Other Washing Machines:

Maytag Bravos Top Load Washer

Pros

Cons

So far I love it, but I do have a couple of issues with it

I was just gifted a new washer and dryer from my husband's grandmother, and this is the washer she bought for our family. There are many things about this machine that I love. It looks great and has a large capacity. It is very durable and well built (of course, it's a Maytag!) Some of the minor issues I've had are explained in more detail below.

Energy Efficiency
I'm not sure how it compares to others in terms of electricity usage, but as far as conserving water goes this is a great machine. It uses much less water and detergent than traditional top loading machines.

Cleaning Time
Personally I think the cleaning time is really long. This doesn't really seem to be specific to any brand though, because all of the newer machines that use less water than the old fashioned top loaders seem to take a long time to me. I've washed clothes in a similar high efficiency washer (my mother-in-law's LG machine) and each load takes forever in hers too. Basically whichever cycle you pick, it's going to take over an hour (sometimes well over an hour) to wash a single load. Ultimately I think we're all going to have to get used to longer wash times, because it seems like the traditional, top loading, agitating washers (which had quicker wash times) are a thing of the past. They don't even seem to be on the market anymore.

It works great, however the fact that it uses less water than older top loaders means that (at least in our household) less pet hair gets rinsed away than in machines that fill all the way up. I have noticed more dog hairs still stuck on the wet clothes when they come out than in other machines I've used.

I love the look of this machine. It is well built, and very attractive. When I lift the lid up and down it just feels heavier and more well made than other machines I've used. The see through glass top is great! I love being able to look down in while the machine is in use to see what's going on in there. The only thing I really don't like about the design is that if it takes too long to fill, an error message comes on the screen and you have to push the power button to turn if off in order to open the lid. When you do that the water all automatically drains out and you have to start the whole load again from the beginning of the cycle. I wish I could turn it off and on again without all of the water and soap draining out.

Great at first

I absolutely LOVED this washer when I first got it. I love it's large capacity. It cleans very well. It does not snag my clothes and the BEST feature in my opinion is the Hand Wash feature. I have put all of my hand wash items in the washer on this setting and not one of them has been damaged. I am a mom of 4 children and one is in cloth diapers! It gets them clean every time! The only issue is that two years in I have started to get a F1 error code. IT seems to be a common issue. I have to CONSTANTLY turn the washer off and start a loads 4-5 times before the wash cycle will work. After that it stops at the rinse cycle and I have do do the same thing to get it to rinse. I really wish this hadn't happened, because I would have otherwise given the washer a 5 point rating. Too bad!

Energy Efficiency
With 6 people in the house and tons of clothes to wash this was very important for us!

Cleaning Time
I would give it a 5, but I have to keep going back and turning the washer on and off

Only because of the F1 error I continually get

It has a very sleek design and fits well in my laundry room

it is still working, just not to the standard I was expecting.

i wold bay it ugin

from SEL LHOUS

About Me Professional Cleaner

Pros

• Easy To Clean
  • Ergonomic Design
  • Lightweight
  • Powerful

Cons

• Hard to Clean
  • Heavy
  • Weak Function

• Allergies

• I Am A:
  • Family Young Kids

Maytag Bravo Washing Machine

Comments about Maytag Bravos Top Load Washer:

I love this machine. The ease of use, is awesome. It is easy to clean. It has sounds that are loud enough to hear from the other side of the house. It has very nice features. I had rented many washers, and this one was the best out of many brands, including the Whirlpool ones that are like this one. But My Bravo s excellent - I had bought mine at Menards and got a great deal on it and received an 11% rebate as well!

Energy Efficiency
It actually LOWERED my electric AND my water bill -- versus the other washer, such as Whirlpool.

Cleaning Time
My most heaviest loads take an HOUR AT TOPS to wash!

Excellent quality! And so very quiet .. I forgot many times, I have laundry going.

Bravo Bravo!! ha ha .. but in all seriousness .. it is very easy to use like the commercial says "It's so easy a caveman can do it" ... (If cavemen were to use it -- maybe they would be cleaner)

Sleek and Elegant design comes in white or silver. See through top or plain jane top.

This machine handles the heaviest and the dirtiest loads .. heavy blankets .. greasy clothes (from motor oil grease) and easy to keep clean. Ive had my machine for 4 years and It only broke down once - my "maytag repairman" came out and fixed it at no charge. So they live up to their warranties.

