Other Washing Machines:

Maytag Front Load Washer

Pros

Cons

• Cleaning Time:

Not built like they used to be

from Grand Rapids, MI

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Adjustable Settings
  • Clean Clothes Well
  • Large Capacity
  • Spins Clothes Dry

Cons

• Breaks Down
  • Leaky
  • Noisy
  • Shakes/Moves

• Everyday Clothes

Comments about Maytag Front Load Washer:

I have had my washer 6 years now. I do at least 2 loads of laundry a day, sometimes more. The loads are usually regular soil amount, but sometimes my children's clothes are splattered and pretty dirty. Overall, I would say this washer does an alright job. The clothes come out clean, but sometimes getting them clean is the biggest problem. Over 3 years my washer would trip a code almost every other wash. Sometimes it would take a day just to get one load successfully run. Come to find out the pump was bad. Now the pump is fixed and it still has problems from time to time. When the washer runs correctly, I am happy with it. For the amount of money paid, versus the other brands and models out there, this one works fine. I have decided if i have to put little money in to keep it going rather than buy a new one, I will do that. My washer is not on a pedestal, it is just on my laundry room floor and it is pretty loud. When it spin the really fast cycle it shakes my house and moves around the floor. After the cycle is done I usually have to move the washer back in place because it has moved so far. When the washer spins its really fast cycle, the clothes do come out damp and makes dry time extremely fast. I would probably buy a maytag washer again, but I think I would do a little more research on what one I buy. Turns out my model had a lot of electrical and pump issues. I would recommend maytag to others, I would just recommend that they too do their research. The washer itself if built well, has held up well but I guess you can't have something work perfect all the time.

Great washing machine when used correctly

from Lowell, MA

Comments about Maytag Front Load Washer:

When used as directed, this washer is fast and does a great job.

Energy Efficiency
Washing time is minimal and fast when one is in need of clean clothes

I have purchased this front load washer found it to be very durable, washing in decent time with good power advantages. Good load capacity; but I'd like to share a major factor that I have found, all maytag washers are not capable of holding 4 times the normal load. I have watched many that buy a regular size capacity washers and load it three times the amount of clothes here. Leaving no space for clothes to wash; crowded clothes still end ip dirty. It should say "When this machine is overloaded it will not operate, Period."

• Cleaning Time:

This product is so much easier to load than a regular washer.

Comments about Maytag Front Load Washer:

This machine is outstanding. When we were in the market for a new washer/dryer we knew we wanted a Maytag front loader. As luck would have it, Home Depot was having a sale on that weekend so we were able to purchase both at an excellent price. Having already done the research, I knew this was the product for me and to have it on sale, was a double bonus. Now, 4 years later, it is still a great machine.

Energy Efficiency
It has many selections for the type of load of clothes you are going to do, therefore you can pick the proper setting for the wash. Usually a fast wash will take care of many of my loads and then the heavy duty one is great for my husband's clothes. It has such a large cleaning capacity that you can make your load as large as you want.

Cleaning Time
Cleaning time depends on your washing selection. It is remarkably fast for all loads, especially the delicate one.

It never skips a beat. You put in your soap and softener, set the settings, close the door and wait for the bell telling you it is done.

As I said above, you put in your soap and softener, set the settings, close the door and wait for the bell telling you it is done.

I think it was designed perfectly. We bought the pedestal in silver and it looks so nice in the laundry room.

This unit is very durable. After 4 years there isn't a mark on it.

Great Dependable Quiet Reliable User friendly Awesome machine

Comments about Maytag Front Load Washer:

Our machine is now 2 years old and it's been the best washing machine we have ever owned in 40 years.

Energy Efficiency
We have saved so much on our utility bills since we've owned this machine.

