Other Clothes Dryers:

Pros

Cons

Too Hot to Pass Up.

Comments about Maytag Centennial Gas Dryer:

It does a great job. Works flawlessly. Removes pet hair from all types of fabric. We have four dogs and one cat in the house and never have hair on the clothes when they come out of the dryer.

Load Capacity
No complaints. It is sturdy and handles whatever goes into it.

Dries clothes with one use. Never have I had to run it more than once to dry anything.

Put your wet clothes in it, turn the dials to heat setting, and drying setting and start it. My eight year old can use it.

It is a Maytag which means that it should be built to last. Seven people drying laundry on a weekly basis and in the last year it has not given me any problems. It has worked flawlessly. Other brands that I have had did not last long with this much use. The machine is still like new in looks and functionality. I will buy again if and when this ones stops working.

It is a dryer. They all look the same. They are usually a square box design. Some have digital displays or chrome exteriors, but for the price I will stick to this Maytag machine. In a competition amongst dryers my machine would come out on top in my opinion.

Good Basic Dryer

Comments about Maytag Centennial Gas Dryer:

Although I hate my Maytag Centennial Washer with a passion, I have no complaints about the dryer. It's nothing fancy and it doesn't have as many setting choices as more expensive dryers, but it my laundry dry in an extremely reasonable amount of time without causing damage to my family's clothing and linens.

Load Capacity
It has a decent sized load capacity, which is weird because the companion washer doesn't. I can dry at LEAST 25% more of a load than I can effectively fit in the washer. Unfortunately the load capacity is wasted since I can't wash a big enough load in the Centennial washer to fill the dryer to its maximum capacity.

It gets the entire load dry much more quickly than the more expensive Kenmore dryer that I replaced with this.

There's really only three setting options to choose from so it's very simple and uncomplicated.

I've had it going on six months now and it doesn't look like there's going to be any problems in the near future.

It has a simple, functional, uncomplicated design. It's not as pretty or high tech as a lot of models available today, but it does what it needs to do for a lot less money.

• Load Capacity:

Good basic large capacity dryer

from Windsor, CT

Comments about Maytag Centennial Gas Dryer:

I've had this dryer about 2 years, and although I liked my old dryer better, this one is more than adequate, and I'd probably buy it again if I had the opportunity to change my mind. I don't particularly like that it keeps going after the cycle is over because I feel like it's wasting energy, but I'm sure it keeps clothes from getting wrinkled. I think that although it supposedly has a sensor, it overdries a little bit, and I usually have the setting close to "less dry". Large capacity was a big selling point for me!

it takes about 35 to 40 minutes to dry jeans and towels

from Effingham, SC

Comments about Maytag Centennial Gas Dryer:

This dryer takes about 35 to 40 minutes to dry towels. The lit trap is in front and does not hold a lot. The is not a light like the Kenmore model. Overall its a averge product.

pros:

Reasonably Quiet

More Efficient

Cost:

Cons:Does not dry clothes fast

Lent trap is in the front

When it gets too hot, there may be a burning smell.

maytag dryer

from Hanapepe, HI

Comments about Maytag Centennial Gas Dryer:

When we replaced our 30+ year old Whirlpool dryer with the Maytag Dryer, I thought to myself, I hope this dryer lasts as long as the old one.  We had one dryer since we built our house, but we've had to replace two washers.  I guess the dryer lasted longer because we use the solar dryer in Hawaii most of the times.  I usually hang my laundry out every Saturday and only use it when it rains.  Sometimes I hang the laundry out, and then dry it for a few minutes.  The dryer runs on propane so it doesn't use a lot of electricity.  It makes the clothes nice and fluffy, especially the towels.  When towels are sun dried, they come out very stiff and hard.  Sometimes I would throw the towels in to make them soft.  Using the solar dryer is more energy efficient, especially since we live in a location where it is sunny most of the time.  However, because I wash about four loads, I don't have room on my clothesline for all of the laundry.  The dryer comes in handy.

Dries Clothes Fast!

from Garland, TX

Comments about Maytag Centennial Gas Dryer:

My Maytag MGDC400V Gas Dryer is very durable and reliable! It's a quiet machine! Very user friendly. Has a large capacity. The price isn't too bad. It dries all my clothes very well and fast. I would recommend this dryer to anyone!