have ever owned.  I can dry two loads of laundry at one time.  I have owned this dryer for about 3 years now and have never had to have it worked on and it has never given me any problems.  This dryer was a little more costly than some of the other brands, but it was worth every penny.  It is also an energy efficient dryer.  I would highly recommend this dryer.

This is a decent dryer but could be better.

from Orange, CA

Comments about Maytag Neptune Gas Dryer:

This Maytag dryer is decent, but sometimes I have to run it twice, even on extra dry cycle.  I keep the lint filter pretty clean but if I am drying a large load, I have to run the dryer sometimes an extra 20 minutes.  With that said, it drys a normal load just fine and sometimes it takes a shorter cycle to completely dry my items.  So it's a switch off between having to run the dryer a little longer and run it on a shorter cycle.  So I gave this dryer 3 stars out of 5.