Cleaning Time
We have always added a little amount of vinegar to our laundry and have never had an issue with any odors, scum build up, etc. Every six months I clean out the filter / strainer on the water pump ( most owners forget to maintain their filter ) this helps the water circulation and avoids problems. My wife and I never use fabric softener products, my wife doesn't care for the over-whelming fake perfume smell that's supposed to make you think that your clothes are cleaner. I never cared for the thick ( usually blue ) gel-like residue left behind through-out your machine's plumbing that attracts water to sit and mold to grow. I have repaired my share of machines over the years, and believe me, any repairman can tell you if you use fabric softener or not.Try vinegar in your machine weekly. Vinegar works in dishwashers as well, instead of Jet Dry, etc.

Perfect, Never misses on performance!

Very easy to use. Could not be better!

Beautiful Design

Maintenance is Key, Take care of it and it will take care of you.

• Cleaning Time:

The Maytag front loading maching is awesome!

from Millington, MI

Comments about Maytag Front Load Washer:

I really like my new Maytag front load washer! It gets the clothes clean, is easy to use and looks good too!

Energy Efficiency
We have noticed that our energy bill has decreased a bit with this new washer, and beings that is the only change our household has made we have to believe that the lower cost is due to the new washer.

Cleaning Time
The washing time seems to be about right, the only complaint that I have is that you can't set the load size with a push button control. I'm thinking though that it may be able to sense the size of the load and adjust accordingly. Shoot, it does everything else so why wouldn't it do that too?

I feel that the performance of this washer is awesome. It's for the most part quiet, and once the spin cycle gets up to full speed you really don't even notice what it's doing.

The washer is very easy to use, if you can read you can use this machine! You can toss a load of wash in, fill the soap dispenser and select the proper settings in seconds. I love this machine!

The design is wonderful, very sleek, and the lines are smooth. I love the push button controls and the ease of use of the dial selector. No complaints on any part of the machines design.

So far, the machine seems to be extremely durable! It runs like a top.

• Cleaning Time:

A water saving, energy efficient machine that has some design fl

from Covington, GA

Comments about Maytag Front Load Washer:

This washer saves water, and thereby saves money. However, it is a mold haven in the detergent resoirvoir area as well ad the door seal area. I have also found 3 socks trapped behind the seal area just inside the door. They had been there some time, because they were black and covered in mold! I will not purchase another front loader.

There needs to be a better way to eliminate the opportunity for mold to grow without having to keep the door and drawer open.

Great Buy

from Washington, PA

Comments about Maytag Front Load Washer:

This is a great front loading washing machine. Has multiple setting like quick wash for when you are in need of something being washed quickly in half the time of a normal load. Also has a bulky items button for those heavy work clothes that need rung out just a bit more to ge the excess moisture out. Its a great washer for an affordable price.

A Lifesaver for a Busy Mom!

from Canton, GA

Comments about Maytag Front Load Washer:

Over the last 7 years, my family has grown steadily from 2 people to 5. 3 of those members are 6 and under, and for some reason, those three little people have exponentially increased my laundry work! For a while I made do with my small-capacity washer and dryer that I got on sale when I got married, but when I realized how much time, energy, and money I was pouring into laundry, I knew something had to change. I did a lot of research and looked at a lot of washers, and finally chose this one because of the wide range of features, the rebates attached, and the price. I have NOT been disappointed- in fact, it has made my life SO much easier! The first thing to note would be the quiet. Sometimes (well, quite often, in fact) I forget that I am doing laundry! On that note, another feature I love is the Refresh setting that continues to tumble and move your laundry around for up to 8 hours after a load is finished to keep them from getting that yucky smell. I love my Sanitize setting, which is a FANTASTIC one for moms, but I'd have to say that my absolute favorite thing about this washer is the Power Wash setting. That setting can eliminate almost ANY stain- clothes that I typically would have relegated to the "don't wear in public" pile come out completely spotless- we are talking chocolate, dirt, blood, and- the clincher for me- tomato sauce. It really gives me a sense of satisfaction to see those spotless clothes!