So far I love it, but I do have a couple of issues with it

• Cleaning Time:

Cautious at first, in love now

Comments about Maytag Bravos Top Load Washer:

We looked at front loading machines because others have said they loved them better and also the load capacity was greater. After looking at tons of different styles and options, we decided to stay with a top load washer and I am so glad we did. It just works better for our space and I love the cool design. Looks so space age. The drum will hold way more than our last washer so no worries there. The clothes just come out cleaner and not tangled up together. I soo love the hand wash feature, we use it for all of our delicates. I also use it for washing my knitting and crochet projects. Our family just loves this washer, even our 12 year old who has decided she prefers doing laundry over washing the dishes. She understood how to operate the machine in no time.

Cleaning Time
This does clean faster than our old Kenmore.

The clothes just look better. It does remove the cat hair from their kitty beds, whereas our last one seemed to hardly clean them at all.

Our daughter has learned to use the machine.

Love the clean smooth design. our son thinks it looks like a space ship.

• Cleaning Time:

Sleek, efficient, does a great job!

Comments about Maytag Bravos Top Load Washer:

This washing machine is great. It is extremely quiet and is really nice looking, so it's great for a first floor laundry room. Besides a few clicking noises as the washing machine goes through its cycle, there isn't much more noise then a hum. Installation was very easy, and the washer and dryer pair are very compact. There is no agitator in the washer, so not only is there that much extra space, but I also don't have to worry about my clothing getting tangled or damaged. I am able to fit everything I need into it with no problem, and I can't get over how quickly it washes a full load. My one complaint is that I am often battling the odor common with these type of machines, and if I don't stay on top of it and wash the machine with afresh frequently, my towels (more than anything else) start to smell funky.

• Cleaning Time:

It would be a great washer if it didn't take forever to wash.

Comments about Maytag Bravos Top Load Washer:

This would be a great washer, but it takes a very long time for clothes to wash. A normal load can take anywhere from 45 to 70 minutes. Also, even if it gives you a set time, like 45 minutes, it will take longer, due to the pauses. I would rather invest in a washer that washes in half the time. It would save on water and energy. I do like all of the washing options such as hypo-allergenic, drain and spin, and whites.

Energy Efficiency
It does say that it is an energy saver, and compared to older models, it does save. However, with the length of time it takes to wash, it doesn't save much on energy.

Cleaning Time
An hour is just too long for a small to normal load of clothes. Forty-five minutes is too long.

It does wash the clothes well, no matter how much time it takes. It has pre-wash and deep wash, which I like both very well.

The machine is very easy to use. The settings are easy to set.

I think it looks very modern and has an innovative look.

So far, the washer is doing well. I just don't see it lasting over six years.

Great

from Mcdonough, GA

Comments about Maytag Bravos Top Load Washer:

I love it. Its has made my washing more enjoyable & the clothes come out very clean, you use less water than the average washer machine. My whole family loves it. In about three weeks I will be getting the dryer that matches.

Energy Efficiency
Great I see a change in my bill.

Like it.

Great at first

from Indianapolis, IN

Only because of the F1 error I continually get

It has a very sleek design and fits well in my laundry room

it is still working, just not to the standard I was expecting.

• Cleaning Time:

maytag washer is great long lasting

Comments about Maytag Bravos Top Load Washer:

I have owned a maytag washer for years. This washer has performed time in and out. No repairs ever and no problems. highly recommend. The clothes come out clean. the efficiency his great with cost of energy. the washer is very durable has lasted for many years, Tell all friends about the performance of this washer.

• Cleaning Time:

Summarize this product in one sentence.

from Kempner, TX

Comments about Maytag Bravos Top Load Washer:

So far very pleased with this washer. We are a family of 5 and we was everyday. And so
far no mantiance.

Energy Efficiency
Have not noticed any change in our energy bill between it and the old GE

Cleaning Time
Since we are always in a rush, we are always in a hurry for things to get done. But it
maybe just us.

Like I have said before, we have had no breakdowns so that is much better than we were
doing, no dirty close stacking up.

My daughter bought the machine for us while I was working with my senior citizen parents
when I came in I ut my clothes in the machine and washed a load with no trouble and
no instructions.

Love being able to look through the door on top and check on the clothes, plus not having to worry about water running out the door if it were on the front. Love not having none useful
drawer under it to make it taller and harder to reach.

our teenage son goes in and throughs in a handful of sports clothes, band clothes,
slambs the lid and goes back for them, so it seems very rugged.